IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Kemp LoadMaster OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Kemp LoadMaster is #2 ranked solution in top Application Delivery Controllers. PeerSpot users give Kemp LoadMaster an average rating of 9.8 out of 10. Kemp LoadMaster is most commonly compared to HAProxy: Kemp LoadMaster vs HAProxy. Kemp LoadMaster is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 53% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 26% of all views.
Kemp LoadMaster Buyer's Guide

Download the Kemp LoadMaster Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Kemp LoadMaster?

Kemp LoadMaster provides High Availability, Scalability and Security for Application Delivery. Optimized load balancers for Hybrid Cloud and Public Cloud deployments. Available for Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.

Kemp LoadMaster was previously known as LoadMaster Load Balancer.

Kemp LoadMaster Customers

Kent County Council, KEMP, SMA Solar Technology AG, RT€ Player , Victrix (Quebec, Canada), Texas A&M, Macmillan Cancer Support, Cisco, Austin Bank

Kemp LoadMaster Video

Archived Kemp LoadMaster Reviews (more than two years old)

reviewer1374081 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
The load balancer is stable and meets the customer's expectations
  • "The most valuable feature that I found is the load balancing feature, it is the core function of the product."
  • "Third, the password history restriction needs improvement. For example, the password policy will restrict the user to always use a unique password combination. The password should not be reused for a minimum of three generations of passwords."

What is our primary use case?

Our use case included product testing on how to configure the load balancing products.

My primary use case is to deploy the load balancer. We provide the deployment professional service to the end-user. Due to Singapore's government policy, government sectors do not allow the connection of the internet. Therefore, we will be the hands and legs of the Kemp professional service. We will seek advice from the Kemp professional service team before and after every time we onsite to the customer's site.

How has it helped my organization?

As a partner of Kemp Technologies, we're using the load balancers as a demo and testing environment. This helps us in providing product issue support for load balancers.

Other than that, the demo is also conducted during product introduction, pre-sales stage.

Next, we also conduct feature testing on Kemp's load balancing products.

Functional testing is done on our environment before we implement to a customer's environment. Other than that, we can also try to simulate the customer's issues when we were handling support cases.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature that I found is the load balancing feature, it is the core function of the product.

The load balancer is stable and met the customer's expectations. So far, there have not been any issues reported on the basic load balancing functions.

Besides that, there is also a load balancing mode that fits into the customer's requirements. This also gives more choice for the customer to change their load balancing mode in the future due to the yearly improvement of the audit requirement.

What needs improvement?

I would like to give some advice on security improvement:

• First, is the password complexity's restriction. For example, there should be a password restriction policy on the password that only can be made up of a minimum of 12 alphanumeric characters with upper & lower cases.
  • Second, is the password age restriction. For example, the password should be changed at least every 90 days.
  • Third, the password history restriction needs improvement. For example, the password policy will restrict the user to always use a unique password combination. The password should not be reused for a minimum of three generations of passwords.
  • Last but not the least, the default administrator account should be able to rename. This is to prevent a hacker to use brute force attack on the known default administrator ID.
Kemp LoadMaster
August 2022
Learn what your peers think about Kemp LoadMaster. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2022.
622,645 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using this solution for more than one year.

We have fewer issues reported from the end-user. The support response is fast.

So far scalability has been good.

Technical support is good. So far every case is handled properly.

We did not previously use a different solution.

We implemented through the vendor team. They are very experienced.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're the partner of Kemp Technologies
Director of IT at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Intuitive interface and can be used practically with any application in the backend
  • "I like that this is a Network Load Balancer that can be used practically with any application in the backend. They have how-to guides on how to set up Kemp NLB with Exchange, but you can use it as well for Sharepoint, RDS, or any other back end server."
  • "The product is really good as-is out of the box. If there is one thing I would change is to have the license file not be coupled with the MAC address of the device. This is actually not really useful in a virtual environment where if you have a single VM with KEMP LoadMaster and you have not set up static MAC Address, if you, for example, recreate the VM and just load the disk file on a new VM it will get new MAC address and the NLB will not work as it will not see a proper license."

What is our primary use case?

I used it as a front end to an RDS Farm. Its load-balancing port 80 and port 443 to multiple RDS Gateways. It's deployed as a virtual appliance on an on-prem virtual machine hosted on the Hyper-V server. Kemp LoadMaster is used by more than 1,000 internal users on a daily bases to access the application system at the back end. It's not exposed to the internet, it's used only from internal users inside the corporate LAN. We have daily VM backups setup as well as application backups from inside KEMP.

How has it helped my organization?

We used to have DNS round-robin based load balancing from some small applications but it was not highly available and if one instance were to do down half of the traffic would go down. We have tested the build it Microsoft Load balancer, but it was free and it was not reliable. Currently, we are using ZEN NLB for a few small applications that do not require many features but when it came to having a proper NLB for 1000 users the ZEN NLB could not handle the load. We have tested F5 and Kemp and Kemp were much cheaper and easier to setup.

What is most valuable?

I like that this is a Network Load Balancer that can be used practically with any application in the backend. They have how-to guides on how to set up Kemp NLB with Exchange, but you can use it as well for Sharepoint, RDS, or any other back end server. I like that the interface is intuitive, you have the option to load an SSL certificate on it so then the traffic can be inspected there, this is especially important when you have an Exchange server or RD Gateway at the back that heavily uses SSL Certificates. It has an option to be HA so if you need you can set up two of them to be up and running at the same time in Active-Active fashion.

What needs improvement?

The product is really good as-is out of the box. If there is one thing I would change is to have the license file not be coupled with the MAC address of the device. This is actually not really useful in a virtual environment where if you have a single VM with KEMP LoadMaster and you have not set up static MAC Address, if you, for example, recreate the VM and just load the disk file on a new VM it will get new MAC address and the NLB will not work as it will not see a proper license. You need to call their support, explain what the issue is, and then they will generate a new license that you can apply. If this is a production environment and you just had an outage and quickly required the VM then you are extending the outage by the time it will take to get their support to help with the new license.

I have been using Kemp LoadMaster for more than two years.

It's rock-solid and very stable.

It can scale easily, I believe you only need to load a new license.

Technical support is nice, they will help you over the phone/email but I had few questions about the design and even professional services were not purchased their support engineer did a screen sharing session to take a look on the configuration to make sure it's following their best practices for the use case we were using it for.

I have used ZEN NLB and Microsoft NLB.

It was easy to get in touch with their sales and get it ordered.

I have implemented it myself.

KEMP NLB is on the cheaper side of the spectrum but works great. If your license expires it will still run just you won't be able to do any changes.

Yes, F5.

What other advice do I have?

Its a nice and easy NLB to set up and operate on a day to day basis. I highly recommend it.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Kemp LoadMaster
August 2022
622,645 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1373811 - PeerSpot reviewer
Consultant at DXC
The features are not only reliable and stable but being an integrated solution makes troubleshooting and pinpointing issues much easier
  • "The base feature of Kemp LoadMaster load balancing ticks all the boxes but the most valuable features would be the security features Intrusion Prevention (IPS) and Web Application Firewall (WAF)."
  • "Overall, the Kemp LoadMaster has been an all-rounder great product and stable. The free trial and virtual edition make it a breeze for any potential customer to give it a spin before actually deciding to put it on the infrastructure or even talk to the CFO."

What is our primary use case?

The client required an infrastructure solution for the internal development team that was complaining regarding the performance and issues with the previous open-source solution. The usual infrastructure staging/development/production is available to the development team. Kemp LoadMaster serves as the internal load balancer for the application and web security layer with the Intrusion Prevention (IPS) and Web Application Firewall (WAF) that replace the opensource solution previously implemented.

How has it helped my organization?

Kemp LoadMaster has definitely reduced the complaints from the development team since its deployment. Even the administrators/support are pleased with the intuitive administrative portal and ease of usage. In terms of stability, the application is much more reliable and the security feature of Web Application Firewall (WAF) fully has the auditor requirement. With the virtual version of the Kemp LoadMaster, it was simply carving a virtual resource to spin up a virtual instance to test or put in use for another section.

What is most valuable?

The base feature of Kemp LoadMaster load balancing ticks all the boxes but the most valuable features would be the security features Intrusion Prevention (IPS) and Web Application Firewall (WAF). Both the features are not only reliable and stable but being an integrated solution makes troubleshooting and pinpointing the issue much easier than fumbling around on different devices/logs. The RESTful and PowerShell APIs are definitely come handy in this automation era and makes network development easy.

What needs improvement?

Overall, the Kemp LoadMaster has been an all-rounder great product and stable. The free trial and virtual edition make it a breeze for any potential customer to give it a spin before actually deciding to put it on the infrastructure or even talk to the CFO. Kemp could create a more structured lab oriented training program as part of its certification bundled with an online cloud lab that makes it easy for a client to learn and try out the Kemp LoadMaster immediately. The sales team would also benefit from this cloud lab service.

It has been roughly about a year plus since the solution was deployed for the client.

The Kemp LoadMaster perform extremely well and stable during the POC testing and actual going live with the users.

Very scalable product.

Technical support is smooth and responsive.

We previously used a different solution and we switched mainly due to cost restriction.

Straightforward setup.

The deployment was done through a vendor team.

There must be a balance between cost and features. Going opensource usually goes up in terms of learning/training cost.

We evaluated F5, HA proxy, NGINX.

Microsoft Azure
Network Administrator at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
A reliable solution that is priced well, with great technical support
  • "I like the way this solution handles multiple SSLs in different domains while still load balancing."
  • "Although Kemp is very user-friendly, it lacks a more custom configuration."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for load balancing websites, load balancing Citrix solutions, and load balancing Microsoft Dynamics.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped us in certain situations that we have had to find a way to work around.

What is most valuable?

I like the way this solution handles multiple SSLs in different domains while still load balancing. I find that to be a very interesting feature.

What needs improvement?

It should be more customizable and perhaps more like NetScaler in that regard. Although Kemp is very user-friendly, it lacks a more custom configuration.

I would like to see this solution more customizable in the next release.

I have been using this solution since May of 2019.

This solution is stable. It's pretty good.

This solution's scalability is pretty good.

We have about 200 users in finance, customer service, and IT.

We are using this solution every day and we have plans to increase our usage.

The support is great.

Previously, I had used Microsoft NLB. We switched because it was more difficult to configure and it had many issues.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was very intuitive and user-friendly. The application itself is built to be more user-friendly.

It took two days to deploy. It wasn't difficult and it involved checking the configuration and calling support. There was no different kind of strategy.

It only takes one person to deploy and maintain this solution. As the Networking Administrator, I am the person who is responsible.

We did not use an integrator, reseller, or consultant. Only the main support.

Licensing is yearly and I am going to guess that it is CAN $2000.00.

There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

Check for the complete needs of your entire network system.

In order to configure things, you will have to first draw out your connections before you implement it.

This solution is good and it's reliable but there are things to improve.

MohamadBadran - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Systems Engineer at a real estate/law firm with 501-1,000 employees
Robust, scalable, cost-effective, and has many templates for load balancing traffic of different types
  • "We really like the performance of this solution."
  • "The GUI is rather technical and complex, so it could be improved by making it simpler and more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for load balancing traffic for solutions such as Exchange and Skype, as well as for web servers using HTTP and SMTP.

Another team is in charge of operating this solution.

What is most valuable?

Most valuable features of the KEMP Loadmaster:
ready-made templates for various well-known applications
stability of the product

What needs improvement?

We would like to see them improve the security by putting a well trusted and very efficient WAF inside the appliance. They currently use an open-source solution for this, but it would be great to include a more secure one because it would be a complete solution in terms of load balancing and security. We are currently researching WAF solutions to implement for our perimeter, so it is on the radar for our model.

The GUI is rather technical and complex, so it could be improved by making it simpler and more user-friendly. This is a very powerful solution that gives you an edge, but some of the features are hard to understand. For example, the configuration values are difficult. The templates help in this regard. Each value is explained in the documentation, but it still needs to be simpler.

I would like to see Active Directory integration for authentication of the admin role, so the usernames are not on the local appliance.

I have been using this solution for four years.

This solution is very stable. If I had to rate it out of ten then I would give it nine-point-eight.

We have the virtual appliance rather than the hardware, so in our case, scalability is easy. It is just a matter of licensing. If you want to add more CPU and RAM then you just upgrade your license and give the virtual machine more resources.

For the hardware appliance, my understanding is that it can scale depending on the environment.

They even have software that can turn any bare metal server into a hardware appliance.

We have six deployments across six offices, and in total there are approximately four thousand users. We do have plans to increase usage as we consolidate some of the servers in our private cloud. This will mean that more users are hitting the same office.

The technical support is great. They are knowledgeable on the technical level, responsive, and give you the solution very quickly. The troubleshoot the issue until the problem is solved.

They communicate by email and by phone and can log in remotely. They send us updates about new versions.

The initial setup of this solution is simple.

They have very good documentation available on their website. The have templated well-known applications to help with load-balancing, and these help you a lot. One example is that they have templates for Exchange.

The return that we get for the money that we pay is very high.

This cost of this solution is not high, and cheaper than their competitors.

The license varies according to the number of megabits. For example, a 200Meg license can handle two hundred megabits per second, concurrently. If you need more then you just upgrade the license.

What other advice do I have?

This product does what is advertised.

In terms of the value you get for the amount of money you pay, this is the number one solution.

For anybody who is implementing this solution, there is nothing to worry about. This product is mature, the documentation is there, and the support is very good. My recommendation is to get the virtual appliance instead of the hardware because it is easy, and that's what we have experience with. You get the same features and it is easy to scale and add more resources.

I would also suggest taking a backup of the configuration just in case they misconfigure something later. It is a complex configuration and if something goes wrong when somebody is changing it, it will break the traffic. You should be very careful when making changes to the configuration.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

it_user1069098 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Consultant at Base It
Works well and offers good security features and support
  • "The security features are the most valuable features of this solution."
  • "To make it a perfect ten out of ten it would need better connection logging. If there is an active connection, that there is better logging. It should also have better management monitoring tools."

What is our primary use case?

We implement it for our customers and we have every different version available from Kemp. The primary use case is for load balancing for different applications, mostly Microsoft Exchange. We use the on-prem deployment model.

What is most valuable?

The security features are the most valuable features of this solution.

It works very well. It's a good product that has good support.

We have been using this solution for five years.

It is very stable.

It's very scalable. There are solutions for small customers and very large customers available from Kemp. In terms of users, we have different customers. The largest customer has about 5,000 co-workers.

We are satisfied with technical support.

The implementation is not complex. The deployment took one day.

The price is fine for their solution and what they give back from the product.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten. To make it a perfect ten out of ten it would need better connection logging. If there is an active connection, then there is better logging. It should also have better management monitoring tools.

They have great technical documentation on their website. That would be my recommendation if someone needs to implement Kemp Technology products.

Jakob Kvistgaard - PeerSpot reviewer
Infrastructure Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Provides load-balancing and adds reverse proxy for further security
  • "With Kemp 360 Central, our customers get a nice overview of their Kemp products and an easy way to upgrade firmware on all devices from a single interface."
  • "The auth website of ESP is really lacking. It’s not responsive (mobile friendly) and the procedure of changing the website is difficult. We tend to avoid using pre-auth for that reason."
  • "Several elements of the GUI need work. For example, if you have many content switches, it’s difficult to find the ones you need. And where is the search feature?"
  • "If you want logging for SMTP traffic, you have to enable ESP, which requires you to define allowed IP addresses. That’s irritating, to say the least."
  • "It lacks an officially supported, well-written SCOM Management Pack."

What is our primary use case?

I have worked with Kemp products for at least 10 years, as a consultant. In most cases, they are used for load balancing Exchange environments, but also as reverse proxies for other workloads such as Skype for Business, ADFS, etc.

The customer environments vary greatly. In most scenarios, it’s up to 2,000 users but in some cases more than 30,000. My last case involving Kemp was an Exchange 2016 site-resilient solution with 12 servers for 35,000 mailboxes.

How has it helped my organization?

Kemp Loadmaster gives our customers an easy and cheap way of load-balancing their workloads and adding reverse proxy for added security. With Kemp 360 Central, they get a nice overview of their Kemp products and an easy way to upgrade firmware on all devices from a single interface.

What is most valuable?

Kemp products are extremely stable and meet most of my customers' needs for an ADC solution. My customers appreciate the attractive pricing, stability. and user-friendly interface. The more advanced features such as WAF are rarely required by our customers.

Their virtual products are easy to install and easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

There are plenty of features that are lacking in my opinion:

• The auth website of ESP is really lacking. It’s not responsive (mobile friendly) and the procedure of changing the website is difficult. We tend to avoid using pre-auth for that reason, and it's really a shame.
  • Several elements of the GUI need work. For example, if you have many content switches, it’s difficult to find the ones you need. And where is the search feature?
  • If you want logging for SMTP traffic, you have to enable ESP, which requires you to define allowed IP addresses. That’s irritating, to say the least.
  • Using the GUI to view log files is tedious. A nice log parser would help.
  • It lacks an officially supported, well-written SCOM Management Pack.

More than five years.

Kemp support is great. You always get qualified assistance and the support engineers are friendly and helpful. You can find loads of information on the support website, including deployment guides for almost any workload.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it at eight out of 10. There are many features that are missing or poorly implemented and things that you simply cannot do. The product is very much “as is”, and people need to be aware of that. If you don’t want these limitations, there are other products on the market, but they are typically a bit more expensive. Kemp products are very good load-balancers but are lacking in features compared to its competitors.

it_user771618 - PeerSpot reviewer
System and Server Administrator at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
  • "Exchange load balancing and reverse proxy for Skype for Business are key features."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Kemp Virtual LoadMaster for Microsoft Exchange load balancing, Skype for Business reverse proxy, and Oracle Forms load balancing.

How has it helped my organization?

For Skype for Business, we were using Microsoft TMG which is now end-of-support. Then we tried to use IIS as a reverse proxy but that feature was not suitable, especially on video calls where there were many issues. When we started using KEMP, we didn't face a single connectivity or delay issue on Skype for Business.

Previously, when we had maintenance on Exchange Servers, we had to take downtime. Also, whenever there was a glitch in the network our cluster got shifted to the secondary node. With KEMP, we don’t have to take any downtime for maintenance nor do we face any Outlook disconnect issue when there is a network interruption.

What is most valuable?

The load balancing for Exchange and reverse proxy for Skype are the features I like about it so far.

What needs improvement?

Reporting and monitoring need serious improvement.

Hewlett Packard Enterprise Solution Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Edge Security Pack differentiates between critical infrastructure and public internet

How has it helped my organization?

Having LDAP authentication from the LoadMaster to the AD.

What is most valuable?

Edge Security Pack, because of the way it differentiates between critical infrastructure and the public internet. That, I think, is essential.

What needs improvement?

They need to improve the UI environment. Currently, it's hard to navigate and use product.

Three to five years.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

I would rate tech support at nine out of 10.

This is the first such solution we have used.

It has a great price for the solution they offer.

We evaluated Azure but we preferred Kemp.

What other advice do I have?

We do not use this solution on AWS.

Chief Consuntant/KEMP VIP at a tech consulting company with 11-50 employees
    Technical support is very good. They are quick to answer questions and provide online help.
    • "​Simple to install with good documentation."
    • "Some documentation is out of date versus the new version, and things have been moved​."

How has it helped my organization?

When patching Skype for Business Enterprise, we experienced no downtime at all for internal users.

What is most valuable?

• Skype for Business
    • Reverse proxy
    • Web application firewall
    • Multi-factor authentication

There is a Forefront TMG replacement together with Skype for Business which even Microsoft recommends for DNS LB. However, customers require uptime, and my tests show that DNS for external users will have quite long time downtimes versus HLB.

What needs improvement?

• Templates
    • More detailed documentation

No issues. It is stable.

No issues. On the VLM, just update the license.

Simple to install with good documentation. Some documentation is out-of-date versus the new version, and things have been moved.

I have control on the licensing and all the prices since I work for a partner.

KEMP gives away free trials for 30 days. This can be stretched if you want. During the test, you will have access to KEMP support.

We looked into F5 BIG-IP. However, for small customers, they can't pay for four to five days do to basic config.

What other advice do I have?

Look into what you need. Do you want to use virtual (VLM running on Hyper-V or VMware) or physical (LM)?

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: The company that I work for is the only KEMP Center Partner in the Nordic region.
    it_user806598 - PeerSpot reviewer
    User
    Simplicity to the setup and configuration

What is our primary use case?

Load balancing to server farms upon response time performances. Usage of Web Application Firewall module.

How has it helped my organization?

There is a simplicity to the setup and configuration. It helps with efficiency and reactivity, in case of assistance needs.

What is most valuable?

The trio: Simplicity (no needs for many days of training) and a very attractive ratio of price/performance.

What needs improvement?

SNMP and/or RESTCONF management, in order to collect many counters, for plotting in a central application need to be improved.

Alex Coffey - PeerSpot reviewer
    CEO | Owner at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
    Saved a third of the costs without sacrificing needed features
    • "We needed a Microsoft Threat Management Gateway server replacement solution for a customer and were impressed with the simplified deployment of the Kemp LoadMasters."
    • "Some of the support documentation seems to make assumptions that the person installing or configuring is experienced with the product or concepts."

What is our primary use case?

High-availability, reverse proxy and web application firewall (WAF) for IoT devices and back-end web services. We have not fully enabled the web application firewall functionality as of yet, but plan to do so in the coming weeks.

What is most valuable?

Easy of Deployment. Application Delivery Controllers are not my company's strong suite. We needed a Microsoft Threat Management Gateway server replacement solution for a customer and were impressed with the simplified deployment of the Kemp LoadMasters.

How has it helped my organization?

I am small business and cannot afford dedicated consultants for one specific technology. I am able to leverage existing skillsets to deploy and configure the Kemp LoadMasters.

What needs improvement?

I do not feel we have enough experience with the product to talk to areas improvement or recommended features release.

Some of the support documentation seems to make assumptions that the person installing or configuring is experienced with the product or concepts. Further research got us through the installation and configuration without any issues.

Still implementing.

No issues.

No issues.

High. They have a very responsive support.

Microsoft Threat Management Gateway. Product is at its end of life.

The initial deployment was straightforward.

For a cloud proof of concept, I reached out to Kemp support to help us with a multi-NIC VM deployment. Their support was fantastic and we were able to get up and running in short order. The downloadable templates were a huge time saver.

In-house.

Saved a third of the costs without sacrificing needed features by going with Kemp.

Download Kemp's VLM trial and take it for a test drive; you will be impressed.

Yes, Microsoft Web Application Proxy and F5.

What other advice do I have?

My company is an IT Services Consulting company, and when requirements warrant, I plan on recommending Kemp to our other customers. Note: We currently have no financial interest in recommending Kemp.

Product Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Ease of usage and configuration templates make deployment easy.

What is most valuable?

Ease of usage and configuration templates to make deployment easy.

What needs improvement?

I would say overall improvement of the solution features

We have been proposing it to end customers from last July and have been using the Virtual edition.

nil

good

Previously we were proposing Citrix NetScaler or F5. We switched due to cost.

Very straightforward.

Yes, Citrix NetScaler and F5.

What other advice do I have?

Try the VLM edition to get a feeling for the product.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Used to be a partner
    it_user8178 - PeerSpot reviewer
    it_user8178Product Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees

Nil

Messaging Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    MSP
    We implemented the virtual load balancer and it was a very simple and straightforward installation​

Valuable Features

Most interesting features are like geo-redundancy, support of important Microsoft application like Exchange, Lync, Sharepoint, Skype for business etc. It also integration with Azure make unique about this tool.

Improvements to My Organization

It help to provide efficiently and robust load balance of Exchange servers when one or more server/service failure occurs.

Room for Improvement

It needs to offer support for more business applications.

We had no issues with the deployment.

There were no issues with the stability.

We have had no issues with scaling it for our needs.

They are are very knowledgeable and friendly.

They are are very knowledgeable and friendly.

Implementation was easy. We implemented the virtual load balancer and it was a very simple and straightforward installation

Other Advice

I would recommend trying the trial version, and if it meets all your needs then go ahead and implement it.

Download our free Kemp LoadMaster Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: August 2022