IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Nokia Ethernet Service Switch OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Nokia Ethernet Service Switch is #25 ranked solution in top Ethernet Switches. PeerSpot users give Nokia Ethernet Service Switch an average rating of 8 out of 10. Nokia Ethernet Service Switch is most commonly compared to Cisco Ethernet Switches: Nokia Ethernet Service Switch vs Cisco Ethernet Switches. Nokia Ethernet Service Switch is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 35% of all views.

Download the Ethernet Switches Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Nokia Ethernet Service Switch?

The Nokia 7450 Ethernet Service Switch (ESS) family of Carrier Ethernet switch routers is designed to deliver advanced Carrier Ethernet services. It also provides the ideal platform for the metro Ethernet aggregation of fixed and mobile networks.

Nokia Ethernet Service Switch was previously known as Nokia ESS, Nokia 7450 Ethernet Service Switch, Nokia 7450 ESS.

Nokia Ethernet Service Switch Video

Nokia Ethernet Service Switch Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Nokia Ethernet Service Switch pricing:
"The price of the solution is very competitive in comparison with that of the competition."

Nokia Ethernet Service Switch Reviews

Teuku Maiyasya - PeerSpot reviewer
CTO at PT Bali Towerindo Sentra, Tbk
A stable solution which is competitively priced and offers good support
  • "On several occasions we encountered major issues with the solution and have found the Nokia technical support to be quite supportive."
  • "I would prefer that all the licenses be open for our use."

What is our primary use case?

We are using 7210 Service Access Switch, also 7360 ISAM FX-4 and it's small box 7362 ISAM DF-16.

How has it helped my organization?

7210 SAS help transformed our legacy network to an MPLS based services and improved the network performance and availability. 7360 ISAM help us deliver fiber network to end user more effectively.

What is most valuable?

As I have yet to use different OLTs I find it difficult to make a comparison of the features I find most valuable.

What needs improvement?

We would like to have an unified monitoring system, while Nokia have different monitoring system for different product, we find it to be quite troublesome.I also would prefer that all the licenses be open for our use. This would obviate the need to purchase individual licenses for each feature.
Ethernet Switches
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Nokia, Cisco, Huawei and others in Ethernet Switches. Updated: June 2022.
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using the Nokia Ethernet Service Switch product for around five years.

Overall, the solution is quite stable so far. I would only state that we have encountered certain issues with it, although these can likely be ascribed to high temperature in an outdoor cabinet.

Distribution involves around 200 SAS & OLT. This means that we do not put the OLT in a centralized location but distribute them near our customers.

The price of the solution is very competitive in comparison with that of the competition.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is a good product from a well established brand. While I am not in a position to compare it to Huawei or ZTE, as I have not made use of these products, I do know that its price is very competitive. I rate Nokia Ethernet Service Switch as an eight out of ten.
OSS Automation and Orchestration Consultant at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good availability but lacks flexibility

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is integration with EMSS.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the product's availability.

What needs improvement?

The segment routing could be improved, and they could also transfer a lot of legacy to the cloud domain.

I've been using this solution for three years.

This solution is not particularly flexible.

The initial setup was not very complex.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution as seven out of ten.

Download our free Ethernet Switches Report and find out what your peers are saying about Nokia, Cisco, Huawei, and more!
Updated: June 2022