SAP Litmos OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Litmos is the #1 ranked solution in top eLearning tools, #2 ranked solution in top Virtual Training tools, and #6 ranked solution in top Learning Management Systems. PeerSpot users give SAP Litmos an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. SAP Litmos is most commonly compared to SAP SuccessFactors Learning: SAP Litmos vs SAP SuccessFactors Learning. SAP Litmos is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.
SAP Litmos Buyer's Guide

Download the SAP Litmos Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is SAP Litmos?

SAP Litmos is a cloud-based learning platform that offers a variety of eLearning tools at the disposal of users and organizations. Through an innovative interface and mobile apps, the platform offers easy setup, options for third-party integrations, and a variety of native products, all combined to deliver an extremely efficient eLearning experience for all kinds of people. To ensure the delivery of optimal modern learning to its customers, SAP Litmos combines virtual, classroom, mobile, eCommerce, and social capabilities, allowing organizations to create, manage, and analyze effective learning programs within the digital space.

SAP Litmos provides organizations with the most important eLearning tool - a reliable learning management system (LMS). SAP Litmos Training is a platform for managing the electronic learning process. It is supported in 35 languages and used in more than 150 countries. This tool offers organizations the ability to not only provide their learners with educational content, but also to manage the entire program from a single secure platform. Additionally, SAP Litmos Training also allows for the automation of many tasks so that organizations can focus on the efficiency of the training rather than on any technical chores. The system is created such that it can integrate with the existing systems of clients, utilizing an API to share information. Along with the management of the content library that this solution offers to organizations, it also provides learners with various features, such as quizzes, assessments in different formats, leaderboards, and, of course, the courses and content, all personalized to their own learning needs.

Alongside the LMS with which SAP Litmos provides educators, it also offers eLearning courses that are ready to use. Led by industry professionals, the courses for electronic learning that SAP Litmos offers cover areas like leadership and management, equity and inclusion, diversity, human resources, health, and safety, as well as health and wellbeing, customer service, sales mastery, cybersecurity, and others. The courses provided by SAP Litmos come with supplemental materials and they are updated within the LMS. This means that organizations can easily integrate ready-made professional courses into their eLearning instead of trying to create them on their own.

SAP Litmos Features

As an eLearning tool, SAP Litmos provides organizations with many different features that help them to create and manage content and follow learners’ performance so that they can evaluate the results of the learning experience and find ways to improve it. Some of the features that SAP Litmos offer include:

• Content authoring: In addition to the ready-to-use eLearning courses that SAP Litmos offers, it also provides organizations with the ability to create their own content using only the LMS. This built-in content authoring feature helps organizations save time and money, allowing them to benefit from the all-in-one function of the system.

• Progress tracking: Through the feature for tracking and reporting, SAP Litmos lets organizations follow each eLearning process, seeing its impact, the performance of learners, and insightful data, all visualized through reports and the system's dashboard.

• Gamification: To ensure innovative eLearning, SAP Litmos offers awards for learners who achieve certain results or participate actively in the learning process. This feature lets organizations promote friendly competition and engagement throughout the process.

• Notifications: Through the real-time notification feature, an organization can closely follow the eLearning of its students and act promptly if any issues arise or if a student needs help during their training.

Other features include instructor-led training, task automation, e-commerce, video assessments, and customized learning paths.

SAP Litmos Benefits

SAP Litmos offers a variety of eLearning tools and features that can help organizations deliver effective teaching solutions. The benefits this platform provides include:

• Ability to utilize it in different industries
  • Options for interactive training to enhance learning results
  • Customization options for the entire eLearning process and its management
  • Third-party integrations

Reviews from Real Users

SAP Litmos is highly valued by users as an eLearning tool. Some of the positive reviews include:

Bhuwan G., SAP SuccessFactors Consultant at NTT DATA Business Solutions Qatar, says that SAP Litmos is a flexible learning platform, and requires little to no maintenance. His organization appreciates it because it is user friendly and incorporates the majority of the essential elements.

Julie B., Technical Trainer at 1E, says that her organization uses the LMS of SAP Litmos successfully to scale learning in a remote context and offer multiple courses, rating it as a very scalable solution.

SudhakarJ., Enterprise Architect at Nsight Inc, agrees that SAP Litmos offers a scalable LMS and appreciates that it is easy to set up and onboard new learners.

SAP Litmos was previously known as CallidusCloud Litmos, Litmos.

SAP Litmos Customers

YouTube, Samsung, Coca Cola, Nowegian.com, Xero, Zumba, Sears, Build.com, UFC

SAP Litmos Video

SAP Litmos Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP Litmos pricing:
  • "When we first purchased our subscription, we underestimated how many people we would have within a billing period. We had to adjust that in the first six months. I can't remember the exact numbers, but they charge a per user rate for a certain number, and you get a discount as the number of users goes up. It scales, which is a fairly reasonable way to build a pricing model."
  • "If I have a domain and I want to link my custom domain to SAP Litmos, and if I want to remove the branding of the SAP Litmos, then they charge a large amount for it. It's not included in your subscription plan which we have purchased from them. In the last two to three years, we have never bought the custom domain. We have never linked our custom domain to SAP Litmos. The barrier for us is the high pricing. It is not a reasonable price."
  • "I don't know what the pricing model is at this point in time. I'm a consultant. The organizations that have purchased Litmos engage me to help them implement it, or Litmos engage me to be their external learning management system administrator. So, I don't see the rates, but based on the general comments that I've heard, it seems cost-effective and competitive with its competitors."
  • "I do not have any idea about the licensing, but I know that it is quite expensive."
  • "The pricing is really good. Its pricing is probably the most competitive I've seen for an LMS. If you need help with doing any type of custom design or customization, such as code design or anything like that with the site, then you have to use their people services, which would be an extra cost."
  • "It is priced per user license."
  • "This solution comes at a high price point. We also paid $4500 for a migration specialist from Litmos to assist in moving our content over. You are billed every month based on the number of users who have logged in and completed training."
  • SAP Litmos Reviews

Systems & Quality Advisor at a mining and metals company with 201-500 employees
    It has streamlined onboarding contractors and employees
    • "Litmos has an excellent user interface. It's well designed and intuitive. It also has a great content engine. I'm one of the admins, so I create content in the system and use that to produce courses. We make our own training content and credit records. They recently added a new feature called the Course Content Creator, and I'm a big fan. I also like that Litmos lets you record online and face-to-face training so you can create what they call Instructor-led Training Events (ILT)."
    • "The reporting could be improved. When we first subscribed to Litmos, it had a great reporting engine, but SAP altered it. Some of the changes have reduced the ability to extract reports from it. It's excellent for live data, but it can be tricky when I want to get a report."

What is our primary use case?

We have a workforce of approximately 300 people plus a few hundred contractors who periodically work for us. We use this LMS platform to deliver all of our induction training and track other training done in person and online.

What is most valuable?

Litmos has an excellent user interface. It's well designed and intuitive. It also has a great content engine. I'm one of the admins, so I create content in the system and use that to produce courses. We make our own training content and credit records. They recently added a new feature called the Course Content Creator, and I'm a big fan. I also like that Litmos lets you record online and face-to-face training so you can create what they call Instructor-led Training Events (ILT).

It has a powerful scheduling system in it as well. You can set these training sessions up and it makes a calendar, so people can book their own training events. I can create an event where I announce I've got a classroom with 16 seats available, and people can book. If those 16 seats are full, it will tell them the event is full and they can try the next one.

What needs improvement?

The reporting could be improved. When we first subscribed to Litmos, it had a great reporting engine, but SAP altered it. Some of the changes have reduced the ability to extract reports from it. It's excellent for live data, but it can be tricky when I want to get a report.

I've been using Litmos every day for the past three years.

SAP Litmos
    November 2022
    Learn what your peers think about SAP Litmos. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
    657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Litmos is pretty stable. We had one issue a few weeks ago. There was an error where some training records weren't recorded correctly. One of our guys raised a ticket, and it was fixed within 48 hours.

That was a pretty major error in the system. I'm not sure what went wrong, but I remember seeing the email about it. SAP had it fixed by the time we raised it with the support team. That was the only significant event we've had in two and a half years.

Litmos is highly scalable. We can keep adding users, and it doesn't care. We can build teams inside it and redefine them without any drop in performance. I've got 5,689 users that have passed through the system, but they're not all active.

According to the home dashboards, I've got 3,914 active users. That means a user has logged in during the last 12 months. However, if we look at our monthly billing schedule, we'll probably find 300 or so. It bills according to the active users in a given month.

We are already using Litmos extensively, and we plan to expand usage. We've got some sister companies, and they all will be using this. The number of registered accounts has gone up from hundreds to thousands. So clearly we've started doing that.

A component of scalability is what they call "themes." When I log in, I see my company theme and can create a theme inside this for our other sister company. They see their company logo, data, and information, not mine. It's actually a strong piece of scalable functionality that we can share among our businesses. They see something different even though it's one large platform. It allows for that stability and uniformity of design.

SAP support is pretty good. There's a link built into the solution to contact support. We had one major issue, and they responded quickly, but I've been included in other minor problems. When we ask for information, they provide it fast. We have a service-level agreement that comes with this platform, and they've abided by it. They respond to critical issues in hours and fix them within days. So far, the technical support has lived up to our expectations. I have no complaints.

Setting up Litmos wasn't difficult. We were using this product when it was called Learning Seat, so we had a history with the business. However, it was a more basic version of this platform. When we migrated into this current version, I gave them a huge spreadsheet with my columns of data, and it was quick.

It took a couple of weeks to deploy, but the actual deployment was quite slick because it's an out-of-the-box solution, so we made few changes. The three administrators were given some training on using it and putting our data in there.

We turned it on, and away we went. We also purchased access to the content library that comes with this particular product, and Learning Seat has its own content. As soon as I created our user base, we had instant access to the full suite. We could choose courses at our leisure and start designing programs within the platform itself.

I deployed Litmos by myself or I was the main point of contact. I had some people help me with my datasheets. It was something that a single person could have done, but I had three people on my team. It was actually very little work from our end.

We gave ourselves a few weeks to do it. Litmos just turned it on and said, "Here you go. It's now yours." It was there instantly. They gave us a URL and login credentials. I started adding my own content after that.

Once it was turned on, it was technically active, and we could start using all the Litmos content. We spent another month adding our own internal content because we have our training history that we wanted to import into it. That isn't a limitation of the platform; that was just the migration process that we had to go through internally. The platform itself was active on the day that they clicked the switch. We had a soft live quickly and we a hard live, where we released it to our staff about a month later.

We deployed it ourselves, but the vendor handles the maintenance. They send us emails when there is downtime for scheduled maintenance. It's once a month or every couple of months. They always schedule at a low use period. We have no maintenance requirements whatsoever. This is a straight-up subscription.

It's a little hard to quantify, but we've seen a return because Litmos has increased the speed of onboarding people. We used to do entirely face-to-face training, so we could only fit so many people in a room. People can self-register utilizing this platform.

A person who intends to work at our business can log themselves in and do their induction before showing up at our sites. By the time they come to us, they're already fully inducted and can start more quickly. It saves time spent in the classroom as well as the cost of paying someone to deliver training and mark the assessment.

Litmos' price is pretty average. It's an active user subscription, so we only get billed for active users each month even though there are thousands of users in there.

When we first purchased our subscription, we underestimated how many people we would have within a billing period. We had to adjust that in the first six months. I can't remember the exact numbers, but they charge a per user rate for a certain number, and you get a discount as the number of users goes up. It scales, which is a fairly reasonable way to build a pricing model.

We bundled the user and content subscription, so if it was $5 per user for the platform, we might pay $6.50 per user to get all the content. There's a gold standard and a platinum standard. We purchased the higher one because we thought the value of that extra $1.50 per user was worth it. That gave us access to the content as well as the platform.

We get all content, and it's updated all the time. It's automatic, so we don't have to request it. It's a good setup, and there are no additional costs. If we had chosen the platform only, we would need to purchase the courses we want individually. We've opted to go with the rolling subscription that includes content.

I was given free rein to pick a learning management system. I'd used an earlier version of this platform, so I contacted Learning Seat, which then put me in touch with SAP Litmos. I also looked at a few other LMS platforms because due diligence requires us to evaluate at least three vendors for any decision. I looked at three vendors' functions, features, and price models, and we settled on this one because of a nice, intuitive dashboard and platform.

It had a lot of content already there. The content included in this subscription is Australian Legislative Content. That was a fairly important element for us. Some of the other providers had content, but it wasn't Australian-based content. It was American or English. Litmos has those as well, but it has specific Australian legislation training.

What other advice do I have?

I rate SAP Litmos eight out of 10. I would give it a 10 if SAP improved the reporting engine. It's a powerful system.

My advice to prospective users depends on what you plan to do with it. There are two ways you can use it. You purchase the premade content or add your own. If you're going to use your own content, you need to have training design in your portfolio because it has strong SCORM-compliant training material.

You need to be computer savvy because it's an IT-based solution. The admins must be training professionals. That's what I am. I'm the main administrator of this system, and one of the training advisors or I was when we purchased it. Our IT department provides infrastructure support, but I run the system together with two training advisors because that's who it's designed for.

Ashish_Bhatnagar - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Manager at Accounts NextGen
    Leaderboard
    Useful training available, customizable, but security could improve
    • "There is a couple of good features available, you can customize the dashboard, CSA, and home page. You can customize the solution to your business standards. SAP Litmos offers a library of 2,500 plus courses to premium members. They have a good library of pre-built courses. It's a variety of soft skill courses including management, and marketing. You can offer these courses to your students, which is excellent."
    • "The reporting function of SAP Litmos needs major improvements. The reports are not at par with other solutions on the market. It's not user-friendly or effective reporting which we can retrieve from other places."

What is our primary use case?

We are an LMS provider and we have used SAP Litmos to deliver our training programs online. SAP Litmos is a group platform. We have used it to deliver our training programs online to the students along with these soft skill courses. All our training programs and training materials are built-in SCOM article Storyline.

How has it helped my organization?

SAP Litmos has helped us in proving our current learning content because it provides beneficial soft skill course for training such as on Linkedin , Excel , Communication and social skill, personal development skills and lot more. We can offer these soft skill courses as a addon op top of their regular training course

What is most valuable?

There are many positive aspects of SAP Litmos. Many of the features are good in  SAP Litmos, such as the user-friendly interface.

What needs improvement?

SAP Litmos need some improvement in the security functions. The security of the SAP Litmos is not up to the standard of the organizations because if you are hosting your content in SAP Litmos or any other LMS, then one of the major concerns for the company is to secure their training data to prevent the student from copying it.  Additionally, we want to prevent students from sharing their logins with different users.

In the last two to three years, there was not very much improvement in the security function of the SAP Litmos because students are easily able to copy the data from the online cloud to their desktop. They have to roll out some functions for which we can restrict, the copy-paste features in SAP Litmos itself. There must be some function through which we can restrict the number of views on the content. For example, if a student is accessing a post, then there should be some option to restrict the number of views on a post. If I want that student to have access to a specific topic a specific number of times, such as four or five times, then it would be a benefit for the administrators to secure their data.

In this case, a student has a lesser possibility to share the login with multiple students if I restrict the number of views on a specific topic.

They have to look at the copy and paste functions to secure them from being used in the data configuration. Restricting the number of views on a SCOM content or a video file.

The overall integration could be improved, at this time they only support live webinars for Zoom and Go Webinar. Not every company uses these two applications, some companies use Zoho to deliver the training programs online.  They should expand their integration with other applications.

They can easily share the logins between multiple users. The security function is lacking. They have to work on the security functions of the SAP Litmos as a priority.

The reporting function of SAP Litmos needs major improvements. The reports are not at par with other solutions on the market. It's not user-friendly or effective reporting which we can retrieve from other places.

I have been using SAP Litmos for approximately three years.

The performance of SAP Litmos is fine. We have never had any technical bugs or complaints from students regarding any technical problem in SAP Litmos.

The improvement process is really slow because in the last two to three years when we have used the SAP Litmos, we have never noticed any large updates. For example, they have not updated any aspect of the security or customization. They have rolled out some features, but those are some of the basic features such as their authoring tool which we can create our courses within the SAP Litmos itself without using third-party tools.

They have only added one or two new features which they have launched in the last two or two to three years. They have to work on the improvement of the solution because if they want to compete with the market, they have to make continuous improvements in their solution. Which is currently missing in this SAP Litmos. The team in the backend or whoever is handling the customization on the improvements they have to work on the solution as a priority and fix some of the shortcomings in security.

SAP Litmos is a scalable solution.

The small to medium-size companies would find it difficult to afford the cost of SAP Litmos. The $10,000 to $15,000 annual costs for 150 to 200 users are expensive. They have to work on the pricing model. They have to launch some basic plans, which small to medium size companies can afford to allow them to use the solution.

We have approximately 150 to 200 active users using this solution.

We have reported the security issues we have found in an update request to SAP Litmos multiple numbers of times. Possibly their team is already working on a solution, but I'm not aware of the deadlines or when they will launch it.

The standard support team that provides support could improve because whenever you reach out to them via phone call or via other methods of communication, most of the time, the technical staff are not available to pick up the phone. Most of the time we have to email them for technical support. There are times we have to email them and wait for 25 to 48 hours to receive a reply.

I rate the support from SAP Litmos a three out of five.

I have used other solutions previously, such as Moodle.

Moodle is not able to be customized well and we are looking for a more customizable and creative way to showcase our courses to our students. Moodle is more of an open-source solution.

SAP Litmos is more of a customizable solution and is ready to use and this is why we chose it over Moodle.

The initial setup of SAP Litmos is straightforward, it is not difficult. The interface is user-friendly. You can easily set up your courses and upload the SCOM content. If you have to customize it, for example, the learner dashboard as per your business standard or as per your requirement, then it needs some coding knowledge or CSS knowledge to accomplish the task.

There is already a resource library available in the SAP Litmos which you can access to customize your dashboards. You need some type of technical knowledge or CSS knowledge to do it. If you want to add your content and upload the content, then it's easy to set up your courses.

I am our company's IT specialist and we did the whole implementation in-house.  We did not use any third-party service provider for assistance. We have used the resource library of the SAP Litmos available online in the Litmos heroes.

I have done some certifications of the SAP Litmos, such as white belt and green belt certification. From the resource library, I have some references on how to customize the dashboard, learning path, and set up the scoring. Those libraries have helped me in setting up the solution.

SAP Litmos charges a very large amount to link a custom domain with the solution.

If I have a domain and I want to link my custom domain to SAP Litmos, and if I want to remove the branding of the SAP Litmos, then they charge a large amount for it. It's not included in your subscription plan which we have purchased from them. In the last two to three years, we have never bought the custom domain. We have never linked our custom domain to SAP Litmos. The barrier for us is the high pricing. It is not a reasonable price.

If want to remove the branding of this SAP Litmos from the complete LMS to follow my own business design, it's not very easy for the administrator providers to remove the complete branding of the SAP Litmos. You have to pay a very large amount of annual charges. The costs for some of the solution needs to be looked at because they can be expensive. For 150 to 200 courses, we have paid approximately $10,000 annually, which includes 200 active students. This price is substantial and should be reduced. If you compare the price to other LMS solutions available in the industry, which offer the same function and the same features.

They are offering 2,500 plus free courses, and have a pre-built courses library. This could be the reason they are charging this large amount to use their solution.

The resources that are available in this SAP Litmos, are similar to the other LMS available in the industry but have a substantially lower price in comparison.

We have evaluated other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

SAP Litmos is not a bad option. However, there are other providers available online. The budget of the company will dictate what solution is best for them. If the company has a small budget, then they can choose other LMS available, such as TalentLMSAdobe Captivate, or ThinkFix.

ThinkFix is a very good platform to deliver e-learning courses. One of the problems with ThinkFix is that they don't have support for the SCOM content.

If a company is looking to implement SAP Litmos for their LMS provider, then they have to have a large budget. If the company has a low budget, such as a startup company, then they can try some other LMS available in the industry.

I rate SAP Litmos a six out of ten.

SAP Litmos
    November 2022
    657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Campbell Wormald - PeerSpot reviewer
    Business Owner at TheCWStudios
    Easy to administer and use, integrates well, and helps with compliance management
    • "From a learning management system admin perspective, it has a user-friendly interface, but the functionality is deep. So, you can automate people in and out of courses. It lowers the general admin of an LMS admin so that I can focus more on value-adding things for the organization I'm working with."
    • "One feature that a few of my clients have been requesting is CPD. We should be able to capture CPD points for users within the system to be able to report on those."

What is our primary use case?

I'm a consultant. I work across organizations, and I don't work in the education sphere. I work more in the corporate sphere. Its number one use case is compliance, and the second one is capability in terms of being able to build out learning pathways for various organizations based on what they require and make staff more skilled and more capable.

I work with 15 different businesses that are using SAP Litmos, and they've all got slightly different problems to solve by using this solution. For some of them, their business focus at this point in time is more on compliance improvement. So, they are using it to streamline compliance, make compliance consistent across an organization, or implement an induction pathway for their organization to make it consistent across the organization. So, they are getting the same branding, the same look and feel, and the same language. I've worked with one organization on that.

A learning management system can solve many more business problems, such as offering training at the time when a person needs it, instead of having to always schedule it. Having an e-learning database is great. It really depends on your needs. Another solution that companies may be looking at is being able to integrate Litmos with another system. A lot of times, if your learning management system is within another system, it's not necessarily as developed as Litmos because it's a learning management system platform of its own.

E-commerce is another area. It's a feature of the system. I have a few organizations wanting to sell courses. Being able to sell your courses to a platform like this is also good.

In terms of deployment, it's just the SaaS version. To the best of my understanding, they only offer a SaaS version.

How has it helped my organization?

In Australia, we have some rigid compliance requirements across various different elements of the workforce. SAP Litmos has a lot of power in ensuring that our staff is compliant with any needs that we have. On top of that, in Australia and New Zealand, they offer a suite of compliance courses that are legislatively backed. If any legislation changes, those courses are updated by Litmos itself in line with the legislative requirements.

What is most valuable?

It's a very user-friendly product from the front end. So, from a learner perspective, you know what courses you need to do. They're on your dashboard if they're being pushed to you, or you can take courses if your organization has created courses in the content library. If you've purchased the massive content library that Litmos sells, you can have access to a content library and just take them. You should be able to go to the content library and take those courses quite easily.

In terms of feature set, in this day and age, I expect every learning management system to have an open or an accessible API, and Litmos definitely offers that. Being able to integrate Litmos with other payroll systems or HRIS systems is definitely a big feature.

It supports badges, gamification, and automation. From a large organization perspective, Litmos offers the functionality of being able to modify the user interface. For example, if I've got different departments that want different user interfaces, we can do that through the brand functionality. We can modify user interfaces to meet the cohort or the group of people that we are aiming at.

It has an inbuilt content author that in terms of its functionality is high and continually being developed. Litmos development path or roadmap is the other thing I really value. They roll out new features quarterly, which is quite consistent. It means that if a feature is going to get updated, it often gets updated quarterly. The content author, as an example, has been around for probably 12 to 18 months, but it already has had three or four new elements added to it. The platform is continuing to improve.

What needs improvement?

Their reporting side of things could be better. The reporting dashboard or user interface reporting dashboard is not as intuitive as it potentially could be, but the problem with that is that every organization is going to want something slightly different. So, it's hard, but it is an area where it could improve. To do that, they would need to make some humongous improvements around being able to build your own dashboard within the system, which is pretty huge.

I've been using SAP Litmos for 7 to 10 years.

It's very reliable. In the 7 to 10 years that I've been using it, there are only three outages that I can remember with distinction.

Its performance is good. They're constantly monitoring the system to ensure that it's performing.

It's very scalable. It's easy to scale. It's suitable for small, medium, and large companies.

I'm in regular contact with their technical support. In general, the technical support is good, and probably the best thing about the technical support is that they are always trying to be helpful. Something that the technical support could potentially improve on is just clearer communication. A lot of the technical support is offered via a support platform, which is good., but sometimes, communication just in words is difficult. An improvement in written communication would be a small suggestion.

I've worked with a few different products over the years. I've used LearnPress, which is a WordPress-based LMS. I've used Docebo and I've used WorldLearn. I've also tested numerous other learning materials and different platforms. The number one difference that I see when comparing Litmos against other non-open source products, such as Docebo, is in terms of administration. I found the administration side of Litmos a lot simpler. It's simple but deep. It still has a lot of the same features, but it's just a little bit easier to navigate. In comparison with the open-source products, I've found the readiness of support a lot more helpful.

It depends on a business' preparedness. If a business is prepared, it's very simple. If a business is complex or not prepared, it may take a little bit longer to implement.

The number of people required also depends on the business. It can range from one person to a team of people, depending on the business requirements. If it's a small business, it can be deployed by one person.

The time of deployment also varies. If it's a straightforward and simple deployment where you want to roll out a content library to your users where they can take it off the shelf, you can have it done in a couple of hours. If you're setting it up for an organization with more complex requirements around compliance or learning pathways or there are some complexities in the system, with very unique branding and modifications, the rollout is going to take longer.

In terms of maintenance, it's a SaaS product. So, there is no maintenance. All updates are pushed from Litmos. In today's world, with SaaS products, everybody has had to learn to move with the way the companies that are offering the products are going. Sometimes we make modifications on our end and we need to be able to change fairly quickly when the product changes. So, SaaS products have brought a different problematic scenario into updates to systems.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be:

• Know what you want to achieve.
    • Make sure your data is clean. If you don't know what that means, you really need to find out.
    • Know who your groups of people are.
    • Know whether you want to integrate with other systems.
    • Know whether your course data and course content are ready to be moved to Litmos.

I'd rate Litmos a 9 out of 10.

Nupur Deshmukh - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Consultant at CapGemini
    Leaderboard
    Comes with many advanced functionalities, and makes the users interested in the training with its amazing UI/UX
    • "Its user interface is quite good. The platform is quite user-friendly. The UI/UX of the platform is very advanced, which helps in getting the users interested in the training."
    • "They can really improve in the reporting area. While doing sessions, there are various types of reports, such as the attendance report or assessment report. We can export the Excel dump of the report, but it is not that neat and clean. You have to change it a lot. You can customize the Excel dump as per your requirement, but it is not that user-friendly in terms of the admin part. They can do much better. They have room for improvement in the reporting area."

What is our primary use case?

We were dealing in digital marketing in my previous organization. The requirement was that whenever new resources got on board, we wanted them to get trained on a specific process. For example, when it came to e-commerce, we wanted to train them in SEO and SEM so that they know how to enhance the e-commerce pages to get the most traffic out of it. We already had training material in place, but we wanted a platform on which we can actually gauge the knowledge of the onboarding resources. We wanted to know if they have enough expertise to execute the process. For that, we created a training plan with different parts, such as:

• Introduction to E-commerce
    • Introduction to SEO
    • How to Identify Keywords

We had beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. We had a complete wireframe of the training plan, and we uploaded the complete training to the Litmos LMS platform. We had options of uploading the content of the training as videos or PDFs. We could also design any kind of training content on Articulate, which is for interactive content.

After going through the content, a resource had to take a test. Litmos gives complete leverage in deciding how and on what basis you want to clear a resource and at what percentage, such as 80%, 90%, or 100%. It is up to you. After completing the training, a resource could also get certified. This option is available in Litmos in case you want to create your own training program. For example, if you have your own designed skill path for a particular process, you can do that. You can keep the certification. If you don't want to keep it, that's also an option.

We used to use a platform for onboarding the resources. We wanted to make sure that new resources were aware of the organizational policies, ethics of the organization, cybersecurity, and other things. There were a few basic induction tests or trainings that they had to complete, and we used to upload them to Litmos.

How has it helped my organization?

It was much easier to gauge the knowledge level of the resources via this platform. With our previous internal LMS platform, we were not able to deploy certifications. So, the resources were not very motivated to complete a particular training. With Litmos, after completing the training, they used to dedicatedly complete the tests of the training. They were able to get certified, and they could also upload their certifications on LinkedIn. That was a motivation, and we were able to upscale our resources because of this platform.

What is most valuable?

We could schedule events in users' calendars. The Litmos calendar is also available. We can create events, and we can publish events. Automated emails and reminder emails are sent via the Litmos platform.

We could have live sessions via the Litmos platform wherein we could mark the attendance of the resources. We could gauge how many people actually attended the sessions, how many people enlisted, and what was the response. We could also create surveys to gauge the quality of the session or training and whether the trainer was good.

What needs improvement?

They can really improve in the reporting area. While doing sessions, there are various types of reports, such as the attendance report or assessment report. We can export the Excel dump of the report, but it is not that neat and clean. You have to change it a lot. You can customize the Excel dump as per your requirement, but it is not that user-friendly in terms of the admin part. They can do much better. They have room for improvement in the reporting area.

Litmos has its own limitations in terms of migration. They do not allow you to use your own designed automation for migration. They have some limitations there. If you are not migrating your content and you are starting something from scratch, then it is amazing, and it is a perfect platform, but if you are migrating from one platform to Litmos, it can get a bit complicated.

I have worked with this solution for two years. I have first-hand experience with it. I have completed the expertise level of it, which is the Black Belt.

I believe it is scalable. We had around 8,000 users, and it was being used extensively. Litmos was our only LMS platform, and it was used organization-wide. You cannot use multiple LMS platforms in one organization.

I had to connect with them once or twice. I would rate their support a three out of five because I feel the most efficient customer support is where you can just take your cell phone, call them, and get it done, but that was not the case till the time I was in the organization. We always had to communicate over email. It is not easy to go through all your doubts over email. If you can get on a call with customer support, it is always better.

Initially, our organization had an inbuilt LMS platform, but we wanted to migrate our learning system to a more advanced platform. We didn't have that many advanced functionalities inbuilt into our platform, such as getting automatically certified or going for more interactive sessions or training. It was much more technical. It was not a very user-friendly platform.

I was the one who explored this platform and explained it to the knowledge management heads. I gave them a demo of the platform because I really liked it. I was also involved in the decision-making process of whether to go ahead with this platform or not. So, I was there from the initial stage.

The deployment was complex. The reason was that we had a huge amount of content to migrate to Litmos. We were not able to migrate it on an automated basis. We had to do most of the migration jobs manually, such as uploading the content of the training and uploading the tests. If we were using automation, we had to do a recheck. Litmos has its own limitations in terms of migration.

We implemented it in-house. If you are migrating a huge amount of data with automation, workflows, or coding, you have to contact the customer service or Litmos admin team because it is a bit complicated process. You have to wait for them to revert at times. They do revert to you on time, but it still makes the process a bit complicated.

We explored different LMS platforms so that we can migrate from our internal LMS platform to a more advanced LMS platform. We started exploring various options. Litmos was one of the options that we explored, and I was the one who explored it completely. I also introduced it to my knowledge management team, and they were interested in it. They liked it, and then they finalized the platform.

What other advice do I have?

My organization was mostly seeking training, gauging the knowledge level of the resources, and upgrading the knowledge and the skills of the resources. For that, it is a perfect platform, but if you want knowledge capture and knowledge management of your organization, which involves storing the data, it is not the right platform. It is specifically for upgrading the skills of your resources.

If your organization is planning to build a training plan from scratch for the whole organization, Litmos is the platform for you, but if you are thinking of migrating, you can give a second thought to the platform.

They have this mechanism wherein you can complete the certification of Litmos before getting the license. So, you can completely explore the platform before purchasing the license. In my opinion, at least 10 people should get Black Belt Litmos certified so that they get to know the platform in and out. It will also help you to identify the limitations of the platform and whether it is going to fulfill the purpose of your organization.

I would rate it an eight out of ten because it is quite user-friendly. Its UI/UX is really amazing. I'm deducting two points because of the complications of migration and reporting. In fact, our in-house LMS platform had better reporting than Litmos.

Senior Manager II, Learning operations and multi media at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
    Its pricing is competitive, but the auto-assign feature that is most valuable for us hasn't been working for the last year and a half
    • "Its pricing is good, and its performance is good when it works."
    • "The auto-assign feature that auto assigns courses to learners and puts them into a different learning path has had a bug for the last year and a half. My team has spent numerous hours trying to troubleshoot and fix that, but it's still broken. Until they fix that, it's going to be a higher admin burden for people to manage."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for new hire training, continuing education training, and just-in-time training. We also use it for all our training recording needs.

How has it helped my organization?

We haven't seen benefits from using the solution. I'm not a huge proponent of this vendor.

What is most valuable?

The feature that is most valuable is the auto-assign feature that helps us to do auto enrollments, but it hasn't been working for the last year and a half.

Its pricing is good, and its performance is good when it works.

What needs improvement?

First of all, their issue resolution is really bad. They don't resolve issues, and if they do resolve them, it takes them months to do it. Your tickets are often closed before the issue is truly fixed.

I have been using this solution for almost two years.

Its performance is stable when it's running or working, but when there's an issue, it takes over a year to get it resolved.

If they can fix this issue that they have with auto-assign, they have a really good solution, but without that working, they will continue to have problems.

It's scalable as long as you have HCM data. We vary from 7,000 users up to 25,000 users, and customer service agents are primarily taking it.

It's a great solution for people in the small and medium business realm. It could be a great enterprise solution if they fix the issues that they have with auto-assign.

Their issue resolution is really bad. I would rate them a 3 out of 10. They have opportunities with their support mechanisms. They have opportunities with getting features, such as auto-assign, that any LMS should have resolved and fixed. They have some opportunities, but they've changed owners twice since I've been in contact with them. They switched over to SAP from a different segment, and now, they're changing owners again into a third company. Maybe this new group can help them manage their platform correctly because what they were doing previously wasn't working.

Negative

We were using Axonify, and it was garbage. It was not a good LMS.

We have a complex implementation because we have an outsourced population of over 50% of our user base. So, we have a lot of challenges. We have no HCM for user data. We have to create our own custom metadata to manage everything, and there are lots of logistical challenges in terms of implementation.

If you have to go through and create a custom metadata system, as we did, and stand up all these other systems, it would take three to six months. If you have a human capital management system that's ready to go and you have all your data in the right segments and whatnot, it could be done in one to three months.

In terms of maintenance, we recently re-scoped this to where we have one person that oversees the LMS as a whole, and then we have two administrators that carry out the tactical task, such as auto enrollments, user creations, and all other audit components. We also have a rotational employee that does audits on the LMS to make sure everything is working correctly.

We haven't measured that yet.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you have a source of data. You need to have a human capital demand system or something to manage your user base. Otherwise, it has a very high LOE. When you have to manage a 20-point metadata system that's not connected to any other system, it becomes a very high level of effort. So, make sure that you get your integrations in and make sure that you get that set up first. I would also advise validating the assigned test roles to make sure it's functional.

I would rate it a 6 out of 10. They have the potential to be a 10, but they need some clear product guidance, and they need to fix some of the technical challenges that they've had.

Bhuwan Ghosh - PeerSpot reviewer
    SAP SuccessFactors Consultant at NTT DATA Business Solutions Qatar
    Flexible, learning platform, and requires little to no maintenance
    • "It incorporates the majority of the elements."
    • "The rules are not very flexible in terms of administration. They have a predefined system with three standard rules that cannot be customized, modified, added, or removed."

What is our primary use case?

SAP Litmos is more of an LSO. We had been using LMS as an LSO. It simplifies trend creation as well as some LMS activities, such as administrative tasks, and things that LMS does not support, such as dashboards, learning data statistics, and integrations with MS Teams, and Zoom.

What is most valuable?

It incorporates the majority of the elements.

When compared with LMS, it is easier to learn, and there is no maintenance required.

It's user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The rules are not very flexible in terms of administration. They have a predefined system with three standard rules that cannot be customized, modified, added, or removed. As a result, we must deal with it. It would have been ideal if the administrative rules had been more flexible.

Aside from the three standard rules, it should also allow for the creation of custom rules.

Having an initial promotion or any type of promotion, integrated with the SuccessFactors LMS itself.

It would be helpful to have an SAP Litmos demo version integrated for those customers who use SuccessFactors LMS for a month or two and based on their experience, they may purchase.

Both have demo versions available, but SAP Litmos and SuccessFactors are very independent. Having integration between the two would be beneficial.

A demo version with some integrations would be useful while keeping Litmos and LMS independent.

I was working on a demo version as an end-user. I used it in December 2021.

At the time, I was working with the latest version.

It is highly scalable. Depending on the population, it can easily manage a population of five to 10,000 users. Beyond the first 50,000 users, this may need to be checked. I believe it was a very robust experience.

I have not contacted technical support. However, the standard support is excellent. Given that Litmos is an add-on, it must be slightly better than the standard ones, in my opinion.

I am currently working with LMS.

This Litmos had a significant advantage over other LMSs in this regard. It hardly took a day to explore the system from an administrative standpoint, as well as the integrations. It wasn't overly complicated, and it can be configured for a mid-sized organization in two to three days.

It took about seven to eight hours just to explore the settings and become acquainted with the system, not much more than that.

It does not require any maintenance. It's a simple plug-and-play implementation.

Once that's done, we'll have two or three hours with the admins. The administrators can manage the assignments as well as create the content for exams, and quizzes. There isn't much to offer in terms of assistance.

The deployment was completed in-house.

If the pricing can be subsidized a little more, that would be great.

I would rate the pricing a three out of five.

There is pricing available in two plans. It is priced per user license. Whatever the user count is, if it falls between 100 and 500, or 500 and 2000, they have a budget pricing category for each of those categories.

What other advice do I have?

It's a viable option because LMS would entail a significant amount of support and maintenance, while this solution could be completed and understood in a week, with very little maintenance required.

Any integration can simply be plugged in and played. It can be branded according to the company, customized extensively, and supports extensive customization. It's a good solution. It is, in my opinion, a viable solution for the future. That is an LSO. Unless the data is highly validated or in a highly regulated environment, SAP provides a very flexible type of learning platform.

I would rate SAP Litmos a nine out of ten.

Jevgeni Vassiljev - PeerSpot reviewer
    SAP SuccessFactors HXM at Prominion
    Leaderboard
    Nicely structured enabling content creation within a system
    • "Content Author removes the need for a third-party solution for content creation."
    • "Lacks a variety of language options."

What is our primary use case?

We use it as a common learning management system for our requirements including content learning, courses, and some learning paths. We also use it for mandatory study content for all our employees. Finally, we occasionally use it as an onboarding model. Our company is based in Estonia and we are partners with SAP.

What is most valuable?

As a user and administrator, I think Content Author is valuable because it removes the need for a third-party solution to create content in the best way possible. It's nicely structured and allows you to create content within a system. Another very useful feature is gamification which deals with all functionalities related to rates and board leaders and keeps people engaged and competitive. The product doesn't require a lot of manpower.

What needs improvement?

The solution lacks a variety of language options. Even though most people here speak English, the solution would be more user-friendly and more attractive to customers if there were additional language options.

I've been using this solution for 18 months.

We haven't had any issues regarding the stability of the system. There may be some small things, but they are mostly regarding customized functionality.

I don't see any issues with scalability but we are a relatively small company with only 20 end users.

I've had to contact the support team several times. Some of our issues were not answered because, as I understand the way things work, SAP collectts queries and if they receive several similar queries, they transfer the issue to the development team. We still don't have solutions for some of our problems.

Neutral

Compared to other learning management models such as SuccessFactors, deployment of Litmos is very easy and takes a maximum of one week, and often as little as a day or two. A huge benefit is that the product comes with off-the-shelf content so there's a lot of information provided. For an English-speaking organization it's worth getting the content along with the system.

Deployment time really depends on the functionality required. There's a difference if you're looking for a simple password username access or require some kind of integration. For basic functionality like team structure and aligning the content with certain teams and team members, implementation takes about a week. If customization is required, it will take longer.

There is a negotiation process around licensing but the starting point is approximately five euros per license, per month. The more licenses you have, the cheaper it becomes. The cost is reasonable even though the English content is not relevant to us. But if you're talking about functionality options for creating content, then the cost is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

We were recently informed that SAP has sold Litmos and that will go into effect in December 2022. It has created some uncertainty as we don't know what to expect in terms of services that the company will continue to provide or changes that might occur. That aside, the functionality is fine and there are no problems.

There are insufficient options that would make this solution more user-friendly so I rate it eight out of 10.

Julie Banasiak - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical Trainer at 1E
    Leaderboard
    LMS used successfully to scale learning in a remote context and offer multiple courses
    • "This is a very scalable solution. We had over 10,000 students in our instance and their billing model makes scaling affordable to do."
    • "The reporting in Litmos could be improved. It is difficult to pull accurate reporting based on how the solution is set up and parameters are selected."

What is our primary use case?

We have previously run two-day live instructor-led sessions in person. We decided to modernize and scale our training and we chose Litmos to do this.

We have 15 software products that we produce and we create multiple courses that are role-based and were hosted on Litmos. We have large consulting firms that sell our products to their customers. We also have a cyber security awareness training program for internal resources.

What needs improvement?

Our students have also found it difficult to navigate the platform. We had to implement Pendo to give them a tour on how to use the platform because it wasn't intuitive enough and caused confusion for our students.

We used Litmos alongside Salesforce and needed a sandbox for Litmos when upgrading Salesforce. This is not available when using Litmos and we had to purchase this separately.

The content creator tool within Litmos allows you to create content within the system, but I never could get any interactions to work.

This is a stable solution. We only experienced one outage in three years. This outage was due to a Salesforce upgrade that broke our connector to Salesforce.

This is a very scalable solution. We had over 10,000 students in our instance and their billing model makes scaling affordable to do.

Their support structure was really decent. We would open a support case and would get an answer fairly quickly, even though we're on different time zones.

Positive

The initial setup was straightforward with assistance from a vendor. The Litmos integration with Salesforce was difficult and involved multiple support calls with Salesforce.

We used a vendor team to implement this solution. With their assistance, the implementation was made simpler.

We decided to modernize and scale our training and we chose Litmos to do this. We evaluated about 15 different platforms at that time. Last year, before our renewal time, we evaluated about 20 new products, and we decided to move from Litmos to Tovuti.

The Tovuti interface is a lot more modern and easier to brand. It is also a lot more intuitive for the students to use and navigate. Tovuti is more competitive from a pricing point of view and has conferencing built in (versus having to also pay for Zoom when using SAP Litmos).

What other advice do I have?

After using this solution for four years, and raising our challenges around functionality, we did not see any improvements. With many more options on the market for LMS solutions, we decided to move away from Limos.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.