IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

ManageEngine Applications Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ManageEngine Applications Manager is #20 ranked solution in APM tools. PeerSpot users give ManageEngine Applications Manager an average rating of 8 out of 10. ManageEngine Applications Manager is most commonly compared to Dynatrace: ManageEngine Applications Manager vs Dynatrace. ManageEngine Applications Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 68% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is ManageEngine Applications Manager?

ManageEngine Applications Manager is an enterprise-ready, easy-to-use, affordable application management solution that helps enterprises monitor their mission-critical applications and data centers effectively. It enables you to monitor web applications, web servers, application servers, databases, and systems which are the lifeline of businesses. Its heterogeneous monitoring capability and business centric view helps the IT Team to troubleshoot application performance issues quickly.

ManageEngine Applications Manager was previously known as Applications Manager.

ManageEngine Applications Manager Customers

Certis Europe, Financial Domain, SaaS Office Suite, On Demand TV, Parliament's IT Systems, Sastra Technologies, UniServity

ManageEngine Applications Manager Video

ManageEngine Applications Manager Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ManageEngine Applications Manager pricing:
  • "The licensing costs for ManageEngine Applications Manager are around $1,200 per year. For additional monitors, you have to pay extra."
  • "Its price is good."
  • ManageEngine Applications Manager Reviews

Chandraprakash Velmurugan - PeerSpot reviewer
    Project Leader - Release & Deployment at Solverminds
    Offers a service to monitor each and every specific feature in a server
    • "ManageEngine Applications Manager maintains the historical data and it's easy for us to analyze the trends and patterns and fix them accordingly."
    • "They could probably rearrange the UI so that it would be easy for people who are new to the Application Manager to configure things."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the latest version of ManageEngine Applications Manager. We recently updated it. We are monitoring the performance of the GMR service using the Application Manager. We can collect the JVM parameters and that helps us to analyze the heat memory without even going into the missions or the servers. We can also monitor what other processes are running and check which one is occupying more memory. And we can also set the alarms, automatic alarms like email alerts, if something crosses a threshold. We monitor 1200 users and 25 servers with the Applications Manager.

How has it helped my organization?

Whenever there is an issue, the DevOps team in my organization would have to log into the server, analyze the parameter, and attempt to get the historical data. But, it was difficult.ManageEngine Applications Manager maintains the historical data and it's easy for us to analyze the trends and patterns and fix them accordingly. So it makes our job easier. The time we spend on analyzing the issue has come down drastically.

What is most valuable?

I know that it has more than 30 monitoring features for particular services. I can monitor individual GMOs. I can monitor my own individually. Applications Manager has a service to monitor each and every specific feature in a server. These features are not available in other tools. With other monitoring tools, it will monitor the entire server, but not the applications that are running in it. Applications Manager specializes in monitoring the applications also along with several other parameters. That is why we use Applications Manager.

What needs improvement?

I would say that the implementation of ManageEngine Applications Manager is too detailed. You need some training to effectually use it. For a new person who is using it, he will find the features are all a bit overwhelming. I would suggest that improvement for this product would be to make it easier to use. They could probably rearrange the UI so that it would be easy for people who are new to the Application Manager to configure things.
    Application Performance Management (APM)
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, Dynatrace, AppDynamics and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: June 2022.
    607,332 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have been using ManageEngine Applications Manager for almost a year now.

The product stability is good. We haven't had any issues.

There is an option for scalability but we haven't tried using it yet. So right now, we are managing only 25 servers and this single machine is capable of doing it. And there are options to add more than a thousand monitors, but we haven't required it. So, I'm not able to comment on that.

We opened a technical support ticket we used on the initial setup date and the response was very quick. They have very good technical support. For example, we couldn't connect one of the missions in Azure cloud and we raised a ticket with them. They asked us to send us some details from the machine. They helped us out by giving us the link to configure the Azure missions.

We used an Android open-source solution for some time. But, it didn't have the deeper analysis that Applications Manager has.

The initial setup of ManageEngine Applications Manager is straightforward. However, there are many details. The deployment takes less than two hours. It's a single server deployment and we have a backup configuration. So if there is some issue we can get the other server up in another machine and restore the configuration. It only required one person to deploy.

We did the implementation in-house. We had a lot of frustration and there is a dedicated support team that we could inquire about a specific problem. We opened a technical support ticket we used to write on the initial date if we don't start somewhere and the response is quite quick.

The licensing costs for ManageEngine Applications Manager are around $1,200 per year. For additional monitors, you have to pay extra.

We tried Dynatrace for monitoring, but the solution was quite costly compared to ManageEngine's Application Manager. But from a purely business point of view, Dynatrace is also a good tool and we found both satisfies our requirements.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ManageEngine Applications Manager a nine out of ten.

Rodrigo  Torres - PeerSpot reviewer
    CEO at AXIOVISTA spa
    Flexible deployment, good price, good integration, and good support
    • "Its price and the flexibility to deploy are the most valuable. Flexibility is very important, and you can scale from very basic to more complex. This solution is a part of a complete suite of management tools. So, it can be integrated with other solutions for monitoring networks, which is very important. You can expand it or interconnect it with many other tools, which is a powerful feature. We have a very good and long relationship with ManageEngine support guys. They provide very good support for us."
    • "They can improve the post-processing of the data. AppDynamics has more powerful tools for post-processing or analytics. It has some limitations in more complex environments, but because we are free to use different solutions, we try to find what is best for the customers or the problem we are trying to solve."

What is our primary use case?

We use the ManageEngine suite in many dimensions. We not only use it for application monitoring and troubleshooting; we also do our services through this suite. We manage services in general, and to provide our services, we use the ManageEngine suite. Depending on what a customer needs, we put different modules and applications. Sometimes, the customers buy the solution or software, and sometimes they buy just the services. We put the software as a service.

The main product that we have here is for a banking client, and they have the latest version. Its version, however, varies based on the customer. In general, it is deployed on-premises, and our big customers require it in data centers. We hope to be in the cloud soon.

What is most valuable?

Its price and the flexibility to deploy are the most valuable. Flexibility is very important, and you can scale from very basic to more complex.

This solution is a part of a complete suite of management tools. So, it can be integrated with other solutions for monitoring networks, which is very important. You can expand it or interconnect it with many other tools, which is a powerful feature.

We have a very good and long relationship with ManageEngine support guys. They provide very good support for us.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for around 12 years.

We have a very long relationship with ManageEngine development and support guys in India. We have direct access to them, and they provide good support. I would rate them a nine out of ten. If we have any problem, we work online with them, which is a very advantageous thing. It is impossible to do the same with other solutions like AppDynamics.

Its price is good.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ManageEngine Applications Manager an eight out of ten because there are more powerful tools in the market.

Application Performance Management (APM)
    June 2022
    607,332 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    SYED KAMRAN AHMED - PeerSpot reviewer
    Enterprise Senior Account Manager Sales at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Reseller
    Provides good compliance features and we receive software updates several times a year
    • "ITSM is a valuable feature, it complies with the requirements in Pakistan."
    • "Lacks an SIEM solution which can be found in other products."

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers of this solution and I'm the enterprise senior account manager.

What is most valuable?

I'd say that ITSM is a valuable feature, it complies with all the ITSM ITIL features in Pakistan. Our customers appreciate that ManageEngine sends regular updates, upgrading their software several times a year.

What needs improvement?

ManageEngine should come up with a SIEM solution because we have nothing to pitch to our clients in that regard.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable, I have sold it to companies with more than 2,000 users.

Technical support can be problematic. They usually support us from India, but because of compliance requirements, that is not an acceptable support solution in Pakistan. It's a challenge for us.

We also sell SolarWinds which is a better solution but is also much more expensive. They provide better support than ManageEngine, responding to us in an hour or two. We generally offer our clients both ManageEngine and SolarWinds, they are both good products. For an enterprise company, SolarWinds is usually the choice. For small to mid-range organizations, we go with ManageEngine.

The initial setup is very easy. We have limited engineers or IT guys, so we try to train the coordinators to deploy the solution.

This is a subscription-based model and can scale to your requirements. Price is the big issue here in Pakistan and they offer a very good price. We generally get what we ask for and this gives ManageEngine the edge in Pakistan and why other vendors have not been successful here.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution eight out of 10.

Download our free Application Performance Management (APM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, and more!
    Updated: June 2022