Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is the #3 ranked solution in top Endpoint Compliance tools and #13 ranked solution in endpoint security software. PeerSpot users give Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business vs Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 52% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 24% of all views.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Buyer's Guide

Download the Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business?
Kaspersky Endpoint Security is a multi-layered endpoint protection platform, based on true cybersecurity technologies. This tightly integrated solution combines fully scalable protection capabilities for physical, virtual and cloud-based endpoints including desktops, servers, mobile devices and embedded systems. Every endpoint can be managed through one unified console, giving you a complete security overview, no matter how extensive your infrastructure. Kaspersky Endpoint Security delivers a reliable, enterprise-ready security platform, providing data to automatically enrich your SOC. Endpoint vulnerabilities and protection are managed together through one console, improving efficiency and reducing your TCO. It protects you from ransomware, exploits and even the most advanced forms of cyberthreats. It has Easy and effective centralized web, device and application controls reduce your attack surface and help keep users safe. And FIPS 140.2 certified full disk encryption helps fully protect confidential data on stationary and mobile devices.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business was previously known as Kaspersky Work Space Security, Kaspersky Endpoint Security.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Customers
ACMS, Arqiva, Pakistan International Airlines, RAO UES
Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Video

Archived Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Reviews (more than two years old)

Deputy Manager of Cybersecurity Projects at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides great endpoint protection and granularity around what I want to configure
  • "Ability to specify the level of protection on devices,"
  • "The process for upgrades is very slow."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for my personal machines; my laptop, MacBook, as well as the devices of other family members. I buy about five to seven licenses every couple of years and I mainly use them to protect my end points. In my work, I'm the chief of Information Security and a customer of Kaspersky.

What is most valuable?

I like that this solution is pretty easy to use and also that it gives me some kind of granularity about the things I want to configure. I can also specify the level of protection I want for the devices, especially for MacBook and Windows devices.

What needs improvement?

I think improvements could be made around the upgrade. The process for upgrades is very slow. It usually takes about five to 10 minutes to work with the database of the solution.

As a cyber security professional, I would love to see more analytic capability in this solution. The ones I do see in solutions such as CrowdStrike or other commercial products, would also be better in more detail.

I've been using this solution for about six years.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This is now a very stable solution, they have made a lot of improvements in the last years. Prior to that, I installed the solution many years ago and it crashed the computers.

I think the scalability is fine. We have five to seven users at home.

I think I've used technical support two or three times. They've been good.

The initial setup is very straightforward - slow but straightforward. Deployment takes about an hour per device.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution.

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Senior Technology Atchitect at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use with a great interface and good stability
  • "The interface is really good. It's nice and simple."
  • "The performance of our machines tended to slow down under Kaspersky. That definitely needs to be addressed. I remember I had a pretty good Dell Notebook, and this product slowed it down quite a bit."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily used the solution as endpoint security for our end-users and their PCs.

What is most valuable?

The solution is pretty easy to use. It's easy to work with, even for beginners. You don't need much help in order to understand how it works and how to manage it.

The interface is really good. It's nice and simple.

What needs improvement?

The performance of our machines tended to slow down under Kaspersky. That definitely needs to be addressed. I remember I had a pretty good Dell Notebook, and this product slowed it down quite a bit.

Not all of the features were enabled for my team, so I can't speak to the full usability of the solution.

I'm not sure, for example, if it has effective reporting and statistics to help users understand what is happening on their endpoints. I didn't have access to that if it existed at all.

We've been using the solution for the past three or four years at this point. It's been a while.

I didn't notice any issues with the stability of the solution. I recall it being pretty good. There aren't bugs and glitches. It doesn't crash and freeze. It was pretty reliable.

The end-users probably didn't notice any stability issues at all. Administrators and those with security clearance may have noticed something from the antivirus side, however, I don't think that is the case.

The end-users would never have to contact technical support. We would contact the internal help desk if something went wrong. They typically can handle any issues on a client's behalf. We have our own team for maintenance. We've been pretty satisfied with this setup overall.

I don't recall if the initial setup was complex or straightforward. It was a few years ago now. I don't remember how long deployment took or how long the process was.

We have a couple of engineers that handle any maintenance needed on the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure if our organization has a business relationship with Kaspersky.

We recently switched off of Kaspersky. When we got Kaspersky, all the software was loaded remotely by the security organization. I don't know details in terms of what deployment model we were using exactly.

I had downloaded the solution onto my daughter's laptop as she didn't need high-speed performance or anything of that nature. The solution boasts the ability to protect machines effectively against internet threats, and I haven't had a problem with it.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher if it offered better performance and didn't slow down machines.

Note hat I didn't have all of the features enabled on the version I had, so I can't speak to the full experience.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business
November 2022
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Director at Eden Infosol Pvt Ltd
Encryption functionality and scanning performance, and the out-of-office policy is helpful in work-from-home scenarios
  • "It has a very good firewall, which lets you isolate your devices depending on the groups."
  • "he next thing that I would like to see in this solution are DLP features."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Kaspersky Endpoint is one of the security products that we implement for our clients.

How has it helped my organization?

Kaspersky is a one-stop solution that covers many things. Often, people deploy multiple solutions to cover tasks such as patch management, application control, device control, and the firewall. Kaspersky covers all of that very well.

What is most valuable?

The out of office policy is a fantastic feature that requires users to first connect to the server using a VPN before they can perform actions. In our current work-from-home scenario, this is very helpful.

Kaspersky gives you a complete inventory of the software that is running in your environment.

The encryption that they provide is a good feature. Today, most computers come by default with BitLocker encryption installed. We do not have to disable it. Rather, we can control it through Kaspersky. For example, we can decrypt it remotely without having to interact with the user, and then automatically move it to Kaspersky's encryption.

It has a very good firewall, which lets you isolate your devices depending on the groups. This is something that people might do over VLAN, although they don't have to. For example, if we have a group then we require directors to be in place. Directors are there to communicate with other sections, but the other sections cannot communicate with the group. This provides automatic control over an IP range.

I can do a full scan, every day, in less than ten minutes. This is in part because of the technology they have in place, where a file will not be scanned if it has not been accessed or modified.

The device control is pretty good and we haven't had any problems with it.

What needs improvement?

There are times when we see an agent has been disabled on a machine, and we are not able to determine the reason.

The next thing that I would like to see in this solution are DLP features. It should be able to scan, track, and provide reporting.

Organization-wise, they should have better categorization. For example, they have a social networking category, but it should be subdivided into components such as LinkedIn.

Kaspersky would benefit from including an employee monitoring solution.

We have been using Kaspersky for the past three years.

Scalability is something that has been gradually improving.

The deployment will typically take from an hour and a half to two hours.

A nice feature of the installation process is that it will automatically uninstall existing antivirus solutions before it deploys Kaspersky.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a fantastic solution. I have seen that there are features other vendors are coming out with today that Kaspersky already has.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Network Engineer at a tech vendor with 1-10 employees
Excellent at detecting viruses, very stable and easy to use
  • "It's excellent at detecting viruses."
  • "The initial setup is complex."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for securing our endpoints.

What is most valuable?

The solution always has the most up-to-date software.

The solution runs well.

It's excellent at detecting viruses.

The solution is very stable.

Our organization can easily scale the solution.

The solution is very compatible with Windows devices.

The solution is very basic and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The solution seems incapable of stopping the proxy connection. The proxy server seems to be bypassing the antivirus. It's an aspect they need to improve.

The initial setup is complex.

While it's compatible with Windows, it may not work as well with other operating systems.

Reporting is not that good for Kaspersky. I want more detailed reporting, I want the details reported in the reporting section, and everything is in one report. That is not possible now on Kaspersky. The reporting consists of the computer name or the IP only. I want complete detailed reporting capabilities in the next update.

We're only been working with the solution for about a year or so.

The solution is stable. I haven't had issues with it and found it to be reliable. It doesn't crash or freeze. There aren't bugs or glitches.

The solution is easily scalable. If a company needs to expand the solution, they can do so easily.

The technical support is okay, however, they need to have more expertise on the solution. Sometimes you will get a member of their support staff and they don't seem as knowledgeable as they should be.

We work mostly with Kaspersky, as well as Trend Micro and Bitdefender.

I wouldn't say that the solution has a straightforward implementation. It's a bit complex. It needs access to the Kaspersky server on-premises. It isn't an easy process.

You only need one day to deploy the server.

You only need one or two people to manage the deployment.

I handled the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Kaspersky partner.

We have clients of different sizes and the solution works well for all of them. It's perfect for any sized company.

It's a very good product. Everything is in a very professional environment. It's largely easy to set up. However, we've noticed that the RAM utilization is very high when Kaspersky is running on a computer. This might distract users that don't have too much memory on their machines.

On a scale of one to ten, I'd rate it at eight.

Nadeem Syed - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at Haniya Technologies
A mature product offering good protection and very good features
  • "They have a very good reporting system and they have a very good dashboard for the administrator, which makes monitoring everything easy."
  • "The solution needs to lower its pricing."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for endpoint security. We protect servers and end point users by using Kaspersky solution with additional product of the same compnay if required . e.g sand box solution , EDR etc

How has it helped my organization?

It is a mature product and have been using it for long time. It is easy to use and its data base engine is very up to date. Kaspersky solution gives you piece of mind and confidence that you have a proper security against viruses and Trojan etc

What is most valuable?

We've had clients that used to use Symantec Endpoint Security before they started using Kaspersky. Initially, they were a little reluctant about it, about seven or eight years ago. However, after the first year, when they saw the performance of Kaspersky and the quality of the product and the support we provide, they had more confidence.  Kaspersky is simply more reliable than products like Symantec.

The solution offers very good protection. After almost ten years of use by a client, Kaspersky has not allowed any penetration of ransomware or any other viruses. Kaspersky has been able to repeatedly stop and resolve security issues.

The product is easy to operate and it is so mature in our client's network that they don't want to even look at other products.

All antivirus products offer more or less the same kinds of features. However, Kaspersky has, in my view, two or three features that actually put them apart with their competitors. One is called the System Watcher. What the System Watcher does is (in case of ransomware or if they executed by mistake any ransomware virus in their network) allow the user to go back and retrieve a specific moment in time to recover the whole computer or all of the data that existed then. That way, clients will lose a very minimal amount of data and they can get back to work as soon as possible as well. Otherwise, they know and we all know that once the ransom virus is executed on a network, it won't be possible to recover anything unless you pay the ransom and/or do other stuff. It won't be possible for you to get all your data back.

When they give you the Endpoint Security solution, they also include the feature like Application Control and Interaction, which is also a very good security feature for users.

What needs improvement?

From a business point of view, it's not likely applicable to them, however, I've noticed that they have separated out a few features which they used to support as one package. For example, they used to have DLP solutions in the Endpoint Security as well and they had sandboxing capabilities too. Now, they have separated it into a different solution or a separate cost. They are offering the DLP and sandboxing features with the endpoint as an add-on solution. I'm sure it makes them more money, to be honest. That said, if they had all of the features in the same product, it would be both helpful and put them far above any other competitor.

The solution needs to lower its pricing.

I've been using the solution for 12 to 14 years.

The solution is very stable.

I have been using it for a long time. I have seen it grow over the years and now I can say that it's a mature and very stable product. Over that period of time, I haven't seen it declining in any way, either from a support or a technical side. They have been improving it day-by-day and year-over-year.

Every year, they bring on some new features.

It's not a very new product. You don't have to go and explain every single thing about it or try to convince the other person, due to the fact that, in the Pakistan market at least, they have captured about 50% to 60% easily.

They basically have four different editions for Endpoint Security and they offer (from lowest to highest) Core, Select, Advanced, and then Total. You can scale it from the Core to the Advanced and to the Total anytime you want to. It's very easy to do so.

We've dealt with technical support many times. They are very active and very responsive.

I've used Trend Micro for two years and I'm also still working on Trend Micro these days.

We just started using it regularly about a year ago, due to the fact that the brand came back very strongly not only on a product-level but with their support system as well. They are making inroads and a few of their products are very good and tare gaining popularity in the financial sector.

In their endpoint solution, Kaspersky has taken out their DLP features from their product, however, Trend Micro has DLP solution in their product, which gives them an edge. Kaspersky, however, gives you the option to use it on the premises or the cloud.

I wouldn't say that the initial setup is very straightforward and very user friendly. However, it's not very complex either. With a little bit of training and a little bit of education, anybody - any engineer, any IT person - can handle it. Of course, that's once they get used to it, it becomes very easy for them.

If you talk about end-to-end deployment, and, for example, if you have 100 users on the network, it take about six to eight hours, or one day, to deploy everything. Therefore, if you have a bigger number of users, for example, about 500, then it takes about a week.

When I say about a week, it means that after deployment and installation of every single computer they have on their network, they need to still do the fine-tuning. Typically that means waiting for it to mature and fit into their network. Just a deployment without all of that taken into consideration may be just two to three days. After that, we give them two, three more days to see if there is any need to fine-tune the system or the administration perspective. That's how we calculate about a week's worth of time.

If it's a small network, up to 500 users, one expert technical person is enough to handle the implementation.

We tend to handle the deployments for our clients.

Depends how you look at it, since we have secured our environment using kaspersky, we are saving lots of money by not getting crashed or getting our network hack or let any one penetrate it for foul purpose.

Their pricing is quite high.

Yes, we have tried TrendMicro, Sophos and Mcafee.

What other advice do I have?

We are vendors. We actually sell this product to our clients. We also use it on our premises as well. We do the R&D of all the products we use as well.

While many clients preferred the on-premises solution, recently, the trend has changed a little bit and most clients, especially after this COVID situation, have started working remotely from home. With that being the case, clients are now more inclined towards the cloud solution.

The solution can work easily for any size of business, from small, say for even from a single user, to an enterprise level. We have clients who are about 8,000 strong and we have a client who has got only 10 users and they are all happy about it. It's pretty much for everyone.

The advice I can give to other companies is this: they can believe and trust in Kaspersky's tech. However, we always advise our clients that, before they implement and deploy the product, they should learn about it as well. They should learn about how to manage the product, how to do the small stuff and to not rely on the vendors all the time.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Udaya Sri Kariyawasam - PeerSpot reviewer
Engineering Lead - DevOps at Persistent Systems
Has good heuristic analysis but it should offer the ability to change what to whitelist for a specific user
  • "Endpoint Security's most valuable feature is its heuristic analysis. This heuristic approach means that it learns from its past experiences. It is the most valuable feature they have. This contributes to dealing with ransomware, detection, and early mitigation actions."
  • "A big improvement would be allowing us to reconfigure the agents and change what to whitelist for a specific user. If the user is not happy with the configuration and is being blocked from certain sites, we should be able to reconfigure the monitoring mechanics to make it more flexible."

What is most valuable?

Endpoint Security's most valuable feature is its heuristic analysis. This heuristic approach means that it learns from its past experiences. It is the most valuable feature they have. This contributes to dealing with ransomware, detection, and early mitigation actions.

What needs improvement?

We do high profile work, meaning agent analysis. Sometimes users complain that we can't access a particular website. A big improvement would be allowing us to reconfigure the agents and change what to whitelist for a specific user. If the user is not happy with the configuration and is being blocked from certain sites, we should be able to reconfigure the monitoring mechanics to make it more flexible. In other words, we should be able to monitor what is vulnerable and critical in order to assess access to a particular website.

Additionally, it would be helpful if they could provide us with a tech report generation mechanism.

I have been using Kaspersky Endpoint Security for one year.

We have three people in our team dedicated to ongoing security management with Kaspersky Endpoint Security.

Yes, I have been in touch with support. Our issues are handled by the global support. I am satisfied with them. They are good.

The initial setup is straightforward. It takes about two or three weeks to deploy.

As I mentioned, we have allocated three people to manage the solution. That way, if someone in the team is unavailable another person can manage customer queries and management issues.

What other advice do I have?

Kaspersky is actually not the most perfect product in the industry. There are many other products available depending on your purposes. Defining your purpose is the most important thing when deciding what product to implement. For middle management, it might be Endpoint Security. It is the customer's call. Customers must evaluate the scope of their business needs before implementation.

One a scale of one to ten, I would rate Kaspersky Endpoint Security a seven.

Udaya Sri Kariyawasam - PeerSpot reviewer
Udaya Sri KariyawasamEngineering Lead - DevOps at Persistent Systems

Kaspersky is one of the Best AVs available.

Olusegun-Ajayi - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Administrator at WSTC Financial Services Limited
Easy to install, good technical support, and the notifications work well
  • "The security is very good, compared to some other products."
  • "I would like to see enhancements made with respect to the administration."

What is our primary use case?

We use this as part of our security solution.

What is most valuable?

I like the patching and the way the ports are used.

The security is very good, compared to some other products.

The notifications are good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see enhancements made with respect to the administration. We have found that when we push the installation from the server to the rest of the clients, some systems pick it up automatically and continuously maintain them, whereas other systems do not. In these cases, we have to manually install, and moreover, we still cannot manage them from the administration end. If this break in the link between the administration and the clients can be fixed then it would be better.

I have been using Kaspersky Endpoint Security for a few years.

Kaspersky is relatively stable, although I have experienced one problem. I had noticed at one point that the icon was grey and did not show any colors. I then checked the protection features and only one out of ten was active, which should not have been the case. At that point, we uninstalled and reinstalled the software, and it fixed it.

It is easy to scale the platform. We have licenses for two servers at the moment.

The technical support from Kaspersky is good.

The company started with Kaspersky and has stayed with it since then.

The initial setup is easy and it can be deployed in a few minutes.

What other advice do I have?

In general, this is a good product and I recommend it. My only complaint with it has to do with the administration problems.

Senior Manager at RQ Net MSC Sdn Bhd
Good dashboards, easy to manage, and responsive support, but DLP features need to be added

What is our primary use case?

We have about 300 nodes that are being controlled by five or six servers. Kaspersky is providing antivirus protection at the endpoints.

What is most valuable?

Using dashboards, it is very easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

Kaspersky is lacking in features for DLP and protection against ransomware.

I would like to see the inclusion of support for device management and device control.

We have been using Kaspersky for the past 14 years.

We have not experienced any bugs or glitches in the software.

We have not had issues with scalability.

We have been in contact with technical support and they are responsive.

The deployment is not difficult and we have experienced no major issues. It takes a couple of hours to deploy. One person is sufficient for deployment and maintenance.

For 300 nodes, we pay about 15,000 Malaysian Ringgit ($3,500 USD).

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution and I recommend it, although if they could provide more features like deep security, DLP, and device management, then it would be much better.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Zain Rehman - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Security Analyst at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Enables us to reduce costs and offers manufacturing control
  • "The advice I would give someone implementing this solution is that the management of the solution is very easy. You don't need a lot of people to manage the solution."
  • "This solution needs improvement in the reporting section. Reporting in Kaspersky Endpoint is good but it's not that great. The platform needs to centralize reporting control."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Kaspersky Endpoint Security. There are two products:

1. Kaspersky Skill Center (supply management)
  2. Kaspersky Endpoint Security

We use Kaspersky Endpoint Security for manual production and supply production. We also use it for additional control in manufacturing.

How has it helped my organization?

Kaspersky Endpoint Security did help us a little but there were still some problems. For example, we had problems in processing payment issues from the gateway country.

Overall, we implemented Kaspersky Endpoint Security because it enabled us to reduce costs.

What is most valuable?

The manual production is what drew us to Kaspersky Endpoint Security.

What needs improvement?

This solution needs improvement in the reporting section. Reporting in Kaspersky Endpoint is good but it's not that great. The platform needs to centralize reporting control.

They should include some BMP features, like a BD board or MP board and some D&B company in the near future. That would be good.

Three to five years.

The product is very stable and we haven't faced any issues as of now.

The scalability of Kaspersky Endpoint Security is very simple and easy. You don't need to buy a separate server or hardware. It can easily be configured.

Right now we have more than 4,500 users. Two staff members are required to maintain the solution.

Technical support with Kaspersky is really good. The response from customer support is on time. We have a Kaspersky support license, so our response time is almost two hours.

Usually, with Kaspersky customer support, we will have a solution within two hours.

We have seven countries under us. Some of the countries were using McAfee and some of the countries were using Symantec.

The initial setup is very straightforward. The deployment took only two machines and was completed in less than a month.

We used an integrator company and the experience was very good.

For ROI, we are working on some issues. Kaspersky has helped a lot. We get feeds from all over the world. We have to log these and find integrity checks in our industry.

This is also some regulatory requirement. In the end, it's also helped us plan our contribution as well. For our part, Kaspersky Endpoint Security has helped us a lot.

Our license for Kaspersky Endpoint Security is on a yearly basis. We have a yearly subscription. They have multiple options available at no additional costs.

The remote management and new client process, plus the support, led us to Kaspersky. We are very satisfied with Kaspersky products.

In the latest tests, there were some issues there. We had decided to go with Kasperksy, but we reevaluated McAfee, Symantec, and other solutions. In the end, we chose Kasperksy.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give someone implementing this solution is that the management of the solution is very easy. You don't need a lot of people to manage the solution.

Everything can be done with Kaspersky Endpoint Security. The good thing is that the epicenter of support staff doesn't have to go climbing through the issues.

They make it very easy for us to manage solutions. I would rate it 8.5 out of 10.

Information Security Analyst at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
The signature update is done securely, but there are performance issues affecting the server speed
  • "The signature update is done securely."
  • "There have been some performance issues. They provide good security, but this slows down the performance of machines' servers. The software is not updating as frequently as we need."

What is most valuable?

The signature update is done securely.

What needs improvement?

There are some issues that recently happened with this solution. The American government and other countries banned Kaspersky, since it is a Russian product, and customers lost their confidence in it.

There is too much deviation from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Kaspersky could provide more training for the local support.

Three to five years.

It is very stable. I have no complaints when it comes to stability.

Scalability is good, but if I want to update any patch or update for 2000 to 3000 machines, it can be difficult sometimes. If it is below 2000 machines, then it is fine.

In our organization, we have 3000 users utilizing the product.

The local support that they have here are great, especially for on-premise. If I call them, they can reach us very quickly. The issue is that they aren't always so knowledgeable. Kaspersky didn't provide enough training for them.

The initial setup was straightforward, not so complex.

Pricing and licensing is competitive. It's not so different from its competitors.

At the moment, we don't have any alternatives that we are considering.

What other advice do I have?

Think about the performance issues first. If I have a very good solution, but it slows down your server performance, then the productivity of your place will go down. The performance issues should be considered. Scalability should also be considered, then security issues.

We are not happy with this solution and want it to change.

ICT Manager at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Will not hurt the overall performance of the end user by hurting the speed of their machine
  • "We used to have a lot of phishing attacks and all these kind of things for end-users so we decided that we needed endpoint security. We evaluated some solutions and found that Kaspersky is the most appropriate in terms of endpoint security and the speed of the user machine. The encryption is a major factor from our end."
  • "There should be some AI involved. We already have machine learning involved in recent releases but machine learning should be more enhanced in the upcoming versions."

What is our primary use case?

It doesn't slow down your machine's speed for the end user which is why we chose Kaspersky. It's performing great.

How has it helped my organization?

We used to have a lot of phishing attacks and all these kind of things for end users so we decided that we needed endpoint security. We evaluated some solutions and found that Kaspersky is the most appropriate in terms of endpoint security and the speed of the user machine. The encryption is a major factor from our end.

What is most valuable?

The encryption is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The logs should be more simplified and more interactive for the end user. These are the areas I feel they need to improve on.

Stability is very good as of now. Kaspersky has some cool features that every organization needs to adopt as far as endpoint security is concerned.

I've had a good impression of the scalability.

Our first point of contact for support is from our partners. We mostly deal with them.

We have multiple criteria when choosing a solution. First of all the scalability of the solution is the main criteria for me, then the technical support, especially customer service. Lastly, the ease of use is important for us.

The initial setup was quite easy. We only needed some material that was available online and there wasn't any issue when installing Kaspersky. It was quite easy, a normal IT person can do it.

We evaluated two or three vendors before choosing Kaspersky. We chose Kaspersky because of the impact of endpoint machines. Usually, endpoint security software hurts the speed of the user's system while running scans but Kaspersky does not. Another reason we went with Kaspersky is because of the cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. An eight because of the ease of usability, the deployment is easier than other solutions and because the artificial intelligence is more stable than other solutions and finally, because of the scalability.

Kaspersky will not be a headache for your IT team and it will not hurt the overall performance of the end user by hurting the speed of their machine. It is quite simple to implement and manage.

it_user964356 - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Help Desk at Elsewedy Electric Algerie
Improves security for our mobile and VMware infrastructure
  • "It helps to improve our security for our mobile and VMware infrastructure. The remote tasks are great."
  • "The reports aren't so good. To make it a perfect ten they should improve the reports and web interface."

What is our primary use case?

Kaspersky has performed nicely, we haven't had any issues with the end user. Our primary use case is for the detection features.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• Deployment
  • Reports
  • Detection

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an enhanced web platform.

The reports and email notifications have room for improvement.

Three to five years.

Stability is very good. We haven't had any problems.

I haven't had to use their technical support yet.

We have only used Kaspersky. The criteria that was important to us when considering a solution was that it would be easy to use and that it would have easy upgrades.

The initial setup was easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of ten. The reports aren't so good. To make it a perfect ten they should improve the reports and web interface.

Gama A. Gunawan - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Support Supervisor at PT. Tokai Rubber Indonesia
Enables us to detect a virus on all of the systems

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for monitoring.

How has it helped my organization?

Before Kaspersky, I had to control each PC one by one but now it's just one update and it can detect a virus on all of the systems.

What is most valuable?

The blocking feature is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

It needs more computer resources. They should have more anti-spam features.

Less than one year.

It's a little more expensive compared to other anti-virus competitors like Symantec.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. Not a ten because it needs more computer resources.

Antony Muturi - PeerSpot reviewer
ICT/HMIS Supervisor at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
The centralized management enables freedom to deal with the protection.
  • "The centralized management is a nice features. It gives us the leeway to deal with other things as protection is being carried on in the background. We do not have to keep on watching as long as we have the right updates. It also saves us time."
  • "If someone has the older version of the solution, and wants to install a newer version, they must remove all of the previous applications. Otherwise, there will be issues with the solution."

What is our primary use case?

A networked environment with workstations in remote stations. The organisation has a HQ where the IT centrally manages resources with AV being one of the resources.

How has it helped my organization?

The centralized management is a nice feature. It gives us the leeway to deal with other things as protection is being carried on in the background. We do not have to keep watching, as long as we have the right updates. In addition, it saves us time.

What is most valuable?

The centralised management console. Ability to discover machines and see their realtime state. Integration with AD also helps in identifying sources of infection and acting appropriately

What needs improvement?

If someone has the older version of the solution, and wants to install a newer version, they must remove all of the previous applications. Otherwise, there will be issues with the solution in the long run. There should be a remover tool that is embedded on the agent. Then, it could check on incompatible previous versions and remove the same on the background. This needs improvement. There have been cases where one installs newer versions on top of existing version e.g 10.2 on top of 10.1 going onto 11.0 the upgrades will refuse to install requiring one to clean the machine of any trace of Kaspersky using the removal tool. In settings where centralised management is used the requirement that you handle an single computer is time consuming. I just want to be pushing the patches and upgrades without a hustle.

I think that there are issues of agents and the upgrades.

The stability is OK. I have not had any crashing at all. I also have not had to repair the application. Any patches that I have to do, I do it and move on.

Scaling is fine.

The licensing is fine, and it is well within reasonable rates.

Branch Manager with 10,001+ employees
A stable solution with good firewall protection

How has it helped my organization?

It performs quite well as a firewall protection provider.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better reporting.

So far, the stability is good.

I personally have not used tech support, but my colleagues have. There are not too many issues necessary for us to contact tech support.

What other advice do I have?

I would say that the variety of features that Kaspersky provides is a benefit to any user.

IT Infrastructure Manager at a construction company with 51-200 employees
Cost-effective solution for endpoint protection
  • "We have gained advanced threat protection without investing more into that area."
  • "It's does not have the architecture or structure to scale up."
  • "I would like to have more forensic features. For example, if we are hit by an attack, I would like to have tools to investigate what kind of attack, who has attacked, how it was attacked, and what we could do to stop this kind of attack in the future. I would like to have more forensics capability built into Kaspersky."

How has it helped my organization?

This solution hasn't really been improved any functionality on the organizational level except that there are no complaints related to the endpoint protection. With the new update, they have incorporated some advanced protection and behavior detection. We have gained advanced threat protection without investing more into it.

What is most valuable?

According to my security engineer, Kaspersky essentially protects the devices. Before Kaspersky, we had other solutions that always had some problems with phishing, malware, and other threats. After using Kaspersky, we never have those issues.

Prior to using this solution, we also had performance complaints from users. Now, with Kaspersky, we never have performance issues. I would say it is the protection. Yes, there is the ability to protect against normal malware and the performance of the endpoint. It doesn't degrade any performance while working.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have more forensic features. For example, if we are hit by an attack, I would like to have tools to investigate what kind of attack, who has attacked, how it was attacked, and what we could do to stop this kind of attack in the future. I would like to have more forensics capability built into Kaspersky.

On a scale of one to nine, I would give this solution a nine. It is highly stable. It is live, and constantly updating and stable.

In terms of scalability, I would not give it such a high rating. I would rate it a four out of ten. If I want to scale beyond, let's say 500 times, then I will have to read, and do my back-end. It does not have the architecture or structure to scale up.

The initial setup was not easy. We had to consult a help-desk during the process.

It is a cost-effective product.

We switched to Kaspersky because we had issues with other solutions. There were performance issues amongst other things. We switched to Kaspersky because we researched other opinions.

Because of our security information, it is a good idea not to have a single endpoint protection solution for a long time. It is good to change the endpoint solution, after three or four years, for example. There should be a change in the endpoint solution because, let's say, most vendors are good at forensics. They also have a forensic ability. Some of them are very good at addressing malware protection, but not forensics. Kaspersky can do both.

Senior Manager Business Productivity, IT with 5,001-10,000 employees
The central management policies of this product are valuable to us
  • "We swtiched to Kaspersky Endpoint Security because we found our previous solution did not meet our requirements."
  • "I think it would be good for them to consider and cloud integration capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution is to use a large enterprise endpoint protection for our computers and servers.

What is most valuable?

I value the modular capability to house the network, device, web and email protection. Additionally, the central management policies are valuable.

What needs improvement?

We have experienced problems with downloads and integration in the past. I think it would be good for them to consider cloud integration capabilities.

More than five years.

The stability of this product on a scale of one to five, is a four.

I would rate the scalability as a four out of five stars.

We use a local partner who helps us with tech support. We are happy with the services they have provided.

We switched to Kaspersky Endpoint Security because we found our previous solution did not meet our requirements.

The initial setup was difficult, because we did not know the product.

When choosing a product, we review product functionality, financial concerns and effective deployment. We looked at McAfee and others.

Manager ICT Solution at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
It has improved our performance and deployment
  • "Deployment and centralized management are essential for us because of the number of loads that we have along with the number of geographic locations where we are based."
  • "It has improved our performance and deployment."
  • "I would like to see machine learning and AI as added features."
  • "There are some features built into Kaspersky that do not work at all, so we have to use other products instead."

What is our primary use case?

Kaspersky is fairly good with endpoint management. Though, we do not use Kaspersky at our mail security levels because our mail security is done by another product that we use.

So far, performance has been okay. We just updated to the latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our performance and deployment.

What is most valuable?

• The main thing for us is that we get our reporting.
  • Deployment and centralized management are essential for us because of the number of loads that we have along with the number of geographic locations where we are based.
  • If any policy has been breached, it will send you a report.

What needs improvement?

• I would like to see machine learning and AI as added features.
  • It would be nice if they had a separate email security solution (instead of only their cloud edition), similar to what Forcepoint and Trend Micro have.
  • I would rate their encryption as a one out of 10. It needs a lot of improvement.
  • There are some features built into Kaspersky that do not work at all, so we have to use other products instead.

Three to five years.

It is a fairly stable product.

There have been some disturbances going on in the market due to potential leaking of information, but I don't think we are very much concerned about what's happening in the global space. We know our data is secure at our level. We backing up our data and it is doing its job

It is a scalable product. We have been able to create a number of groups where we were to allow policies and deny policies. Another solution did allow us to do this, but we found it was not user-friendly.

The technical support is not very good. I think my mind fixes things before they get it together. I would rate the technical support as a three or four out of 10.

In the past, we went with Trend Micro. It was okay, but we needed a change, and we opted for Kaspersky. It had a lot more features from an endpoint management standpoint. We found it better in terms of deployment. Normally, with the other solutions, we would face issues with deployment.

The initial setup was not a problem for my team.

The vendor came in to help initially, but in the end, we set it up ourselves.

I don't think it is a good product from a support standpoint.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

1. The product should work and do what it promises.
  2. The vendor and product should have a roadmap.
  3. Support.
Senior IT Supervisor at a hospitality company with 10,001+ employees
It is an efficient and stable product
  • "It is very efficient. I like its simplicity."
  • "We would like to know where attacks are coming from."
  • "It is hard to maintain the software and upgrade."

What is our primary use case?

Kaspersky performs well. While heavy on the client, it is very efficient.

How has it helped my organization?

It works better than the previous solution.

What is most valuable?

It is very efficient. I like its simplicity.

What needs improvement?

• We would like to know where attacks are coming from.
  • It is hard to maintain the software and upgrade.
  • Sometimes, there are issues with filtering. E.g., I want to take out the message for an exclusion. Sometimes, this exclusion might become hard, because I use a lot of internal software, or the software is post positive.

Three to five years.

The product is very stable.

The scalability is good.

I have never used technical support.

We were previously using Symantec. I switched to Kaspersky because it was simpler and more efficient.

The initial setup was complex.

I received a very good deal with Kaspersky.

While I would recommend Kaspersky, I am now looking for a more complete solution as my business grows. I am looking for something that gives me the protection I need and an entire view of our network. I am currently looking at Trend Micro and Carbon Black.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting endpoint security vendors

• Dependable
  • Good reviews.
it_user877110 - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Supervisor
Helps minimize breach of data and stabilize our network

What is our primary use case?

To protect my endpoint computer.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps minimize breach of data and stabilize our network.

What is most valuable?

Device protection.

What needs improvement?

Web Control and vulnerability need work.

it_user874107 - PeerSpot reviewer
Risk Management Specialist
Provides anti-spam, trojan/worm detection/prevention but CPU and memory usage need work
  • "Antivirus, including anti-spam, trojan, and worm detection and prevention. Kaspersky has a comprehensive virus definition update which is very helpful for threat prevention."
  • "The need to re-engineer the source code to reduce CPU and memory usage. Other areas for improvement include a data-loss prevention solution, enhanced application control, enhanced device control, an endpoint encryption solution, an advanced persistent threats (APT) solution, and an all-in-one solution with one pricing scheme for corporate and enterprise business needs."

What is our primary use case?

For preventing virus spreads in our networks (servers and PCs). In my experience, Kaspersky products have comprehensive and quick zero-day response for global and local (Indonesia) threats, including spam, Trojans, worms, etc.

My environment consists of 30 servers and 200 PCs and laptops with no USB and CD/DVD media restriction. Eighty percent of all clients have internet connection without any restriction policy.

How has it helped my organization?

Decreases IT threats, incidents from outside the environment as well as internal. Reduces cost and time when handling incidents, including mitigation, restore backup, recovery, reducing/preventing file/data error caused by the threat.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The need to re-engineer the source code to reduce CPU and memory usage. Other areas for improvement include a data-loss prevention solution, enhanced application control, enhanced device control, an endpoint security encryption solution, an advanced persistent threats (APT) solution, and an all-in-one solution with one pricing scheme for corporate and enterprise business needs.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it at seven out of 10. It would be an eight if they could decrease memory and CPU usage.

CISO at a religious institution with 501-1,000 employees
Blocks a lot of malware which would have interrupted our operations
  • "Kaspersky Enterprise solution's combined protections have helped to block a lot of malware which would have caused a lot of interruptions in our operations."
  • "The solution is very draining on the computers at certain moments in its operation, excluding the scanning periods that make the computer unusable until finished. It is a balance between economic protection and client machine performance to our users."

What is our primary use case?

Endpoint antivirus and malware protection for mobile users and their laptop computers. We have experimented with mobile devices, but have not needed to establish corporate protections on mobiles until recently.

How has it helped my organization?

Kaspersky has proven to offer very good protection to all our PC users. We also have it installed on our Mac clients and it is performing well.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution is very draining on the computers at certain moments in its operation, excluding the scanning periods that make the computer unusable until finished. It is a balance between economic protection and client machine performance to our users. Most of the time, it is an excellent solution.

it_user854691 - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Support Specialist
User
The user interface is easy to maintain once it is setup

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved my organization because the admin tools are easy to use.

What is most valuable?

The admin tools are the most valuable feature because they are easy to use.

It allows for a solid form of risk management as well as a measure of remote device management. It is very hands off, which I appreciate.

What needs improvement?

Utilizing the CPU usages during the scan process needs to be improved.

The customer service is solid. I have never had a problem getting through to someone. They have always been able to help me with any problems or questions.

• Custom package deployments
  • The user interface is easy to maintain once it is setup.
  • The Client is very low-resource. Some of the systems that I have deployed it on are older, and it does not eat up a lot of system resources.

it_user824838 - PeerSpot reviewer
IT System Engineer at a energy/utilities company with 51-200 employees
User
Initially, it did greatly improve the security, however, signature-based malware prevention is not very useful anymore
  • "Especially the firewalling, I found useful, as you can control the applications and services on a granular level to tell them where they have access to or not."
  • "The policies are easy to make and controlled by the Kaspersky Administrative Security Center, which comes at no additional costs."
  • "Malware protection for Kaspersky should be revolutionized, where they no longer work with signatures, but with more advanced ways of detecting malware, such as Cylance or Traps from Palo Alto."
  • "It is not very good for the performance of the system, and especially with older devices, it has a noticeable impact."

What is our primary use case?

Since introduced years ago, it has been used to prevent various types of malware infections. It has also introduced additional features for firewalling to better control applications regarding network activities.

How has it helped my organization?

Initially, it did greatly improve the security. However, as many of us know, signature-based malware prevention is not very useful anymore. Aside from not stopping all threats, it is not very good for the performance of the system, and especially with older devices, it has a noticeable impact. But in regard to other legacy solutions, I do believe Kaspersky is one of the better ones.

it_user772521 - PeerSpot reviewer
ICT Assistant
​Securing our network is easier since we have divided the task between the antivirus and the overall network firewall
  • "I can easily manage over 300 computers antivirus from my desk."
  • "From time to time, some users loose connection via the Network Agent."

How has it helped my organization?

Securing our network is now easier since we have divided the task between the antivirus and the overall network firewall. This means different people can focus on the different lines of defense, hence enhancing security.

What is most valuable?

• Network Agent
  • Over the network deployment
  • Monitoring
  • Reporting
  • Manipulation

I can easily manage over 300 computers antivirus from my desk. I am able to see detected viruses, run disinfection, and scans remotely. I am able to troubleshoot Kaspersky Antivirus installed on workstations from my desk by uninstalling, starting tasks, communicating with computer users (Network Message), and viewing and deploying to those who are not installed. Updates are also run on a schedule and this saves on bandwidth usage since some updates from the KSC dbase.

What needs improvement?

From time to time, some users loose connection via the Network Agent. This gives us a tough time, since they are in different localities, so we have to run tasks and sometimes manually re-establish the NetAgent connection.

Three years.

At first, the whole centre concept was new to me, but the documentation really helped as I had a smooth time catching up. I also once lost a KSC server as it crashed and I had to redo all the setup since I had learnt about the backup method. However, the KSC team was and continues to be of great help via their assistance from the company account.

Yes, but it was largely our network settings. Setting up the slave servers is a headache if the network is not well-configured.

The support is very good. A 10 out of 10.

This is the solution I found when I joined the organization, so it is hard to tell if it was a switch.

Straightforward, since I used the provided manual/documentation guide.

It is quite standard, because we use the volume licensing.

Not applicable.

What other advice do I have?

It is very reliable, user-friendly endpoint security software. I recommend it to any administrator.

Information Security Director at a financial services firm
We have not encountered any issues with stability or scalability during our usage
  • "It has many features, like deploying a package to many clients, an MDM solution, etc."
  • "They can improve the zero-day exploit to be more effective."

How has it helped my organization?

We mostly use the product as an antivirus solution. With Kaspersky Security Network (KSN), we are protected against most new threats.

What is most valuable?

Beside being an antivirus solution, it is an endpoint solution. Therefore, it has many features, like deploying a package to many clients, an MDM solution, etc.

What needs improvement?

They can improve the zero-day exploit to be more effective.

We have been using this product for five years.

For five years, we have not had any stability issues.

For five years, we have not had any scalability issues.

Support is actually quick. They try to find the solution fast and comfort you when a problem arises.

No, we did not use another solution before.

The setup was simple. After the setup, you also need to configure rules based on your company needs.

The licensing is based per agent. You can get discounts if you have more agents.

We evaluate NOD32, Symantec, and McAfee along with this product.

What other advice do I have?

If they need more than an antivirus solution (like MDM and package deployment), they can still consider the product.

Nadeem Syed - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at Haniya Technologies
It is very stable, and effective in combating spam, viruses, and Trojans

What is most valuable?

• Antivirus engine
  • Center Management
  • Security Center

How has it helped my organization?

It is very stable, and effective in combating spam, viruses, Trojans, etc.

What needs improvement?

Data loss prevention (DLP) in email security.

Nine years.

No issues.

No issues.

An eight out of 10 for technical support.

Yes, we used a different solution. We changed it because it went down in support and providing up-to-date information.

It is a mixture of both. You must know some information about installing a client server application in a WAN environment. You can use the guide as well to deploy the product.

Pricing is very competitive and licensing is very much ethical.

Trend Micro, McAfee, and Sophos.

What other advice do I have?

Must have an up-to-date system and should have minimum a mid-size range server.

Download our free Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022