IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Informatica Data Archive OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Informatica Data Archive is #16 ranked solution in top Database Development and Management tools. PeerSpot users give Informatica Data Archive an average rating of 8 out of 10. Informatica Data Archive is most commonly compared to Solix Enterprise Data Management: Informatica Data Archive vs Solix Enterprise Data Management. Informatica Data Archive is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 39% of all views.

Download the Database Development and Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Informatica Data Archive?

Retire legacy applications, manage data growth, improve application performance, and maintain compliance with structured archiving.

Informatica Data Archive was previously known as Data Archive.

Informatica Data Archive Customers

Clopay

Informatica Data Archive Video

Informatica Data Archive Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Informatica Data Archive pricing:
"The price of Informatica Data Archive is reasonable. Different versions of the solution are available, such as the professional edition and enterprise edition."

Informatica Data Archive Reviews

Service at Cognizant
Easy to understand layer flows, reliable, and excellent support
  • "The most valuable features of Informatica Data Archive are ease of use, and the flows from one layer to the next are simple to understand."
  • "The recovery features could improve in Informatica Data Archive."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Informatica Data Archive for clients' legacy systems to confirm the data from their legacy system to the new system based on the SQL Server.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Informatica Data Archive are ease of use, and the flows from one layer to the next are simple to understand.

What needs improvement?

The recovery features could improve in Informatica Data Archive. In an upcoming release, Informatica Data Archive could add more features to the data retrieval processing. Additionally, parallel processing of multiple jobs when archiving to different folders at the same time.

I have been using Informatica Data Archive for approximately 10 years.
Database Development and Management
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, IBM, Solix and others in Database Development and Management. Updated: June 2022.
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Initially, Informatica Data Archive has been stable. We will be doing some enhancements and we might need to increase the stability over time.

I have found Informatica Data Archive to be scalable. We have approximately 100 people using Informatica Data Archive. Most of the people using the solution are from an engineering background.

We have used the support team from Informatica Data Archive. They are helpful and have solved our issues. I rate the support from Informatica Data Archive a five out of five.

The initial setup of Informatica Data Archive is simple. The implementation took approximately one month.

We used six people that did the data engine portion of Informatica Data Archive.

The return on investment of Informatica Data Archive was good.

The price of Informatica Data Archive is reasonable. Different versions of the solution are available, such as the professional edition and enterprise edition.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Informatica Data Archive a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Google
Management Consultant at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
High performance, scalable, and helpful support
  • "One of the most valuable features of Informatica Data Archive is its performance."
  • "Informatica Data Archive could improve by providing training. Training is one area where we lack, there are not very many trained resources in the market for sales, GPM, proposals, new offerings, or new features that are being added to this solution. It would be really helpful for consultants, like me, to understand the new, cool features these solutions are constantly adding. Training is something, that should be in place."

What is our primary use case?

Informatica Data Archive can be deployed on-premise, hybrid, or private cloud.

Informatica Data Archive is used for our clients and their journey to the cloud where they want to archive some of their legacy data et cetera. These are passive archival. The companies must hold onto their data for at least seven years.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features of Informatica Data Archive is its performance.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Informatica Data Archive for approximately one year.

Informatica Data Archive has been stable.

The scalability of Informatica Data Archive is excellent. We have a medium-sized company using this solution.

I did not hear any major challenges with the support from Informatica Data Archive. The support has been somewhere between good and excellent.

I have not worked with another similar solution.

The initial setup of Informatica Data Archive was simple.

We have evaluated four or five options before choosing Informatica Data Archive, such as Solix, Oracle, and Azure Data Lake.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Informatica Data Archive an eight out of ten.

Download our free Database Development and Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, IBM, Solix, and more!
Updated: June 2022