Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer is #13 ranked solution in top Database Development and Management tools. PeerSpot users give SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer is most commonly compared to SQL Sentry: SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer vs SQL Sentry. SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.

Download the Database Development and Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer?
SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer is a software for database and SQL query performance monitoring, analysis, and tuning.

SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer was previously known as Confio, SolarWinds DPA, Ignite8.

SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer Customers
GSI Commerce, Liquid Digital Media, ProLogis, Indiana University
SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer Video

SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer pricing:
"I don't remember the exact licensing cost for SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer, but it's within the range of $2,000 to $3,000 a year."

SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer Reviews

SQL Server Application DBA at a construction company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A capable product, but it doesn't have the right value matrix
  • "Monitoring is most valuable, and being able to know that there is an issue or problem and I need to go look is also valuable. So, monitoring and learning are the most important features."
  • "It is capable, but I don't believe it has the right value matrix. It also depends on the budget of the company."

What is our primary use case?

It was installed at a previous company I worked for, and they used it extensively there. It was cross-platform, so it was more than just SQL Server. It could work with SQL Server, Postgres and do all of the system metrics, such as RAM consumption, IO, network traffic, etc. It was a more in-depth package, but it was also rather expensive if I remember it correctly.

In my current company, I'm a new principal DBA. They hired me a week and a half ago, and I'm evaluating solutions to possibly purchase.

In terms of deployment, it has both on-prem and cloud deployments.

What is most valuable?

Monitoring is most valuable, and being able to know that there is an issue or problem and I need to go look is also valuable. So, monitoring and learning are the most important features.

What needs improvement?

I'm sure there are areas of improvement, but I don't have any direct information on that right now. I'm brand new to the role in this company.

In addition to SolarWinds DPA, I've also dealt with Quest Spotlight and Redgate in the past. Among these three, SolarWinds DPA is my least favorite.

Database Development and Management
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SolarWinds, IDERA, Oracle and others in Database Development and Management. Updated: September 2022.
634,590 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I'm currently evaluating solutions to possibly purchase. The use case is to know:

• What is my database doing?
  • What sort of pressure is coming? Is it proc, memory, or network?

I also want a deeper level of analytical capability to be able to go into the actual queries and analyze that level of performance. I don't want only monitoring. I also want a deeper level of capability.

I am also looking for added features such as backup, execution plan exploration, execution plan comparison, and change tracking and control. I want a backup feature like the Redgate Toolbelt, which has multiple products. They've got the backup native in their bundle. Quest has an add-on product called LightSpeed for their backup, which is a very capable product. So, I'm trying to bring all of my SQL DBA management and monitoring needs into one unified solution. It is not only about deployments across multiple servers. I need to be able to run one script across my entire setup with one or two clicks, as opposed to having to log in to each and every one of them, which is a nightmare. I would like to be able to push changes out to all of them with one click.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a five out of 10.

Fausto Espinosa - PeerSpot reviewer
Production manager at Cobiscorp
Powerful monitoring solution with good technical support
  • "What I like most about SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer is that it's a powerful solution that lets me advise customers about performance, and it also gives a lot of supporting information."
  • "SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer should be easy to implement and it should have more facilities to make it better."

What is our primary use case?

We use SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer as a monitoring service for customers, particularly in the banking industry. The solution is part of the service we provide for our customers.

What is most valuable?

What I like most about SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer is that it's a powerful solution that lets me advise customers about performance, and it also gives a lot of supporting information.

What needs improvement?

I don't remember what problems I had with SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer, but it's a good solution right now.

I've been using SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer for at least two years.

SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer is a stable solution.

We don't need to scale SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer currently, but it's a scalable solution.

I found the technical support for SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer very good.

The initial setup for SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer was not easy. We set it up almost two years ago, but we had a little problem, though we had the right support from our provider.

I have not calculated how much the ROI is from SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer.

I don't remember the exact licensing cost for SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer, but it's within the range of $2,000 to $3,000 a year.

What other advice do I have?

I don't remember the exact version of the SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer I'm using, but it's the most recent.

Four operators and three administrators currently use the solution in my company, but only administrators see everything, while the rest only see the dashboard.

The advice I would give to others who want to implement SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer is that support is needed to successfully implement the solution.

I would rate SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer nine out of ten.

My company is a customer of SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer.