IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer is #24 ranked solution in Log Management Software and #28 ranked solution in top Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools. PeerSpot users give ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer an average rating of 8 out of 10. ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer is most commonly compared to ManageEngine Log360: ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer vs ManageEngine Log360. ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 56% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the Log Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer?

Your organizations IT infrastructure generate huge amount of logs every day and these machine generated logs have vital information that can provide powerful insights and network security intelligence into user behaviors, network anomalies, system downtime, policy violations, internal threats, regulatory compliance, etc. However, the task of analyzing these event logs and syslogs without automated log analyzer tools can be both time-consuming and painful if done manually.

EventLog Analyzer provides the most cost-effective Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) software on the market. Using this Log Analyzer software, organizations can automate the entire process of managing terabytes of machine generated logs by collecting, analyzing, correlating, searching, reporting, and archiving from one central location. This event log analyzer software helps to monitor file integrity, conduct log forensics analysis, monitor privileged users and comply to different compliance regulatory bodies by intelligently analyzing your logs and instantly generating a variety of reports like user activity reports, historical trend reports, and more.

ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer was previously known as EventLog Analyzer.

ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer Customers

Moody National Bank, EnCircle, Goldleaf Financial Solutions, Inc, IBM, Ernst & Young, Micro Linear, Silverbeck-Rymer Solicitors, Provincial Court of British Columbia, Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida, OGILVY & MATHER, E! Entertainment, Tribune-Review Publishing Co.

ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer Video

ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer pricing:
  • "ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer is a low-cost solution. It costs approximately $1,000 per month per server for a perpetual license."
  • "There is a license required for these solutions. The customer can choose the license type, such as an annual license purchase or a perpetual license. If the customer wants maintenance they will have to pay annually."
  • "There is a yearly subscription for the solution."
  • ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer Reviews

Network Administrator at a government with 201-500 employees
    Simple report gathering, responsive support, but customization could be easier
    • "ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer is easy to gather reports to give to management. My supervisor has access to the solution and he enjoys the graphs."
    • "The customization of reports could be a lot easier. It is not difficult but it could be made easier."

What is our primary use case?

I use ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer for notification of server errors. It analyzes all the event logs and I can set up reports to notify me at certain thresholds, such as disk space, or other metrics on the servers. Previously we had two different companies looking at our servers, monitoring our servers. Now we can monitor everything with our own IT team.

How has it helped my organization?

The notifications from ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer have helped us cut back on third-party vendors overseeing our servers.

What is most valuable?

ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer is easy to gather reports to give to management. My supervisor has access to the solution and he enjoys the graphs. You are able to update the solution if you want newer features because they keep adding to it, then you have to download the updates. In my previous job, I've had it up and running for three years without any updates because I liked the way it looked and it did exactly what I wanted.

What needs improvement?

Log Management
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, Splunk, Graylog and others in Log Management. Updated: June 2022.
    607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer for approximately 20 years.

I have ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer on a 2019 server and I haven't had an issue with it at all.

The solution is scalable. I can add more servers and choose to have them be monitored or not, the process is painless. There are two people who have access to the solution and use it. This solution is extensively being used in my organization. As we add new servers I will add the server to the monitor list of ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer.

I had an issue while I was trying to customize a report. I contacted the support and they were very responsive and quick to action, they showed me exactly how to set those custom reports. The support is quick and very good.

I have previously used Zabbix, Microsoft MOM, or system management. ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer was a lower-cost alternative, and it was easier to install and manage. I felt it best suited the use case we had.

The installation is extremely easy. A few mouse clicks and you are ready to go. It merges in with Active Directory and it will search active directory and find your servers. You then can specify which ones you want it to monitor. The time it took for the whole implementation process with configuration was approximately 45 minutes.

I did the implementation myself. I do the management of the solution.

ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer is a low-cost solution. It costs approximately $1,000 per month per server for a perpetual license. If I want to carry support and upgrades after the first year, then I would have to pay for that, but if I don't want the support or upgrades, then there are no additional fees.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is this solution is pretty straightforward. It's a basic product that does what it needs to do. It monitors servers, it is a good product. There are other solutions that are out there, but the total cost of ownership was lower on this ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer than other solutions. Nothing's perfect, especially in server monitoring. We chose this solution because I knew what it did and it does what I want for a lower cost. I do not have to mess around with other solutions wasting time when I know this one works well. I rate ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer a seven out of ten.
    EMRAH AKDEVECİ - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Manager & Software Solutions Technical Manager Vitel A.S. at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
    Reseller
    Knowledgeable technical support, good interface, straightforward installation

What is our primary use case?

ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer is useful for log and alert correlation. It is a full-function SIEM solution.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is very good.

ManageEngine is open to new feature requests and always considers them. Additionally, they have can develop tailor-made fixes for our customers.

I have been using ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer for approximately 17 years.

The solution is stable. However, there are limits. For example, we can do 2,500 Syslog events per second, but if we want to do more we have to install the distributor structure, and then we can expand how many events we can do. They could improve the stability.

We have approximately 1,000 users using this solution.

We have very strong technical support from the headquarters of ManageEngine. They are highly skilled and knowledgeable here in Turkey.

The installation is straightforward but the implementation takes some work.

The time it takes for the implementation depends on the resource count. We have completed it in half a day.

We have one manager, two consultants, one solution architect, and many other technicians that do the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would strongly recommend this solution.

I rate ManageEngine EventLog Analyze a nine out of ten.

Log Management
    June 2022
    607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Network engineer at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
    Installation is fast and straightforward and the technical support is excellent

What is our primary use case?

We employ the latest version.

The solution is used for capturing event logs, such as alerts, for network devices. It directs us to the source.

We use the solution because it is granular.

What needs improvement?

The solution should improve on its log capturing capabilities, the authentication, when a person logs onto a network device.

I have been using ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer for close to five years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

For the moment, our usage is fine. We do have plans to increase it, but not at present.

I have made use of technical support and am certainly very satisfied with them.

In my position at this organization, I am not familiar with the use of any other solutions prior to the current one.

The installation is straightforward.

It did not take long, a maximum of two hours.

There is a yearly subscription for the solution.

What other advice do I have?

There are 150 users making use of the solution.

I would definitely recommend the solution to others.

I rate ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer as an eight out of ten.

Download our free Log Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, Splunk, Graylog, and more!
    Updated: June 2022