IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

IDOL OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is IDOL?
The IDOL Server collects indexed data from connectors and stores it in its proprietary structure, optimized for fast processing and retrieval of data.

IDOL was previously known as Micro Focus IDOL, HPE Autonomy IDOL, HPE IDOL.

IDOL Customers
Bank Simpanan Nasional, Felco
IDOL Video

Archived IDOL Reviews (more than two years old)

Sr Technical Director at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Capability of processing and analysing unstructured data

What is most valuable?

Capability of processing and analysing unstructured data, like audio and video analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

We can implement IDOL solutions processing information.

What needs improvement?

Maybe new IDOL Key view capabilities with native format files.

We have been using IDOL for about five years.

Certainly, but we could resolve the issues with their support team very quickly.

No, I did not encounter any issues.

No, I did not encounter any issues.

Customer Service: Very good. Technical Support: Technical support could improve a lot. However, they are very good.

No, I did not use a different solution previously.

The setup was straightforward.

Our first implementation was through a vendor team. Their level of expertise was okay in the past.

Actually, I did not know because I am a consultant.

IDOL pricing and licensing are diverse and nothing different than other big companies.

Yes, we did.
Senior Technical Administrator at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Provides speed improvements over older Fetch architecture.

Valuable Features:

Connectors and CFS.

Improvements to My Organization:

Speed improvements over older Fetch architecture.

Room for Improvement:

Understanding how to optimize Lua Scripting configuration to improve performance. Lua Scripts added to a CFS configuration can cause the CFS processing to slow down, if the scripts are not scoped to only run against specific indexing jobs or database content. Having some guidelines or best practices on this topic would be very helpful.

Use of Solution:

Less than 1 year

Deployment Issues:

No issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

Nope

Implementation Team:

In-house

IT Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Enterprise search success has gone up, with users finding their hit on the first page of results.

Valuable Features:

Entity extraction, concept extraction, and overall extensibility with OOTB connectors.

Improvements to My Organization:

Enterprise search success (finding what documents you're looking for) has gone up over 30% with users finding their hit on the first page of results as opposed to the 2,3,4th or giving up entirely. Users are able to quickly find relevant Enterprise Content that enables them to be productive without spending hours looking for documentation or information.

Room for Improvement:

On-premise implementation and installation is very complicated. Documentation can always be improved along with user white-papers.

Use of Solution:

1 year.

Deployment Issues:

Mapping to our enterprise LDAP security model had several hurdles, as well as integrating with our SSO solution. All were resolved before deployment with the help of HPE.

Stability Issues:

No downtime in three months of being live in production.

Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
We like the ability to quickly implement a solution to resolve challenges with Enterprise Search across multiple platforms.

What is most valuable?

The ability to quickly implement a solution to resolve challenges with Enterprise Search across multiple platforms.

How has it helped my organization?

One location to find the information we need to answer questions, complete work or find people.

What needs improvement?

The interface needs to be mobile friendly, which I understand is in the backlog of future improvements.

Less than 6 months

Integration with our single sign on solution and some internal challenges.

Native search, product based.

There were some challenges with complexity which we overcame leveraging our partnership with HP.

Both in-house and vendor team.

We are just beginning to scratch the surface in ROI.  Satisfaction and ability to find relevant content has increased over 50% based on our before and after survey results.

We evaluated all products in the Gartner Magic Quadrant.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: WWT and HP are partners
Product Categories