Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Huawei eSight OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Huawei eSight is #6 ranked solution in top Network Management Applications and #44 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools. PeerSpot users give Huawei eSight an average rating of 6.8 out of 10. Huawei eSight is most commonly compared to Cisco DNA Center: Huawei eSight vs Cisco DNA Center. Huawei eSight is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the Network Management Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2022

What is Huawei eSight?

Huawei's eSight is a unified software suite for planning, operating, and maintaining complex enterprise ICT infrastructure from global, converged networks and data centers to multimedia and video communications that includes the facilities necessary for delivering performance and IT services. eSight provides a platform that supports infrastructure and devices from third-party providers, to develop custom management applications and improves O&M efficiency.

Huawei eSight Customers

Marina Bay, CITIC Pacific Mining

Huawei eSight Video

Huawei eSight Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Huawei eSight pricing:
  • "Its pricing is better than any other Huawei product. Some products are cheaper in Huawei, and some products are cheaper in Cisco. Cisco has more benefits and options than Huawei if you consider different network environments."
  • "Pricing depends on the competition. If your competitor is like Cisco, then Huawei is much more competitive when it comes to pricing."
  • "The price is very expensive."
  • Huawei eSight Reviews

Sr. Tech. Consultant - Network at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Useful RTLS feature and good support but needs automation options and better wireless reporting
    • "I like the real-time location monitor or RTLS feature. It is similar to the monitoring feature in Cisco Prime."
    • "eSight has many features and options, but sometimes, we feel that it should be more advanced, like Cisco. It would be good if they can enable some automation part in eSight. Most of our customers want automation in their network. They don't want a dependency on everything. That's why the automation part must be improved in Huawei. It will be beneficial for customers. Cisco has different products, and there are multiple products for monitoring, automation, etc. In the software-defined network, Cisco has ACI, and VMware has NSX. Such options must be there in Huawei to move to a software-defined network. Unlike Cisco, in the case of eSight, there is only one product. I am not aware of any other product. It would be good to enhance it with at least some automation options so that we can use it effectively in the campus network or big data center environment. When I implemented this Huawei solution, I faced some limitations in particular areas like wireless scanning. This is another part that they can improve. Wireless reporting option is not as effective as other monitoring solutions. For a particular use case, if a customer is asking for some reports, sometimes they are not 100% satisfactory. The reporting structure must be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We have multiple corporate customers here in Oman. We provide support to the customers for implementations and service issues.

There are many use cases. There are a lot of customers who are using the Huawei network. For one customer, we implemented the campus and the data center network with Huawei.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

eSight has many features and options, but sometimes, we feel that it should be more advanced, like Cisco. It would be good if they can enable some automation part in eSight. Most of our customers want automation in their network. They don't want a dependency on everything. That's why the automation part must be improved in Huawei. It will be beneficial for customers.

Cisco has different products, and there are multiple products for monitoring, automation, etc. In the software-defined network, Cisco has ACI, and VMware has NSX. Such options must be there in Huawei to move to a software-defined network. Unlike Cisco, in the case of eSight, there is only one product. I am not aware of any other product. It would be good to enhance it with at least some automation options so that we can use it effectively in the campus network or big data center environment.

When I implemented this Huawei solution, I faced some limitations in particular areas like wireless scanning. This is another part that they can improve. Wireless reporting option is not as effective as other monitoring solutions. For a particular use case, if a customer is asking for some reports, sometimes they are not 100% satisfactory. The reporting structure must be improved.

It is stable. We didn't face any problem when we implemented this product, and we also didn't face any major issues after the installation.

Network Management Applications
    October 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Huawei, Cisco, Aruba Networks and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: October 2022.
    635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is scalable. However, we are not able to install it with an auto-redundant node. We are not getting that option of redundancy or scalability. We have the option to install it in one single node.

Technical support is good from Huawei.

It is not always straightforward. It is sometimes complex, but we get good support from the documentation. We were able to achieve this because of the documentation support.

Its pricing is better than any other Huawei product. Some products are cheaper in Huawei, and some products are cheaper in Cisco. Cisco has more benefits and options than Huawei if you consider different network environments.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution depending upon the budget and requirements of a customer. If a customer is asking for automation, I have some Cisco products for automation. If a customer is asking for some low priced and cheap device, I have solutions in Huawei. It also depends on the network environment and the efficiency to handle the network in a particular technology. If a customer is very happy with Huawei and he is more knowledgeable about Huawei devices, he would prefer Huawei. Those having the Cisco devices would only prefer Cisco. Similarly, an HP customer would prefer HP. As a technical person, I have all the options. I am not bound to one option.

I would rate Huawei eSight a six out of ten.

Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    An integrated O&M solution that provides extensive details about Huawei devices on the network
    • "I like that it supports all our Huawei devices. Unlike other network monitoring tools that monitor Huawei devices, it provides more details when it comes to monitoring or management. We can get complete details about the devices, and management is also simple."
    • "It will be better if they can make the simple network topology part more presentable. It would also be better if they had API integration and integration with third-party devices."

What is our primary use case?

We deployed Huawei eSight as a monitoring tool for monitoring switches and access points.

How has it helped my organization?

Since we have a central monitoring system, we can proactively monitor those devices. Before it experiences major downtime, we can easily capture any abnormalities, and we can quickly address the issues before they became a bigger problem in the future. You don't have to go to a specific location to configure anything. All management will be done through eSight.

What is most valuable?

I like that it supports all our Huawei devices. Unlike other network monitoring tools that monitor Huawei devices, it provides more details when it comes to monitoring or management. We can get complete details about the devices, and management is also simple.

What needs improvement?

In my experience with eSight, I can tell you that you will experience a number of alerts that can be stressful to the administrator monitoring plenty of devices. They can simplify that part.

It will be better if they can make the simple network topology part more presentable. It would also be better if they had API integration and integration with third-party devices.

I have been dealing with Huawei eSight since 2016.

Huawei eSight is stable.

Huawei eSight is scalable.

Based on my experience, a long time ago, technical support wasn't so good. But through the years, they have improved their technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward if the installation goes quite smoothly. But if you encounter errors, you will encounter more complexity in the system. But Huawei offers tech support that can support you with that issue.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise new users to follow the installation manual provided on the Huawei website. All the details and steps are given there, including what steps to take if you encounter an error.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Huawei eSight an eight.

Network Management Applications
    October 2022
    635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    General Manager at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
    Allows real-time monitoring of backbone and switches but lacks integration
    • "eSight allows me to monitor and solve any problem in the backbone and any switch in real-time."
    • "Something that could be improved is the lack of integration with Cisco switches. In the next release, I would like to see better reporting."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is to monitor network devices and configure switches.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are monitoring and reporting.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for about a year.

The eSight solution is very stable.

This solution is scalable.

I have previously used Cisco Prime Infrastructure, which I prefer to eSight as it's fully integrated with Cisco devices.

The initial setup was straightforward, taking between two and four days.

I used a vendor team to implement.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this application for those using Huawei devices. I would give this solution a score of five out of ten.

Regional IT Correspondent, Center-Sud-Est at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
    Allows us to monitor our sales

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to monitor our sales. This solution is deployed on-premises.

There are four IT people using this solution in my company.

What needs improvement?

The price could be less costly.

I have been using this solution for three years.

The product is stable.

We haven't had any issues with technical support.

Deployment was done by another company. We had a contract with Huawei.

The price is very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.

Download our free Network Management Applications Report and find out what your peers are saying about Huawei, Cisco, Aruba Networks, and more!
    Updated: October 2022