Siemplify OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Siemplify is the #8 ranked solution in SOAR tools. PeerSpot users give Siemplify an average rating of 10.0 out of 10. Siemplify is most commonly compared to Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR: Siemplify vs Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR. Siemplify is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 56% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.

Download the Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Siemplify?

Manage Security Operations from a Single Platform

From case creation, through investigation to remediation – Siemplify provides the intuitive,  cloud-native workbench security operations teams have been craving to effectively respond at scale.

Build Repeatable, Automated Security Processes

Playbooks orchestrate over 200 of the tools that you rely on with a simple drag and drop interface. Automate repetitive tasks to free up your time for higher-value work and slash response times.

Track, Measure and Improve SOC Performance

Rise above the daily firefighting to make data-informed decisions that drive continuous improvement with machine-learning-based recommendations and advanced analytics for complete visibility of SOC activity.

- Largest independent SOAR vendor

- Purpose-built for enterprise and the leading SOAR for MSSP

- The first Cloud-native SOAR solution

Siemplify was previously known as Siemplify ThreatNexus.

Siemplify Customers

Siemplify Video

Siemplify Reviews

Cyrus Robinson, CISSP, CEH, CHFI, MCSE, MCITP, MCSA - PeerSpot reviewer
SOC Director at Ingalls Information Security
Great for reporting and ticketing for SOC MDR client environments and has a great, supportive community
  • "Without hyperbole, I have never, in my entire career, encountered a vendor or a vendor community as awesome as Siemplify. Siemplify and the Siemplify Community quite literally made it possible for our SOC to increase almost five-fold in our number of clients and number of analysts and to go from a Monday to Friday 9-5 shop to a 24/7 shop all in the span of under a year and a half and all while continually adding capabilities and improving the services we offer to our clients."
  • "I'm inclined to say that I'd love to see some Machine Learning capabilities integrated into the platform, however, I just attended a demo this morning where Siemplify gave a sneak peek into some Machine Learning capabilities that they are currently developing and have roadmapped for release soon."

What is our primary use case?

Siemplify is a core component of our SOC capabilities.

We leverage the platform for orchestrating alerts and security events from different security tools and sources throughout client environments.

We use it for automating responses and enrichments, and to improve security for all of our SOC Managed Detection and Response (MDR) clients based on analysis done for any of our other SOC MDR clients.

We use it to facilitate workflows for alert triage and investigation.

Finally, we use it for helping manage reporting and ticketing for our SOC MDR client environments.

How has it helped my organization?

I'm very fortunate to have had the opportunity to work in a lot of different roles in my time in the industry. I've worked as an Electronic Forensics Engineer as an Airman for the Dept. of Defense (DoD), Change Manager and System Administrator for the DoD as a civilian contractor, IT Director in the healthcare industry, and as a Consultant, IR Lead, and SOC Director for my current company.

One of the coolest things about my experiences is that I've gotten to test out and play with a lot of different tools and platforms in these different roles. Without hyperbole, I have never, in my entire career, encountered a vendor or a vendor community as awesome as Siemplify. Siemplify and the Siemplify Community quite literally made it possible for our SOC to increase almost five-fold in our number of clients and number of analysts and to go from a Monday to Friday 9-5 shop to a 24/7 shop all in the span of under a year and a half and all while continually adding capabilities and improving the services we offer to our clients.

What is most valuable?

There are so many incredible features in the Siemplify platform that it's difficult to narrow down the list, however, if I had to choose, I would say that the most valuable features are the playbook builder and the integrations. The playbook builder allows us to establish workflows for the various case types that our analysts encounter within the SOC. These can be as granular or as high level as they need to be depending upon our business objectives and alert priorities. In turn, the tremendous number of integrations in the marketplace and the IDE (to custom-develop new integrations) are what make the playbooks as powerful as they are. Together, the integrations and playbooks make it simple to integrate powerful new capabilities and workflows.

What needs improvement?

Overall, I've been more than satisfied with Siemplify, the Siemplify community, and Siemplify support. There are, of course, improvements and new features that we'd love to see, however, it's hard to keep an accurate list as Siemplify keeps making tremendous progress.

For example, I'm inclined to say that I'd love to see some Machine Learning capabilities integrated into the platform, however, I just attended a demo this morning where Siemplify gave a sneak peek into some Machine Learning capabilities that they are currently developing and have roadmapped for release soon.

Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR)
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Siemplify, Palo Alto Networks, Splunk and others in Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR). Updated: November 2022.
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using the solution for 1.5 years.

The platform is stable and has an excellent community of users and official support.

Siemplify makes scalability possible!

Customer support is prompt, professional, and sensitive to the needs of clients.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We switched from a competing SOAR platform due to the fact that its integrations capabilities were not as robust or well-supported.

There are many different ways to deploy Siemplify, either on-prem or in the cloud. They do a great job of clearly explaining how to deploy.

We handled the implementation in-house with excellent vendor support.

It's difficult to compete with the price of their free community version if you're looking to explore the capabilities of the platform, however, we ended up saving money with significantly improved capabilities compared to our existing solution.

We explored other SOAR platforms as well as looked for ways to improve our existing solution.

What other advice do I have?

I'd just like to emphasize again that this is, by far, the best vendor I've ever had the pleasure of working with in my decades of IT and Cybersecurity career.

Other
Download our free Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Siemplify, Palo Alto Networks, Splunk, and more!
Updated: November 2022