Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Zapier OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Zapier is #10 ranked solution in top Cloud Data Integration tools. PeerSpot users give Zapier an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Zapier is most commonly compared to MuleSoft Composer: Zapier vs MuleSoft Composer. Zapier is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 59% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
Zapier Buyer's Guide

Download the Zapier Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Zapier?

Zapier is a tool for primarily non-technical users to connect together web apps.

An integration between two apps is called a Zap. A Zap is made up of a Trigger and one or more Actions or Searches.

Whenever the trigger happens in one app, Zapier will automatically perform the actions or searches in another app in order.

Zaps are very lightweight and easy to set up. Zaps do not import or export old data (they only operate on new items created after the Zap is enabled). Zaps are also not kept in sync ("two way syncing") after the Zap is triggered.

Zaps are deceivingly simple if you're used to dealing with complex and difficult integrations. Their simplicity is what enables anyone to create them.

Zapier Customers

BuzzFeed, Groupon, Spotify, Columbia University, FOX

Zapier Video

Zapier Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Zapier pricing:
  • "It's very straightforward licensing. There's only one cost you have to pay, and if you want a relevant pricing plan, I think you have two or three different models or packages which include the number of notifications or Zaps, as they call it, that you can program."
  • "The price of Zapier is approximately $75 monthly."
  • Zapier Reviews

Founder & CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Streamlines our system-to-system task automation at the scale we need
    • "We find it effortless to set up. We really don't have to do anything other than finding the application in the Zapier catalog. And as long as the application has been re-integrated into Zapier, they're able to then just provide the connection details and hook it up."
    • "System-to-system is fine, but when it comes to system-to-user, where Zapier is helping to communicate to a user, that's a one-way communication. If that user has to perform some action on that notification, the action isn't handled by Zapier. So there's no way to orchestrate that and it's very cumbersome."

What is our primary use case?

Zapier is more on the notification side. We're doing work for a last-mile logistics company which deals with vegetables, meaning that it's farm to table. They're trying to eliminate storage and they want to make it as fresh as possible to the table itself.

They have their GPS-enabled vehicles, and sometimes trucks, picking it up. So they have to track them all. They have to track all vehicles, whether it's their own or third-party, all the way, for all exceptions, and then suitably handle it.

They also have the delivery sites and there are a lot of exceptions that happen. They use another third party called Bookam for last-mile delivery tracking.

Again, a lot of exceptions happen that are not tracked by Bookam, so we take care of the exceptions. Those events come to us, and through Zapier we then process them all.

It's third-party tracking events, with GPS events on one side, all of which are tracked by the applications. We take the events from them and push it into Zapier for orchestration, and from there on we alert the right parties.

How has it helped my organization?

With Zapier we are easily able to set up a custom notification and event-tracking service in only a few hours as opposed to several days. It has really cut down on the time needed to get up and running with the day-to-day operations in our line of work.

What is most valuable?

One thing about being able to select the particular event: If we want to track activity from any third-party application, and then perform some actions on it, whether it is going in and putting something in some database or doing some communication, like an email or whatever. We are able to do so and integrate very easily. So we integrate with Twilio, we integrate with Google Mail, Google SMTP, and then we also integrate with CRM applications, and so on.

So it's an event-orchestrated thing. We're able to very easily pick the events that we want, which is very straightforward, and then be able to perform different actions, some communication, and information and data actions, on that event.

We are able to do that in almost a few hours as opposed to several days. This is what's so exceptionally powerful for us.

What needs improvement?

The only thing that we find that could be better is system-to-user task automation. That's actually where we come in and what gives us work.

If they're able to move Zapier in that direction, with two-way communication between the users and Zapier, it will be very powerful.

Zapier
    September 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Zapier. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
    635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using Zapier for two and a half years.

It's a very stable product. The logging is comprehensive and it also has reliable logging applications for all the different states of everything that is logged, which is excellent for troubleshooting issues.

It's possible to scale, but we have not gone too far with it. Given how Zapier is being used currently, I definitely think it's a very scalable product for the volumes that we want. I don't see a problem there.

I don't think we've had any issues with technical support. The only problems that we have had were more about clarifications, for which we called on maintenance staff. And I believe we didn't have a problem with that, nor did we need to use live support at all.

Everything was very straightforward. The first deployment itself was a couple of days. And then every time we have new requests coming in, they're doing it in a day or two. With all the testing and everything, it takes a couple of days, maximum.

We are a small organization with about four or five people working with Zapier. We are the integrators, and we also do a few other things also that Zapier is not able to do. We address some of those gaps in our own implementation.

Before we started using Zapier exclusively we also tried Microsoft Flow (now called Microsoft Power Automate). And there was one more product that we looked at. I don't know if it was Appian or something similar.

Microsoft Flow is definitely one of the solutions that we looked at, but Zapier was much more comfortable for us to use. I think Microsoft Flow had a lot more features, but we didn't need them.

What other advice do I have?

I definitely recommend Zapier if your use case is very similar to ours, meaning that it's a bit of task automation between system-to-system. It's a great product.

And if you want to do any unidirectional communication to users, it's also a great product. But if you want to try and push a notification and then get something back from the user, then it's got shortfalls, and you will need to do something more than just use Zapier.

I would rate Zapier an eight out of ten.

Fabien Sarran - PeerSpot reviewer
    Founder at Leadspotion
    Helpful support, stable, and saving time doing repetitive tasks
    • "The most valuable feature of Zapier is it saves me time doing repetitive tasks."
    • "Zapier needs to improve in the same way most RPA solutions should, such as Robocorp, Make, or UiPath. They are not good at helping you find the connections that you need for the problem that you have. For example, if need something on Instagram. I'm going to have to do research for hours to be able to find the components or the app, which is going to do what I need it to do. It makes it difficult to use the system when you don't know what to use."

What is our primary use case?

I am using Zapier for social media and data workflows. There are a lot of use cases.

How has it helped my organization?

Zapier has helped my organization, similar to any other RPA, by saving me time doing repetitive tasks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Zapier is it saves me time doing repetitive tasks.

What needs improvement?

Zapier needs to improve in the same way most RPA solutions should, such as Robocorp, Make, or UiPath. They are not good at helping you find the connections that you need for the problem that you have. For example, if need something on Instagram. I'm going to have to do research for hours to be able to find the components or the app, which is going to do what I need it to do. It makes it difficult to use the system when you don't know what to use.

When you have an issue and you're trying to find a solution, they make it difficult for you to figure out if you can use their solution to solve it.

I have been using Zapier for more than 10 years.

Zapier is stable. If I even had an issue, it is fixed within one day.

The scalability of Zapier can be good but it depends on what kind of scalability. We can use multiple applications and if we have enough money to pay for the usage, then it scales well.

We have three users using the solution in my company. We have plans to increase usage in the future.

The support from Zapier is good. Everything was always resolved but sometimes it just took a little bit longer than usual but those times were limited.

The initial setup of Zapier is very easy.

We did the implementation of Zapier in-house.

I do the maintenance of the solution and the maintenance is similar to any other RPA. You don't touch it until there's a problem or you need to do some adjustments to it. If there's a problem, then you figure out what the problem is and then you fix it, and then you don't touch it again until there's a new improvement to do. That's the beauty of it.

We have received a return on investment from using Zapier. However, it s how you calculate your return. Sometimes it's more difficult to calculate the ROI because it's things that you don't do or it's things that are being done by the system.

The price of Zapier is approximately $75 monthly.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is they should do their research on what they can and cannot do with Zapier. For example, I can do stuff with Zapier but Zapier has limitations, I am then obliged to use a webhook to go to Pabbly who can do something a little bit better than Zapier. Then I move on to another webhook to another system that can do something else. You jump from platforms because they don't all do the same thing and they don't all gather things the same way.

I rate Zapier a nine out of ten.

While the solution is lacking in some areas, and it's not always perfect is why I didn't give it a ten.

Zapier
    September 2022
    635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Technical Content Writer at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
    Easy to integrate with great automation and lots of tools
    • "The solution is a SaaS and does not require a complex setup."
    • "The pricing of the solution is quite expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for a Google Sheets integration.

What is most valuable?

Its integration capabilities and the kind of automation it provides to the user are fantastic. It has integration with lots and lots of tools.

The solution is very stable.

Scalability is achievable.

The solution is a SaaS and does not require a complex setup.

What needs improvement?

The pricing of the solution is quite expensive.

I've been using the solution since I've been in this company - for maybe two years. It's my understanding we were using it before 2016.

The stability is great. There are no bugs or glitches. it's reliable. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution scales well. A company can expand it if it needs to.

Since you can integrate most of your tasks, the scalability is there. You don't have to manually do it yourself. Zapier does it for you. There are immense possibilities to scale your business through Zapier.

In our organization, maybe around six to seven people have access to this product.

We might increase usage, although right now, that is not the plan.

I cannot say whether we have contacted technical support or not. So far, we haven't been in any situations where we feel difficulties or complexities. While we might have contacted them as an organization, I personally have never needed to. Therefore I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

Before Zapier I don't know if we uses a different cloud data integration solution or not.

It's a SaaS product. We don't have to install it on any device.

There is no technical team needed for the installation as there is no such installation required.

The cost of the solution is high. It's a bit costly as compared to Tableau or other solutions that are available in the market.

I've seen situations where there are individual users and they prefer to keep it on a monthly basis, however, our organization uses it under a yearly subscription. Companies, based upon the users, can increase or decrease the users as per their requirements.

There's a tool called Tableau that is similar.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend Zapier to people - especially if they want to scale their business or they want to automate most of their tasks. Zapier is highly recommendable.

I'd rate them at a nine out of ten overall.

Founder & CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Integration software that is very easy to set up and is intuitive to use for beginners

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to integrate different third-party software. We use it with service management software such as Zendesk, Freshworks and Jira. When events take place in that software, we use Zapier to pick up that event and perform specific actions. It is used to integrate a number of different solutions.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of this solution is that it is very intuitive and has a very flat learning curve.

What needs improvement?

Some recent changes to the solution have made it bulky and not as intuitive to use as it previously was.

This is a scalable solution.

We have not needed any major technical support.

This solution is very easy to start using.

There are three variations of pricing. We use the middle one.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Zapier to anybody that is trying to do a similar kind of integration or who has a similar kind of business use case.

Sarthak Swain - PeerSpot reviewer
    Salesforce Developer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Powerful tool used to connect Salesforce to a number of different tools
    • "Zapier is user friendly and makes it easy to integrate different tools. It has a drag and drop functionality which makes it easy to connect environments."
    • "The user interface for Zapier could be improved. It also takes some time to sync the data between different environments."

What is our primary use case?

We use Zapier to integrate Salesforce with other tools that we use within our organization.

What needs improvement?

I have used this solution for one year.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We consulted a third party to implement this solution.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very good solution and I would recommend using it for integrations. There are other similar tools which have the same functionality but I have not used those so I would recommend Zapier.