Veritas CloudPoint OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Cloud Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Veritas CloudPoint?

With Veritas CloudPoint, you get the visibility and control from one intuitive central dashboard to confidently manage and easily orchestrate enterprise data protection for your business data consistently across the broadest range of applications and workloads, in both private and public clouds, helping you to transform your organization into a confident multi-cloud digital enterprise.

Veritas CloudPoint was previously known as CloudPoint.

Veritas CloudPoint Video

Veritas CloudPoint Reviews

Solutions Architect at AspireNXT
Reseller
Easy to set up, comes with NetBackup, and good for volume-level backups
  • "The product is good for volume-level backups."
  • "The product needs to improve its file-level or granular-level backups."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for cloud backups and to have the flexibility to move what we have around as needed (for example, to secondary sites).

What is most valuable?

There aren't too many features, however, I haven't worked with it too much to really get into details about features and offerings.

The initial setup is very easy and quite straightforward.

The product is good for volume-level backups.

What needs improvement?

The product needs to improve its file-level or granular-level backups. Currently, there might be availablity in terms of granular-level recovery, however, it's not true for the granular-level backups.

The integration part should be a little bit simpler.

Currently, they're saying that for each region, a single CloudPoint should be required. However, they need to increase their strength in maintaining those CloudPoint servers in order to handle the entire cloud account. Maybe a single CloudPoint should be able to handle multiple instances and regions.

I haven't worked with the solution that much.

I've only used the solution for about two months and that was only for two instances, two separate clients.

Cloud Backup
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Veritas, Veeam Software, AvePoint and others in Cloud Backup. Updated: November 2022.
657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I can't speak to the stability. I've only used it for six months. that said, I haven't had any issues.

I can't speak to the scalability. I have too little experience with the solution. I need more time with it.

I'm neutral on technical support. I would rate them at a seven out of ten. There's nothing that makes them outstanding, however, they aren't bad either.

We also work with Commvault and Nutanix.

The initial setup is easy if you have some comfort with the product. The first time I integrated the solution, initially, it took almost 10 days to find out those details and how to handle a proper integration. However, after the second deployment, it only took me one day. As long as you have the proper prerequisites, you shouldn't have any issue with the process.

The solution isn't really expensive. Currently, they are integrated with NetBackup. There is no separate pricing for CloudPoint now. It comes as a part of the other solution.

What other advice do I have?

We sell Veritas to some of our clients.

There are some differences between Veritas NetBackup and Veritas CloudPoint. In CloudPoint, for example, now they're integrated with NetBackup itself. That is in the 9.1 version. There is not much difference in that. With NetBackup, I can take a VM-level backup and file-level backup. Similarly, in CloudPoint, you can take a volume-level backup. Currently, there is no file-level backup, or something similar, in the cloud, although I'm not sure about that. In NetBackup, you can have granularity, whereas, in CloudPoint, you can take volume-level backup, or the virtual machine, or the instance-level backup.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've mostly been happy with the product's capabilities.

I would recommend the solution, however, those that take it on should have some knowledge of the solution and understand the prerequisites. It will make it easier to implement. Make sure to go over documentation or seek out information instead of going in blind.

Download our free Cloud Backup Report and find out what your peers are saying about Veritas, Veeam Software, AvePoint, and more!
Updated: November 2022