IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Oracle Analytics Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Analytics Cloud is #5 ranked solution in top Data Visualization tools and #9 ranked solution in top Business Intelligence Tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Analytics Cloud an average rating of 7.4 out of 10. Oracle Analytics Cloud is most commonly compared to Oracle OBIEE: Oracle Analytics Cloud vs Oracle OBIEE. Oracle Analytics Cloud is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 76% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 42% of all views.

Download the BI (Business Intelligence) Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Oracle Analytics Cloud?

Oracle Analytics Cloud is a business intelligence tool whose platform enables your organization to ask any question of any data on any device and across any environment. The solution is simple and powerful and provides easy access to any data source. It also has a variety of options for intelligent analysis that are straightforward to manage and deploy. In addition, with Oracle Analytics Cloud, augmented analytics, self-service analytics, and governed analytics can be combined into a single solution.

Oracle Analytics Cloud Features

Oracle Analytics Cloud has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Intelligent search
  • Enterprise architecture and security
  • Platform extensibility
  • Smart data connectors

Oracle Analytics Cloud Benefits

There are many benefits to implementing Oracle Analytics Cloud. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:

• Flexible: Oracle Analytics Cloud gives you the flexibility to grow and change as your business does. At the same time, it puts you in complete control of your analytics environment by allowing you to analyze data and accommodate changing demand easily.
  • Scalable: Oracle Analytics Cloud is a single, centralized solution that provides everything you need in a scalable environment to support varied user requirements for your organization right now and in the future as well.
  • Comprehensive analytics: With Oracle Analytics Cloud, existing services are combined with new ones to deliver comprehensive analytics in the cloud. It provides everything you need for analytic agility, from fast, fluid self-service discovery to data loading and blending, inline data prep, data enrichment, automatic visualizations, data storytelling, and more.
  • Cost-effective: The solution is cost-effective and reduces your total cost of ownership (TCO).

Reviews from Real Users

Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by PeerSpot users currently using the Oracle Analytics Cloud solution.

Fabricio Q., Data Analytics Manager, says, “The main functionality is great and everything is pretty standard and easy to use. It's great for consolidation and creating one source of truth. The initial setup is pretty straightforward.”

PeerSpot user, Eric B., Independent Consultant - Oracle BI Applications at Desjardins, mentions “It's really an enterprise solution. It has standard dashboarding functionality. It also has reporting capabilities for producing pixel-perfect reports, bursting large volumes of a document if you need to. It has interactive data discovery functionality, which you would use to explore your data, bring your own data, and merge it with maybe the data from an enterprise data warehouse to get new insights from the pre-existing data. It has machine learning embedded in the solution.”

Gaurav S., Vice President Credit Risk Management at a financial services firm, explains, “From a financial or bank perspective, this product is secure enough. The dashboards, analytics, visualizations, and different reports are valuable for business analytics. The AI/ML enablement is useful, as many reporting tools do not offer machine learning models as of now, without writing customized code.”

Another reviewer, Trinh P., Delivery Manager at Sift Ag, comments, "The specific capability I find important in Oracle Analytics Cloud is that it allows the basic user to easily drag and drop data. I also like that the solution allows the user to decide what to measure and what to see in the reports."

Oracle Analytics Cloud was previously known as Oracle Analytics Cloud Service, OAC, Oracle Data Visualization, Oracle Data Visualization Cloud Service, ODV.

Oracle Analytics Cloud Customers

Sejong Hospital

Oracle Analytics Cloud Video

Archived Oracle Analytics Cloud Reviews (more than two years old)

BenjaminArnulf - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Director BI & Analytics at Hertz Global Holdings, Inc.
Has a fast and friendly interface for data exploration from multiple sources
  • "The best feature may be data flow, which is used to prepare and clean data."
  • "The product should be improved in terms of connectors; right now the top twenty connectors are available, but OneDrive and Teradata are missing."

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle Analytics DV, which is included in Oracle Analytics Cloud, for data exploration over our payables, accounting, revenue, procurement, spend, and locations data.

How has it helped my organization?

Oracle Analytics DV is amazing as it's giving the power to the users without involving IT.

What is most valuable?

The features that we find most valuable are:

• Amazing interface, which is user-friendly and ultra fast.
  • ExplAIn function, which is an AI feature that allows you to create dashboards automatically.
  • The best feature may be data flow, which is used to prepare and clean data.
  • Mobile/NLP allows us to create a quick report without knowing how to use the tool.
  • The fact you can connect to multiple data sources and create a dashboard that is sourced by all of them, in five minutes!

What needs improvement?

The product should be improved in terms of connectors; right now the top twenty connectors are available, but OneDrive and Teradata are missing.

BI (Business Intelligence) Tools
August 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Tableau, Microsoft and others in BI (Business Intelligence) Tools. Updated: August 2022.
619,967 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Less than one year.

We have had no issues with stability, and it has been very stable for almost a year now.

The scalability is amazing. It is very easy to scale up and down. You can use a script to scale down or turn off during the week's end, and scale up during the month's end financial close.

Prior to the current solution, we used OBIEE, and we wanted to have the newer version.

Do not plan to use a lot of OCPUs (Oracle Compute Units), as the platform is really fast. If you have two thousand users, you can use eight OCPU or even four OCPU. It's enough!

Bottom line, the cost is really, really cheap compared to other solutions. Oracle has made a huge effort on the pricing.

We evaluated and considered using Cognos, Tableau, and Qlik. However, we needed a self-service BI and data exploration platform. Security was also the first consideration.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle Analytics DV is not just a data visualization tool like Tableau or Power BI, but an entire data platform. Users can connect to multiple data sources including Snowflake, Oracle, and Redshift, and they can perform data preparation with complex formulas. They can create an Essbase cube in a click, replicate tables, store millions of lines in memory, analyze data using AI with the ExplAIn function, and create machine learning models.

BenjaminArnulf - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Director BI & Analytics at Hertz Global Holdings, Inc.
Enables us to deliver faster analytics and to have a self-secured, self-tuning, self-maintained platform
  • "Data preparation is fantastic and fast. We were able to use multiple data sources and prepare the data quickly."
  • "One area of improvement is associated with more connectors needing to be added such as Microsoft OneDrive, Teradata and a few others. I think the list is limited to the top ones now."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Oracle Analytics is to offer financials, procurement and HR analytics for the global employees as well as data exploration on different data sources.

How has it helped my organization?

Oracle Analytics Cloud allowed us to deliver faster analytics and to have a self-secured, self-tuning, self-maintained platform. The analytics platform is user-friendly and elastic. We can scale up and down quickly in one click. It helped us to run multiple analytics projects at the same time and to complete them in record time. Also, Oracle Analytics Cloud is offering Data Preparation, AI and Machine Learning which is a game changer. Finally, we can connect to multiple data sources easily. We were able to deliver HR analytics self-service in one week.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are:

- Data preparation is fantastic and fast. We were able to use multiple data sources and prepare the data quickly.

- Machine Learning is very easy to use and offer great insights to predict the spends.

- Search using NLP is also a gem it allows for quick data access without building a query.

- The Explain feature is impressive; you can create an entire dashboard in one minute without being a business analyst.

What needs improvement?

Less than one year.

Stable and mature.

Scalability is very fast.

We have had an amazing experience with their technical support. The support is best in class.

We used Tableau Server, Microsoft Power BI, Cognos, Qlik and other tools. We need real analytics and self-service platform, not just a visualization tool. Also, we wanted to keep a solution fully integrated with our Oracle Global ERP so we do not have to manipulate data in another cloud.

The initial setup was straightforward. The implementation was really easy and fast.

We implemented through a vendor. They were expert and it was really easy and successful.

Start with a low number of OCPU as the product is very very fast, you can always scale up in one minute if needed.

We considered using Tableau or Cognos but they didn't have all the functionalities of Oracle Analytics and the cost to add 10,000 users was too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We love it. I would definitely give this product a 10 out of 10.

Download our free BI (Business Intelligence) Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Tableau, Microsoft, and more!
Updated: August 2022