Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection is #19 ranked solution in endpoint security software. PeerSpot users give Webroot Business Endpoint Protection an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. Webroot Business Endpoint Protection is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Webroot Business Endpoint Protection vs Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Webroot Business Endpoint Protection is popular among the small business segment, accounting for 46% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.
Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Buyer's Guide

Download the Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Webroot Business Endpoint Protection?

Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection offers a unique security approach that protects against threats across numerous vectors; including email, web browsing, file attachments, hyperlinks, display ads, social media apps, and connected devices like USB drives, as well as other blended threats with the potential to deliver malicious payloads. SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection is fully cloud-based management, means no on-premises hardware or software is needed and the console is always up to date and there are no definitions or signatures to deploy and manage. Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection offers highly accurate and effective endpoint malware prevention with a range of additional security shield capabilities that keep both the user and the device safe, Malware detection occurs continuously in real time, so performance issues fade away.

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection was previously known as Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection.

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Customers

Mytech Partners

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Video

Archived Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Reviews (more than two years old)

Senior Network Engineer at Computer Consultants
Poor quality with unreliable prevention and detection capabilities
  • "Their policy management, their cloud-based dashboard and user interface are very easy to navigate."
  • "Webroot is very reactionary. It waits until the threat is active within memory to try and detect it. They need better pre-execution detection and prevention."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is that they have the lightest agent. It's only six MBs that install in a matter of seconds and is very lightweight.

The solution has a very minimal impact on the machine. There's negligible performance impact on the machine and to the endpoints.

Their policy management, cloud-based dashboard and user interface are very easy to navigate.

What needs improvement?

We find that their quality has fallen off over the years. Unfortunately, it just doesn't provide a level of protection that's needed at this point.

They need better prevention and detection. Too many threats are getting through their protection, and causing an infection of the machines, actually.

I've been using the solution for five or six years at this point.

The solution's stability is at about 99%. They have had a few bugs in the past five years that we've been using their product, however, for the most part, it's very stable and has no major issues.

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Webroot Business Endpoint Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
632,539 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution can certainly scale. We have 2,400 agents with absolutely no issues. I'm sure it can go to 10,000 or even probably up to 20,000, no problem.

I would say on a scale of one to 10, I'd give them a five. Their support is just average. We have had to call in tech support for certain situations, and usually, the response is quick, but resolving the issue is not.

The initial setup was very straightforward. It wasn't complex at all. We found it to be quite easy.

The solution is pretty cheap, actually. At our level, which is at 2,500 endpoints, we're paying 87 cents an agent per month.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of SecureAnywhere, which is for the MSP side. We have a multitenant setup. We have about 2,400 agents deployed currently, and that's what we're using for protection for our clients. We haven't had too many attacks, however, we have had some ransomware situations for some of our clients and that's what caused us to initiate our evaluation project. Webroot used to be really good when they first came out, but now they've completely fallen behind, sadly.

I would advise others to skip Webroot. It doesn't provide adequate levels of protection at this point. They would need to evolve, or improve, their prevention and detection engines before I would recommend their services.

I'd rate the solution three out of ten overall.

Larry Mackey - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr Project Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Low maintenance with good scalability but needs better DNS support
  • "We've not had any issues with scalability. If an organization needs to expand, they can do so quite easily."
  • "Technical support is not the best. It's hard to get a hold of them if we need help. It's something that definitely needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

All of our machines have Webroot installed on it and actively engage in endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is the fact that it is a low profile environment as far as overhead on the machines. It continuously updates automatically. For the most part, to the end-user, it's virtually invisible, and to the admins, it's a low maintenance environment.

What needs improvement?

Tech support needs to be improved. If we have an issue, and we don't have an issue very often, trying to get support's attention is a really difficult endeavor. Their DNS support is underwhelming. There are side portions of their environment that we don't use because it creates more problems than it's worth.

The feature that we would most like to see incorporated is DNS support. At the moment their DNS solution is problematic.

I've been using the solution for about five years.

It's a mixed bag. From the software standpoint, it's a fairly secure environment. From a corporate standpoint, it's a significant black hole at the moment.

Every user in the company has Webroot installed on their machine From the CEO down, everybody gets it installed on their machine. We're a small company, however. We only have 20 employees. We don't have hundreds or thousands of users. Still, it's used by everyone. In that sense, I don't think we can grow the usage any more than we already have. It is 100% utilized and I'm not sure it can go any higher than that.

We've previously used Avast, McAfee, and a couple of other solutions and they all caused problems. When we moved over to Webroot a lot of those issues went away.

The initial setup isn't complex. It's relatively straightforward. You just have to install it on the platform. From an admin standpoint, that's the gist. You install it and let it go and then verify it on the dashboard. That's all.

Deployment is very fast. It only takes about two to three minutes.

I can't recall the exact pricing, but I believe there is a monthly fee of $20-30 per user.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We aren't consultants or resellers.

We're using the most up to date version of the solution. All of our users are geographically diverse, so we're basically all diversely distributed.

At the moment it's a great product. They recently got acquired by Carbonite and I'm still trying to sort out what the fallout is from a corporate standpoint. Otherwise, for the near term, it's a good product. We're just a bit worried due to the fact that we've dealt with other products from Carbonite in the past and it's left a bad taste in our mouth. We're kind of looking around for other options on the assumption that the Carbonite is going to put their touch on this and destroy it like the other solutions.

Currently, as it stands as a product now, I would rate it seven out of ten overall.

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection
September 2022
632,539 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ramy Elsayed - PeerSpot reviewer
Administrator at zuuTech
Keeps mobile devices secure against vulnerabilities or any attacks
  • "It is excellent endpoint protection for mobiles that does everything it says it will."
  • "It would be nice if it had a feature for automatically generating reports on the client end for device status, security status and backup information."

What is our primary use case?

We are a small managed-service provider. One of the services we are providing to our clients is the endpoint protection for mobiles. We are also offering cybersecurity for computers and of course backup plus technical support. So mobile endpoint protection is just one of the various services we are providing.

We install Webroot Endpoint Protection for mobiles for our clients so that we can keep mobiles secured. In case the mobile is stolen or lost, we can wipe everything from the device from our end. We can also locate the mobile and lock the mobile if it is connected to the internet.

What is most valuable?

Of course, keeping the mobile devices secure against vulnerabilities or any attack that might happen is the most valuable thing the product designed for that purpose can do. We did not actually use the wipe or locate or locking at all because did not need to use it. But it is good that it is there because some of our clients who are using their mobile devices have sensitive information on their devices. If there was a case they lost it at any time, they need to make sure that this info does not fall into the wrong hands. With Webroot Endpoint Protection, they were protected from this.

What needs improvement?

I think the one bad point about this product is that we did not find a way for Webroot to generate reports or schedule automatic reports to be sent to clients. These would be reports on the status of their device, the status of their security, and information about backups. The option for providing this information is not there and we cannot run the scan from our end. It must be run from the client's end.

My only other hope would be that they would still continue providing this product. But they have scheduled it for end-of-life on March 1st or April 1st. I do not know why they are removing it from the market. But it is obviously their decision to make.

We have been using the Webroot Endpoint Security solution for between two and three years.

The Endpoint Protection product has gotten increasingly more stable over time and it does everything described.

The scalability of the product is very good. It is generally very good software, that is why we are using it. We did not face problems with the software or have experiences with the devices that it was running on performing poorly when the application is running.

In our company, we have over 100 users who are using it. We have a support team of about seven for maintenance with the clients and internally.

We did not previously use any centralized endpoint protection before starting to use this product. This was the first time. Before that, we normally recommended to our clients that they use antivirus solutions that are free for mobile devices. But, we did not have a centralized management console like a Webroot or the additional advantages.

We are currently using Webroot for both computers and mobiles but we are looking for another solution for mobile endpoint protection because Webroot will no longer offer mobile endpoint protection as of March. They are ending this department or this product. So this is why we are looking for an alternative solution for mobile endpoint protection. It has to be a similar mobile endpoint protection solution because as a reseller we want to have a centralized admin management console to have true endpoint protection for our clients' mobiles, tablets, Android or iOS.

The initial setup for the product is straightforward. We do not deploy it to all our customers at one time because it needs to go on individual devices. When a customer signs up for using the product we need to deploy it on their device. The process does not take more than a few minutes and it is an easy process.

We do not yet have a shortlist of possible solutions to replace Webroot because we are still evaluating what is available in the market that will fulfill our needs. The whole team is looking and we are planning to create a shortlist from what we find and then properly evaluate the possibilities.

What other advice do I have?

My advice about this product is that it is a very good solution and offers a stable and trusted software that runs smoothly and is easy to deploy. It was missing some features that were desirable like reporting, but it was good a solution. I really do not know why they are not providing the product anymore, especially considering that most people right now are using tablets and mobiles — not computers as much as before. Their policy has them heading in another business direction. I would have preferred to stay with the product.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Webroot Endpoint Protection as about an eight. But even concerning adding reporting and maybe some other minor features, I do not think the product would be a ten because I am convinced there is no software product that is absolutely perfect. A ten is something I have not seen before.

Chief Technology Officer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good endpoint navigation protection, cloud integration capabilities and a straightforward setup
  • "The most valuable features of the solution include the endpoint navigation protection, the protection related to the EMS service, as well as the control and the cloud integration capabilities."
  • "There needs to be more advanced analytics. It would make it a more powerful antivirus solution within the marketplace."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of the solution include the endpoint navigation protection, the protection related to the EMS service, as well as the control and the cloud integration capabilities.

What needs improvement?

There's no static analysis inside their solution. The solution should add the capability to use cloud access so that we can provide clients with an endpoint code.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The stability of the solution is very good. Any recent update we deploy works very smoothly.

The solution is very scalable. We have about 700 users on the solution currently.

Technical support is very good. They're very fast at resolving tickets. We've only ever had two or three tickets in total with them but they've resolved everything very fast.

I don't recall using a different solution. We chose an extensive version of Webroot, however, we've been evaluating another solution these past few months to get better protection.

The initial setup was straightforward. It only takes one week to deploy all of the infrastructure.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model. We originally used the paid version, which was a complete version of the solution. We don't use the solution extensively; it's a very budgeted amount. We need more advanced capabilities than we can get with Webroot.

For companies who do not suffer advanced attacks, Webroot will be amazing for them and very budget-friendly for their business. However, companies will need to search for an expansion into areas like PCI compliance. For attacks, it's better to go over to more advanced protection. It can provide you the forensics and the EDR automation needed to avoid any attacks.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. The solution isn't perfect, but it's good.

it_user1011267 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior IT Consultant at Jeneri IT
Solved our anti-virus problems for endpoint security with AI functionality for maintaining endpoint security
  • "The feature we found most valuable is the AI functionality for maintaining endpoint security. This is very powerful."
  • "We need to know more details about how the virus interacted with the computer."

What is our primary use case?

We use Webroot with other components that can be added to endpoint protection. This gives us a better, more capable solution.

We use Webroot Endpoint Protection as a multi-layered security solution.

How has it helped my organization?

My interest at the moment is in the SolarWinds component. SolarWinds is now selling a management system. It has a default integration into our existing system.

I would like to add some DNS functionality in Webroot which gives you the added ability to control where users can go and where they can't go.

What is most valuable?

The feature we found most valuable is the AI functionality for maintaining endpoint security. This is very powerful and has been useful over the last year.

What needs improvement?

This product has room for improvement to display a more detailed representation of the problem when a virus is or isn't stopped.

We need to know more details about how the virus interacted with the computer. That is where some of the other products are starting to look better.

It needs to work without disconnecting everyone. This is very important. In SentinelOne, you can disable all ports. You can look up the machine, play with the machine, etc.

Webroot can do all sorts of things on the network. It's very good. There are some cool possibilities for more control within the environment.

We have a broad list of plugins to use with a high degree of confidence. Backups are another aspect that can be improved.

Having a backup solution that's associated with this in the case everything fails and the machine was destroyed would help us get the files back in emergencies.

We have experience with Webroot for a couple of years now.

Webroot is stable. It's been great. It's been stable at 100% uptime.

The scalability is not a problem. Webroot does everything well. For deployment and maintenance, it only requires half a person. It's not hard.

Our business is growing. As we grow, we simply buy more licenses. Our web traffic is up about 20% since we first bought it.

The Webroot technical support is good. Effectively, it's done via email. We received replies within a few hours to a day. We're satisfied with them.

Before choosing this solution, we were on BitDefender.

The initial setup was straightforward. A very critical point was missed at the beginning, which meant the only solution was to reinstall it all, which I haven't bothered to do.

It was a real shame to find out months later that a certain function was based on a poor setting and that setting can't be changed. It's unfortunate.

The setup was very easy, but unfortunately, we missed some details along the way. You can't change it. The bad news is if you don't do it right the first time, it's not going to get done.

We did the initial setup internally. We had some input from the vendor, but it was done internally.

We looked at Symantec, Kaspersky, and BitDefender. We wanted to evaluate three products when we chose to upgrade.

The other solutions were not on the same level as Webroot. Webroot stood out as the primary choice for our requirements.

What other advice do I have?

To implement endpoint protection, Webroot is a good product. On a scale from 1 to 10, I would rate this product an eight. Maybe it could be better.

I've had no significant virus problems since I installed it. For us, that's what it's all about.

Edmund Biro - PeerSpot reviewer
Digital Janitor, programmer, engineer with 1-10 employees
Reseller
Management console allows me to see the status of groups of computers
  • "Valuable features include good scanning, very light footprint and management console that the client can access and (just as important) in which I can see status of groups of computers (I am a consultant, IT role)."
  • "The console spins up relatively slowly, and some of the configuration items are obscure (e.g., reporting back one time per day is a default setting) and need to be tweaked."

What is our primary use case?

Monitoring of supported customer sites for issues and remediation.  A number of Doctors offices, and a scattering of other professionals like Lawyers and Training organizations.  Most of these sites are controlled through Active Directory policies and Webroot fits nicely as a one-stop console solution for monitoring of infections.

How has it helped my organization?

I can provide monitored antivirus solutions that are relatively inexpensive to business, in bulk, and the add-on for monitoring (i.e. my labor) is relatively light.

What is most valuable?

• Good scanning
  • Very light footprint
  • Management console that the client can access and (just as important) in which I can see status of groups of computers (I am a consultant, IT role)
  • Price

What needs improvement?

No issues with stability.

Not yet. I'm running a very small-scale service (less than 100 computers currently).

Excellent.

I used the Kaspersky equivalent, but the footprint for Webroot is smaller, the console is more intuitive and, unfortunately, Kaspersky has been smeared by Russian/American politics.

Incredibly simple. Register, download and run. (Back to the Kaspersky model last used 2015). It runs pretty much straight out of the box, and deployment is simple.

It is a little harder to calculate ROI because I don't think of it in that manner (not a MBA);
I don't markup the product very much, but it increases customer retention significantly and reduces *surprise* labor overhead.

If you purchase for clients, then you are the managing billing entity. It's better to either get a monthly subscription check from your clients, or to prepay for the year (so as to not keep cash in reserve to pay the bill each month) IMHO.

Kaspersky, Norton, Sophos.

What other advice do I have?

Setup two-factor for the admin console, give "manager" clients access to their own consoles (good PR), and keep a set of shortcut links to the pre-configured install images for each client (if you are using that model). Otherwise, you have to login to download a crafted version for the account, and that sometimes (compromised network) is not a good idea (reveals credentials).

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reselling partner.
Project Manager / System Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
There are no worries when running scans as it is so lightweight and there is no user impact

What is our primary use case?

Webroot is used as the defacto standard for all servers and workstations that we manage security on.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

We no longer have to worry about running scans as it is so lightweight and there is no user impact.

What needs improvement?

An updated UI would be nice, but is not hardly used.

More than five years.

It runs side-by-side with other AVs until you can displace them entirely.

The platform is mostly stable, however there are hiccups with the cloud from time-to-time that impact the ability to get to the portal.

No issues.

I would give them a seven to eight out of 10.

We have used multiple, but the last we switched from was AVG/McAfee.

Yes. We had a quick rollout.

We implemented in-house.

We bundle the service, but it is near immediate with our agent cost.

Work on a price tier plan.

Yes, the ones we had been using and failed us.

Service Engineer at a tech services company

What is most valuable?

Low performance requirements.

How has it helped my organization?

Working as part of our security stack, it has protected us from countless attacks.

What needs improvement?

Unified threat management (UTM) integration.

Three years.

Not with deploying Webroot, but we had issues removing Trend.

10 out of 10.

10 out of 10.

Trend: We switched because the system was resource hungry.

Symantec: We switched because they tried to stab us in the back and contacted our customers directly.

The initial setup is very simple.

We did not originally, but now we go via ConnectWise.

This is now part of our managed services, but it is very competitive.

You need an RMM like ConnectWise Automate to manage it completely.

Sophos.

Alan Edwards, CISM - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Information Officer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It has a much easier global management, with a cloud-based console, rather than a local server
  • "It is very lightweight on the workstations, not slowing them down while still doing its job very well."
  • "The reporting is the weakest part of the Webroot console. Frequently, I export to Excel to massage something into it to pass on to others."

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

The ability to generate profiles specific to both business groups and organizations has made managing nearly 1000 endpoints very simple.

More than six years.

Very easy. The only comment that I frequently get is that they think it was not installed because it went so quickly, and in these days of bloatware, people are used to watching a bar slowly progress for a few minutes.

No, it scales extremely well.

A 10 out of 10.

A 10 out of 10.

Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, Symantec, McAfee, Panda, and ESOT. They are all a much heavier load on the systems and do not seem to catch as much.

Webroot also has a much easier global management than some, with a cloud-based console, rather than a local server as the management server. That means it does not matter where the endpoints are located.

Very easy, the default is good.

It also has the ability to be deployed in a watch and report only style when cutting over from another AV. This allows proprietary software to be identified and whitelisted rather than quarantined (=broken) then fixed. It makes for much happier end users and a quieter help desk.

It is very good.

Simple to roll out via AD policy or RMM.

We evaluate other options using multiple choices, best value, management and functionality.

IT Operations Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
The technical support provides excellent service every time I have a question
  • "The ease of use of the centralized admin console is its best asset."
  • "It would be great if there was a feature which would allow you to scan an individual file on an endpoint user's computer."

What is most valuable?

The ease of use of the centralized admin console is its best asset. Very easy to make deployment a breeze and maintenance of your endpoint users is even easier using the console.

How has it helped my organization?

We have had a few instances where a malware program tried to enter our infrastructure through different means. However, Webroot picked up on it immediately and made us aware of the intrusion, so we could take care of it.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if there was a feature which would allow you to scan an individual file on an endpoint user's computer. As of right now, you can only scan a folder, but it would be good if it allowed you to go even more granular.

Two and a half years.

None whatsoever. Very easy deployment.

None.

None, it has been very easy adding users as we go when we hire new employees and the company grows.

They provide excellent service every time I have a question.

Excellent.

We were using a couple of different solutions. However, as our company grew quickly, the program became harder to expand to our needs the way we wanted. The price would have been more than what we wanted to spend.

The initial setup was straightforward. One simple file to run that had our serial key built into it. It was very quick to install.

In-house deployment.

Not applicable.

Please keep in mind that the visibility of what you can do on Mac systems that you might have on your network is much smaller than what you can see and/or do on Windows machines. Granted, this is soon to change. However, as it stands right now, you can't do as much from the admin console for the Mac machines than you can for the Windows ones.

We evaluated Symantec, Sophos, Kaspersky, and AVG.

it_user762615 - PeerSpot reviewer
IT manager at a pharma/biotech company with 201-500 employees
The console is great for providing an overview and a remedy

What is most valuable?

• Low overhead
  • Speed

How has it helped my organization?

The console is great for providing an overview and a remedy.

What needs improvement?

More control over when upgrades to the app are rolled out.

More than one year.

No issues.

Top-of-the-line; the busy community as well.

Top-of-the-line; the busy community as well.

Vipre, we switched because it was too slow.

It can be installed next to existing solutions.

In-house.

Not applicable.

Get a trial, then a multi-year license.

Sophos.

What other advice do I have?

Try it out next to your existing solution.

Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Deployment was very fast. We met our stretch target.
  • "The Webroot cloud console is very powerful."
  • "It needs to improve the problems with the faster connection, and have a huge reduction in false positives."

What is most valuable?

The Webroot cloud console is very powerful.

How has it helped my organization?

Webroot has enabled better streamlining of support operations.

What needs improvement?

We have used Webroot for three years now.

Deployment was very fast. We met our stretch target, which was great.

Nothing of note.

No issues. It scales.

Sometimes, I feel we are the only customer. The support is consistently good.

It is more than excellent.

Previously, we used a mix of Trend/Sophos/Symantec. Webroot has all their best bits in combined into one solution.

Setup was fast and very straightforward, thanks to the training provided.

Implemented using vendor team support, who was very capable.

ROI was planned at nine months, with a first stretch target of six months and a second stretch of three months. We completed within three months.

Our strategy was to overestimate the complexity and cost. It turned out that Webroot's assurance was justified.

Constant evaluations, usually because of new support to other legacy systems, which included mostly Sophos and Trend, both of which are good tools, too.

What other advice do I have?

Training was excellent.

Download our free Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022