IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is #11 ranked solution in EDR tools. PeerSpot users give Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response an average rating of 8 out of 10. Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is most commonly compared to Trend Micro XDR: Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response vs Trend Micro XDR. Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 50% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 36% of all views.

Download the Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response?

Digitally transforming enterprises are valuable targets for cybercriminals. Today, just uncovering and blocking individual threats as they arise isn’t enough - defending yourself successfully against complex threats at the earliest possible stage requires root cause analysis. Implementing the full endpoint protection cycle, from automatic threat blocking to complex incident response, means supplementing preventive technologies with advanced defense capabilities. Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) provides comprehensive visibility across all endpoints on the corporate network, enabling the automation of routine tasks in order to discover, prioritize, investigate and neutralize advanced threats. The result is a significant increase in the speed and effectiveness of incident processing, at no extra cost.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response was previously known as Kaspersky EDR.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Customers
Ferrari, Insolar, Tael, Republic of Serbia
Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Video

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response pricing:
  • "There is an annual license to use Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response. The price overall is a bit expensive when compared to other solutions. There are not any additional fees other than the license."
  • "We were on a three-year license to use Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response. The price could be better."
  • "Kaspersky is licensed on a yearly basis."
  • Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Reviews

Gaman Kithsiri - PeerSpot reviewer
    Chief Information Officer at Ideal Group
    Plenty of features, reliable, and helpful support
    • "The most valuable features of Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response are all the features. The features have all helped us and most recently malware has been an issue in our company and malware protection has been effective."
    • "Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response should continue to improve its protection while adapting to the changing threat ecosystems. Having more advanced features would be a benefit."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response for threat protection.

How has it helped my organization?

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response has helped our company in many ways. Since we have been using this solution has have not had issues compared to other solutions we have used.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response are all the features. The features have all helped us and most recently malware has been an issue in our company and malware protection has been effective.

What needs improvement?

Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Kaspersky, Fortinet, Microsoft and others in Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR). Updated: June 2022.
    610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response for approximately four years.

The stability of Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is good.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is scalable. We have approximately 250 end-user accounts with ten servers using this solution. we have a combination of people using the solutions, such as IT specialists, business users, operation staff, marketing personnel, marketing team, compliance officers, finance, and general IT personnel. Next year, we will look at the number of new users, and what's required for the company. The company is in the process of improving the business, opening more and more branches in Ireland. There are another 30 to 40 users to be added to the package in the future.

The support we are receiving from Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response has been very good.

We were previously using ESET Antivirus and we were having a lot of problems. Since we migrated to Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response we have been protected very well.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response has a simple setup. We deployed the solution in approximately one day. We have a separate server receiving day-to-day, updates and patches. Then we have in Ireland, a branch network where it is connected. We have an agent server that is connected to the main server. From the main server, it pushes the day-to-day update to the particular agent server. From the agent server, it will push to the endpoint user devices.

We used a vendor support team of two people and our IT team of two for the implementation of the solution.

I have not quantified the ROI. However, I was using another solution previously with a potential for user data loss and now I do not experience this. We have been clean since we have been using Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response and in this sense, we have received a return on investment benefit.

There is an annual license to use Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response. The price overall is a bit expensive when compared to other solutions. There are not any additional fees other than the license. I rate the price of Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response a three out of five.

We did evaluate other solutions before choosing Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend others to use this solution. I rate Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response an eight out of ten. I cannot give a security solution a ten out of ten because the threat stage is always changing and the protection could fail at any time. There is always room for improvement.

Information Security Officer at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
    Helped us prevent ATM looting
    • "My impression of the stability of this solution is good. We have not had any issues with stability."
    • "I would like to integrate Kaspersky with my Log Collector SIEM. Right now that's not possible."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky for our cash machines, 200 of which we have around the country. We use it to control the USB ports so nobody can use them without authorization from the owner.

Currently, we implementing a new use case concerning our response when we get an alert.

What is most valuable?

In the past year, many banks have seen cases of ATM looting. We wanted to prevent that, which is why we implemented Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response. We are a bank and we haven't had any issues like the orders. Kaspersky helped us a lot. It helped up prevent unauthorized USB port usage.

What needs improvement?

I would like to integrate Kaspersky with my Log Collector SIEM. Right now that's not possible.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response could also introduce a way to make working in teams more accessible. At the same time, it would be interesting to see them explore artificial intelligence solutions.

I have been using this solution for two years.

We have not had any performance issues and our board really likes the solution. Our facility and technical support teams use this solution as they manage the cash machines.

I think they are good and we haven't had any problems with them. We haven't had any critical issues that would have required us to call the US technical support of US; we have only been in touch with local technical support.

We previously used Sophos, Crowdstrike, and Microsoft Defender. The most important reason we transitioned to Kaspersky is the agent that is installed in the end points on the cash machine. The Kaspersky agent is really soft. With the others, we noticed that their agents would stop, so that made a big difference.

We used three or four people to deploy and maintain the solution.

Our current monthly costs are $1,000.

What other advice do I have?

You have to be really informed about the process of using this tool before deploying. With our use case with the cash machines, for example, implementing the white list could have been really hard work for us if we had not had previous experience with it.

Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
    June 2022
    610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    SAMUELMWANGI - PeerSpot reviewer
    Director at Calidad Systems Limited
    Easy to use, not too heavy, and straightforward to set up
    • "It's scalable enough for us."
    • "The prices can go down a little bit."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our servers. It's for security.

What is most valuable?

We enjoy the solution as, when we are online we are secure. It's easy to use and not too heavy. It doesn't slow down any machines at all.

The product is quite stable.

It's scalable enough for us.

The product is straightforward to set up.

What needs improvement?

There could be more secure.

The prices can go down a little bit.

I've used the solution for quite some time. It might have been six years at this point.

It's a stable product. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

We find the product to be scalable. You can expand it if you need to.

We have five people using it in our organization.

We've never contacted technical support. We've never had an issue. It works the way we need it to and we've never had a problem.

We started with Kaspersky. We didn't use a different solution previously.

The initial setup was straightforward. We are a tech company and therefore we found it pretty simple. Even a layman, however, can do the installation. It's not complex or difficult. We deployed it with our engineers.

We handled the setup ourselves. We didn't need the help of any consultants or integrators.

We'd like the pricing to be lower. It can get a bit pricey.

We pay for an annual license.

What other advice do I have?

As a cloud solution, we're always on the latest version. We update it automatically on the cloud.

I'd recommend the solution to others.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. There's room for improvement, however, we've largely been happy with it.

Senior Solution Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    A light, reliable product that is easy to implement
    • "We've found the solution to be stable."
    • "Kaspersky needs to strengthen its standing in the market."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is great for customers who would like to secure their endpoints and provide protection for users. It's based on the RFP response, actually, our customer reference.

What is most valuable?

The simplicity is great

It's a very light product.

We've found the solution to be stable.

It's scalable and easy to expand.

The installation process is very simple.

What needs improvement?

Symantec is a better option. Kaspersky needs to strengthen its standing in the market.

It would be ideal if they could make it even easier to use.

I've been using the solution for maybe five years at this point.

The stability of the product is great. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

You can scale the solution if you need to. It's not difficult.

We have 15 users on the solution currently.

I've never directly contacted technical support. I cannot speak to how helpful they would be.

We sometimes deal with Symantec or FireEye, depending on the requirements.

The solution is easy to set up. It's not a difficult process. That said, I didn't do the installation myself and therefore cannot speak on how long the deployment took.

Our engineers handled the installation process.

We pay a monthly licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution to others. It's been good so far.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten.

System Administrator at ISJD
    Stable and straightforward installation

What is our primary use case?

I use Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response for security protection for our endpoints for the users.

What needs improvement?

There is a problem with the solution, it came from Russia and we are looking for a replacement.

I have been using Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response for approximately two years.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is a stable solution.

I have found Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response not to be scalable.

We have approximately 700 users using the solution. We do not have plans to increase usage. We are looking to switch solutions.

We were using Panda Antivirus previously.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response's initial installation were straightforward. To installation of the solution on the end-users systems takes 10 minutes. However, from the console, it is a little more time, approximately two days to configure.

We only needed one person for the implementation and support of the solution. We had some support hours from the vendor if needed.

We were on a three-year license to use Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response. The price could be better.

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend this solution to others. We are moving to different solutions.

I rate Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response an eight out of ten.

Cyber Security Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    It's useful for detecting zero-day attacks but challenging to implement and integrate

What is our primary use case?

Kaspersky is useful for detecting zero-day attacks. It's signature-based and we get regular updates from the cloud.

What is most valuable?

Kaspersky is easy to use, and it performs well.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see more seamless integration with the cloud and other products as well as improvements to Kaspersky's sandboxing features.

I've been working with Kaspersky EDR for a few years now.

Kaspersky is stable and scalable.

Kaspersky support is good.

Installing Kaspersky is complex. It requires more work from system admins and takes almost one week to deploy, including integration and mapping with other solutions. You also have to configure Kaspersky EDR sandboxing then set up permissions for various teams and customers.

Kaspersky is licensed on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Kaspersky EDR seven out of ten. I usually recommended other solutions because Kaspersky is more difficult to implement. I only deploy it when the customer requires Kaspersky. But Kaspersky requires more labor from the technical team to install and implement.

Cliff Matonda - PeerSpot reviewer
    System Administrator at Finlays
    Highly effective, straightforward installation, and support available

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response for the protection of our system from the internet, firewall, malware, and viruses.

What is most valuable?

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is an effective protection solution.

What needs improvement?

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is very heavy on the system resources. It uses a lot of memory and the system can become slow.

I have been using Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response for approximately two years.

The stability of Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is good.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response is a scalable solution.

We do not plan to increase usage.

I have not used technical support. The solution is simple to use, they provide the tools that we need. However, the support is readily available if I need them.

The installation of Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response was simple and fast. It only takes approximately seven minutes.

I did the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response a nine out of ten.

Security and systems engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    A stable and feature-rich addition for network security

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Kaspersky EDR is one of the products that we implement for our customers as part of their overall security.

What is most valuable?

This is a feature-rich product.

What needs improvement?

There should be options in the UI to better assist with troubleshooting problems that occur during deployment.

I would like to see a more simplified view of the configuration options.

The technical support team should respond in a more timely manner.

I have two years of experience with this product.

I have not experienced any bugs or glitches while using it.

The technical support is good. I would say that it is not bad and not excellent, but something in between. I have only opened one case with them and it took a long time for them to respond.

I am currently trying to compare Kaspersky with a similar solution by Carbon Black.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, I think that Kaspersky is a good product to use.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Kaspersky, Fortinet, Microsoft, and more!
    Updated: June 2022