IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Saviynt OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Saviynt is #3 ranked solution in top Identity Management (IM) tools and #7 ranked solution in CASB solutions. PeerSpot users give Saviynt an average rating of 8 out of 10. Saviynt is most commonly compared to SailPoint IdentityIQ: Saviynt vs SailPoint IdentityIQ. Saviynt is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.
Saviynt Buyer's Guide

Download the Saviynt Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Saviynt?

Saviynt is an intelligent, cloud-first identity governance & access management solution. The solution is designed to help organizations quickly scale cloud initiatives and solve security and compliance challenges. Saviynt offers identity governance, granular application access, cloud security, and privileged access to secure your company’s ecosystem and provide a seamless user experience.

Saviynt Features

Saviynt has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Mobile enablement: Saviynt provides a powerful mobile app to manage business operations such as initiating a request, managing approvals, completing certifications, viewing dashboards, and taking actions in a timely manner.
  • Scalability and Flexibility: Saviynt is built for enterprise scale & flexibility with an industry-leading cloud architecture.
  • Cloud-based: Saviynt provides you with the ability to quickly deploy and seamlessly integrate with multiple critical applications within your environment to manage risks effectively.
  • Rapid application & identity onboarding: With Saviynt application and identity onboarding is easy. Saviynt offers pre-built templates and discovery of unmanaged assets & applications to help speed up the process.
  • AI & ML powered identity analytics: By leveraging the power of AI and machine learning, Saviynt is able to identify risk and duplicate identities, and can also close access gaps.
  • Actionable insights: Saviynt provides actionable insights for identity management, compliance, and security via the Control Center.

Saviynt Benefits

There are several benefits to implementing Saviynt. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:

• Frictionless access requests: With Saviynt you can request access from anywhere, at any time.
  • Policy violation and SoD conflict detection: Saviynt helps your organization prevent risky access by understanding violations and conflicts for any request.
  • Governance: Saviynt provides governance for all human and machine identities – including third parties.
  • Easier provisioning: Saviynt enables you to automate lifecycle tasks in order to make cross-application provisioning easier and more efficient.
  • Out-of-the-box rulesets: With Saviynt’s out-of-the-box rulesets, you can automatically connect security roles to security tasks.
  • User friendly: Saviynt is designed with a modern web interface and has a mobile app and browser plug-in along with a ServiceNow app to make it easy to use.

Reviews from Real Users

Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by Saviynt users.

An Identity and Access Management Specialist at a non-tech company states, "The dedicated Freshdesk platform is a user community and a step in the right direction for offering learning resources. Saviynt has a lot of potential with many features available for users."

A Principal Consultant at a tech services company says, "It's a highly functional system and a very well rounded solution. The onboarding of applications is solid. Their user access reviews are very good. Their role-based model and their identity life cycle stuff are solid.”

PeerSpot user Amimesh A., Senior Associate at a tech services company, mentions, “The most valuable feature is the ease of implementation. This product works well out of the box and if you don’t want to do a lot of configuration then this is the best tool. The reporting features are good.”

Irappa H., Manager at a computer software company, comments, “The most valuable features are the workflows and certification.”

Saviynt Customers

Shell, McKesson, Kimberly-Clark, Ingram Micro, Intermountain Health Care, Forterra, CoreLogic

Saviynt Video

Saviynt Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Saviynt pricing:
  • "We are not into the licensing part. The clients take care of the licensing part."
  • "The price of the license for this product is quite expensive."
  • Saviynt Reviews

Identuty IT Consultant
    Has database utility and report generation features, so you can directly do your query, write the code, then send the report
    • "The most valuable features of Saviynt are database utility and report generation. These two features have a major impact, particularly when you are trying to create a report because, in other systems, you need to use a third-party utility such as a BI tool or any other reporting tool to fetch the data and send out the report to a third party team. In Saviynt, it's a system within a system, so you don't have to use any third-party tool because you can directly do your query and write that code on Saviynt and then send that report to the team. Even the workflow in Saviynt is easier compared to other tools. It's pretty straightforward."
    • "An area for improvement in Saviynt is that there's a limitation on the number of logs you can get from the past twenty-four hours. For example, if the data is huge, the tool can only give you a maximum of one hundred logs. You can't get any further than that. In the next version of Saviynt, however, you can get more logs and you'll see them inside the log rotation. For example, when you're trying to search inside the log, you can select a date range, and then you can search for a particular log. We haven't used that new log rotation feature yet, but it's included in the next release of Saviynt. Another area for improvement in the tool is that it doesn't have a server monitoring feature, so if your server has a high load, it should give you a warning. You're supposed to get an alert similar to what's being done in WebLogic. In WebLogic, we had a separate facility, but in Saviynt, that feature's missing."

What is our primary use case?

We're using Saviynt for identity lifecycle management. For example, we will hire an employee and provide certain accesses, and when the employee leaves the company, we will remove all those accesses remotely. We're also using the tool for authentication and access in terms of navigating from one system to another. Saviynt takes care of everything access-related. We are using it to create access for all our users.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Saviynt are database utility and report generation. These two features have a major impact, particularly when you are trying to create a report because, in other systems, you need to use a third-party utility such as a BI tool or any other reporting tool to fetch the data and send out the report to a third party team. In Saviynt, it's a system within a system, so you don't have to use any third-party tool because you can directly do your query and write that code on Saviynt and then send that report to the team. Even the workflow in Saviynt is easier compared to other tools. It's pretty straightforward.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement in Saviynt is that there's a limitation on the number of logs you can get from the past twenty-four hours. For example, if the data is huge, the tool can only give you a maximum of one hundred logs. You can't get any further than that. In the next version of Saviynt, however, you can get more logs and you'll see them inside the log rotation. For example, when you're trying to search inside the log, you can select a date range, and then you can search for a particular log. We haven't used that new log rotation feature yet, but it's included in the next release of Saviynt. Another area for improvement in the tool is that it doesn't have a server monitoring feature, so if your server has a high load, it should give you a warning. You're supposed to get an alert similar to what's being done in WebLogic. In WebLogic, we had a separate facility, but in Saviynt, that feature's missing. Sometimes, we do face some issues with the certification, as it's a long certification. For example, if you're launching all the certifications at once, that particular job will have an issue, but it won't affect user access. In terms of jobs, Saviynt doesn't have the facility to run many jobs on a particular server. If they had that facility, that will be super awesome. One feature we'd like to see in Saviynt in its next release is the log rotation. With a third-party tool such as Splunk, you can get these logs and data from one year, so if Saviynt can add that same feature, that will be awesome. Having the capability to access logs that are a week or a month old would be great. Currently, the tool offers limited logs, so it's a bit difficult for us to debug. For example, even though we are having the same issue, that issue might not replicate now. We need more logs and data for debugging purposes. Another feature we'd like added to the tool is the job feature that would allow us to utilize the job services even if we have more users because currently, it will stop other jobs which had already been scheduled if we reach the limit. Saviynt needs to have the facility to run the job from the server, from the backend. It would be very good to have that in the next release. Improving the certification process is also another feature we'd like to see in the tool.

I've been using Saviynt for one year and three months, and the version I'm using is 3.10.
    Saviynt
    June 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Saviynt. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
    610,812 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Stability for Saviynt is okay. I have used multiple systems and have compared the tool with other systems, and it's okay. It's not bad, and as a customer, I have faced some issues, but now it's okay. The tool's fine.

Saviynt is a scalable tool, and we didn't face any performance issues when accessing one hundred, two hundred, or even one thousand users. The tool reads well, and performance-wise, it's fine.

Initially, we didn't get much response from Saviynt. In the past, we needed them to come up with a plan, or provide information on why the issue was happening, what the root causes were, and what their analysis was, and they were not responding much, but now they are.

The initial setup for Saviynt is pretty straightforward. It's not a complex setup.  How long the deployment of the tool would take depends on the application level. If any of the applications need background checks, whether it's for the database or it's for the services, most of them you can do in a day. If everything is set up, meaning all the firewalls have been set up and the background checks have been done, then most of the time, it only takes a few hours to complete the deployment. That is apart from RESTful because with RESTful, you might face some issues based on recent access token issues. If there are no issues, deployment won't take up that much time.

I have no idea how much the license for Saviynt costs.

What other advice do I have?

Saviynt is deployed inside the company network through a third party. I don't have information on why my company decided to go with Saviynt, but my company has a very good expectation of the tool, as far as I know. Compared to other IdM tools, I'm recommending Saviynt to colleagues, friends, and others. If you have a background or if you're working with any IdM tool, it'll be easy for you. If you don't know IdM, Saviynt offers training sessions, and if you go through training, it'll take a week or so for you to learn how the tool works. Compared to other tools, you'll have a lot of confidence accessing Saviynt because it's a pretty straightforward tool. You won't have any conflicts with it because it's an easy system. It's a user-friendly tool. My rating for Saviynt is eight out of ten, and I can't give it a ten because its services were not up to the mark. I faced that issue personally, though nowadays, the solution has improved. Over the past year, my company faced some difficulties with Saviynt. For example, some of the onboarding projects have been blocked due to responses from Saviynt. These issues happen, so eight is the rating I'm giving to the tool. It's not the best tool you can have, but it's a tool you can go with.
    Identity and Access Management Specialist at a non-tech company with 10,001+ employees
    The way the tool is introduced to the user lacks industry standards and better learning resources
    • "The dedicated Freshdesk platform is a user community and a step in the right direction for offering learning resources."
    • "Saviynt has a lot of potential with many features available for users."
    • "The product lacks a broad user base which makes it difficult sometimes to find answers to questions about the product."
    • "The company needs to do more to establish standard practices within the product itself that are common in the industry."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Saviynt for a wide range of things. That includes attestation, SoD (Segregation of Duty), analytics, requestee, ARS (Access Request System) platform, role entitlement, but other features as well. We are planning to pretty much use the full suite of tools.

What needs improvement?

As one of the leading IGA (Identity Governance & Administration) products and because of how I see this is the tool, I have to wonder how a client can fully maximize the capabilities of Saviynt. Surely the client needs to understand the tool to some extent. I think it is important that Saviynt services agents help to empower their clients to use their tools in a better way that is not being promoted at this time.

One thing — and it could be just a problem in the APEC area — it that there is a lack of resources for independent learning. I have to spend quite a bit of time in the Freshdesk area to study in order to understand a feature, what other people are saying about it, et cetera. I find that I can not really get to understand the features that I am exploring quickly enough and in enough depth. The company I am working for is doing a project with Saviynt. My role is project/BAU (Business as Usual). Once everything is deployed in a proper way, I will be the person running it as a BAU resource.

For an example of the learning that is absent, one thing I wonder about is the campaign module. Part of a campaign is to determine a risk score. The risk score is to be determined by the role as far as the entitlement for that role. I was hoping to have some kind of Saviynt-as-a-Service provide best practice governance where they could advise the client on how the risk score can be implemented in the tool. It is not obvious, and they do not provide that guidance.

A tool like this can work for the client only if they have that standard governance in place. If not, they will not be able to leverage the experts in the field while working with so many clients. Saviynt has to work for their clients and so does the competition, like SailPoint. These users have different tools to do similar things and they will have a lot of exposure to different use cases. But still, there will be some common ground that should be addressed as standards. Some of those governance questions become very important in order to stay within an expected standard. If Saviynt can provide a framework for working with these standards with their tool, I think that would be quite helpful.

Because different people are working together with clients in a company and using different tools, when we are in that situation, people using different tools have to speak the same language. Assuring that product users follow some best practice recommendations can help with that. In turn, we can uplift our standards and policies and strategies to align better with other people doing IGA.

It is not really the tool itself, but the way it is introduced to the user or used by the user that is my issue with the product.

We have been using Saviynt since May of 2020. So that is for about four months.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I might give to someone who is new to Saviynt is to be aware of Freshdesk. It is the community area for Saviynt users. It is good to have that community as there will be people wondering about the same questions and it makes it easier to find out the answer.

One thing I noticed about other popular products like SAP or Microsoft Azure, is that when there is a large user-base you can Google a question and most likely you will find the answer somewhere. Saviynt's profile and usage is still expanding. It is not always so easy that you can just Google a question to find your answer. Freshdesk can provide a way to fill that gap.

On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate my experience with Saviynt so far as maybe only a four-out-of-ten. This is my personal ranking from what I have experienced with the product. Be mindful that the rating reflects that I am in the process of discovering the tool. For example, one of the key selling points of Saviynt is the SoD module, which we have not deployed yet. I can only provide feedback on what I know to date. I think SoD is going to be a really important feature and I look forward to when it will be deployed in our environment. At that stage the rating may change.

Saviynt
    June 2022
    610,812 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Principal Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Highly functional and well rounded system with good user access reviews
    • "It's a highly functional system and a very well rounded solution. The onboarding of applications is solid. Their user access reviews are very good. Their role-based model and their identity life cycle stuff are solid. It's a very well rounded, strong product."
    • "In terms of improvement, it's really just a matter of them getting more mature. It's a relatively new solution and they probably need to streamline a few of the processes as they mature. But there are not too many problems."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use cases are for identity lifecycle management and identity governance.

What is most valuable?

It's a highly functional system and a very well rounded solution. The onboarding of applications is solid. Their user access reviews are very good. Their role-based model and identity life cycle stuff are solid. It's a very well rounded, strong product.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, it's really just a matter of them getting more mature. It's a relatively new solution and they probably need to streamline a few of the processes as they mature. But there are not too many problems.

I have been using Saviynt for twelve months.

The whole Saviynt model is a hosted solution by Saviynt, so they hosted in their environment and it's a cloud-based offering.

It's solid enough, it performs well.

I know our people have contacted their support and they found them to be quite responsive.

On one level there are not a lot of differences between Saviynt and IdentityIQ. They both try to do almost the same things. Both of those products address much the same marketplace, and they do it in slightly different ways, but only slightly different. They basically offer the same features, so they're very similar solutions.

The setup is as complex or straightforward as the customer needs it to be. It's generally easy to get started, but like any system, if the client is complex in requirements, then generally it takes a lot more effort to get set up. Saviynt is good if you've got fairly straightforward requirements. It goes in quickly and easily. But as soon as you get some variations and complexity from the customer, then that takes customization, which is always involved. That's not a criticism of the platform, it's just the nature of the project.

You would certainly need specialist skills to deploy the solution.

What other advice do I have?

It's certainly a very worthwhile and solid product. I think organizations need to understand what they're trying to achieve before they start these projects. If they're looking for the range of things that Saviynt offers, then it is a very solid product.

I would rate Saviynt an eight out of ten. Nothing is a 10 and it's got some edges that need to smooth out as it matures. There are certain things that it doesn't do as elegantly as it could, but that's like most products, nothing's ideal. It's a very tameable product.

I've got no particular as to which features could be added. It's just a matter of how you customize it to meet requirements. If you can live within the boundaries of what comes out of the box, it's very simple and straightforward, but very few organizations do that. So, the ability to accommodate customization is always an area that needs to be focused on.

Private Cloud
    IAM Architecht
    Very easy to manage and to use; an intuitive UI for end users
    • "It's easy to manage and easy to use; a simple tool for end-users."
    • "We sometimes experience performance issues when the solution fails to process the data between two different applications."

What is our primary use case?

We generally use this solution for identity, onboarding user employees and contractors in our organization. Depending on their department title and employee type, we grant access; there are various different users and various types of access. We also run analytical reports so we are using almost all the components of the product. We are customers of Saviynt and I am an IAM architect.

What is most valuable?

Saviynt performs well against other products in the market. It's easy to manage and easy to use. It's a simple tool for end users because it's like a shopping cart. You request something, select your user, select the application, select the access and submit. From there, it follows its own approval process. It's a matter of clicking next, next, next and you can either certify, rework or consult. The UI is intuitive and can display messages. If you get confused you can request the administrators to modify the messages.

What needs improvement?

We have around 60,000 employees. There are a lot of tasks being created and interactions between different applications. When the number of requests is very high, there is a lag and it takes time for the data to refresh. We also sometimes have performance issues when the solution fails to process the data between two different applications. Customization needs to occur so that the data between two different applications will flow smoothly but here are times when our scheduled jobs get stuck. I think that performance, in terms of customization available, and product functionality including the UI could be improved.

I know they're implementing the PAM solution but I'm not sure how it's going to work. There's a lot there and I'm waiting to see how it holds up because the product is basically identity management. As they move into a PAM tool, it will be interesting to see how they implement it and how it will perform.

I've been using this solution for seven years.

The solution is quite stable, we don't have much downtime.

The scalability is good, even when we hit peak user times.

If there are any issues, we open a professional services ticket and get guidance from them. There are certain things that require help from Saviynt such as integrating with ITSM tools like Splunk.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup to open the connectivity between Saviynt and the client requires the networking team to be onboarded properly. They have to understand both environments. It's a pretty standard process.

We have an annual license based on a per-user basis.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution eight out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
    Implementation Engineer at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Provides in-depth information with a single click, but it should support more customizations
    • "It gives very good and in-depth knowledge about a particular identity. Everything is through a single click. We get to know the workflows related to a particular identity with a single click."
    • "It should support more customizations. In SailPoint, we can do many customizations, but we are not able to do that in Saviynt. For workflows and other things, we can only use what is already in place. Saviynt has a lot of scope for improvement on the customization part."

What is our primary use case?

I am an implementation engineer, and I do the implementation for clients. We use it for identity governance for our clients.

What is most valuable?

It gives very good and in-depth knowledge about a particular identity. Everything is through a single click. We get to know the workflows related to a particular identity with a single click.

What needs improvement?

It should support more customizations. In SailPoint, we can do many customizations, but we are not able to do that in Saviynt. For workflows and other things, we can only use what is already in place. Saviynt has a lot of scope for improvement on the customization part.

I have been using this solution for the last one year.

There are no issues with its stability.

It is scalable. Currently, we are using it for a healthcare client, and they have around 5,000 users. It will be used for everyone in the company, but we haven't yet onboarded all of them into the production environment. We are doing it gradually in phases for specific users. For example, currently, we are onboarding contractors. For this, from the client's side, there is a team of 10 people, and from our side, we are working with three people.

I have used SailPoint for 50,000 users and 100K users, but Saviynt is yet to reach that mark. Companies with 5,000 or 10,000 people can easily go with Saviynt.

Saviynt's team is very much helpful in terms of technical support.

I have used other products. We use SailPoint IIQ for other clients. The product that we use depends on a client's choice. We do as our client says.

It was easy. It was not that complex.

For my current client, the Saviynt team helped us to set up the initial environment. After that, we did the application and user onboarding. For the initial setup of the environment, they took around one month or so, and after that, we started onboarding applications on it.

We are not into the licensing part. The clients take care of the licensing part.

What other advice do I have?

It is worth trying because everyone knows how SailPoint works and what are its limitations. There are also niche players, such as Okta, but Saviynt is worth trying. Saviynt can give you whatever you are getting from SailPoint or Okta.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Excellent integration with many great features including an attestation feature
    • "The product has a great attestation feature."
    • "The solution is hosted on AWS cloud, and there is some dependency that affects our bottom line."

What is our primary use case?

This is a solution used for identity and governance management for any project and a tool on which there are multiple other applications deployed. The access management related to all those deployed applications is managed through Saviynt. We use it to maintain the identity and governance of the company. We have a partnership with Saviynt and I'm a consultant.

How has it helped my organization?

We've seen a big improvement with respect to the audit findings that companies generally go through.

What is most valuable?

I really like the certification or attestation feature. It validates the access of a user. According to government regulatory terms, the access pertaining to an application, whether it's SOX or non-SOX, has to be reviewed periodically. The feature helps us to maintain the security of our data by enabling access only to those who really need it.

Saviynt provides the out-of-box connectors and other documentation and doesn't need a pure development experience, where you are responsible for coding everything from scratch. It simplifies things for anyone who doesn't have a high level of technical know-how. From an integration perspective, it's very good. The company is constantly developing new features. We use the solution primarily because of its great features.

What needs improvement?

Because the application is hosted on AWS cloud, there is some dependency and that affects our bottom line. A couple of times we've had to stop everything for two or three days. That issue should be solved because when you are live and working on production, having downtime means losing business. Things can also just slow down while we're using the application and although it's not downtime, it can kill a lot of production hours.

I've been using this solution for two and a half years.

Saviynt is one of the most reliable products currently on the market.

The tool is on the cloud and that makes for good scalability. I know of a few companies that have 40,000 to 50,000 users.

We've had mixed dealings with customer support. Recently it seems to have improved but six or seven months ago, the support wasn't great.

I believe we've had a return on our investment but I can't quantify it.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution nine out of 10.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    Product Owner Identity & Access Management at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Reasonably priced with good reporting and the capability to scale
    • "We have found the implementation process to be very easy."
    • "The configuration process at the beginning can be difficult, depending on the complexity of the company."

What is most valuable?

The solution handles backflow very well.

The reporting on offer is quite good.

We have found the implementation process to be very easy.

The scalability is okay.

The cost of the solution is reasonable.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice if managing exceptions was easier.

I've used the solution for about a year.

The solution's stability mostly depends on the database and architecture.

The scalability is okay. In the end, it's all about how the application architecture looks, due to the fact that, in the end, it's all about one database for all actions that need to be performed.

I've never had the chance to contact technical support. I cannot say how helpful or responsive they are as I've never dealt with them.

How complex the initial setup is mostly depends on the size of the organization. The more complex the organization, the more complex the initial setup. The level of difficulty is also related to scoping - for example, how do you define your manual viable product, et cetera? That's quite difficult to answer. That said, the implementation is not that difficult. It's more about configuration.

We have our own internal team that handles deployment and maintenance.

We are implementors and we are able to set up this product for our clients.

The solution is a full SaaS product.

The product is not that costly. It's also not the cheapest product, however. I would describe it as fairly priced.

What other advice do I have?

We have a partnership with Saviynt.

The company I'm working for is an implementer of it and we are providing it to our internal customers.

From a project management perspective, a potential user needs to ensure they have their requirements very clear and on a detailed level in order to perform the right RSP. Otherwise, at least check whether the product meets the necessary requirements.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

Other
    manager at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
    Good performance, with powerful third-party user management features, but the support needs to be improved
    • "The feature that we use the most is the global, third-party user management."
    • "The customer support and implementation services need to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We have three basic use cases.

The first use case is for the external identity store, which is a system for handling third-party identities. The second is for Identity Governance and Administration (IGA). We use it as a general IGA system for handling all of the related use cases, as well as for lifecycle management. Our third use case is a global access request platform.

What is most valuable?

The feature that we use the most is the global, third-party user management.

What needs improvement?

The customer support and implementation services need to be improved.

We purchased our Saviynt licenses approximately one year ago.

Saviynt is decently stable, although they had an issue last fall with a security hole that they didn't handle very well.

As we have scaled, we haven't had any problems with performance. Overall, it seems to be quite scalable.

Currently, we have approximately 10,000 users but we are still at the beginning. In the long run, we want to have 750,000 people on the platform.

Customer service and support are areas that they should focus on, in terms of improvement. I would rate the customer support a three out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Negative

It is difficult to implement Saviynt. The challenge is that it's very hard to find people who are experienced in the use of this product.

The price of the license for this product is quite expensive.

We did evaluate other options but we wanted to have a SaaS solution, and at the time, Saviynt was one of the few global players that offered a fully-featured product as a service.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering Saviynt is that if you want to be successful with the product, you need to find a good implementation partner.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Download our free Saviynt Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: June 2022