We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

InfluxDB OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

InfluxDB is #4 ranked solution in top NoSQL Databases. PeerSpot users give InfluxDB an average rating of 8 out of 10. InfluxDB is most commonly compared to MongoDB: InfluxDB vs MongoDB. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 29% of all views.
What is InfluxDB?

InfluxData delivers a modern open source platform built from the ground up for metrics and events (time-sensitive data). Build monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications faster, easier, and to scale.

This technically is know as time-series data. With InfluxData you can build monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications faster, easier, and to scale. Today, there are different general purpose ways to handle time-based data. But they slow you down with dependencies and complexities or fail to scale. InfluxData is the only purpose-built complete platform for any time-based data — from humans, sensors, or machines — seamlessly collecting, storing, visualizing, and turning insight into action. With both fast deployment and fast performance, InfluxData delivers real value in real time.

Download the NoSQL Databases Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

InfluxDB Customers

ebay, AXA, Mozilla, DiDi, LeTV, Siminars, Cognito, ProcessOut, Recommend, CATS, Smarsh, Row 44, Clustree, Bleemeo

InfluxDB Video

InfluxDB Reviews

Shalauddin Ahamad Shuza
Software Engineer at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good log aggregation features and integration with Grafana
  • "The most valuable features are aggregating the data and integration with Graphana for monitoring."
  • "The error logging capability can be improved because the logs are not very informative."

What is our primary use case?

We don't use a managed service. Rather, we manage it ourselves. We have deployed it and right now, we are using it for log aggregation with a two-week retention policy.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are aggregating the data and the integration with Grafana for monitoring.

We have been looking at the continuous query feature and think that it might solve one of our use cases, but we have not implemented it yet. We are trying to do that now.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup is a little bit complex.

I have been using InfluxDB for approximately one year.

This is a stable product.

You can scale InfluxDB but the initial cluster that we had is still serving our purpose, so we don't have to scale up. We are a team of people who use it.

We have not contacted technical support for InfluxDB yet. When we have a problem, we consult with our other teams, and most of the time, they solve our problems.

I haven't used another similar product before this one.

The initial setup was a little bit complex for a cluster. When trying to join the cluster, we were failing. We looked at the log but it was not very informative. We agreed to try a few things and after a while, we were able to join the cluster. That is the difficulty that we had.

I deployed it myself.

In our company, there are many different teams that use InfluxDB for different projects. For example, I am one of the people on our new project, and my colleague is responsible for maintaining and updating it, for this project specifically.

I was also looking into Prometheus but our project manager told us to use InfluxDB. So far, it has been working well for me.

What other advice do I have?

This product has been working well and it is serving our purpose, so I can recommend it to others.

Engineer at IT Specialist LLC
Stable, easy to use, and very powerful
  • "The solution is very powerful."
  • "The solution doesn't have much of a user interface."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for database storage.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very powerful.

The solution is easy to use and easy to learn.

Influx Series Ten, in particular, is a strong application.

What needs improvement?

The solution doesn't have much of a user interface.

The integration of Chronograf and Capacitor is not so good. They could work to make it better.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is very stable. I haven't experienced bugs or crashes.

I've never tried to scale the solution, so I don't know how easy it would be. However, I do think it is possible to scale if you need to.

In my organization, only five people are currently using it.

I've never contacted technical support. If I have questions, I look at forums to find the answers that I need. I've found their forums to be very good and quite helpful.

I often use another product as well to obtain a graph for the data centers and for virtualization. I can't remember the name of it, however.

The solution's initial setup is very straightforward. I didn't find it to be complex at all.

Deployment only takes a few hours. It should only take two or three hours at a maximum.

I handled the deployment myself. I didn't need the assistance of a specialist.

What other advice do I have?

I only use the solution a little bit, not too extensively.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Product Categories
NoSQL Databases
Download our free NoSQL Databases Report and find out what your peers are saying about InfluxDB, MongoDB, Apache, and more!