The reason we started looking for something like this was that we were providing managed services for our customers. My company was a hosting company. We had various stacks that we were maintaining for customers, including PHP, a lot of Java, Node.js, Python; all of the popular languages. It was hard for people to get into APM because, at least in India, New Relic, AppDynamics, and other APM tools were quite costly. So cost was one issue.
A second issue was that we were using different tools for different stacks. Some Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools for a particular stack would work for, say, Java only, or something would only be for Python, and a lot of configuration would have to be done for each of the different frameworks. So we were trying to find a solution that could encompass everything and that was more user-friendly. I came across this solution, we reached out to them, we did a PoC with them, and that's how it came about.