IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection is #19 ranked solution in endpoint security software. PeerSpot users give Webroot Business Endpoint Protection an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. Webroot Business Endpoint Protection is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Webroot Business Endpoint Protection vs Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Webroot Business Endpoint Protection is popular among the small business segment, accounting for 43% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Buyer's Guide

Download the Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Webroot Business Endpoint Protection?

Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection offers a unique security approach that protects against threats across numerous vectors; including email, web browsing, file attachments, hyperlinks, display ads, social media apps, and connected devices like USB drives, as well as other blended threats with the potential to deliver malicious payloads. SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection is fully cloud-based management, means no on-premises hardware or software is needed and the console is always up to date and there are no definitions or signatures to deploy and manage. Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection offers highly accurate and effective endpoint malware prevention with a range of additional security shield capabilities that keep both the user and the device safe, Malware detection occurs continuously in real time, so performance issues fade away.

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection was previously known as Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection.

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Customers

Mytech Partners

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Video

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Webroot Business Endpoint Protection pricing:
  • "I think the price is fairly reasonable. I was really prepared to pay more, but the price is fine."
  • "The solution doesn't cost too much. It's about 30 Euros a year for each endpoint. It's pretty affordable for us and for many other companies."
  • "Its cost is not much per month. Our price is a couple of bucks a user."
  • "Webroot Business Endpoint Protection is not too expensive. My licenses cost me between $300 and $400. It is really good price wise."
  • Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Reviews

Rick Cassel - PeerSpot reviewer
    Owner at R. A. Cassel & Associates
    Reseller
    Lightweight and not hard to set up however, does not offer good reporting
    • "Probably, compared to other antivirus programs, what we like about it is it is lightweight."
    • "It doesn't do anything proactive. The virus has to hit the machine before it detects it."

What is our primary use case?

We've got it on a few hundred workstations on the solution. We use it as an antivirus.

What is most valuable?

Probably, compared to other antivirus programs, what we like about it is it is lightweight. It's all MD five hash-based checking on systems.

What needs improvement?

We've had a couple of events both this year and last year where it just didn't seem to catch ransomware, which is impossible to do if someone has hands-on with the system. There were some things that they had or used to have or don't have that I still haven't figured out called journaling. And it was supposed to be a way to roll back changes that were made. However, they're telling me they don't have that. That's not in the system.

It’s my understanding that it doesn’t actually scan any files at all. They just look at their database of files they've scanned previously, and either it matches or doesn't. That might be where the shortcoming is, is that it just can't stay up-to-date fast enough to stop new things that are coming in. It's an after-the-fact anti-virus. It doesn't do anything proactive. The virus has to hit the machine before it detects it.

There is one thing that is deplorable with the product that I would change as soon as I found a better one. However, the reports are worthless. You go and look at a scan report and cannot get a log of machines. I can log into a console and see the files were scanned every day at 2:00 AM, and they all passed green or something was detected and removed. However, you have to go to the console. I don't have anything that I can send to my client on reports. What they give you is a bunch of bar graphs with no details. You can't drill down. It'll say two infections. However, it doesn't tell you what machines. You've just really got several different reports, and they're all just a bunch of graphs and wasted paper. There's nothing really substantial. The reports that I can use for client-facing, once a month, to say, "Here, we scanned all these workstations. Here are our results," don’t exist. They've got fake reports.

I've screamed about that for years, and they just won't do anything. Therefore, I created my own little up-to-date or not ask fail-type report. I send that to them in place of a report directly from a product.

I’ve used the solution for probably about five years now.

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection
    July 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Webroot Business Endpoint Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
    622,063 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Overall, the solution is stable. We don’t have issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn’t crash or freeze.

My understanding is that the solution can scale.

Right now, it’s installed on 150 devices.

I haven't had to use their tech support in years. I wouldn't know how helpful or responsive they are.

The initial setup is okay. However, they don't have a way to scan and deploy, and just about every other virus program has scan and deploy. With this product, you've got to use PS tools and push it out, make it MSI and deploy it through the active directory, or send the customer a link by email to install it.

I can't log into a server or workstation, scan the network, and push the product out. It doesn't have that capability, and people have been asking for it for years. They're just not going to do it.

It doesn't require anyone dedicated to maintenance. It's pretty much self-updating. We haven't really run into problems with installing or reinstalling updates and patches and so forth. It seems to do a good job automatically of keeping itself up to date.

The solution costs a dollar per month per workstation.

Comparatively speaking, Komodo's supposed to be the best. However, it is heavy when it comes to overhead. The older machines with 4GBs of Ram, you can't run it on there, and that's the same thing I found with some other solutions. I do look at the ratings across the board before I try to pick.

I'm kind of neutral on Webber. It's okay. We have it. Our RM company provides it for a dollar a copy, and that's what we use.

What other advice do I have?

We’re using something around version 9. It’s updated periodically and automatically.

If client-facing reports are not crucial to a company, then it might be a good solution candidate.

I’d rate the solution five out of ten.

We’re resellers, and we do have some clients that aren't managed that are on standalone web licenses for their enterprise. However, our MM provider has it integrated as a part of their service. There are three antivirus vendors that you can choose from in there from a dollar to a dollar and a quarter a piece, so we just go through them to get it.

Network Manager, Enterprise at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    MSP
    A scalable lightweight endpoint protection solution with good technical support
    • "I like that Webroot is very lightweight. It didn't bog down the machine, and more importantly, it had heuristics artificial intelligence to some degree. It wasn't like full-blown artificial intelligence, but something where you have one endpoint recognizing issues because it maintains a cloud database. If one client recognizes a threat, it would add it to the database, and almost immediately, every agent in the world would also know about that threat. That was very appealing to us. However, now it's becoming commonplace, whereas ventures like Symantec and McAfee were based more on the traditional model of definition and updates, and we were always falling behind. Webroot also has pretty good technical support."
    • "One of the biggest pain points is that it's not really ransomware-oriented. They will be able to catch some, but that's where Sentinel One is a better player compared to Webroot."

What is most valuable?

I like that Webroot is very lightweight. It didn't bog down the machine, and more importantly, it had heuristics artificial intelligence to some degree. It wasn't like full-blown artificial intelligence, but something where you have one endpoint recognizing issues because it maintains a cloud database.

If one client recognizes a threat, it would add it to the database, and almost immediately, every agent in the world would also know about that threat. That was very appealing to us. However, now it's becoming commonplace, whereas ventures like Symantec and McAfee were based more on the traditional model of definition and updates, and we were always falling behind. Webroot also has pretty good technical support.

What needs improvement?

One of the biggest pain points is that it's not really ransomware-oriented. They will be able to catch some, but that's where Sentinel One is a better player compared to Webroot.

I have been dealing with Webroot Business Endpoint Protection for about two years.

Webroot is scalable. The policies that we created were at the MSP level, and as we added more clients. Those clients just utilized the MSP policy that we had created once in a while, but it was probably a rarity and not the norm. You could also create client-level policies.

Webroot's tech support is pretty good. It was like one issue that we really had problems with, and it really wasn't their fault. They were good at trying to help us with it, but it really came down to a conflict with a client's plugin, which was used for web filtering.

We used Trend Micro many years ago, and then it wasn't doing great. We looked around and found another company that I think is out of business now. Next, we transitioned to Viper, and from there, we moved to Webroot. Now we're beginning to move to Sentinel One, as the keys keep moving, and we can try and move with it finding the best solutions for our clients.

The hardest thing about going to Webroot was that you didn't really have any way to really have any third party that was actually testing these antivirus products to understand whether it was false positive or whether it did great. You didn't really have that much, and not many of them actually tested Webroot because it didn't really fall into the same category as all the other products that were out at the time.

Sentinel One is truly looking at not just every process but exactly what it's doing and what it's touching. Truly not just journaling, but whatever it does, it's keeping track of all the changes, and they can actually roll them back.

We actually just had three incidents that we have seen since we started using Sentinel One. This one happened three or four days ago, and it was a false positive. But Sentinel wants to sense the way the package was designed. It had every appearance of being malicious because the way it was acting was like a malicious function.

That's the only false positive we've seen so far, and if it was a weird one too. Whoever sent it never should have sent something in that type of package. Before that, we had to locked-down the machine.

That's what Sentinel One will do when there are attacks, ransomware, or some malicious activity that can be detrimental to the data and the network. It literally locks that machine down, and users can't access anything on the network. The computer can't access anything on the network except for the Sentinel One dashboard.

The initial setup was straightforward. I think we spent about a couple of hours on the phone with their support nailing down the right settings for our various categories of machines, and we broke down the machines and added policies for our general servers.

Here's a policy for our RDS and Citrix servers. Here's a policy for general workstations. Here's another policy for engineering, chat, or graphic design machines because they tend to need slightly more or slightly less restrictive settings. We had to put together five or six different base-level policies. Once they were gathered, there were some white lists added at different times.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Webroot Business Endpoint Protection an eight.

The only reason I've dropped it down now is that they're just not including the additional items like Sentinel One. They haven't added ransomware and TrueBlue artificial intelligence, and those kinds of things. If they build those into it, they would be able to pump it back up again.

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection
    July 2022
    622,063 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    President at National Payroll
    Keeps malware out of my system
    • "There aren't any features that really stand out — I just want it to keep malware out of my system. To date, I haven't had any malware in my system."
    • "I did notice that my OS slowed down, but I don't know if that's due to Webroot."

What is our primary use case?

I used the Webroot cloud application to install it on my computers. It has to be installed on each computer, but it's managed through the Webroot cloud application.

I use this solution to keep malware out of my system.

I have five servers on it, and four employees with additional laptops — we process payrolls here. We do all kinds of different things, including accounting.

How has it helped my organization?

With malware protection, it doesn't change how your business functions; you simply expect it to do its job. For this reason, I would say nothing has changed. I haven't had any problems, so I hope that continues.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I did notice that my OS slowed down, but I don't know if that's due to Webroot.

I have been using Webroot Business Endpoint Protection for one year.

I haven't experienced any issues stability-wise — no bugs, glitches, or crashing.

I have five servers and about a half-a-dozen or more workstations running it. Scalability-wise, it's great.

I had to contact technical support one time, and they were great. I would give their technical support a rating of 10 out of 10. They were really good. They answered the phone very quickly and helped me resolve the problem very quickly. I was really quite surprised how good they were.

I used to use Symantec Endpoint Protection. I would have preferred to continue using Symantec Endpoint Protection, but last year, I don't know what happened to their infrastructure but they completely destroyed themselves. I couldn't contact them for a month and I couldn't renew my Symantec subscription, so I went with Webroot. Otherwise, I'd probably still be on Symantec.

Symantec was being bought out by Broadcom. My licenses were due at exactly the very timeframe they were being bought out. I called every Symantec phone number I could find, every broadband phone number I could find, every Symantec retailer I could find. Nobody could get a Symantec license. I could not renew my Symantec licenses. As such, I checked out some recommended solutions and chose Webroot. I'd probably still be on Symantec because Symantec always did a good job for me although Symantec was much more expensive.

I think I did a comparison back when I switched and it looked like they did about the same things. I'm sure there are more features that I could implement, but I've implemented on as many as I'm aware of. I haven't explored everything yet.

Apparently, is more complex than I originally thought. I had my server set up wrong initially which caused some slow down. But other than that, it was fairly easy.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend this solution. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I'd give Webroot a rating of nine. It's hard for me to say just how good it is as I haven't ever been hit by any malware. I guess it's doing its job.

Resp. Sistemi Informativi/ IT Manager at a consumer goods company with 51-200 employees
    Affordable with a good dashboard but did not protect us from attacks
    • "The initial setup is not complex at all. It's very straightforward."
    • "We need to have a stronger defense against CryptoLock and other attackers."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for its endpoint protection. We used it as a firewall and antivirus.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very light.

It works well on our PCs.

The dashboard is very good.

We find the pricing to be very affordable.

What needs improvement?

We've had some issues with the solution. We were attacked by CryptoLock.

It's not the best in security. As we were breached, we'll be looking for a new solution next year.

We need to have a stronger defense against CryptoLock and other attackers.

We've been using the solution for about three years at this point.

The solution is very stable. We find it to be quite reliable in that it doesn't crash or freeze and it doesn't have bugs or glitches.

The solution is scalable. We haven't had issues with this aspect of the solution. If an organization needs to expand the solution, they can do so.

At this point, we have about 60 users on the product.

I don't like technical support very much. We seem to have to wait a long time to get a response from them, which is unacceptable. We're not satisfied at all with the level of support they offer our organization.

The initial setup is not complex at all. It's very straightforward.

The deployment took a couple of months.

We used an integrator reseller that assisted us with the implementation process. We were satisfied with how they worked with us.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a cutomer. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

As we are using the cloud deployment model, we are always on the latest version of the solution.

I don't recommend the solution to others. It didn't protect us in the way we needed to and an attack was able to get through their defenses.

Overall, I would rate the solution six out of ten. We haven't had a very good experience with it.

Snr. Cyber Security Analyst at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Great with multi-core environments with a good scanning engine and helpful tutorials
    • "They have a lot of features integrated from way back, which shows that the product developers know exactly what they're doing."
    • "Since they're dealing with multi-core environments now, the best option would be for them to enhance the product so that the product can automatically do an assessment on the machine."

What is our primary use case?

Webroot Endpoint Protection secures threat mitigation. Then, of course, there are elements for continual data monitoring to get to the areas that are affected.

The ASA is frontline as far as the next-generation firewall goes. We incorporated a whole bunch of elements for identification, classification of threats, grouping, and integration with it; as well as logging application data from endpoints on the network into a log server for further processing. There are a lot of features in ASA. Over time, it has remained the model for NG USM like Webroot.

How has it helped my organization?

Made Policy Management of unmanaged Standalone Endpoints feasible without costly Server Infrastructure for SMBs.

What is most valuable?

The website is helpful. There are videos showing various Security scenarios as part of their SAT integration. SAT (Security Awareness Training is the most important component of any Digital Security Program.

Webroot pioneered integration of Novel concepts in Endpoint protection.

One marked improvement that I see is that the scanning speed is much improved in Windows 11.

What needs improvement?

Looking for the Next Gen Webroot to leverage Multi Core Architecture supported by a robust Operating System Executive that is fully aware of it's underlying Hardware Architecture and Foundation; with live integration and feed into most reliable OTXs in real time.

Additional video on really demonstrating the runtime features of the product would be helpful. For example, how do you do continual data monitoring? How do you verify their connections? A lot of people know about antivirus protection, however, the product does a whole lot more.

They can do a whole lot more. Since they're dealing with multi-core environments now, the best option would be for them to enhance the product so that the product can automatically do an assessment on the machine.

I've used the solution for about 30 years. It's been a long while.

Simple setup.

What other advice do I have?

I've been a Webroot partner for many, many years.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. If they had OTX integration and the ability to  do in-process OTX API Calls on the endpoint for 1st time and update: URLs, IP addresses, Domain Names and Telephone Nos, Email Addresses and newly defined Data Classes, maybe I'd make it a Ten out of Ten.

ShaneHaggerty - PeerSpot reviewer
    Level III Technician at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    MSP
    Unintrusive, easy to manage, and cost-effective
    • "It is pretty unintrusive. It doesn't take over the system like McAfee or Norton. It doesn't use a whole lot of resources. McAfee and Norton use a lot of resources."
    • "Usually, when it comes to reliability, McAfee and Norton are at 99 percent. Webroot's percentage is lower. It is 94% reliable in terms of what it catches, but you're trading that percentage for customer satisfaction because your computer isn't being constantly told that it just blocked something, or it just did something."

What is our primary use case?

It is just an antivirus. We have it on the machines to help mitigate anything before it takes hold of the network.

What is most valuable?

It is pretty unintrusive. It doesn't take over the system like McAfee or Norton. It doesn't use a whole lot of resources. McAfee and Norton use a lot of resources.

It is also pretty easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

I haven't had an issue. It has been pretty reliable.

I've used it as an endpoint. It is pretty scalable. I can put it on as many endpoints as I want.

We opened our doors about a month ago, and we don't have any customers yet. Currently, we have just done the labs.

I haven't had to use them.

We use a remote management software program that allows us to get into computers remotely and make sure that everything is up to date and do the virus scans, etc. There is an integration with the one that we use. It is really easy. It is with the touch of a button.

It is easy to manage. Through our remote management software, we set up the schedule for updating and scanning, and it sends us reports.

Its cost is not much per month. Our price is a couple of bucks a user.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I'd give is just to make sure you get something. We had an interview with some clients today. We asked about endpoint solutions on their computers, and they didn't have any. Then, we asked about their servers and got the same answer. I told them to find something, even if it is a free one, and put it there.

I'd rate it a nine out of ten just because of that 94% catch rate. Otherwise, I would've rated it higher.

Manager-IT at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
    Easy policy defining, light on system resources, but lacking updated features
    • "The solution has many features. It is very easy to define and set the policies based on the user groups, it does not take up a lot of resources in operation, and has provided us with a good track record of protection."
    • "The solution could improve by providing better ransomware protection."

What is our primary use case?

We have been using a two-prong security system for our network. We had a combination of Kaspersky along with Webroot Business Endpoint Protection. This gave us two layers of defense and it has been working really well for us.

With the current increased world threat scenarios, we are looking for other protection possibilities.

What is most valuable?

The solution has many features. It is very easy to define and set the policies based on the user groups, it does not take up a lot of resources in operation, and has provided us with a good track record of protection.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing better ransomware protection.

If Webroot could match up to something similar to what a CrowdStrike or SentinelOne is providing, I would consider Webroot again. For example, there are more advanced features such as EDR and sandboxing. In SentinelOne, when there is a threat it automatically does the analysis and provides you with detailed reports, but Webroot is lacking in the details.

I have been using this solution for approximately two years.

The solution is stable.

In my experience the solution is stable.

We have approximately 75 people using the solution in my organization.

We have used the support.

We have previously used many other solutions, such as Mcafee and Norton. Many of them were pretty heavy on resources and users are complaining about slowness on the systems. This is why we had to move to another solution, which is a combination of Kaspersky and Webroot.

The installation is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Webroot Business Endpoint Protection a seven out of ten.

President at National Payroll
    Good tech support with no malware
    • "Webroot's tech support is pretty good; they've given me some pointers."
    • "I'm not happy with Webroot Business Endpoint Protection, for only one reason. It seems that it slows down my interface when I'm doing programming in Microsoft Access, tremendously."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of Webroot Business Endpoint Protection is that I have never gotten malware with it.

What needs improvement?

I'm not happy with Webroot Business Endpoint Protection, for only one reason. It seems that it slows down my interface when I'm doing programming in Microsoft Access, tremendously. When I'm just using Access, it seems to work fine. But when I'm doing the Access programming, it slows down substantially. Sometimes I wait maybe five, or six seconds for different screens to come up. It probably costs me 15 to 20 minutes every day. It's aggravating. I am currently looking for a replacement. However, I will say I've never gotten malware with Webroot Business Endpoint Protection.

I have been using Webroot Business Endpoint Protection for about two to three years.

I have not had any problems with stability except for the slowness on the server. It doesn't even slow me down on my laptop, but it slows me down tremendously on the server.

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection's scalability is fine for me.

I have dealt with tech support. Webroot's tech support is pretty good; they've given me some pointers. They suggested, for example, that the issues with the speed that I have been having could be fixed by turning the solution off completely. They have shown me how to do that and it does make the problem go away at least temporarily. However, I can't operate that way, of course.

What other advice do I have?

I would give Webroot Business Endpoint Protection a seven out of ten.

Download our free Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: July 2022