IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

HPE Cloud Object Storage OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Cloud Storage Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is HPE Cloud Object Storage?

HPE Cloud Object Storage was previously known as HP Cloud Object Storage.

HPE Cloud Object Storage Customers

China Merchants Bank, Hexaware, Snagajob

HPE Cloud Object Storage Video

HPE Cloud Object Storage Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HPE Cloud Object Storage pricing:
"Licensing is based on a per terabyte basis."

HPE Cloud Object Storage Reviews

Consultant at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Good support, easy to set up, stable, and provides file sharing capability
  • "One of the features offered and used by many clients is file-sharing."
  • "Our customers in Canada cannot use it because it has to be compliant in the same country."

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers of hardware and solutions from manufacturers. We provide solutions for our clients.

There are many uses, but primarily to help their backups go faster. It takes too long to use the traditional backup tools, we go through Cohesity using object storage.

What is most valuable?

One of the features offered and used by many clients is file-sharing. It is not a NAS it is a way to give access to analytics, devops, staging etc.

What needs improvement?

Canada is not a big market for HPE. They offered a solution called Cloud Volumes that are based in Europe or in the U.S. Because of compliance reasons, it is not hosted in Canada.

Our customers in Canada cannot use it because it has to be compliant in the same country.

We would like it to be available to our clients in Canada as it is cheaper than going to AWS, Azure, or Google.

I would like to see the storage available to connect with other external solutions, other than just HPE. It is currently only available on their hardware. For example, for a customer who does not have HPE hardware, they should be able to connect or interact with the cloud volumes.

I have been dealing with HPE Cloud Object Storage for a year.

Cloud Storage
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dropbox, Nasuni and others in Cloud Storage. Updated: July 2022.
620,068 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The feedback from our clients is that it is very stable. They are very happy with it.

Updates are completed on a regular basis and well documented.

HPE Cloud Object Storage is scalable. You can add to it at any time, it's a matter of paying for it. As you want more space you get it instantaneously.

We started as a small company with 30 employees. We were recently purchased by a larger company and we now have 1500 employees.

I haven't had to contact technical support, but I know that it's mainly an HPE support center. As far as I know, the support they offer is good.

The initial setup is extremely simple. It's a portal where you pay for a subscription and you are ready to go. It's easy.

HPE does all of the maintenance, it's just a matter of connecting. You can do the updates yourself, but normally they are done through your support contract. Updates are required to be able to connect to the cloud. Updates are completed approximately twice a year.

Licensing is based on a per terabyte basis. It's a matter of how much you need, then you pay on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very competitive solution as long as you have it in the country of your choice and it meets with the compliance requirements, then it's okay.

I would check it out and compare it to other similar providers.

Research it well, and make sure that it meets your needs and requirements.

I would rate HPE Cloud Object Storage a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud