Informatica Cloud Data Integration OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Informatica Cloud Data Integration is the #5 ranked solution in top Cloud Data Integration tools. PeerSpot users give Informatica Cloud Data Integration an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Informatica Cloud Data Integration is most commonly compared to Informatica PowerCenter: Informatica Cloud Data Integration vs Informatica PowerCenter. Informatica Cloud Data Integration is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 75% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.
Informatica Cloud Data Integration Buyer's Guide

Download the Informatica Cloud Data Integration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Informatica Cloud Data Integration?

Informatica Cloud Data Integration is a cloud-native cloud data integration solution that enables users to connect a large number of applications and data sources across on-premises and integrate the data sources at scale on the cloud. The product is built on microservices-driven management and integration platform as a service (iPaaS) and assists organizations to govern costs, increase productivity and collaboration, and simplify their experience. Informatica Cloud Data Integration allows companies to deliver data and analytics to lines of business in a timely manner, build data warehouses on Amazon Redshift, Google Cloud BigQuery, Snowflake, and Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics, and utilize the required data integration patterns, including elastic processing, extract, load, and transform (ELT), and extract, transform, and load (ETL).

The solution allows users to to build enterprise-scale integration workloads within hours while it improves the productivity of development teams by providing them a codeless, drag-and-drop user interface. Companies can benefit from integration features built for data warehousing and optimized connectors for bulk loads of billions of records. Informatica Cloud Data Integration offers organizations the option of going serverless at scale by allowing them to process data integration jobs from cloud-hosted as well as managed environments. The Spark-based engine allows the solution to handle high-volume data demands and complex data integration tasks.

Informatica Cloud Data Integration Features

Informatica Cloud Data Integration provides its users with various features and tools. Among the key capacities of the product are:

• Advanced Pushdown Optimization: Informatica Cloud Data Integration offers a feature that provides users with the benefits of ELT while maintaining their data flow definitions at a logical or abstract level. This feature allows users to choose a runtime option that complies with the workload as well as send their data processing work to cloud ecosystem pushdown, cloud data warehouse pushdown, Spark serverless processing, or traditional ETL.

• Connectors for all major data sources: This feature provides out-of-the-box connectivity to a large number of cloud and on-premise systems, data stores, analytics and BI tools, and enterprise and middleware applications.

• Data transformation capabilities: This feature allows users to process data transformation in real time or batch by using a variety of transformation types, such as cleansing, masking, aggregation, fileting, parsing, and ranking.

• Spark-based complex data integration: Informatica Cloud Data Integration Elastic allows specialists to use elastic clusters to process their data transformation.

• Codeless integration: This feature facilitates the creation of simple-to-sophisticated data integration projects with a visual mapping designer that speeds up pre-build transformations for development through a variety of endpoints across cloud and on-premises.

• Serverless data integration: Users can achieve cloud data integration in a mode called Advanced Serverless, where they can benefit from a fully managed environment with no software, no cloud administration, and no servers or clusters to manage.

• Taskflow orchestration: This feature allows users to combine batch and real-time integration through a taskflow designer in order to create simple-to-sophisticated orchestrations.

• Intelligent structure discovery: This feature uses the CLAIRE engine to automatically understand the parsing model for complicated files based on their structure.

• Change data capture: Utilizing the prebuilt task wizards and Change Data Capture tool, users can automatically pull only the updated or incremental data from source systems to the targets on a frequent basis.

• Security: The product offers various features which ensure the highest level of data and workload security and comply with various policies.

Informatica Cloud Data Integration Benefits

Informatica Cloud Data Integration brings multiple benefits to its users. These include:

• The product offers optimized connectivity to various systems through custom build-connectors.

• Users can benefit from improved elasticity and performance by utilizing Spark clusters and auto-tuning.

• The tool allows developers to focus on business logic by facilitating infrastructure management through serverless deployment features.

• Informatica Data Cloud Integration provides user flexibility by connecting to any database, cloud data lake, on-premise apps, and data warehouses.

• Through a zero-coding environment and role-appropriate user experience, the solution is suitable for all types of users.

• The solution offers consistent experience and unified metadata across all cloud services.

• Users can leverage enterprise-level performance for integration design with no coding required.

• Informatica Data Cloud Integration scales as a business grows, providing a high level of adaptability.

Reviews from Real Users

Divya R., a senior consultant at Deloitte, rates Informatica Cloud Data Integration highly because it is a UI-based tool with great scripting.

A data architect at a retailer likes Informatica Cloud Data Integration because of its flexible licensing, good connectors, and timely upgrades and patches.

Informatica Cloud Data Integration Customers

Chicago Cubs, Telegraph Media Group

Informatica Cloud Data Integration Video

Archived Informatica Cloud Data Integration Reviews (more than two years old)

Data Analyst at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
MSP
Stable with a straightforward initial setup and a good user interface
  • "The solution's initial setup is quite straightforward."
  • "There may be some types of limitations with the performance."

What is most valuable?

The user interface is good.

The solution's initial setup is quite straightforward.

What needs improvement?

I haven't had too much time with the solution. There may be much to be improved. However, I still need time with it.

There may be some types of limitations with the performance.

I've been using the solution for a couple of weeks. It hasn't been too long.

The solution is quite stable. We do not have any issues with it crashing and there are not bugs or glitches.

Informatica Cloud Data Integration
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Informatica Cloud Data Integration. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is very scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it should not face any issues doing so.

I am not sure how many users are actually on the solution in our organization.

We will be continuing to use the solution.

We have dealt with technical support and they are very good. We are quite satisfied with their level of service.

We did previously use another solution.

The initial setup is not complex. The implementation is quite straightforward, actually.

As a cloud solution, the deployment doesn't take too long.

I handled the implementation and deployment myself.

I'm not sure what the licensing is for the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Informatica.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

I'd recommend the solution to others. Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Senior Technical Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
This is a one-stop shop with everything provided in one platform
  • "Whether we need data cleansing or data mastering, we get it all in one platform."
  • "Connectivity could be improved, it can be a little slow."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for cloud-to-cloud migration so our clients have all applications and data on their Oracle solutions, and we move it from there to AWS cloud and then to Salesforce. We're an implementation partner with Informatica and I'm the senior technical architect in the company.

What is most valuable?

The connectivity and their whole suite are valuable features. Whether we need data cleansing or data mastering, we get it all in one platform. There's no need to test different cloud vendors and then integrate with one solution. Informatica is a one-stop shop.

What needs improvement?

The one thing that I think could be improved is connectivity with the Salesforce because if you're loading a huge amount of data, whatever optimization is carried out, takes some time and it could be a little faster.

I've been using this solution for a year.

We had some very minor issues initially, but the product is stable. We haven't experienced any down time.

We've just completed the first part of the implementation. In the upcoming months we plan to carry out multiple implementations and then we might see some challenges in the scalability. I think it will be fine. I have about 35 users in my team - around 40% are developers, 30% are testers and QAs and then a few are designers, data modelers, and architects.

The way we carried out our transformation was throwing some junk value as an output and that meant we had to reach out to Informatica to see what kind of configuration changes might be required. They were pretty quick to respond and knowledgeable about the issue, and dealt with it very well.

The initial setup was very simple and took a couple of days. AWS provided everything for us.

We initially wanted to build the programming language in Python but the client's needs made us realize that Informatica was the way to go. Our initial design was something different and it was the cost that put us off going with Informatica as a first choice. If we had worked with something like Python, it could possibly have been more scalable and the cost reduced.

What other advice do I have?

If cost is not a issue then I would recommend Informatica as the tool of choice.

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Informatica Cloud Data Integration
November 2022
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.
BI Consultant at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Powerful data transformation capabilities and a strong technical support team
  • "I do a quite a lot of data transformations, and the fact that I can do them without changing any of my SQL queries from the code, using the inbuilt tools, is very helpful."
  • "I would like to see support for more data sources."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is connecting to the AWS S3 buckets and AWS instances in the cloud, extracting data from on-premises, and pushing it to the cloud. I think that's a perfect use case for Informatica Cloud.

What is most valuable?

I do a quite a lot of data transformations, and the fact that I can do them without changing any of my SQL queries from the code, using the inbuilt tools, is very helpful. Very few tools outside of Informatica have the ability to do that.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for more data sources. At this point in time, I'm not sure if they are supporting Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud, but continually adding new data sources is one area that they can improve on.

The deployment could be somewhat simplified. One drawback is that you need a separate server for it. However, from an enterprise point of view, it is worth it because the product is good.

I have been using Information Cloud Data Integration for about one year.

I have had no trouble in terms of stability.

The scalability is quite good.

Informatica has a strong support team and they are very good.

The initial setup is complex. It isn't easy because it needs a separate server of its own.

My understanding is that Informatica is quite expensive compare to other tools that are available in the market.

What other advice do I have?

I am a fan of Informatica and it is definitely a product that I recommend because of its inbuilt capabilities. At the same time, I would like to see more data sources added. Inclusion of support for Azure and Google Cloud would be a game-changer, wherein companies can move their analytics capabilities to the cloud instead of being on-premises.

If you have the money then you should implement it. Otherwise, there are many open-source tools in the market, although you will still have to invest quite a lot in terms of resources because the individual transformations still need to be built.

Nandha Kumar Thangavelu - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Architect at Cognizant
Great user interface; could be more user friendly with a simplified mapping task
  • "The user interface which is very easy to use if we have any problems to solve."
  • "A general improvement in icons and the virtual interface would be good."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for the solution has been in some of our smaller pilot projects.

What is most valuable?

One of the main valuable features is the user interface which is very easy to use if we have any problems to solve. We don't need to install any client machines to do this, we can access from any machine.

For the past six and a half years I also worked with PowerCenter, so I used to see the big icons and it's very easy for me to do. But with moving to Cloud there have been some challenges but it's getting better. We are able to connect to a lot of structured data, there are a lot of provisions.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be more user friendly with a simplified mapping task. In general, improvements could be made in mapping. When we create mapping from uploaded data, I'd like to see integrational mapping. I possibly need some extra time to grasp it all but a general improvement in icons and the virtual interface would be good for us. We are working as developers and we're working with the solution on a daily basis so any improvement would be good in this area.

As far as my knowledge base goes, I feel pretty good with the stability of the product.

I think technical support is awesome. Initially it feels challenging connecting with IACS, but I am able to get assistance and then apply it immediately. I feel like we're always getting good support from Informatica, even when there are technical challenges, it's one of the best things about the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a six out of 10.

Private Cloud
ChristopheFournel - PeerSpot reviewer
Fondateur at Data Integration Consulting
Reseller
The data integration features are good and the technical support is fast and effective
  • "The features I find most valuable is the synchronization, verification, functionalities and all the data integration features."
  • "I would also like to have profiling functionalities and quality transformations in the cloud."

What is our primary use case?

We use Informatica Cloud Data Integration mainly for monthly mapping tasks. We work with it on cloud because we help customers to use the solution and to integrate it on their database and on their information systems.

What is most valuable?

The features I find most valuable is the synchronization, verification, functionalities and all the data integration features. I have been academically trained and earned the Cloud Academy badges 101 and 201. Currently, I am training to use this solution in real-time.

What needs improvement?

It's very easy to develop with the solution whenever we have an evolution for the data integration. Perhaps the web services need to improve because when you create a new data file and add some changes, we must edit it and create a web service transformation again. So, in my opinion, the functionality is bad and it needs to improve to make web service transformation better and easier.

I have been working with Informatica solutions for more than 16 years now.

I have developed a good relationship with the technical team and they usually assist me immediately whenever I have an issue.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I rate this solution an eight. I haven't seen the functionalities of this tool yet. The data quality is good but I still need to test the B2B gateway of the data quality. I would like to have profiling functionalities and quality transformations in the cloud so that I can directly integrate quality transformations inside the cloud. In the next version, I would like to have more tools for monitoring and perhaps also a system dashboard on our homepage.

Guirino Ciliberti - PeerSpot reviewer
Data Governance & Lineage Product Manager at Primeur
Integrates our applications on our site and cloud but the user experience is complex
  • "The program is stable and scalable."
  • "One area that needs to improve is the user experience because it is very complex. The trial version is very complex so it's not easy to start using the program immediately. You must study the rules first."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is managing different environments. We have some applications on our site and some applications on the cloud so we use Informatica to integrate everything.

What is most valuable?

When we use Informatica, we have a complete global vision of our clouds and the local application data and that is very important for us.

What needs improvement?

I have been using the program for two to three months.

The program is very stable and more complex than other solutions.

When it comes to network tests, the solution is very scalable.

The technical support is great and the team is very resourceful and helpful.

I found the initial setup rather complex and difficult. Our first project took about a month to deploy. The program is very powerful and it has many features. In order to understand everything and to know what each feature does, is rather complex. As system administrators, we used people from TCS, Tata Consultants, to help us with the deployment. We currently use two people for deployment, to create a standard blueprint, and two people for maintenance.

We did look at another solution but it is very complex. Although it is a fast solution, it doesn't have the same level of power as Informatica.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to maintain the program as it is very powerful. I rate this solution a seven out of ten. Not a ten because of the complexness.

Brendan  Smith - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good for building mockups and tasks
  • "The most valuable feature is the building of mockups and tasks."
  • "I would like to see more functionality added so that it is a bit closer to how much you can do with Informatica PowerCenter."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for integration and development.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the building of mockups and tasks.

The user interface is fine.

What needs improvement?

Having a better dashboard would be an improvement.

I have been using this solution for four or five months.

This solution is stable, and we haven't had any issues.

This is a scalable solution.

I have not had to contact Informatica. Any issue that I have had, I've been able to solve it by looking for something online.

The initial setup of this solution is relatively straightforward. It usually takes about an hour to deploy.

We have six or seven people in our team, which is enough to support this solution.

We perform the deployment ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

For anybody who is implementing this solution, I would say that as long as they've got some kind of experience with ETL, or other Informatic products, then it should be absolutely fine.

This is a solution that I recommend.

Peter P. Le - PeerSpot reviewer
I.T. Specialist - Data Architect - Solution Architect at United States Department of Defense
Mapping designer seems to be easier to use which is a great improvement

What is our primary use case?

Migrate workloads from on-prem. That's the usual scenario for many customers in the past.  The question is if IICS could help painlessly.

How has it helped my organization?

Don't know yet. In a trial now. There is much to find out, first and foremost, its performance level when compared with on-prem.

What is most valuable?

Mapping designer seems to be easier to use even when compared with PowerCenter which is a great improvement.

What needs improvement?

The availability of connectors from the get-go, not just waiting for additional, extra ones to be added. That's it.

Software Architect at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
  • "It has become an easy way to exchange information through any cloud application."
  • "The biggest challenge I see is the IDE's for the cloud and automization are different."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this product is two-fold:

• Reporting- If the users want to visualize into a meaningful report then they would pass on that as a requirement to the Informatica team. This goes to the Informatica team, which will then apply the business rules and validation, cleansing or whatever else is needed on top of the data set.
  • ETL-There is a lot of information that is required by multiple downsizing applications. So, if the file of information is huge, it does not fit into application integration use case so then Informatica can take a huge set of data and pass it onto several downsizing applications.

How has it helped my organization?

It has become an easy way to exchange information through any cloud application. As the overall solution guidelines that we get from our solution checking, a connection to an outside cloud application cannot be a direct integration.

What is most valuable?

My most valuable features of this solution are that the DI team uses the Informatica Powercenter, which is an automized tool that Informatica provides. For quite some time, they have been using this. So, the cloud products are coming from the same school of thought, which makes it more believable that it can do whatever it is required to do. And, I think that was the primary reason for going with Informatica on Cloud The majority in terms of dating their product promptly is something that is quite apparent.

What needs improvement?

The biggest challenge I see is the IDE's for the cloud and automization are different. They could have made an IDE in such a way that you can write an integration for the cloud. If I had the flexibilty of making that decision later, that would be a great benefit to have.

In addition, another improvement could be if you develop and design your integration without being connected to the server. If you could deploy it anywhere, that would be helpful.

I think that it is the best in the category.

It is scalable.

We have our own team that helps us with support issues. I do not have any experience with the Informatica tech support team.

We also have prior experience with IBM Cast Iron.

I was not involved on the initial setup.

A product must have: quality, performance,good pricing and scalability.

We also considered MuleSoft. We reviewed MuleSoft and found it to be a competitor that has some of the features missing from Informatica. But, it is not completely a perfect competition because it is more into application integration and API management. But, I think that Informatica can aspire to do the same.

We also considered Dell Boomi Atmosphere, but we did not do much research into that particular solution.

What other advice do I have?

The amount of usage that we see in Informatica on Cloud is going to increase. And, correspondingly, the usage of the automized version of Informatica that we use is going to decrease because exchanges are going to be more towards the cloud.

I suggest that someone considering this solution should take a minimilaistic free license, and do a proper analysis of the solution.

it_user674064 - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Analyst/Data Engineer with 51-200 employees
You can find almost any product connection that you need.

What is most valuable?

I like the fact that you can find almost any product connection that you need and the list is always expanding.

How has it helped my organization?

Basically, it just allows connections with Amazon AWS/S3/Redshift.

What needs improvement?

It needs to be a little more intuitive but it’s really not bad. There are plenty of examples as how to use the product from Informatica and YouTube.

I have used this solution for less than a year.

After the initial setup, the tool seems pretty stable.

There is plenty of online support available from Informatica.

In the past, we have used Informatica PowerCenter.

We implemented this product in-house and my advice is just read all the available online support documentation that you can find.

What other advice do I have?

Read through the online documentation that is available.

it_user669330 - PeerSpot reviewer
Project Manager Oracle Applications at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Data synchronization tasks, mapping designer tasks and scheduling are valuable features.
  • "Data synchronization tasks."
  • "Error reporting and debugging need improvement."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are:

• Data synchronization tasks
  • Mapping designer tasks
  • Scheduling

How has it helped my organization?

We are using this for integration of on-premise Oracle EBS, Navision and cloud applications, such as Salesforce, BigMachines, etc.

What needs improvement?

Error reporting and debugging need improvement.

They need to improve on the upgrade testing process from their end so that it does not cause any issue to existing functionality/setup.

I have been using this solution for 36 months.

Sometimes after upgrades, it gives some trouble for already working tasks. We need to report bugs to get a solution from Informatica.

We have not had scalability issues.

I rate support 8/10.

We did not have a previous solution.

Setup was straightforward and easy to work with.

I am not involved in pricing and licensing.

We looked at Dell Boomi.

What other advice do I have?

Informatica Cloud is easy for development and maintenance. It really works fast and is scalable.

it_user643899 - PeerSpot reviewer
Solution Architect at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
One of the most valuable features is the mapping designer.
  • "The Mapping Designer allows for declarative ETL development (visual scripting) that leverages a wide array of different transformations."
  • "There are a small number of UI bugs that occur on occasion."

What is most valuable?

The designer allows for the creation of mappings to be leveraged as templates. Within the templates, parameters can be set up that serve as variables for deployment to mapping configuration tasks.

Mapping Configuration Tasks, MCTs, are specific uses of a mapping to fit a situation or set of circumstances.

How has it helped my organization?

With my firm, our use of Informatica Cloud is primarily to implement a set of financial integrations from various accounting systems into a Salesforce environment.

By leveraging Informatica Cloud Mapping Designer, we were able to create sets of reusable templates that were source agnostic. This made supporting the integration for hundreds of customers feasible with just a small team of integration specialists.

What needs improvement?

There are a small number of UI bugs that occur on occasion.

In several browsers, such as Chrome, elements of the UI can disappear when navigating through steps in any of the integration tasks' wizards. Additionally, on data synchronization tasks, the source fields in a mapping can disappear altogether as well.

Also, the product is so new, that any points not covered in the documentation prove difficult to research online.

I have been using Informatica Cloud for two years.

There is currently no active failover for Informatica Cloud Secure Agents. This is the service used to process source information in client environments.

Therefore if a Secure Agent running a job goes down, the job will not wait or failover to another agent. It will fail as well.

We have not had any scalability issues so far.

Technical support is stellar. The time zone can prove an issue, as their support is all in Pacific Standard Time (PST).

We did not have a previous solution.

The installation and configuration of the Secure Agent is a breeze.

Jitterbit, SnapLogic, and MuleSoft were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

Informatica is likely to make this their flagship product. It is a solid investment to move to this ETL now. There will continue to be a slew of new features and product improvements in the near future that may increase the cost of the license.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: OEM agreement/partnership.
it_user664641 - PeerSpot reviewer
Informatica Cloud System Lead at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
Some of the valuable features are data replication tasks and REST APIs.
  • "REST API: Excellent for scripting control and reporting mechanisms"
  • "User/group administration could use improvement."

What is most valuable?

• Data Replication Tasks: Easy to configure, for the most part reliable, and also what my system deals with the most.
  • REST API: Excellent for scripting control and reporting mechanisms

How has it helped my organization?

Ease of use, configurability, maintainability, and good aesthetics make for a more fluid functional process.

What needs improvement?

User/group administration could use improvement.

I have been using this solution for 15 months.

No stability issues as of yet.

The REST API could have the ability to generate tasks, and certain manual functions like updating/deleting data replication tasks could come with a bulk update option somehow.

I would give technical support a rating of 10/10. They are just incredible.

I inherited this solution in its infancy, but I don't have the details.

The setup was straightforward.

Licensing is difficult to understand, but the team is always available to explain anything. They are very helpful.

I did not evaluate any alternative solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Pose any and every question/doubt/concern to the team, especially with respect to licensing. They are excellent in their communication.

it_user664623 - PeerSpot reviewer
Informatica Lead - Architect at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We value the data replication and data sync jobs. We would like to see stable connectivity.
  • "Replication allows us to fully replicate all objects from Shop Floor Data Collection (SFDC) to in-house/on-premises database in one job."
  • "Performance also needs to be significantly improved, especially when connecting to SFDC for read and write operations."

What is most valuable?

I particularly value data replication and data sync jobs. Replication allows us to fully replicate all objects from Shop Floor Data Collection (SFDC) to in-house/on-premises database in one job.

I also appreciate the flexibility of the reset target option to reflect the source object structural changes to be implemented on the target database table side. This is awesome.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped the organization to always have the backup of SFDC data in-house for data warehousing purposes.

What needs improvement?

• Stable connectivity: No matter what, our business requires steady, stable, and consistent connectivity. Regardless of how many columns in an SFDC object or how many rows in an SFDC object, we must have steady connectivity.
  • Performance also needs to be significantly improved, especially when connecting to SFDC for read and write operations.

I have used this product for five years.

There are stability issues, especially when connecting to SFDC. At times, we do see connection time-out errors, though we have changed the properties in Informatica secure agent properties. We have also noticed that sometimes it does not cooperate well with SFDC read and write operations.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

Technical support can be described as average.

The client was using data loader, but as the demand increased to replicate the data and frequency of data replication, they moved on to Informatica Cloud.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. You just have to login to the server where you want to download, install, and run the Informatica secure agent

The pricing structure is good, but having to pay for extra drivers to be used in an ICS environment makes me a little nervous.

The client had already purchased this solution and it was up and running in all of their different environments

What other advice do I have?

It’s a great product which allows the connection to a number of cloud based technologies such as Workday and Salesforce.

it_user660603 - PeerSpot reviewer
Director at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Integration is flexible and loosely coupled.
  • "It is quite easy to use and flexible."
  • "The vendor should have more training resources: online classes, free tutorial videos, etc."

What is most valuable?

It is quite easy to use and flexible.

How has it helped my organization?

With recent versions of cloud-based products in use for all applications, it provides flexibility in integrating the different applications. With AWS S3 and Informatica, integration is flexible and loosely coupled.

What needs improvement?

I have used this product for six months.

We have not yet had any issues with stability, as we are just beginning our journey.

Yet to be determined.

So far, so good.

We recently started migrating and using SaaS-based application solutions. On-premises, there are multiple integration platforms being used, such as BizTalk and SAP PI.

Since it is SaaS based, no setup was required, except for the installation on a secure agent.

I was not involved in pricing and licensing.

I was not involved in the selection process.

What other advice do I have?

It is quite useful and flexible compared to other vendors in terms of cost of implementation and use case.

it_user628038 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Manager Global Business Services at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
It has no complex software nor does the startup need to be installed. It is easy to share with others.

What is most valuable?

It is a cloud-based solution. This means it has no complex software nor does the startup need to be installed. However, a cloud agent is required.

How has it helped my organization?

Like most cloud-based solutions, it is easy to share with others. For example, let's say I am working on a site and decide to hand-off to another team member. He can essentially pick up where I left off, provided that he has the same set of files.

What needs improvement?

Informatica goes down for maintenance quite a lot due to the upgrades. They also need to improve their security. As an administrator, I could very easily make connections to other people's machines through their agent without their knowledge.

I have used this solution for two years.

There were no stability issues.

There is a slowdown when using the mapping feature. This may be due to the processor's speed or may be a result of the complexity of the browser.

I would give the technical support a rating of 9/10. They are very good, once they are aware of the issues. However, sometimes we need to fill out multiple help desk tickets and give them reminders in order to get an active response.

We are partners with a number of different companies. This is the first cloud-based solution. It serves the client's needs well, as the solution is not overly complex, such as during replication between different databases or systems.

The setup was very straightforward. Once the agent is installed, you can then be up and running.

We work with Informatica to establish the pricing and licensing fees. I personally have not sold this product to clients, but I have been involved with presales and demos.

We chose to be Informatica partners, so we just ended up with this version.

What other advice do I have?

Understand the needs of your organization. I strongly advise an understanding of the Informatica PowerCenter, so as to achieve the full effectiveness of this tool.

For simple replication, it works well. However, there are some other free tools that can also do the trick of replication just as nicely.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are Informatica Partners.
it_user624771 - PeerSpot reviewer
Tech Lead at a tech company
Provides the basic functionalities to implement ETL logic. The error information provided is not informative.
  • "The Mapping Configuration and PowerCenter wizards are valuable. We use them to run our business logic."
  • "The error information provided is not informative, as compared to Power Center."

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

• Provides the basic functionalities to implement ETL logic
  • Can be accessed from a web browser or from any device with internet connectivity.
  • We need not be in the office to perform tasks
  • We use it to run jobs, even at midnight, based on the requests of the business users.

What needs improvement?

It needs lot of improvement from the admin to the development side. There are many known issues while mapping. The error information provided is not informative, as compared to Power Center.

I have used this solution for around six months.

There used to be performance issues. Throughput is slow when we do not have the Informatica Secure Agent running on the DB instance.

It has not yet been identified.

I would give the technical support a rating of 2/5. Informatica doesn't provide on-call or technical support for AWS instances. We need to rely on responses from the forums if we raise any queries.

I have used Power Center. I switched to the Informatica Cloud (IC), as it is cheaper compared to Power Center. It gave us a chance to explore a new tool and technology.

The setup is straightforward

It is cost effective and an easily accessible tool.

What other advice do I have?

It totally depends on the business requirements and the budget. I have been working on Informatica for more than nine years, and I recommend using their products.

Download our free Informatica Cloud Data Integration Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022