IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Splunk Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Splunk Cloud is #11 ranked solution in Log Management Software. PeerSpot users give Splunk Cloud an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. Splunk Cloud is most commonly compared to Wazuh: Splunk Cloud vs Wazuh. Splunk Cloud is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.
Splunk Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the Splunk Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Splunk Cloud?

Splunk Cloud is the industry’s only enterprise-ready cloud service for machine data, offering a 100% uptime SLA and standard plans from 5GB/day to 5TB/day. Watch this video to find out how you can accelerate time-to-value and stay focused on your core business using Splunk Cloud.

Splunk Cloud Customers
Mindtouch
Splunk Cloud Video

Archived Splunk Cloud Reviews (more than two years old)

Director - Corporate Infrastructure at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Meets our requirements from a cost and requirements perspective
  • "For my current requirements, the tool theme seems to be meeting my requirements, from a cost and requirements perspective."
  • "The only thing I would say is an issue is the cost. It matches other products. The costs can be justified for the value that we gain. The entire threat analysis stack should come in a bundle. If the cost was matchable with other products I think Splunk would pick up in the market."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for Log Management and also for another bit of management. It feeds data into Splunk and Splunk writes the rules and based on that, it will pick up incidents.

It is good from a cost perspective, in terms of the cost of the data you're looking at. There is no cost barrier.

What is most valuable?

For my current requirements, the tool theme seems to be meeting my requirements, from a cost and requirements perspective.

What needs improvement?

The only thing I would say is an issue is the cost. It matches other products. The costs can be justified for the value that we gain. The entire threat analysis stack should come in a bundle. If the cost was matchable with other products I think Splunk would pick up in the market.

I did evaluate other products and installations. I can't compare it to Splunk.

I have been using Splunk Cloud for a year.

Splunk Cloud
July 2022
Learn what your peers think about Splunk Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
620,068 professionals have used our research since 2012.

There are two people who are part of admin that use Splunk in my company.

We have a policy where we have to keep the domain controllers on lock with sensitive servers for about 90 days. We look at the controls around once a week to check if they need to be attended to.

We initially contacted their support during the implementation. It was not for a very complex issue. It was more for a consultation.

Their support is good.

I was new to Splunk and had a problem with understanding the forwarders and worker safety management.

My team was able to install it themselves.

In terms of how long it took to deploy, between coding, testing, and other things, it took about four weeks to complete the project to complete the initial installation. Altogether it was four to five weeks. They should improve the customization.

Splunk is a leader in its marker.

Splunk offers more features than its competitors. Other solutions are not on the same level to be able to compare them.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Splunk a nine out of ten.

The queries and pulling out the exact reports is a little challenging. I get complaints about it. I would like to see more reports or default out of the box reports. That would be more useful, useful, and then people can avoid writing inquiries.

Juha Strandman - PeerSpot reviewer
Owner at a reseller with 1-10 employees
Reseller
Quick to set up and the technical support is invaluable
  • "The most valuable feature of Splunk Cloud is the quick setup."
  • "The only thing that is missing from Splunk Cloud is the command-line interface."

What is our primary use case?

We are a Splunk reseller and Splunk Cloud is one of the main products that we work with.

Our customers implement this product for log management, application management, application testing, and process management. They also have it for customer service use cases.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Splunk Cloud is the quick setup.

What needs improvement?

The only thing that is missing compared with Splunk Enterprise is the ability to manually edit all config files. This task is easily handled with support tickets but sometimes is would be nice to experiment directly.

I have been selling Splunk products for ten years.

We have not heard any complaints about stability.

Scalability with Splunk is the best because it scales to anything. Their promise to users is scalability and availability. Our customers range in size from very small companies to large ones.

Over the past ten years that we have been selling Splunk products, they have been in constant contact for support. I would say that it is invaluable. They have great response time and great skills, and I couldn't compare it with any other software company.

Installing Splunk Cloud, itself, is nothing. The length of time for the total deployment depends on how many log sources that you have. It can be completed in a matter of hours.

Being a cloud-based product, Splunk does all of the maintenance. We don't have to do anything to maintain it.

The licensing costs depend on the data ingest volume. If you weigh the costs and the benefits, the benefits are great and it is money well spent.

What other advice do I have?

I feel that Splunk Cloud is good as it is. It is the best tool on the market.

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is to start now and don't wait. Every day that you wait, you can be wasting time and money.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Splunk Cloud
July 2022
620,068 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Lead Developer, Solution Analyst at a university with 10,001+ employees
A flexible and feature-rich product, but the documentation needs to be improved
  • "The most valuable feature for me is the flexibility of being able to send the log to the https endpoint."
  • "Although there is documentation available, it is really hard for me to find relevant topics on what it is that I'm searching for."

What is our primary use case?

We have a public URL that allows anyone to authenticate for ADFS. This allows them to connect using Active Directory.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for me is the flexibility of being able to send the log to the https endpoint. I know that it is possible to export the logs, although it is easier for me to communicate with the endpoints concerning what I am interested in.

This is a feature-rich product.

What needs improvement?

Although there is documentation available, it is really hard for me to find relevant topics on what it is that I'm searching for. For example, when something goes wrong, I can spend hours trying to figure out the problem and have nothing to refer to. I find that it confuses me somewhat, so it is something that can be improved.

I feel that technical support can be improved because it is always done through the use of a support ticket, which is not very convenient.

Setting up and configuring integrations are not easy to do.

We implement this solution within the past year.

Splunk Cloud is quite stable. I do not remember having any issues with bugs or glitches.

I would expect that the scalability is quite good, albeit expensive.

Technical support is okay, although they are not as quick to respond as I believe they should be. I feel that some of the support processes are not very convenient.

The initial setup is straightforward, although we still revisit it. We started several months ago and are still trying to set it up in a more structured way. Really, we are still in the deployment stage in some regards because we are struggling with exactly how it should be set up.

We had some assistance from a consultant after the initial setup was completed. It worked well for simple uses, but now, we have some help in trying to configure it to meet our needs.

The price is something that people complain about.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing Splunk Cloud is to dedicate the time and resources required to learn it and use it. Investigate the features.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Cloud Architect at Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd
Good documentation, nice dashboards, and customizable reporting capability
  • "We haven't had any limitations or problems connecting to our network devices."
  • "The training models can only be accessed for 30 days, even if it is paid training."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is very useful for our Infosec team that manages our enterprise-level security. It collects logs from all of our on-premises devices and servers for search and analysis. All of the logs are collected on-premises and then sent to Splunk Cloud for analysis.

What is most valuable?

The reporting and dashboards are very good.

In terms of reporting, everything is customizable. You can write a query to have the reports and dashboards created for you, and it will be based on that data.

The documentation is pretty good.

Integration with products and devices works well. We haven't had any limitations or problems connecting to our network devices.

What needs improvement?

The training models can only be accessed for 30 days, even if it is paid training. This is a limitation that I feel should be lifted because if we are paying for it then we want to be able to continue to use it.

I have been working with Splunk Cloud for a year and a half.

This solution is pretty stable. It is used on a daily basis and in the past year and a half, I haven't faced any issues.

We have a team of 20 for our SOC operations who will be monitoring the results of Splunk Cloud.

The support is pretty good. We are a premium customer so when we raise a ticket, they deal with it right away. Also, if it needs to be escalated then the account manager will get involved.

We did not use another log management solution prior to this one.

Splunk Cloud is pretty straightforward and easy to set up. It is a SaaS solution, so we don't have to do anything on our end.

We are a team of six people who maintain our security solution.

Compared to other products, Splunk Cloud is expensive.

The licensing is based on the amount of data that we send to the cloud on a daily basis. It is expensive, although it has more features than other SIEM tools.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I find that Splunk is pretty good. It is a very mature product and I can see that compared to when I used to five years ago as an end-user, they have been improving in every way. The interface is something that has become more user-friendly over time. When there is something missing, it is handled by another product from the vendor. For example, if you need to add predictive analysis then you use Splunk Phantom.

There are many other SIEM tools on the market, such as IBM QRadar and ArcSight Logger. Splunk is comparatively more expensive but it has many features and good functionality. I definitely recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud