IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

IBM Watson for Cyber Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IBM Watson for Cyber Security is #30 ranked solution in top Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools. PeerSpot users give IBM Watson for Cyber Security an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. IBM Watson for Cyber Security is most commonly compared to IBM QRadar: IBM Watson for Cyber Security vs IBM QRadar. IBM Watson for Cyber Security is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 59% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 32% of all views.

Download the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is IBM Watson for Cyber Security?
Watson for cyber security can draw security intelligence from millions of security blogs, online forums and white papers - so you can see threats unseen by other systems.
IBM Watson for Cyber Security Video

IBM Watson for Cyber Security Pricing Advice

What users are saying about IBM Watson for Cyber Security pricing:
"IBM Watson for Cyber Security is very simple to license and is priced well."

IBM Watson for Cyber Security Reviews

CraigBotha - PeerSpot reviewer
Enterprise IT Architect at BCX
Reseller
An innovative and stable product that is well maintained and always up-to-date
  • "The most valuable feature of this product is innovation, where the research and upgrading of technology never ends."
  • "This is an expensive product, so making it more cost-effective would be an improvement."

What is our primary use case?

I am a solution architect and IBM Watson is one of the products that I have experience with. We are in the telecom industry and we implement this product for our customers.

Our customers use IBM Watson as part of their security solution. Some of them implement it as a preventative measure, whereas others only choose to purchase it once they have had a problem. It varies from customer to customer, depending on what sort of budget they have.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this product is innovation, where the research and upgrading of technology never ends. That is one of the things that I really like about IBM. They continue to dedicate resources to keep pace with the massive leaps in technology.

What needs improvement?

This is an expensive product, so making it more cost-effective would be an improvement. As it is now, it is larger companies that implement it.

We have been using IBM Watson for at least ten years.

Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Splunk, Fortinet and others in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). Updated: July 2022.
622,645 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have had no issues in terms of stability.

The scalability is incredible.

I have not personally been in contact with technical support, although I'm sure that our in-house team has been in contact with them.

The initial setup is straightforward for anybody who works in the industry.

The length of time required for deployment depends on exactly what is being rolled out. If it's properly managed then the process will take a couple of weeks.

We have an in-house team for deployment and maintenance.

I believe we have eight engineers who work with this product.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering IBM Watson for Cyber Security is to research it properly and make sure that it's a product that you need because it's expensive. Engage with the IBM team early so that they can help you scope the best possible product, and get as much help as possible.

This is definitely a product I recommend. IBM is normally one step ahead and they come out with better features before I can even think of them. The only problem is that this product is expensive for customers who are just starting out.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Gian Michele Roletto - PeerSpot reviewer
SOC Manager at Nais Srl
Connects the dots between threats and provides actionable insight

What is our primary use case?

I work for a cybersecurity company. I use this platform to help our customers with security.

My colleague and I are analysts and penetration testers. We use Curata on a daily basis.

What is most valuable?

I can't think of a specific feature that really stands out, but this tool is very important for my job.

What needs improvement?

IBM Watson's website in general could be improved.

In the future, I would like to see threat intelligence included.

I have been using this solution for roughly two years.

The customer support is very good.

The complexity of the initial setup depends on the platform. In regards to Curata, deployment is not simple; however, as my colleague and I are specialists, as long as we study over the equipment, we can deploy it pretty easily.

As I am only a technician, I cannot comment on the price of this solution.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
July 2022
622,645 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Elena Stefanovska - PeerSpot reviewer
Sales Account Manager at InTec System
Reseller
Knowledgeable support, reliable, and useful compliance policies

What is our primary use case?

IBM Watson for Cyber Security can be deployed on-premise or in the cloud and it is used as a SIEM solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of IBM Watson for Cyber Security are ease of use and out-of-the-box reports and compliance policies. Additionally, if there are aspects that are missing IBM add them in the next release.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard could improve in IBM Watson for Cyber Security.

I have used IBM Watson for Cyber Security within the past 12 months.

IBM Watson for Cyber Security is stable.

The scalability of IBM Watson for Cyber Security is good.

The support from IBM is good and they are very knowledgeable.

IBM Watson for Cyber Security

IBM Watson for Cyber Security is very simple to license and is priced well.

What other advice do I have?

I rate IBM Watson for Cyber Security a ten out of ten.

Download our free Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Splunk, Fortinet, and more!
Updated: July 2022