IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

LiveChat OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is LiveChat?

Premium live chat software with help desk features.

Used by businesses to provide amazing customer service, increase online conversion and improve sales results.

LiveChat is a quality customer service software for companies striving to constantly improve their customer experience.

Easy to implement, easy to pick up from day 1 by customer service agents, easy to use by customers on your website.

Give it a try at https://www.livechatinc.com

LiveChat was previously known as chat.io.

Download the Help Desk Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

LiveChat Customers

Our product is used by over 29,000 companies in 140 countries worldwide. List of our customers includes brands such as:

ASUS, Samsung, ING, Roku, LG Electronics, Better Business Bureau, Kaspersky Lab, Daimler, Air Asia, Tele2, Adobe, Orange, Zalora, HarveyNorman, Bombardier and many more.

LiveChat Video

Archived LiveChat Reviews (more than two years old)

Chamakhe Maurieni - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at a logistics company with 1-10 employees
Allows us to save automated answers to the most popular customer queries

What is our primary use case?

We use LiveChat to engage live with web visitors to our platform, monitor their behaviour while on the platform, and respond to their queries whenever they have questions to ask.

How has it helped my organization?

In the past, we used help desk programs which did not do much to increase our sales funnel. All that changed with LiveChat. We are able to create a knowledge base, create tickets, and allow agents to collaborate on creating tickets, thereby improving the correspondence time and the quality of feedback that we provide to customers.

What is most valuable?

I majorly love the ticket and knowledge base features, which allow us to save automated answers to the most popular customer queries. This has improved customer/helpdesk response times.

What needs improvement?

The service needs to be more popular than it currently is. I have seen SMEs use helpdesk programs which are not up to par. I will assume they do this as they are not aware of the power of LiveChat.
Help Desk Software
May 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about LiveChat, TOPdesk, Zendesk and others in Help Desk Software. Updated: May 2022.
597,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Less than one year.

No, we did not. It was a smooth process.

Great guys. There was a time we had issues with our credit card, and they extended our subscription by three weeks for free.

No, we did not.

Very straightforward. We simply got mailed a setup code to paste on our website HTML code.

We have an in-house team.

One year.

I will advice potential users to do a free trial at first and see how much LiveChat works for them.

We did not. LiveChat was suggested by a friend.
Director of Global Support at a hospitality company with 51-200 employees
As a manager I use all features, but reporting and setting are my personal favorites because they're easy to use and provide data that helps you with the right decision.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

Since we started to use LC we managed to increase out customer satisfaction level, increase sales and most important thing to speed up our interaction with our customers because it's all "in real time".

What needs improvement?

I have sent my feedback to their development team. I asked them for more filtering options for reporting and Agent profile permissions. This was because I wanted more options while creating agents profile, skill levels etc. They've added these into a beta version which I'm currently testing.

Since 2012.

We didn't encounter any issues with deployment, everything went rather smooth and I have to say pretty fast without taking too many hours of our IT team.

None. This app is stabile, not causing any problems on our website. running smoothly. I don't recall we ever had any problems.

None. We didn't encounter any issues with scalability, we have more and more chats, tickets, rates, signups but it all works perfectly.

They really try hard to help you ASAP, from my personal experience they are fast, reliable and customer friendly, always trying to find solution for you.

Excellent, I did needed their advice few times and I must say they were always there and managed to resolve my request.

No, this was the first application we tried and decided we don't change anything because we are super happy with it.

It was easy to set everything up, it didn't take too long and it required minimum effort from our IT team. after it's set up it can be managed by non tech person.

We implemented all in-house, with LC tech help and advice, but like I've already explained, it took minimum effort to do that.

I'm not about to write an essay of 120 characters to explain our ROI, I'll just say we earn more than it costs. We use it since 2012, so you do the math.

It's always a question what was before, the chicken or the egg, right at start your customers will probably need to get used to the idea of having this option but when it starts you will increase number of chats rapidly, so try to make some tests first and have faith, add more agents to the job.

We did investigate but pretty soon we realized we want LC, I really don't remember how this all went back in 2011. When we started to discuss this idea so I don't feel comfortable writing about it.

Help Desk Software
May 2022
597,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Customer Service Rep at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees

What is most valuable?

The ability to customize the button look and feel, as well as utilizing an animated GIF to increase the amount of interest in contacting our sales team has been so beneficial. Archives have been great in finding previous conversations between sales and customers.

How has it helped my organization?

This allows us to communicate visitors to the site that would be just browsing. By allowing us to have a direct conversation to provide pricing or other options that haven't been listed on the site. Live Chat has been so useful for our company.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice to be able to search the previous archives.

I would like a gallery of animated GIF icons.

4 years.

The deployment was the easiest part. I still find it easy to add the code to any webpage. This was the easiest solution to implement.

There have been times where Live Chat's servers have had DDOS attacks and have made communication difficult. This has not taken significant amounts of time, and gets rectified rather quickly.

This platform scales with the website. It's very user friendly and easy to customize based on the web pages from within the platform.

Top notch support! They have always been very helpful within a short period of time from when I email the support team.

Every question I have asked since being a customer has been answered, and detailed very well. They are available at various times during the day.

I have not used another Live Chat platform as this one was the first one I tested and continued using ever since.

The setup was very easy. The platform has only become more user friendly and simplified over time. From when I started using it to now, they have streamlined the dashboard.

I implemented the solution myself. I did not have to contract anyone else to setup the software on my website. The code is easy to insert into the web page.

I really don't have a proper way to describe the ROI other than it is huge and so useful to our business. We can attribute most of our high ticket sales to this software.

I would start with one license, and then if you find that it isn't enough or want to track each employee, increase the licenses. I found the Team plan to be the most beneficial.

I did my initial research and found that Live Chat had more to offer over other companies and stuck with them ever since.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely look into Live Chat Inc as a provider for communicating with your customers. Their reports and range of capabilities is very easy to customize and utilize, even if you are a growing company.

Owner at a non-tech company with 51-200 employees
We cannot monitor it 24/7, so the ability to leave a message if we are not on helps us capture those interactions.

What is most valuable?

The live chat is invaluable. We also found that we cannot monitor it 24/7, so the ability to leave a message if we are not on helps us capture those interactions with our clients that we might not otherwise know about.

How has it helped my organization?

Every company searches for ways to have authentic conversations with there clients, especially those prompted by the client. Also, people don’t want to read anymore either, they are looking for immediate answers. This allows our clients/families to have real time conversations with us on their schedule.

What needs improvement?

We have not found areas for improvement. We love it just the way it is. There is nothing we would change or add.

2 years.

None.

100+, I have access at anytime and they are extremely responsive.

Have never needed it.

Very easy, we were able to do it in-house.

We implemented in house and we don’t have a tech team. =

We have never evaluated this however I know for a fact that we have taken many registrations and answered many client questions based on conversations with our families on LiveChat.

We found we could get along with one user on at a time, however we recently increased that option and it makes it easier as our team doesn’t need to communicate their availability amongst themselves.

No we did not. This one came highly recommended and the price was right so we went with them.

What other advice do I have?

We have recommend this product to many camps in our industry and it is being adopted as a best practice during summer camp sales season.

I am not tech savvy. This is a product we implemented and I love it. There is nothing that I feel is missing. It truly does what I need it to do and anything else I would say, I would be making it up.

Director of Client Success, Co-Founder at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It allows for unlimited customisation of team structures allowing proper chat routing through to the correct agents.

What is most valuable?

- LiveChat's exceptional support, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

- Javascript and REST API, enabling custom integrations to suit the needs of our clients.

- Unlimited customisation of team structures allowing proper chat routing through to the correct agents.

- Transcript data retention.

- Full CSS customisation.

- Ability to stack requirements in greetings allowing highly targeted proactive invites.

How has it helped my organization?

Through the capabilities of LiveChat we are able to fully customise each live chat implementation to suit the goals of our clients. We are also able to report on specific detail to allow continued improvement over time.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to be able to create teams and filter the reports by team, in addition to the ability to currently filter by group, date, agent, tag etc.

I'd also like to be able to customise what widgets are available in the live dashboard.

3.5 years

It took some time to discover the true capabilities of LiveChat. Although it's simple to get setup and running, in order to achieve what we have it took some time trialling different options and reviewing the API's. Any issues were quickly resolved through their live chat support.

LiveChat went through a stage of being targeted with DDoS attacks. Communications from them were very good and we were kept updated.

None at all. We've scaled quite dramatically over the years and encountered no issues. We've just needed to adjust and change how we work.

Best in the business! If they can't help there and then they will log a ticket and have someone more experienced look into it.

Great. They designed and built LiveChat in house and so are always able to solve any issues quickly and efficiently.

We had researched various different solutions before choosing LiveChat but it was the first solution we were properly committed to.

Initial setup was very easy and intuitive. It's only when you're looking into more advanced setup did it become more complex.

We implemented live chat in-house and have continued to do so for many other businesses, learning a lot along the way.

Some of the ROI's we've achieved for clients can be seen on our website, thechatshop.com. Results have been incredibly positive.

You can easily scale up and down the number of seats you need and only be billed pro-rata which is perfect for keeping control of costs and scaling as required.

Yes, various other options available on the market at the time. Olark, Zopim, Live Person etc. LiveChat's support was second to none.

Head of Support at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Our clients no longer have to use email - they can chat with our support directly for the app.

What is most valuable?

The two things I found the most useful are real-time monitoring and proactive invitations. We no longer have to wait for visitor's reaction - we can engage them!

How has it helped my organization?

At this point we're using it mostly for support. We've added it to our app, so our clients no longer have to use email - they can chat with our support directly for the app.

What needs improvement?

I couldn't find any. At the level we're using it right now we've got everything we need, so it's hard for me to say what can be improved.

Few months.

No. The integration went very smoothly and the whole implementation took no more than a minute. There were no issues at all.

No, LiveChat has been always working for us without any problems. In case any problems they've got a status page with e-mail notification so they are very open about it.

As a small company we didn't notice anything issues, but as far as I know some big names are using LiveChat as well, so I guess there's no problem with scalability.

Top notch! The support team is available all the time and have been able to solve all our questions instantly.

We didn't encounter any technical problems, although we had few questions about API and the support team was able to help us and solve our problems immediately.

We have tested other solution, but there were not as good as LiveChat. When we started using LiveChat we found it very easy and intuitive.

It was very straightforward. We've used a Wordpress plugin and it took no longer than a minute. It's THAT easy.

We did it by ourselves. I think there's no need to use any additional help since all it takes is copy/paste a piece of code or use a plugin.

At this point we're using it mostly for support and I can say our customers love it! We plan to use it for sales as well in the near future.

You must remember that the prices are per seat, not per created agent. It really does make a difference. We're using a Team plan and I think it fits perfectly into our needs.

We did evaluate other options - Zopim and Olark - but we found LiveChat much better. The application is very clean and easy to use, we can use it on mobiles and our customers love it too.

What other advice do I have?

If you are not using it - start using it! Your customers will love it. It's really simple for agents and customers.