Radware AppWall OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Radware AppWall is the #22 ranked solution in top Web Application Firewalls. PeerSpot users give Radware AppWall an average rating of 6.6 out of 10. Radware AppWall is most commonly compared to F5 Advanced WAF: Radware AppWall vs F5 Advanced WAF. Radware AppWall is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 59% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the Web Application Firewall (WAF) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Radware AppWall?

AppWall is a WAF that ensures fast, reliable and secure delivery of mission-critical web applications and APIs regardless of the environment they’re deployed (private or public). AppWall is an NSS recommended, ICSA Labs certified and PCI compliant WAF that combines positive and negative security models to provide complete protection against web application attacks, access violations, attacks disguised behind CDNs, API manipulations, advanced HTTP-based assaults, brute force attacks on login pages, and more.

Radware AppWall Customers

Accuview.com, Ace, ADP, BuyPass, Computershare, DTCC, Firehost, Garanti, HP, Konami, Mohawk, SeatPG, Telenet

Radware AppWall Video

Archived Radware AppWall Reviews (more than two years old)

SecOps at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Has good self-service features but they're not mature as an API solution
  • "I like the concept of self-service, that I can do everything on my own."

What is most valuable?

I like the concept of self-service in which I can do everything on my own.

They are very competitive with the price. Their solution could be successful in other organizations but they're not mature as an API solution. It has a nice dashboard, you can watch clean traffic coming to the end service but the reporting requires more improvement.

What needs improvement?

With self-service, we can use a lot of the features on our own but some of the features didn't work and nothing was done about it. We stopped using it because the application failed. We tried to improve some processes but we still got a lot of false positives. We tried to work with the vendor to fix it but it didn't work out.

False positives are a big issue for all of the WAF vendors. No one is 100% okay, it requires a lot of monitoring and fine-tuning. But the reason that I didn't work is because some of the services didn't work as I expected and they didn't fix it. They didn't give me answers to some of the issues that we raised again. So we weren't so happy. So we decided to look at other vendors that would please our stockholders but Coronavirus postponed our plans.

I have worked in this industry for a long time and I think there are benefits of using a WAF. It requires a lot of understanding of the product.

I had been using Radware for three years until this April. This product was running before I arrived at my company. I was the owner of it for the last year and I wasn't happy with the results.

We had one incident that we discovered some stability in some regions in which their service wasn't responsive and we have to notify them. Compared to other vendors, they are not at the top in API.

Web Application Firewall (WAF)
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Radware, Imperva, F5 and others in Web Application Firewall (WAF). Updated: November 2022.
    656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We don't have any problems with scalability, because they're a worldwide solution. They can populate your service all over the world.

I believe Akamai has a big network because they also working with CDN. So they know how to handle huge traffic.

We get good responses from them but not all of the responses solved the issue. I also tried to work with the customer success manager, but eventually, this failed because there was a long history of false positives before I arrived. The stakeholder wasn't so happy with the solution. We had a bad history with and nothing got resolved with the support, so we made a decision not to continue with them.

Radware is good, but if there is a full preparation from the beginning. I worked with the on-prem solution and it was good. But now, there are many players in the market. And I think they have a faster response. They are not the only player in the market. Once you are not happy with one, you can move to another.

Their support could improve.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

In the next release, they should offer the ability to illustrate KPIs using a graph. Radware needs to have visibility on the dashboard to demonstrate the benefit of using the application firewall like, how much bandwidth you saved by using the AppWall. I tried to use the graph, but sometimes it wasn't so clear. I think they have to work a lot on reporting and visibility because it's the fastest way to show the value for other people that are not graph experts.

Samir Shah - PeerSpot reviewer
    CEO at Infinity Access Technologies Pvt Ltd
    Easy to use, easy to configure, and the hardware is robust
    • "Security is one of the most valuable features that I like. It is easy to use and easy to configure."
    • "Support is very important because if we get good support, we'll be able to sell and supply more numbers."

What is most valuable?

Security is one of the most valuable features that I like. It is easy to use and easy to configure. The hardware is robust.

What needs improvement?

Sophos and Cisco they have very good support, that's why they're able to sell large numbers as compared to Radware.

We have been using AppWall for the last five to six years.

It is stable.

We haven't tried to scale up yet.

To some extent, we are satisfied with the technical support but it can be better- it can be much better.

The initial setup is easy, it's not difficult. It can take a few hours.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Radware. It is a stable product.

We are looking for SMB solutions that are cheaper and more economical. We could acquire a smaller number of clients that way. So SMB products that have good features on the firewall, speed, and security would be important. Radware is a very good company and I think it can easily beat other competitors like Sophos if they have good products in SMB range also. For enterprise, they already have two products.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Web Application Firewall (WAF)
    November 2022
    656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    RaynielBadiola - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical Manager at Secur Links
    Good protection that is stable and scalable
    • "The features that mitigate attacks are very valuable."
    • "The GUI needs to be improved. Right now, the solution isn't so user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

The solution basically protects the web applications of our customers.

What is most valuable?

The features that mitigate attacks are very valuable.

What needs improvement?

The GUI needs to be improved. Right now, the solution isn't so user-friendly.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

The solution's technical support is excellent.

The initial setup is very straightforward. Deployment times vary, but it typically only takes a few hours.

What other advice do I have?

We're a vendor that sells solutions to customers. We're using all the AppWall products of Radware including the AppWall Cloud. Typically we deal with the on-premises and hybrid deployment models. We do testing for our customers and sell the solution, but don't use the solution in our company ourselves.

If customers are looking for a WAF solution, they need to look at the Radware WAF to be able to protect them. Radware also offers a hybrid technology so that users can don on-prem and cloud deployments.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Download our free Web Application Firewall (WAF) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Radware, Imperva, F5, and more!
    Updated: November 2022