Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is the #11 ranked solution in EDR tools. PeerSpot users give Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is most commonly compared to Trend Micro XDR: Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response vs Trend Micro XDR. Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 52% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response?

Digitally transforming enterprises are valuable targets for cybercriminals. Today, just uncovering and blocking individual threats as they arise isn’t enough - defending yourself successfully against complex threats at the earliest possible stage requires root cause analysis. Implementing the full endpoint protection cycle, from automatic threat blocking to complex incident response, means supplementing preventive technologies with advanced defense capabilities. Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) provides comprehensive visibility across all endpoints on the corporate network, enabling the automation of routine tasks in order to discover, prioritize, investigate and neutralize advanced threats. The result is a significant increase in the speed and effectiveness of incident processing, at no extra cost.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response was previously known as Kaspersky EDR.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Customers
Ferrari, Insolar, Tael, Republic of Serbia
Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Video

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response pricing:
  • "The solution is worth its cost so I rate pricing a ten out of ten."
  • "There is an annual license to use Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response. The price overall is a bit expensive when compared to other solutions. There are not any additional fees other than the license."
  • "Pricing for Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is so-so when you compare it with its competitors. Its pricing isn't cheap nor expensive."
  • Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Reviews

Founding Partner at Xmartlab
    Easy to manage, simple to set up, and expands well
    • "The solution is scalable."
    • "I would like better integration with other products."

What is our primary use case?

Clients are using this product to protect their desktops and laptops and to respond adequately when some vulnerabilities are detected as exploited.

What is most valuable?

We like the automated change of policies, given some scenarios. It is wonderful. You can rely upon your automated policies being activated if you need to. If you are under attack, or maybe some ransomware is spreading across your network, and you want your endpoints to become more secure given that threat, you get good protection. It's maybe the most important feature of Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response.

It's easy to set up.

The solution is scalable.

It's easy to manage and monitor the endpoints.

What needs improvement?

I would like better integration with other products. For example, I would like to have another view in SolarWinds or Datadog. Integration is not easy. I'd like it to be simplified.

We do not need any additional features.

The business plan maybe could be improved. They need to change the way they sell the product. They could be better friends with their partners. A partner is not somebody who sells this product. It is usually somebody who manages this product for the end user or the end company that is predicting the assets. The role that a partner plays in this interaction is very important. They need to work to build that relationship to benefit the solution and the client. They should also offer better margins.

We've been dealing with the solution since 2019. It's been around three years.

EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response)
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Kaspersky, Fortinet, Microsoft and others in EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response). Updated: November 2022.
    657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is a very stable solution. The most important thing about stability is not if the product runs or stops running, it is the time window you need to be prepared for new threats. They offer good protection, which makes the product very stable. Kaspersky's usually the first in distributing the indicators of compromise of the newest threats.

The solution can scale well.  It is easy to deploy and manage a large number of endpoints running just a few tasks. You are very aware of what is happening with the threats in your institution. There's a lot of visibility.

Technical support can be improved. When you need support, when you call for support, and you present the evidence in a ticket, they always come back with more questions. They ask you for more evidence, and you have to go and collect it. You get to a point where you want to say, "Oh, just forget it, I don't need more support from you. You always ask me for more, more, more data."

I would like to see a solution. I don't want to do all of this legwork and not get any help.

Neutral

The console is very easy. The deployment is easy as well. If you have an active directory or something like that, or if you have previously installed the Kaspersky network agent, it's quite simple. If not, even if you don't have any of those, maybe if you have some software policy to deploy over your assets, it should also be easy. Otherwise, you have to go endpoint by endpoint running the agents. That can take time.

The maintenance is pretty straightforward. If I have 5,000 endpoints, I need one engineer to handle the console installation for, maybe a week's worth of work. The endpoints could take two or three people to deploy in the company. If you can centralize the deployment, it will only take two or three days for one engineer to handle the setup.

I don't have any details in regard to ROI.

What other advice do I have?

We are a partner of Kaspersky.

We always work with the latest version of the solution.

It's a wonderful product if you have a proper partner to handle it. If you let the product run by itself, by itself, it won't protect you. You need someone on this product with a hand on it every day, checking policies and seeing how it works. That's the only way to be protected from threats.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Paolo Cozzi - PeerSpot reviewer
    ICT Manager at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
    The SD engine is powerful but the 32-bit, signature-based format is outdated
    • "The detection engine running on endpoints works very well and provides a good protection level."
    • "It is not easy to follow the kill chain of a potential infection or malware."

What is our primary use case?

Our company uses the solution for endpoint detection. We started with the cloud service but our experience was not very positive so we moved to the on-premises solution.

What is most valuable?

The detection engine running on endpoints works very well and provides a good protection level. We had several infection attempts but all were captured and blocked by the solution with no ransomware or malware running wild in our network.

The SD engine is very powerful and profound.

The solution can integrate with external SIM solutions or external SOCs like CrowdStrike or Microsoft Defender.

What needs improvement?

The interfacing for remote endpoints could be improved because it does not work very smoothly.

It is not easy to follow the kill chain of a potential infection or malware. We would like to be able to roll back and analyze all the steps in the chain.

The on-premises solution is not fully aligned with the web-based option that includes a feature-rich interface. For example, you can analyze better on the web console than with the on-premises management console.

It is complex to implement remote endpoints for visitors who have devices that are outside the control of your network but are on-premises. The solution did not even offer this until recently but instead provided an additional solution for integrating the functionality. The solution needs to focus on providing a completely cloud-based solution like CrowdStrike, SentinelOne, and Microsoft Defender.

The solution still works on the old signature-based antivirus format but modern options like CrowdStrike, SentinelOne, and Microsoft Defender are behavioral analysis tools that are completely signature-less. The solution is losing customers because it has not reacted quickly enough to the modern format.

I have been using the solution for three years.

The solution is stable. We had a couple of issues with the SD engine failing which caused users to experience a lowering of endpoint service.

The solution is a very mature product and not a new player like CrowdStrike. Features have been added on a rather old engine or structure that runs on 32 bits.

If you have a 64-bit operating system like the newer Windows, you need an engine aligned with this architecture.

We have 150 endpoints so have not reached a level where we need to scale up. The next level is at 500 or 1,000 endpoints.

We are lucky to have direct access with Kaspersky.

We opened tickets with support a couple of times and their reactiveness was fine but not first level.

Neutral

I had prior experience with the solution so setup was easy because the management console has not changed much over the years.

In general, the initial setup is a bit cumbersome. You can start easily but might need help creating different profiles, accessing old features, or realizing the solution's full potential.

It is useful to have guidance from a business partner or the vendor directly. In our case, we were lucky to have support from the vendor.

We worked with the vendor for our implementation.

Ongoing maintenance is easily managed by two technicians.

The solution is worth its cost so I rate pricing a ten out of ten.

We did a comparison before provisioning the solution, but it was not profound. We needed to move from our prior solution due to regulatory issues and constraints so had to make a quick decision.

We are currently evaluating other options, not from a technical point of view but because of the war. Companies in Ukraine have constraints that are forcing us to move from Russian software providers.

What other advice do I have?

I rate the solution a six out of ten.

EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response)
    November 2022
    657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Gaman Kithsiri - PeerSpot reviewer
    Chief Information Officer at Ideal Group
    Plenty of features, reliable, and helpful support
    • "The most valuable features of Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response are all the features. The features have all helped us and most recently malware has been an issue in our company and malware protection has been effective."
    • "Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response should continue to improve its protection while adapting to the changing threat ecosystems. Having more advanced features would be a benefit."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response for threat protection.

How has it helped my organization?

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response has helped our company in many ways. Since we have been using this solution has have not had issues compared to other solutions we have used.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response are all the features. The features have all helped us and most recently malware has been an issue in our company and malware protection has been effective.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response for approximately four years.

The stability of Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is good.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is scalable.

We have approximately 250 end-user accounts with ten servers using this solution. we have a combination of people using the solutions, such as IT specialists, business users, operation staff, marketing personnel, marketing team, compliance officers, finance, and general IT personnel.

Next year, we will look at the number of new users, and what's required for the company. The company is in the process of improving the business, opening more and more branches in Ireland. There are another 30 to 40 users to be added to the package in the future.

The support we are receiving from Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response has been very good.

We were previously using ESET Antivirus and we were having a lot of problems. Since we migrated to Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response we have been protected very well.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response has a simple setup. We deployed the solution in approximately one day.

We have a separate server receiving day-to-day, updates and patches. Then we have in Ireland, a branch network where it is connected. We have an agent server that is connected to the main server. From the main server, it pushes the day-to-day update to the particular agent server. From the agent server, it will push to the endpoint user devices.

We used a vendor support team of two people and our IT team of two for the implementation of the solution.

I have not quantified the ROI. However, I was using another solution previously with a potential for user data loss and now I do not experience this. We have been clean since we have been using Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response and in this sense, we have received a return on investment benefit.

There is an annual license to use Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response. The price overall is a bit expensive when compared to other solutions. There are not any additional fees other than the license.

I rate the price of Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response a three out of five.

We did evaluate other solutions before choosing Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend others to use this solution.

I rate Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response an eight out of ten.

I cannot give a security solution a ten out of ten because the threat stage is always changing and the protection could fail at any time. There is always room for improvement.

Udom In - PeerSpot reviewer
    Information Technology Manager at The Olympia Medical hub
    Good blocking capabilities and patching but needs better support
    • "The performance for Kaspersky is good, and it's not impacted our client performance."
    • "There are some cases that take three days to deal with. It's too long."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

In the software that I use at Kaspersky, we have some options that we made to our client LiDAR for the block patching, and we can close the high chain.

The endpoint protection can update the patching from this server directly to the client, and every employee.

It offers good blocking capabilities.

The upper patching is excellent.

What needs improvement?

We have some problems with LiDAR. When we do the install, or reinstall the server console, or server endpoint protection, I don't know why we need to reinstall it.

Even though we installed, or did a new install for the server endpoint protection features, we use some small PDO or some patching to upgrade it in the employee protection clients if that's in.

I need a local expert. I'm looking for more experts to be able to apply it to certain solutions that we understand already. In order to meet our requirements, we need more experts.

There are some cases that take three days to deal with. It's too long.

I've used the solution for as long as I've been at the company - about one year.

While the client is stable, for the console management, we have some problems with LiDAR. Sometimes, we installed it and had a problem and we need to reinstall it. In the last hour, the client can not do the configuration yet we need to add clients into the platform.

We don't find it to have enough space.

We have below 100 people on the solution.

Technical support is not too bad. I can say that it is in the middle of the road. They can be slow to respond.

Neutral

The initial setup is very straightforward.

We used either an integrator or consultant. We had help from a third party and didn't handle the entire implementation ourselves.

The pricing is good. I'd rate it four out of five in terms of affordability.

We did compare Kaspersky EDR with other software vendors.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and end-user.

I would rate the solution a seven out of ten. If we had more local expertise and better support, it would be better.

Muhammad Ali Aziz - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Manager Cyber Security Services & Solutions at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
    Reseller
    Their products are generally effective in guessing attacks or thwarting different types of unknown malicious techniques
    • "The most valuable feature of Kaspersky EDR is its simplicity. The console is easy to use and not very complex."
    • "Kaspersky EDR currently has limited OS support. They only focus on Windows Server and Windows. Kaspersky recently released a Linux version, but it's rudimentary. It does not have any advanced features available on Windows platforms. They should increase their footprint on the Linux side and support other operating systems on the market, like MacOS."

What is our primary use case?

Kaspersky EDR is a targeted solution that collects telemetry and forensics data as well as end-to-end IoCs. It does not use any signatures.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Kaspersky EDR is its simplicity. The console is easy to use and not very complex.

What needs improvement?

Kaspersky EDR currently has limited OS support. They only focus on Windows Server and Windows. Kaspersky recently released a Linux version, but it's rudimentary. It does not have any advanced features available on Windows platforms. They should increase their footprint on the Linux side and support other operating systems on the market, like MacOS.

I have been using Kaspersky EDR for about four or five years.

Performance is one area where Kaspersky has room for improvement. The solution must be fast when it's acquiring telemetry data because the attack surface is unforgiving. The solution must be extremely fast with a high response time.

Kaspersky is scalable, but it lacks built-in high availability and disaster recovery. Currently, you need a third-party solution to provide high availability.

I rate Kaspersky support eight out of 10. We have never had any serious issues with their support. They take some time to respond, but they always provide the best solution.

Positive

Setting up Kaspersky isn't straightforward, but their guide is good. The documentation is fairly well-defined, so we just need to follow that. At the same time, it isn't easy because sometimes there are errors. I rate Kaspersky EDR six out of 10 for ease of installation.

The license is competitive. Pricing is another Kaspersky advantage.

There is a lot of competition in the EDR category. As resellers in the industry for so long, we're aware of the various products to choose from. Kaspersky's strong point is detection. They have a huge threat intelligence and R&D team. Their threat detection is among the industry's best. Their products are generally effective in guessing attacks or detecting different types of unknown malicious techniques.  They also have a great sandbox with their EDR solution.

Their weakness is performance, but detection is one of the best in the industry, if not the best. Kaspersky is always at the top of any third-party analysis of EDR products.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response eight out of 10.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Integrator / Reseller
    Information Security Officer at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
    Helped us prevent ATM looting
    • "My impression of the stability of this solution is good. We have not had any issues with stability."
    • "I would like to integrate Kaspersky with my Log Collector SIEM. Right now that's not possible."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky for our cash machines, 200 of which we have around the country. We use it to control the USB ports so nobody can use them without authorization from the owner.

Currently, we implementing a new use case concerning our response when we get an alert.

What is most valuable?

In the past year, many banks have seen cases of ATM looting. We wanted to prevent that, which is why we implemented Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response. We are a bank and we haven't had any issues like the orders. Kaspersky helped us a lot. It helped up prevent unauthorized USB port usage.

What needs improvement?

I would like to integrate Kaspersky with my Log Collector SIEM. Right now that's not possible.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response could also introduce a way to make working in teams more accessible. At the same time, it would be interesting to see them explore artificial intelligence solutions.

I have been using this solution for two years.

We have not had any performance issues and our board really likes the solution. Our facility and technical support teams use this solution as they manage the cash machines.

I think they are good and we haven't had any problems with them. We haven't had any critical issues that would have required us to call the US technical support of US; we have only been in touch with local technical support.

We previously used Sophos, Crowdstrike, and Microsoft Defender. The most important reason we transitioned to Kaspersky is the agent that is installed in the end points on the cash machine. The Kaspersky agent is really soft. With the others, we noticed that their agents would stop, so that made a big difference.

We used three or four people to deploy and maintain the solution.

Our current monthly costs are $1,000.

What other advice do I have?

You have to be really informed about the process of using this tool before deploying. With our use case with the cash machines, for example, implementing the white list could have been really hard work for us if we had not had previous experience with it.

Product Manager at Tech Titan Distribution Co., Ltd.
    Reseller
    Reliable, stable, and can identify any attack
    • "What I like best about Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is that it can detect any cyber attack and that it's a reliable product in the cybersecurity space. My company has confidence in it as a product for detecting all cyber attacks. It's a reliable product."
    • "An area for improvement in Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is its technical support because currently, technical support is delayed."

What is our primary use case?

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is used for detecting cyber attacks.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement in Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is its technical support because currently, technical support is delayed.

My experience with Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is three or four years, and I'm still working with it.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is a stable product because I didn't see any issues when I was using it.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response can be scaled to other solutions, for example, we used an antivirus first, then expanded to EDR using the same console and same server for management, and in the future, we can top it up with a sandbox solution on the same console.

The technical support provided for Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response needs to be faster.

Setting up Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is easy. You can deploy it from the server or the main console. How long the deployment of the tool would take would depend on the network traffic during deployment and on the endpoint quantity.

Pricing for Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is so-so when you compare it with its competitors. Its pricing isn't cheap nor expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a product manager that handles Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response. My company is a distributor and reseller of the product in Thailand.

I don't remember the exact version number of Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response, but I'm using its latest version.

My rating for Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is eight out of ten.

If I had the chance to speak to others, my advice would be to use Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response.

Other
    Malose Ledwaba - PeerSpot reviewer
    Database Manager at Ppc Cement
    Good security that runs quietly in the background and is not hard to set up
    • "It helps improve security in our organization."
    • "The solution could always be more secure."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for security purposes, as an antivirus. It prevents threats to our business. Our aim is to make sure that our machines are protected at all times.

What is most valuable?

It's just running in the background. It doesn't bother us, and we don't even notice it is there.

It helps improve security in our organization. The protection on offer is good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The solution could always be more secure. Every antivirus solution could be, as things are always dynamically changing. There is always a new risk on the horizon.

I've used the solution for over three years.

The solution is stable. It is reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. We haven't had any issues at all.

I can't speak to the scalability of the product. It's not an aspect that I handle.

We have about 1,000 people on the solution right now.

We do not plan to increase usage. It depends on the number of employees that we have. If the number increases, then we usually increase usage since any machine that comes into our network must have an antivirus on it.

I've never dealt with support. I can't speak to how their services are.

It is simple to set up and configure. We haven't had any issues with the process. it's not complex.

I'm not sure how long it took to deploy.

There are three people in our organization that can deploy and maintain the product.

We have enough people in terms of implementation and management as we have multiple sites that are managed by different people.

What other advice do I have?

We tend to use the latest version of the solution in our organization. I can't speak to the exact version number.

I would recommend the solution to others. I tested it on my personal computer before and found it worked fine. It's a reputable antivirus. I don't have a problem with it.

As a customer, I am satisfied. I'd rate it nine out of ten.

Download our free EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Kaspersky, Fortinet, Microsoft, and more!
    Updated: November 2022