IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

SAP Replication Server OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Replication Server is #10 ranked solution in top Database Development and Management tools and #30 ranked solution in top Data Integration Tools. PeerSpot users give SAP Replication Server an average rating of 8 out of 10. SAP Replication Server is most commonly compared to Qlik Replicate: SAP Replication Server vs Qlik Replicate. SAP Replication Server is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 34% of all views.

Download the Database Development and Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is SAP Replication Server?

Information and data-driven insight is what powers business today. But to get the most from your enterprise data, you need a way to bring transactional, streaming, social media, and other data together – regardless of its format and whether it’s structured or unstructured – and be able to analyze it. The challenge is moving, replicating, and centralizing a wide variety of data efficiently, cost-effectively, and quickly enough to meet business demands for active insight. SAP® Replication Server® can help. SAP Replication Server enables the continuous movement of mission-critical application data.

SAP Replication Server was previously known as Sybase Replication Server.

SAP Replication Server Customers

Medtronic, Cirque du Soleil, Antarc, B&G Manufacturing, EarlySense, eBay, Ferrero, James Austin Company, Lenovo, Sagem, RAK Ceramics, Vodafone

SAP Replication Server Video

Archived SAP Replication Server Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user738357 - PeerSpot reviewer
DBA Oracle, Sybase, SQLServer And Cloudera Administrator with 1,001-5,000 employees
It has a catalog with the location of all the objects which have been replicated, but the OLTP Application and Transactional needs improvement

What is most valuable?

Warm Standby, because you can read/write very easily, if necessary. Just unlock logins.

How has it helped my organization?

Yes, We had a standby open where all reports were executed on it. It is possible to create temporary objects on standby, in similar products it is impossible to do this.

What needs improvement?

OLTP Application and Transactional.

For eight years.
Database Development and Management
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Quest Software, IBM and others in Database Development and Management. Updated: June 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Yes, but they were always was solved by support.

Yes, but it is possible to use in cluster systems.

10 out of 10; very high quality.

Yes, we used Oracle GoldenGate, but only to receive data from other applications.

It's complex. It's necessary to understand a little about infrastructure, like network LAN and VLAN environment.

I don't have this information.

Yes, Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Data Guard, but both have less features than Sybase.

What other advice do I have?

This product has a catalog with the location of all the objects which were replicated. It's very simple to maintain. For version 12.5, some operations on roles management could be easier. But in version 15.7, there are more alternatives.
TechMgr3486 - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Manager at a energy/utilities company with 51-200 employees
Replicates data between SAP databases, ASE to IQ, very successfully

What is most valuable?

The most valuable thing about this product is that replicates data between SAP databases (ASE to IQ) very successfully.

How has it helped my organization?

Very flexible in business continuity.

What needs improvement?

There is a need to improve performance in high transactional processes.

Eight-plus years.

Yes. There is a need to improve performance in high transactional processes.

There have been some instances of insufficient technical support.

We also tested Attunity and GoldenGate replication products at a sufficient level in terms of price performance.

The initial setup is not so easy. A user-friendly interface is needed.

I recommend it to SAP (ASE, IQ, HANA, etc.) database users.

Yes, Attunity and Oracle GoldenGate. I can say that this is the most successful replication at the database level. At the table level, however, I can say that Attunity is the most successful. In terms of user friendliness, Attunity is one level above. Regarding support, I can say Oracle's GoldenGate.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good product because it supports cross-platform, although the product interface needs to be improved.

Download our free Database Development and Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Quest Software, IBM, and more!
Updated: June 2022