Fortinet FortiClient OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Fortinet FortiClient is the #1 ranked solution in top Endpoint Compliance tools, #1 ranked solution in top Enterprise Infrastructure VPN tools, and #6 ranked solution in endpoint security software. PeerSpot users give Fortinet FortiClient an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Fortinet FortiClient is most commonly compared to OpenVPN Access Server: Fortinet FortiClient vs OpenVPN Access Server. Fortinet FortiClient is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 48% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 23% of all views.
Fortinet FortiClient Buyer's Guide

Download the Fortinet FortiClient Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is Fortinet FortiClient?

FortiClient is a fabric agent that delivers endpoint protection, endpoint compliance, and secure access in a single, lightweight, lightweight client, providing visibility, information, and control to your endpoints. In addition, it enables secure, remote connectivity to the security fabric. It also integrates network and endpoint with segmentation and automation. FortiClient enables unified endpoint awareness by sharing endpoint telemetry with the security fabric. It is compatible with third-party EDR (endpoint detection and response and anti-malware solutions.

The FortiClient fabric agent can:

• Report on the status of a device, including firmware version and applications running.
• Send all suspicious files to a fabric sandbox.
• Enforce USB control, application control, URL filtering, and firmware upgrade policies.
• Provide application firewall service and malware protection.
• Enable devices to connect securely to the security fabric over either ZTNA tunnels or VPN (IPsec or SSL), both encrypted. The connection to the security fabric can be either a SASE service or a FortiGate next-generation firewall.

You can purchase FortiClient with one of three levels of capability:

Zero Trust security - The ZTNA edition enables both VPN and ZTNA encrypted tunnels, as well as USB device control and URL filtering.
Endpoint security - The EPP/APT edition adds AI-based NGAV (next-generation antivirus), application firewall, endpoint quarantine, and support for cloud sandbox.
Cloud-based endpoint security

Benefits and Features

• Fabric agent leverages integrations and provides telemetry information to the rest of the Fortinet security fabric.
• SAAS control and web/content filtering
• Dynamic access control helps with automation and simplifies compliance.
• Software inventory management enables visibility as well as management of licenses.
• Automated response detects and isolates any endpoints that may be compromised.
• ZTNA delivers better remote access and consistent application access policies
• Managed endpoint security services remotely assist with setup, configuration, deployment, vulnerability monitoring, and overall monitoring of endpoint security.

Reviews from Real Users:

IT Central Station users like that FortiClient is easy to use and integrates well with other solutions. They also appreciate the richness of its features and find it to be inexpensive in comparison to other products that require separate purchases for separate features.

Fortinet FortiClient was previously known as FortiClient.

Fortinet FortiClient Customers

Black Gold Regional Schools, Amadeus Hospitality, Jefferson County, Chunghwa Telecom, City of Boroondara, Dimension Data

Fortinet FortiClient Video

Fortinet FortiClient Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Fortinet FortiClient pricing:
  • "The price is reasonable compared to competitors, it is very good."
  • "The solution is more cost efficient than Cisco, as FortiGate tends not to charge for the client license, which allows one to make free use of whatever is supported on the device."
  • Fortinet FortiClient Reviews

Solutions Architect at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
    Reseller
    Can be used to deploy security to endpoints and also control the endpoints
    • "Starting from FortiGate and from the EMS server, you have to begin at the endpoint, and that's the most useful thing about using FortiClient."
    • "The deployment status is not good in Mac devices and sometimes in Windows-based devices using GPO, like Active Directory, that are not on the local network."

What is our primary use case?

There are two main use cases: the first is to deploy the security fabric environment from FortiGate to the endpoints so that there's only one policy in use. There's no need to deploy the policy in the firewall as well as the endpoint. So, if you deploy the policy in FortiGate, FortiClient can get that policy automatically.

The second is to control the endpoint, that is, to control the antiviral software and antispyware in general.

What is most valuable?

Telemetry has been valuable. Starting from FortiGate and from the EMS server, you have to begin at the endpoint, and that's the most useful thing about using FortiClient.

I haven't had to open a FortiClient support case yet with Fortinet because we have solved everything ourselves using the documentation provided. Information on deployment and that on how to solve many of the issues are well-documented in the Fortinet library.

What needs improvement?

The deployment status is not good in Mac devices and sometimes in Windows-based devices using GPO, like Active Directory, that are not on the local network. Deployment can be a painful task in these cases.

You need to get a management console in the cloud because the EMS server must be deployed on-premises in order to connect to FortiGate. This is because the on-cloud server is not deployed well. It's not good enough yet for the customer to use. So, the deployment cases and the management console of the EMS server must be improved.

Development of a mail protection feature would be nice because there's not one present right now. Something that looks at the email that's getting into the PC or the possibility to use a monitor for the EMS server would be great.

I have been working with this solution for around one year.

Fortinet FortiClient
    December 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiClient. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2022.
    656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Overall, the stability is okay. Ease of deployment, VPN access, and the policies are implemented well. I haven't had any need to restart the servers of the PC due to FortiClient.

The scalability is great, and you can scale it as the company grows.

In Windows 10 devices, the initial setup was okay. It is not really bad if you have access straight to the PC. Deploying unattended is a hard thing to do. Sometimes, it doesn't work using the GPO Active Directory.

Our deployment strategy is to install the solution in the lab using 10 devices, test all the policies, and after that deploy it to the whole company. The lab stage is really easy and is a nice experience.

When you have a massive deployment, because most of the uses are not in the local area to be covered, deployment has to be done using remote access. That's a painful task. We have had to deploy 190 devices almost manually because they were not on the local network.

My clients evaluated Sophos and Intercept X. They liked the ease of deployment with Intercept X because the control comes from working in the cloud. Sophos also has the management console on the cloud. However, the clients were already using Fortigate, so they wanted to keep that level of protection.

What other advice do I have?

It's a little harder to deploy on Mac devices. When I installed FortiClient, it didn't even work at the beginning. The user experience in Mac to check the antivirus and antispyware protection is not good.

In order to work with FortiClient very well, you need to deploy the VPNs through FortiGate. So those who would like to use Fortinet FortiClient would need to evaluate the bandwidth capacity and how they are going to use a feature that's called split tunneling. That's the main thing they have to consider in order to design their requirements for the person who is going to develop and implement it on the customer's side.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate Fortinet FortiClient at eight.

Sachin Vinay - PeerSpot reviewer
    Network Administrator at Amrita
    User friendly and easy to set up with a great split tunneling feature
    • "You can scale the product."
    • "FortiClient is not great in Linux."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution completely for VPN purposes. We have infrastructure VPNs, and our clients are completely relying on FortiClient.

How has it helped my organization?

We are providing SSL VPNs with separate IDs for all the clients. With the FortiClient software, they can use our service even from home, with all kinds of solutions - like public VDA. They can access the VDA from their home with FortiClient. They just need to connect to the solution and be directly accessible to this local VDA service.

What is most valuable?

It's a completely user-friendly solution for any kind of platform, including Linux, Windows, Mac, et cetera. Our clients rely entirely on FortiClient.

It has a great split tunneling feature. The split tunneling feature is good in cases when we want to browse the internet through the ISP connection without going through our organization. It's for the client to browse the internet without going through our organization. The remaining traffic will go through a web firewall, and only the public features will go through their ISP.

The solution is stable.

You can scale the product.

The solution is easy to set up, deploys quickly, and doesn't take too many people in terms of handling the setup.

Technical support is good.

It works well with other Fortinet products.

What needs improvement?

FortiClient is not great in Linux. Our clients report issues from some of their Linux versions where FortiClient has some issues. In Windows, it is perfectly fine. In Mac OS also, it is excellent; however, in Linux, it is somewhat tough to handle.

We would like to see user-based authentication. It is already there. However, we are not able to save profiles completely in many of the releases. We will need to type these user-based things again and again on each connection fail. Therefore, once it gets connected, it is not completely up. We need to connect again after a session time-out.

I've been using the solution for eight to nine years.

It is a stable product. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It is reliable.

The solution scales well. It's not an issue at all.

We have between 4,000 and 5,000 users on the solution. Maybe 3,000 students will use it, and around 2,000 faculty.

We do have plans to increase usage.

The technical support has been good. We've found them to be helpful and responsive.

We have used other private VPN solutions. For example, OpenVPN. FortiClient, however, completely works well with FortiGate solutions which is why we moved on with FortiClient.

We required two people to handle the setup process. It's completely configurable. We were able to have everything up and running in two or three days. It's pretty straightforward and doesn't take a long time. Our network administrators handled the setup. We have two people handling maintenance.

We didn't need any outside assistance. We handled everything in-house.

We have seen an ROI as it allows our users to work from home, which saves in-office resources. It's helped us cut down on our budget.

We license FortiClient as a VPN and don't require any other licenses.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and end-user.

I can't say which version number we are on at this time. We're likely on the most up-to-date version.

We like that the solution provides us with a more secure feeling. Also, client connectivity is not that difficult to configure. With the DNA in FortiClient, we can directly use the server from home. It is completely user-friendly and less time-consuming. Users can improve their production time greatly.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Fortinet FortiClient
    December 2022
    656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    IT Manager at SAI Systems
    Good device control, knowledgable support, and capable of expansion
    • "The initial setup is easy."
    • "Sometimes there are issues when we are trying to connect."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for endpoint protection.

Since there has been a lot of work from home, the product has given us more control over the users and what they are browsing. We can restrict their activity to our Fortinet cloud only. Having those controls in place - including what website they should browse, what data they should transfer or use, whose server is coming into their devices, how they're connected with geographical location, et cetera - keeps our company safer. Everything is helping us maintain the security of the devices that are not in the office.

What is most valuable?

With FortiClient we can control the devices which are not in the office. We are enforcing them to work with FortiClient only. If FortiClient is off, they cannot connect to the internet. They need FortiClient to be on. That one friction is what is making our life easier as system administrators and IT security support.

The initial setup is easy.

The solution scales well.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes there are issues when we are trying to connect. The error doesn't give us the proper feedback. Exactly what is wrong and how we can troubleshoot it is not clear.

We have approximately 500 users who are using FortiClient. They do not provide us a central point of how to deploy on all the users from one location. Manually, we have to go and install it on every user's system.

If we could have multiple VPN connections at the same time or a VPN channel to different VPNs, that would be ideal.

I used the solution for six or seven years.

The solution is very stable and very reliable. Its performance is good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

I'd rate the stability eight out of ten.

It is easily scalable.

We have about 100 users.

I've used support many times.

There are two aspects. One is reaching them and the second is getting support. So reaching them is a pretty tedious process. That said, if we reach them, then our resolution is a hundred percent what we get.

Positive

We were using Symantec. Then Symantec was overtaken by Broadcom. Once Broadcom took over, we were not getting the support that we used to get when it was really Symantec only.

We also tried to work with CrowdStrike and did not have a good experience with them. They wouldn't properly let us test the solution. They only let us test the basic antivirus and nothing else.

Earlier, we were using SonicWall. That global VPN client was not that stable, so we moved to Fortinet.

FortiClient is much better than the global VPN client of SonicWall as SonicWall Client is very limited, and it doesn't have a feature set, that we can upgrade in future. Fortinet Client can be upgraded. We don't have to reinstall, only handle the feature enabling. The scalability is excellent.

The solution is simple. It's not overly complex.

It's just three clicks, and it is installed. It doesn't take long at all.

We have about seven team members that can handle deployment and maintenance tasks.

The solution is more on the expensive side.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and end-user.

We had the solution deployed on-premises and on the cloud. We have a cloud-based appliance and physical appliances in each of our offices too. When our office wants to connect to Azure's cloud, we use the Fortinet appliance on the cloud to get connected and have the VPN established.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. I'd recommend it to others any day of the week.

Lead Architect at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
    Priced well, good customer support, stability needs improvement
    • "We find the VPN features valuable."
    • "There is lagging in some of the authentication tools to support the newer versions, this is happening because they are not supported."

What is our primary use case?

We typically use the solution for remote access. We do not typically use any of the other features.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved the way our organization functions.

What is most valuable?

We find the VPN features valuable.

What needs improvement?

SAML authentication was newly introduced (Post 6.2) but the free customizable version (Forticlient Configuration tool) from FNDN is still at 6.0.10. I would like to see in an upcoming release the free version of Forticlient Configuration tool supporting authentication and customizable for the customers. This is available in the FortiClient developing networks, but it is only available without SAML authentication.

Also would like to see more descriptive error messages when authentication fails in Forticlient specially when using forticlient VPN connection from Windows Login with Fortitoken as a 2FA

I have been using the solution for three years.

There are some stability issues with the solution, compared with other solutions such as Cisco. We were having glitches, bugs, and sometimes crashes.

The bugs that I received was on a PC on the client-side, the authentication would almost never provide feedback about what the cause of failure was. This was a usability related issue, it is not built on the actual firewall. We need to look at the application level to see what is really happening on the user level.

The solution is quite scalable, there are approximately 60 people using it.

I used technical support for FortiClient and I would say that they are good. They are knowledgeable and responsive. The product quality itself or the way in which it debugs is relatively complex to other solutions. This could be the reason why support is needed.

I rate Fortinet FortiClient technical support an eight out of ten.

We've used OpenVPN and it is quite limiting. However, It is free. We wanted to have a solution that was more scalable towards high-level deployment. In some countries, where we operate as well, OpenVPN is censored. We also used Cisco Anyconnect (As clients only with our customers)

FortiClient is excelling there because they are not censored or have features blocked.

Relatively straightforward

The install is not straightforward. It was complex and the guidelines are not straightforward. If you want to have something secure and segregated, it is advanced.

The base price should include basic VPN support in addition to Vulnerability scanning, and I think this is beneficial against other solutions. The price is reasonable compared to competitors, it is very good to upgrade to paid EMS + forticlient for the additional features covering Endpoint protection.

OpenVPN was our primary VPN solution for internal usage

What other advice do I have?

I would advise looking into the EMS feature we are considering it right now, it is worth investing into. In the free base solution for FortiClient, you do not get to customize your VPN solution in the with the client. The current versions that are available for FortiClient they are quite old. If you want to use the solution to its potential, get the Enterprise Management System (EMS). Additionally, purchase the customization of the FortiClient tool, it is also beneficial.

I gave this solution a seven out of ten because I would say its stability needs serious improvements, but on the upside it is relatively cheap to implement and free for basic features also well integrated into the Fortinet solution. To get my scoring up to a ten they need to have better stability.

I rate Fortinet FortiClient a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Zsolt Zalka - PeerSpot reviewer
    Corporate IT Manager at PRopex Furnishing Solutions
    Easy to use with good vulnerability scanning and patch management functionality
    • "It’s easy to use."
    • "While we like patch management, it would be nice if it could handle patch management for other solutions, like Microsoft."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for security purposes. It’s an endpoint management server.

It's for endpoint management, especially for the laptops or maybe the virtual laptop that is working, virtual desktops, servers, mainly vulnerability scanning, and just for management.

What is most valuable?

It’s easy to use.

The deployment was fast.

It's migrated to the security service. On the firewall, we can see if you are a client or not, so it's good for visibility.

It offers vulnerability scanning and is good at picking stuff up.

The solution offers useful malware protection.

The sandbox is okay also.

It’s good when using the VPN and remote access.

The patch management is pretty good.

What needs improvement?

We opened a ticket in Forti for a virtual desktop environment client to see if we could use it in the cloned desktop. We're using it in a virtual environment and need to sort that out so it also will work for cloned environments. They're working on that. However, it's not perfect right now.

I don't really want to add new features. However, I would like to add the zero-day protection that they offer in the FortiXDR solution to this product. Right now, it's another product. They are clever guys. They make you buy more than one solution instead of putting everything together.

We’ve used it for around a year and a half. We started using it around 2020 or thereabouts.

For the most part, the solution is stable. It depends. We always need to test the new versions. However, it seems stable even on the client side.

We are licensing to about 200 endpoints on the solution right now.

Everyone in the company uses the solution. Here, in Hungary, we're using a sync client and virtual desktops.

We are a small company, so scalability is not the issue. We don't need to worry about having 20,000 users and then suddenly getting another 50,000. That's really a scalability issue. However, right now, it's not an issue for 200 users. There’s not a question anyway in regards to scalability.

I previously used Ivanti. We moved to a virtual desktop environment and to Forti Fabric and it seemed better to move to FortiClient. It was cheaper as well. That said, Ivanti is a bigger solution, especially focused on physical desktops. We have no physical desktops, so we did not need them.

The initial setup is easy to use, which makes the deployment very quick.

The deployment was deployed by a partner.

It was easy to set up. The whole process maybe took one day.

The pricing was okay. They recently changed it. I just purchased it, and they doubled the price. It was not a very friendly move.

The problem is that the marketing guy is always working with forecasting, and they're crazy about their forecast. The vendor is crazy about the forecast, yet they doubled the price without warning me. It's very hard to make a budget that way.

It's paid every year. This year, when I saw the price, I thought, "oh my God, it's double what was in the last year." For 200 users, that was not very, very painful. However, you need to explain to everyone why you spent more.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, it’s a good product. I'd rate it a nine out of ten.

It’s great if you have other Fortigate products.

FrançoisNolin - PeerSpot reviewer
    Cybersecurity architect at Alithya
    Easy to set up and user-friendly with good support
    • "It’s really easy to use."
    • "It would be interesting if the solution offered a way to try to investigate and create a use case to trace vectors."

What is our primary use case?

FortiClient is for the VPN. FortiClient is used with FortiGate. We have 100 users across both North America and Europe. We created a rule with the firewall to authorize the countries we are in, and we have rules to authorize specific IPs. We have to link to the internet.

How has it helped my organization?

The incidents in the log have been very useful. Some projects are really a pain to investigate. This helps.

What is most valuable?

The solution is user-friendly. It’s really easy to use. It is not like Cisco where GUI is really bad.

I don't have really issues with them. In terms of features, everything is easier.

When you want to find any information, you have documentation on hand that is easy to use.

You have good support and the price is good.

The solution is very easy to set up.

What needs improvement?

I’m not sure what exactly can be improved.

I’ve used the solution for more than two years.

We don’t have any issues with stability. It’s been fine. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn’t crash or freeze. We don’t have any issues with the internet or power supplies.

We have about 100 users on the solution currently. We don’t really scale it.

Technical support has been excellent. They are fantastic.

Positive

I used a different solution. However, it does not cover the same responsibilities.

Sometimes, for SOCs, I’ve looked at WatchGuard, Palo Alto, Cisco, and Check Point.

The initial setup was simple and straightforward. It wasn’t difficult at all.

I wasn’t a part of the initial setup and we tried to switch since the first time the person deployed it. In FortiGate, he used the wrong setting and the wrong methodology. We had to try to make some changes without creating any issues with the production.

It is very easy when you start at the beginning. It is not long to deploy.

We handled the setup ourselves in-house. However, when I leave the company, likely they will try working with a third party as they don’t have the time and have a contract with other clients.

I don’t deal with anything related to pricing or costs or ROI.

I don’t know the exact pricing of the solution. It’s not an aspect I worry about.

To compare every project on FortiClient you have and compare it with Palo Alto. Palo Alto offers a few more powerful new features. You can automate the use case. You have internet analysis and endpoint analysis. I would like to see the same options in FortiClient.

What other advice do I have?

I administrate FortiGate.

Within my new job, I am trying to be a partner with FortiGate and FortiClient to sell it to other clients. I have to get my certification just to be expert

I’d advise users to just look into best practices. Maybe try to join a training session. You can also simply go on the internet and try to find the best practices that make sense for you.

I’d rate the solution eight out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
    Senior Network Consultant at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
    MSP
    Stable, scalable and more cost efficient than Cisco
    • "The stability is pretty good."
    • "There should be more frequent releases or updates."

What is most valuable?

Fortinet FortiClient supports SSL VPN.

What needs improvement?

Not too many releases have been made. The latest concerned version seven. The one before it, six, was around for a long time. From the client's perspective, there has not been released anything which fully stacks up against Cisco. There should be more frequent releases or updates.

The stability is pretty good.

The scalability is pretty good.

I cannot comment on tech support as I have not had dealings with it.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward, since even Cisco can use a called SDM when it comes to FortiGate supporting a web interface. However, FortiGate is more convenient in some cases.

The solution may take new engineers some time to familiarize themselves with it, but it is, fortunately, close to Cisco in its concept. This means that if one has a background with Cisco, he can easily adopt all the functions and configuration procedures to the solution, including the command line from the FortiGate scenario.

The solution can initially be a pain for new users and may take around two weeks for one to properly familiarize himself with it. At this point, one can quickly understand the entire procedure.

Not too many releases have been made. The latest involved version seven and the one before it, six, was around for a long time. From the client's perspective, there has not been released anything which fully stacks up against Cisco. There should be more frequent releases or updates.

In certain scenarios we would simply deploy FortiGate VPN, which we find to be comparatively more convenient, simple and stable than Cisco. I am talking about the FortiClient. It is also more cost efficient, as FortiGate tends not to charge for the client license, which allows one to make free use of whatever is supported on the device.

I would recommend the solution to others, even when it comes to my friend, who has a small business, for which FortiGate compares more favorably than that of Cisco. If having a fancy system is not important to the person, but he is simply looking for a workable and stable solution, then FortiGate is the way to go.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution to others, even when it comes to my friend, who has a small business, for which FortiGate compares more favorably than that of Cisco. If having a fancy system is not important to the person, but he is simply looking for a workable and stable solution, then FortiGate is the way to go.

I rate Fortinet FortiClient as a nine out of ten.

Network Infrastructure Manager at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Good dashboards and customization but needs better AI
    • "The initial setup is very good."
    • "Fortinet needs to cover more areas where threats can come from."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as anti-malware.

What is most valuable?

The dashboard is great.

It offers good customization and integration with other software.

The initial setup is very good.

What needs improvement?

The artificial intelligent aspect of it needs improvement. Having worked with Sophos Intercept X before, I found it fascinating, especially the integration between the endpoint agents and the file. The synchronized security in that solution was great.

However, with Fortinet, it's not as easy. Sophos was simpler. With Sophos, when you are securing your assets, you are securing not only the network perimeter but also the endpoints. And the threats are coming from all sorts of directions. They can come from the internet or a USB. Fortinet needs to cover more areas where threats can come from.

We've been using the solution for 12 months.

Currently, we have not had any major issues in stability. I will still say that we are still experimenting with it as the product is very new. That said, in general, it is stable.

The solution can scale, and we can still scale it as well. It could be expanded further and it could be used more extensively used in our organization. We likely will increase usage.

Their products are very highly scalable. They know how to develop products that adapt to the demands that come in the industry. That is why even experimenting on some of their products is very easy for many organizations.

The product is very responsive. We are happy with them.

Positive

I've also used Sophos, which is a pretty easy, broad solution.

I've also used Kaspersky.

The setup, the design, and the deployment are pretty straightforward.

The deployment can happen in just a matter of hours.

How many people you need for maintenance depends on the organization's size. It can be done by one person.

I used to do the deployment. Right now, I do have a team that is in charge of that.

We looked into CrowdStrike, however, we did not go to the point of running a proof of concept. They suggested among the software that we were looking at, of course, Intercept X. Sophos, the endpoint agent, is very, very bulky, however. It tends to make most computers become slow when installed, so that was out of the question.

There is Gartner reporting that informs a lot of decisions when it comes to solutions that organizations choose to go for. The ones that are higher up in the ranking in the Gartner are what most organizations will go for. That said, we like to experiment with different industry solutions to gain insights.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer and end-user.

We are using the latest version of the product.

I don't interact it on a day-to-day basis. I'm not technical.

I appreciate Fortinet as one of the industry leaders, and its product portfolio is very extensive.

I'd recommend the solution. Fortinet is an industry leader. It is known especially for the FortiGate Firewall.

We have not yet exhausted their entire portfolio. Still, I have a lot of respect for Fortinet. I will highly recommend them, whether it's a cloud solution or it's a network security solution, or an endpoint security solution.

I would rate the solution six out of ten. It's still early days and I haven't looked at it exhaustively.

Download our free Fortinet FortiClient Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: December 2022