Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Redgate SQL Toolbelt OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Redgate SQL Toolbelt is #7 ranked solution in top Database Development and Management tools. PeerSpot users give Redgate SQL Toolbelt an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Redgate SQL Toolbelt is most commonly compared to IDERA SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server: Redgate SQL Toolbelt vs IDERA SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server. Redgate SQL Toolbelt is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 64% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 15% of all views.

Download the Database Development and Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Redgate SQL Toolbelt?

Redgate's SQL Toolbelt contains the industry-standard products for SQL Server development, deployment, backup, and monitoring. Together, they make you productive, your team agile, and your data safe.

Thousands of SQL Server professionals rely on the SQL Toolbelt every day, because it’s reliable, easy to use, and plugs in to the tools they already use for application development.

Redgate SQL Toolbelt Customers

Thinger.fi, Churchill College Univeristy of Cambridge, Margin Business Solutions Ltd., 4Penny.net, Sportinginsider.net, Lockheed Martin, Phillip Securities Pte Ltd, Nmbrs

Redgate SQL Toolbelt Video

Redgate SQL Toolbelt Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Redgate SQL Toolbelt pricing:
  • "The cost is about $3,500 USD per individual to buy, and then it's about 20% per year for renewal."
  • "Our fees are paid on an annual basis."
  • Redgate SQL Toolbelt Reviews

ChristopherSmith1 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Director, Enterprise Data Management at Glatfelter Insurance Group
    SQL Search and change automation functionality help us manage our code repository and databases
    • "The most valuable feature is SQL Search."
    • "The biggest problem with the Redgate SQL Toolbelt is just how heavy it is; it seems to take a lot of resources."

What is our primary use case?

We use Redgate primarily on SQL server, within SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).

We use it for the code repository and management. We use it for SQL Compare, to compare two databases and find the differences. We use it for finding things. That's where the SQL Prompt comes in, SQL Search.

We use most of the tools that are provided by this product.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is SQL Search.

We also make extensive use of Change Automation, which we've been using for managing our DDL code.

What needs improvement?

The biggest problem with the Redgate SQL Toolbelt is just how heavy it is; it seems to take a lot of resources. It takes a lot of memory and a lot of processing power to run, and that tends to slow things down a bit. Making it a little more lightweight while still doing the same thing, as much as possible, is what we would like to see in the future.

I've noticed that Microsoft SSMS runs much quicker without RedGate installed than it does with it installed. From bootup of the app to opening query windows and connections, SSMS is quicker without Redgate than with, by a significant margin. The other area for improvement is regarding licensing. Every month or two my SSMS loses it's redgate license key and I need to re-enter the key to continue using Red Gate, even though the license is annual.

We have been using Redgate for between one a two years.

Database Development and Management
    September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Redgate, IDERA, DBmaestro and others in Database Development and Management. Updated: September 2022.
    632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This product is pretty much stable.

I think it's fairly scalable. I'm not sure because it's an individual workstation tool, but it doesn't matter how many people have because it just installs on their machine.

I haven't had to deal with technical support, which is good.

Before Redgate, we didn't really use a tool of that nature.

We implemented it because they're an industry leader. We were familiar with them from trade shows where we got to meet them and speak with them. At that point, we felt that it was a good fit.

The initial setup is straightforward.

In-house

What other advice do I have?

I've had really good luck with this product and I've been happy with it. In summary, I think that it's a really good tool and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Sr Dot Net Developer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Good support, simple installation, and useful features, but stability could be improved
    • "It is easy to track the reports, this is what is most valuable for me."
    • "I would like to see the bandwidth increase allowing me to easily analyze more data."

What is our primary use case?

Redgate SQL Toolbelt is being used to analyze our database architecture.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to track the reports, this is what is most valuable for me.

When compared to other tools, the features are valuable in that it is easy to trace the data using the easy analysis document data.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the bandwidth increase allowing me to easily analyze more data. We would like to be able to process more than two GB at a time.

We used Redgate SQL Toolbelt in our organization for a project within the last 12 months, but we haven't used it in three or four months.

We used the latest version.

Redgate SQL Toolbelt is a reliable solution, but it occasionally hangs when I generate a report with more than two gigabytes of data.

Redgate SQL Toolbelt is a scalable product.

Currently, only about three people in our organization use this solution.

The technical support is good. When you find an issue, you contact technical support, and it is resolved.

IDERA SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server has been partially implemented. We only use a subset of the products it provides.

This SQL Server is used in combination with our Oracle Database, for data analysis.

When it comes to installing this solution, there are no complications. The initial configuration is simple.

Our fees are paid on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others because it is useful.

I would rate Redgate SQL Toolbelt a seven out of ten.

Download our free Database Development and Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Redgate, IDERA, DBmaestro, and more!
    Updated: September 2022