We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Kofax RPA OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Kofax RPA is #11 ranked solution in best RPA tools. PeerSpot users give Kofax RPA an average rating of 8 out of 10. Kofax RPA is most commonly compared to UiPath: Kofax RPA vs UiPath. Kofax RPA is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 69% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.
What is Kofax RPA?

Eliminate Errors by Automating Data Gathering and Input

Reduce error-prone, manual data entry and complete processes the same way, every time, resulting in more accurate, reliable outcomes. Automate virtually any activity that involves accessing and acting on information.

Increase Operational Efficiency with Intelligent Software Robots

Streamline the collection of important business data so you can stop draining your budget and resources. Infuse speed, intelligence, efficiency and quality into your business processes while freeing up your employees for more valuable work.

Lower Development Costs without the Need for Coding

Develop robotic automation processes to automatically run complex integrations and access any web data source without the need for costly and time-consuming coding. Efficiently complete automation projects that have been previously delayed due to more pressing needs.

Extend the Value of Business Process Automation (BPM) Solutions

Deploy robotic process automation (RPA) tactically within a business unit to meet your specific goals for a part of or the entire process. Run RPA as complementary to your business management (BPM) and case management platforms—using robots at various steps within a larger set of key business processes to further eliminate manual work.

Monitor and Optimize Processes with Robotic Process Intelligence

Proactively monitor and optimize the health of your robotic process automation platform with Kapow Robotic Process Intelligence. Monitor trends, ensure compliance, detect potential problems in real time and maximize the productivity of your digital workforce.

Kofax RPA was previously known as Kofax Kapow, Kapow.

Kofax RPA Buyer's Guide

Download the Kofax RPA Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Kofax RPA Customers
Aetna, BNP Paribas, Citi, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, ING, Aviva, Humana, Willis, Merck, University Hospitals, CardinalHealth, American Red Cross, Alegri, Capita
Kofax RPA Video

Archived Kofax RPA Reviews (more than two years old)

CEO at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
Has everything centralized and constantly thinks of the large corporations that use their robots
  • "The best part of Kofax is that they have a whole concept. It's one product, but also has extra elements that can be integrated."
  • "I'd like to see a recording function and a more simple interface."

What is our primary use case?

I'm the company CEO and chief engineer. We partner with RPA, selling the product, marketing and implementing it. We have several customers who use RPA for different applications. Some use it for financial needs. Another uses RPA to obtain information from employees who deal with external customers. They insert relevant data and the accounts department is then able to invoice the customer. Prior to this, it was all done manually. RPA has provided us with a tool for mobile phones that allows data input to be sent directly to the head office. RPA takes care of the process, it's all automated.

Another case is where information is being directly input to the ERP system from a PDF. A robot takes care of that and everything is transmitted automatically to the ERP system. Logistics companies are one of the main target groups for us and in this case, it's really about customs procedures. Imported goods require reports and it used to be done manually, particularly important when there were questions from customs officials. Robots are now being used to handle the data from the source companies and also from customs. There are many different applications where our customers are using RPA.

Our biggest customer would have around 100, 150 end-users or customers using the product but in some cases, it's only five to 10 people using the robots. It's difficult to say how many users there are because a lot of the work used to be done manually and now, over time, that work is being taken over by robots.

What is most valuable?

The best part of Kofax is that they have a whole concept. It's one product, but also has extra elements that can be integrated. If you take the whole package, with the extra products you can digitize it using RPA and also by using the other products they provide.

What needs improvement?

Of course, there is always room for improvement and I know there are developments all the time. This includes, ultimately, the development and increased use of robots. It's something that our customers want and I know that Kofax is working on that. I don't know if similar products already have this kind of function but this is one we've been waiting for and I know that it's not a simple ask.

For additional features, I'd like to see a recording function and a more simple interface. I also think that there could be more support for emerging learning or artificial intelligence.

This is the third year we've been using Kofax RPA

I would say that the product itself is quite stable, no problems there.

The technical support is generally good. Sometimes, of course, they take more time when you have difficult or complicated questions. But generally, if you send a question to Kofax technical support we'll get an answer the same day. I'm happy with the support.

I don't do the setup myself but I understand it's very easy.

The normal price for an on-premises license is €50,000. That's the price for one robot license. You can have more than one robot license but only one can be run at any one time. I believe the cost of adding a second robot is around €14,000.

What other advice do I have?

I think the product itself is very simple. The Kofax RPA concept is a little different from that of other similar products on the market. We have a centralized system which means that whereas other products are coming from the desktop robotic side, in the case of Kofax, they constantly think of the large corporations that are using their robots. For some customers, it's very important that everything is centralized. And of course that's an important issue but then, of course, it brings challenges when you are trying to create the desktop robot.

I would rate the product an eight out of 10. It's a tricky question because we sell the product, but I guess there is always room for improvement.

Sharepoint 2010 Specialist at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Reseller
Offers advanced automation of business processes with a reasonable licensing cost
  • "The features that we have found the most valuable are the integration of different third-party support and productivity services."
  • "This product has room for improvement in support of aviation. The interface could be improved in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Kofax RPA is to automate our aviation business processes.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a little bit of experience with Kofax and a lot of people are working on it. If you scan and import what we have, it's a couple of million users.

It is a large environment that we have for Kofax RPA support right now.

What is most valuable?

The features that we have found the most valuable are the integration of different third-party support and productivity services.

What needs improvement?

This product has room for improvement in support of airplanes and aviation. Maybe the interface could be improved in the next release.

It would be very handy if you can connect directly to the ERM or ERP system.

We have been using Kofax RPA for 2 years.

The stability of Kofax for an enterprise company is good. It is valuable if you have some continuity issues. It is very helpful to have a stable environment.

The scalability of Kofax is very handy. With a few clicks, you can have your scalable environment up and ready. It is not so complex to configure the entire environment.

About 10 to 15 people are using the solution. For deployment and maintenance of Kofax, it requires some time to handle. If I create some robots it will take some time.

Otherwise, the deployment is done within a few minutes. It's not about time, it's about skills. It's about knowing if someone is very skilled. Then, one person can handle it.

The solution's technical support is very good. We have a supplier that handles all of our issues as soon as possible.

The initial set up is straightforward. Our deployment took only a few minutes.

I am a technical worker, so I did the setup myself.

We are an aviation company. We have a lot of advanced processes when you integrate into Kofax.

The licensing cost for Kofax is on an annual basis. It's not so high, just the standard fee. The license cost is not much at all.

We did not evaluate any other options. You have to know about the correct local infrastructure to use Kofax.

What other advice do I have?

Kofax RPA is very handy. They make your processes very valuable. On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this product the best, a ten.

Learn what your peers think about Kofax RPA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
566,121 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Information Governance Project Manager at Western Integrated Systems
The end user only has to click once to preserve the entire email conversation

What is our primary use case?

Transparent, one-click end-user compliance with email retention management at the conversation thread level in Exchange and Office 365.

How has it helped my organization?

Compliance with business record retention requirements is at 93.3%, as of January 2019.

What is most valuable?

The end user only has to click once to preserve the entire email conversation.

What needs improvement?

Concatenation of error messages.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The end user only has to click once to preserve the entire email conversation.

What needs improvement?

Concatenation of error messages.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I work as a consulting project manager for a Kofax VAR and for this particular client where the robot was implemented, I am on retainer to execute their records management program.
Download our free Kofax RPA Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.