Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Talend Open Studio for MDM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Master Data Management (MDM) Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Talend Open Studio for MDM?

With Talend Open Studio for MDM, you can download a fully-functional MDM solution today and use it for free, for as long as you want. Available under a GPL open source license, Talend Open Studio for MDM delivers the key data integration, data quality, and data governance functionality that you need to get started with MDM in your company.

Talend Open Studio for MDM Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Talend Open Studio for MDM pricing:
"It has one single license, and everything is included in it."

Talend Open Studio for MDM Reviews

Sivanandam Krishnan - PeerSpot reviewer
Practice Lead at GainInsights Solutions
Reseller
With the help of their active community, we can resolve any issue quickly, but they should improve the UI and make it user-friendly
  • "The biggest advantage of Talend is that they have an active community. If we face any issue, we can get input in a short duration of time."
  • "It can definitely be improved on the UI side. They can provide a better UI as compared to what is currently available. I'm trying to set up the UI to capture some information, and when I try to use the native feature of Talend, I'm finding it difficult. It could be improved a bit. Only when it comes to MDM, it is not user-friendly, but when it comes to data integration of Big Data, it's extremely user-friendly."

What is most valuable?

We are doing some customization, and Talend is supporting the customization. Because Java can be customized in Talend, we are using it to a large extent. So, customization is valuable.

What needs improvement?

It can definitely be improved on the UI side. They can provide a better UI as compared to what is currently available. I'm trying to set up the UI to capture some information, and when I try to use the native feature of Talend, I'm finding it difficult. It could be improved a bit. Only when it comes to MDM, it is not user-friendly, but when it comes to data integration of Big Data, it's extremely user-friendly.

The features are available in silos, but I need a complete package that is capable of doing some sort of profiling and defining stewardship.

We have been using Talend Open Studio for a quite long time. It has been around four and a half years. We have used it for multiple projects, and I'm currently also doing an implementation using Talend MDM.

Stability-wise, I don't see any issues.

Master Data Management (MDM) Software
August 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Talend, Microsoft, TIBCO and others in Master Data Management (MDM) Software. Updated: August 2022.
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I don't have much idea about scalability. We are using it for a smaller engagement, and we don't have a need to scale it right now.

I'm relying more on the community rather than the support team. Generally, the support team is available for the enterprise version, but I feel the community is more active than the support team.

From an open-source perspective, I have used only Talend.

It's pretty straightforward.

It was completely implemented in-house. For its maintenance, one person is more than enough.

I don't have any idea about the commercial part. It's handled by a separate team.

It has one single license, and everything is included in it.

What other advice do I have?

You need to have a proper hierarchy before deciding whether you need to go for MDM. You need to know what is the expectation from the MDM solution. Do you need a front-end to capture the information, or is the MDM solution expected to integrate with the existing solution? This is something that needs to be clarified before choosing this product. You need a proper use case before getting into this. You also need to understand the limitation of the product. From the UI side, it'll trouble a lot. If you have the freedom to integrate with the third-party solution or any other ERP, I would suggest going with Talend MDM.

I would rate it a six out of ten.

Download our free Master Data Management (MDM) Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Talend, Microsoft, TIBCO, and more!
Updated: August 2022