Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Entrust IdentityGuard OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Entrust IdentityGuard is #9 ranked solution in top Authentication Systems. PeerSpot users give Entrust IdentityGuard an average rating of 9.6 out of 10. Entrust IdentityGuard is most commonly compared to Microsoft Authenticator: Entrust IdentityGuard vs Microsoft Authenticator. Entrust IdentityGuard is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 59% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 16% of all views.

Download the Authentication Systems Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Entrust IdentityGuard?

Entrust IdentityGuard is a software-based authentication solution. The solution serves as an organization's single comprehensive software-based authentication platform, bridging you to emerging technologies for strong mobility, cloud and credentialing offerings. Improve confidence for online transactions and identity authentication for access to applications or resources.

Entrust IdentityGuard was previously known as IdentityGuard.

Entrust IdentityGuard Customers

Bank of New Zealand, CRISIL, Banco Mercantil, G_teborg University, Ministry of Economic Development of New Zealand, Ocean Systems, Skanska, Societe Generale, Susquehanna Bancshares

Entrust IdentityGuard Video

Entrust IdentityGuard Reviews

LuisRodriguez1 - PeerSpot reviewer
Support Manager at Sefisa
MSP
Easy to use, reliable, with very consistent documentation

What is our primary use case?

We cover most of the banks here in Panama and the rest of Central America with the solution. It's very good. Our customers use the solution for authentications in online banking and transactions and cloud portals (like for example, Office 365), among other things. They also use it for accessing their VPNs, desktops, or servers.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to use and very reliable. Their documentation is very consistent. They do introduce new features, but they do not change everything with new versions. It's very easy for customers to adapt to a new version.

Besides that, for example, for customers that require programming, they always keep three APIs on each person. For example, let's say that we're on version 12 right now and version 13 comes out. The API that I'm using for version 12 will be still usable for version 13. That means that I don't have to record everything again. I can still use my same programming and source code. That's very good because they keep three versions of the API in that sense. It's easy for customers to navigate.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if the on-prem Entrust Identity Enterprise solution could have the same features as the cloud version because the latter is more easy to use. New features are always implemented on the cloud version first. In turn, I would also like to see the reporting that's available in the on-premise version on the cloud.

I have been using Entrust Identity Enterprise for maybe 12 years now.

Authentication Systems
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Entrust Datacard, RSA, Venafi and others in Authentication Systems. Updated: September 2022.
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Entrust Identity Enterprise is very stable both on the cloud and on-premise. It's very stable.

Both versions of the solution are scalable. It's so scalable that you can even migrate from the on-premise version to the cloud version. That is something that they have done very well.

They do have good support.

I found the initial setup on the on-prem version difficult. However, the setup of the cloud version is very straightforward. The part of the process that deals with sending messages is more difficult in the on-prem version. However, authentication is very good in the on-premise version and the reporting tool there is better than on the cloud. So, each version has its own strengths.

Furthermore, deployment with the cloud version happens in a matter of minutes. All you have to do is open an account and the solution is already waiting for you. You only have to set something up if you're doing like a VPN. On premise, it can take a bit longer; maybe a couple of hours. This is all because you have to set up a database and an application server for the solution, which takes longer.

What other advice do I have?

Entrust Identity Enterprise is a very mature product. It is very reliable and there are many use cases for which you can use the solution. You can deploy it for many things, including BPS, authentication of servers, authentication of block stations, authentication of cloud portals, authentication of customers, online banking websites, and e-commerce.

Laura Ureta - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Security Manager at Banco Bolivariano
Mobile security app that is flexible, user friendly and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We make use of Entrust for the banking solutions for our clients. It monitors access when certain users are from outside the organization.

What is most valuable?

This solution is flexible and easy to use for our clients. We use it with different kinds of applications and integrate it with different processes.

What needs improvement?

We are introducing new processes and are migrating to a new version. Once we explore new functionalities, we'll be able to assess what could be improved.

We have been using this solution for 15 years.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution.

We have received good support from the customer service team.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free Authentication Systems Report and find out what your peers are saying about Entrust Datacard, RSA, Venafi, and more!
Updated: September 2022