IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

ManageEngine Applications Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ManageEngine Applications Manager is #44 ranked solution in APM tools. PeerSpot users give ManageEngine Applications Manager an average rating of 6.0 out of 10. ManageEngine Applications Manager is most commonly compared to Dynatrace: ManageEngine Applications Manager vs Dynatrace. ManageEngine Applications Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is ManageEngine Applications Manager?

ManageEngine Applications Manager is an application performance management (APM) solution that is designed to give users deep insights into both the way that their applications perform and the way that users of those applications experience them. Organizations can use this solution to identify areas where their critical applications are lacking and address them before there are any negative repercussions. ManageEngine Applications Manager is the kind of tool that companies of all sizes can use to keep their applications running in the best way possible.

ManageEngine Applications Manager Benefits

Some of the ways that organizations can benefit by deploying ManageEngine Applications Manager include:

• Gain real-time comprehensive insights. ManageEngine Applications Manager makes it possible for organizations to gain deep insights into every aspect of an application’s performance. This takes place in real time and enables users to take complete control of their application’s management.
  • Keep applications running smoothly. Organizations don’t have to worry about missing issues that will disrupt users’ ability to have a smooth experience. ManageEngine Applications Manager detects any issues and allows administrators to quickly address them before they can become major problems for users.
  • Ease of use. ManageEngine Applications Manager is designed to be intuitive to use so that organizations do not need to formally train employees in its use. This saves time and makes organizations more productive.

ManageEngine Applications Manager Features

Some of the many useful features ManageEngine Applications Manager has to offer include:

• AI-powered threat detection and remediation. ManageEngine Applications Manager leverages AI software to spot issues as they arise and to alert administrators. Additionally, users can use this AI to automate issue remediation, which will allow administrators to focus on other tasks.
  • Advanced analytics. ManageEngine Applications Manager uses various analytics tools to enable users to gain critical insights from their data. These include custom dashboards that allow you to display and interpret data.
  • Real user monitoring. Administrators have access to tools that allow them to monitor users’ application traffic. The tools deliver detailed reports that track various critical pieces of information related to the users and their application user experience.

Reviews from Real Users

ManageEngine Applications Manager is a solution that stands out when it is compared to many of its competitors. It is part of a complete suite of management tools that users can take advantage of. The way that ManageEngine Applications Manager keeps up to date with a regular schedule of software updates enables organizations to manage their applications without worrying that they are missing any important capabilities or features. If any feature is absent, users can integrate the solution with other monitoring solutions. ManageEngine Applications Manager regularly undergoes updates that ensure that users have access to all of the latest features and patches.

Rodrigo T., the CEO of AXIOVISTA spa, writes, “This solution is a part of a complete suite of management tools. So, it can be integrated with other solutions for monitoring networks, which is very important. You can expand it or interconnect it with many other tools, which is a powerful feature.”

Syed A., the enterprise senior account manager of sales at a tech services company, writes, “Our customers appreciate that ManageEngine sends regular updates, upgrading their software several times a year.

ManageEngine Applications Manager was previously known as Applications Manager.

ManageEngine Applications Manager Customers

Certis Europe, Financial Domain, SaaS Office Suite, On Demand TV, Parliament's IT Systems, Sastra Technologies, UniServity

ManageEngine Applications Manager Video

ManageEngine Applications Manager Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ManageEngine Applications Manager pricing:
"Its price is good."

ManageEngine Applications Manager Reviews

Executive-Recruitment at Tech Mahindra Limited
Not well integrated, could be more stable, technical support acknowledges you but does not resolve the issue
  • "We do not have pricing constraints as an organization, because we do have reservations about ManageEngine being functionally scalable."
  • "The problem is that implementation requires a significant amount of mapping effort."

What is our primary use case?

I am a user as well as a functional person who understands the process, suggests flows, and asks ManageEngine some announcement queries. I internally guided the team through the asset module, problem module, incident module, and change module implementations. That is something I did the last year.

What is most valuable?

I used it extensively for a year, and prior to that, I was very comfortable.

What needs improvement?

The main issue with ManageEngine is that it only functions as a record-keeping system, it has never had an IT framework in place.

The necessary flows, KPIs, and SLAs are not easily configurable. It's not an apple-to-apple comparison, but most people are familiar with Remedy, ServiceNow, Azure, or Azure IT ticketing tools, as well as low-code and no-code. The flexibility available versus ManageEngine's system of record is killing rather than helping.

That is the main area of concern.

When ManageEngine releases new or upcoming updates, the usability features or the bare minimum MVP are not taken into account. Some of the fundamentals are seriously lacking in ManageEngine in IT.

None of the solutions meet our expectations. Each solution is half-hearted. Each solution is not well integrated. That is the reality.

The problem is that implementation requires a significant amount of mapping effort. For example, if it is a monitoring system, there should be immediate code operations or immediate server statistics linkage to that server statistics to the thresholds, and the threshold to peak should be too low. The mapping required a significant amount of effort to implement.

In my previous organization, I spent the previous 12 months working with ManageEngine Applications Manager. The implementation of this solution was mandated by my organization.

I used it for one year extensively.

Application Performance Management (APM)
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, Dynatrace, AppDynamics and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: July 2022.
620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.

ManageEngine Applications Manager is not stable at all.

Although I have not attempted to scale it, we can increase the number of users. Scalability is limited in terms of functionality, but it is possible in terms of handling users.

We contacted technical support, but the problem is that they acknowledge it, but they always say that this will be part of our next release, which is a product release, or a version release. As a result, it is fundamentally useless to us until it is incorporated into the next version.

I implemented a couple of ServiceNow implementations as a delivery manager. As a result, their ease of understanding, user-friendliness, and dashboarding provides a very comfortable view and comfortable customer satisfaction.

In ManageEngine, we must perform many more queries. We have to create a chart, but those charts are only available as bar charts or pie charts. Fundamentally there are limitations.

I was fortunate to have worked as both an implementer and a user on both of these ticketing tools.

I don't recall, it's been a long time since I raised invoices, and I don't remember the cost.

If I go with ServiceNow and if I go with ManageEngine, I'm willing to pay more if there is a feature that ServiceNow has. We do not have pricing constraints as an organization, because we do have reservations about ManageEngine being functionally scalable.

What other advice do I have?

They have a business relationship with ManageEngine as well as a partnership.

I would rate ManageEngine Applications Manager a four out of ten.

Rodrigo  Torres - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at AXIOVISTA spa
Flexible deployment, good price, good integration, and good support
  • "Its price and the flexibility to deploy are the most valuable. Flexibility is very important, and you can scale from very basic to more complex. This solution is a part of a complete suite of management tools. So, it can be integrated with other solutions for monitoring networks, which is very important. You can expand it or interconnect it with many other tools, which is a powerful feature. We have a very good and long relationship with ManageEngine support guys. They provide very good support for us."
  • "They can improve the post-processing of the data. AppDynamics has more powerful tools for post-processing or analytics. It has some limitations in more complex environments, but because we are free to use different solutions, we try to find what is best for the customers or the problem we are trying to solve."

What is our primary use case?

We use the ManageEngine suite in many dimensions. We not only use it for application monitoring and troubleshooting; we also do our services through this suite. We manage services in general, and to provide our services, we use the ManageEngine suite. Depending on what a customer needs, we put different modules and applications. Sometimes, the customers buy the solution or software, and sometimes they buy just the services. We put the software as a service.

The main product that we have here is for a banking client, and they have the latest version. Its version, however, varies based on the customer. In general, it is deployed on-premises, and our big customers require it in data centers. We hope to be in the cloud soon.

What is most valuable?

Its price and the flexibility to deploy are the most valuable. Flexibility is very important, and you can scale from very basic to more complex.

This solution is a part of a complete suite of management tools. So, it can be integrated with other solutions for monitoring networks, which is very important. You can expand it or interconnect it with many other tools, which is a powerful feature.

We have a very good and long relationship with ManageEngine support guys. They provide very good support for us.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for around 12 years.

We have a very long relationship with ManageEngine development and support guys in India. We have direct access to them, and they provide good support. I would rate them a nine out of ten. If we have any problem, we work online with them, which is a very advantageous thing. It is impossible to do the same with other solutions like AppDynamics.

Its price is good.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ManageEngine Applications Manager an eight out of ten because there are more powerful tools in the market.

Application Performance Management (APM)
July 2022
620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SYED KAMRAN AHMED - PeerSpot reviewer
Enterprise Senior Account Manager Sales at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Provides good compliance features and we receive software updates several times a year
  • "ITSM is a valuable feature, it complies with the requirements in Pakistan."
  • "Lacks an SIEM solution which can be found in other products."

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers of this solution and I'm the enterprise senior account manager.

What is most valuable?

I'd say that ITSM is a valuable feature, it complies with all the ITSM ITIL features in Pakistan. Our customers appreciate that ManageEngine sends regular updates, upgrading their software several times a year.

What needs improvement?

ManageEngine should come up with a SIEM solution because we have nothing to pitch to our clients in that regard.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable, I have sold it to companies with more than 2,000 users.

Technical support can be problematic. They usually support us from India, but because of compliance requirements, that is not an acceptable support solution in Pakistan. It's a challenge for us.

We also sell SolarWinds which is a better solution but is also much more expensive. They provide better support than ManageEngine, responding to us in an hour or two. We generally offer our clients both ManageEngine and SolarWinds, they are both good products. For an enterprise company, SolarWinds is usually the choice. For small to mid-range organizations, we go with ManageEngine.

The initial setup is very easy. We have limited engineers or IT guys, so we try to train the coordinators to deploy the solution.

This is a subscription-based model and can scale to your requirements. Price is the big issue here in Pakistan and they offer a very good price. We generally get what we ask for and this gives ManageEngine the edge in Pakistan and why other vendors have not been successful here.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution eight out of 10.

Download our free Application Performance Management (APM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, and more!
Updated: July 2022