IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

SanDisk SSD OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is SanDisk SSD?
SanDisk solid state drives are everything you want in a computer: Fast, Responsive, Efficient, High Capacity. They elevate your computing experience and deliver new levels of performance and reliability. Featuring advanced caching technology and real-time error correction, SanDisk solid-state drives are the optimal choice for multinational enterprises and startups that will one day span the globe too.
SanDisk SSD Customers
CloudByte, ScaleMatrix
SanDisk SSD Video

Archived SanDisk SSD Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user395109 - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Admin at a non-tech company with 51-200 employees
I use it for music projects that take a huge amount of space.

What is most valuable?

With having to record various artist, projects take a huge amount of space so we have to replace space more than we should. Protools itself takes up tons of space along with other applications such as FL Studio and Ableton Live, and Adobe Photoshop makes it no better on a hard disk drive. When I used a friend's laptop that consisted of a solid state drive, I immediately saw the difference but the size was not big enough to hold all the applications needed to fulfill our needs so we had to return the laptop. I immediately bought a SSD and docked it.

What needs improvement?

256GB is way too small. The price for the 256GB device was in my price range and I still did not know how beneficial it was so I tried it. It was amazing, but I just didn't have enough space. You never understand how much space a project can take up until you have almost no space available. I had to basically use the SSD as a bridge whenever I filled its capacity. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed the product from SanDisk, but the size is just too small and the prices are too high. I guess that's the price you have to pay for an amazing product. I have an external hard drive, but it is a hard disk drive. It's not bad at all but if there were an external solid state drive that would be amazing. The speed and portability of it would be incomparable. I would have the efficiency of a 2015 MacBook in the form of a portable drive. The only problem I might run into is the price of this external solid state drive. Replacement SSDs are priced at $90-$120 for a 256gb if it's external, it might be 30% more.

I've had no issues with deployment.

I've had no issues with stability.

Other than the space issue, I've had no issues with scalability.

We were looking at flash storage as we have too little space and too much money invested on just memory. With flash, we have multiple solid state drives, working at once is a dream come true. It's fast and more memory than I can think of
it_user392349 - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at a tech company with 51-200 employees
I can keep one or two Adobe Premiere or After Effects projects on it.

Valuable Features:

I currently own a SanDisk SSD. My computer boots faster than ever, loads applications that I have located on it almost instantly, and never fails or crashes. I also keep one or two Adobe Premiere or After Effects projects on it.

This solid state drive is the best. It was cheap, only around $70 when I purchased it, and is the most reliable piece of hardware out there. I have relieved so much pain from my life choosing this SSD.

No more BSODs, no more laggy game captures/FPS drops in the games I play, and it didn't take much setup at all. Phenomenal performance for the price I paid. Perfect for me, I recommend it to everyone in need of a great upgrade.

Room for Improvement:

I have only a few aspects of this SSD that can be improved. First of all, the hard plastic "shell" on the drive seems a little weak. When transporting the drive to my second computer, I noticed it rattled a little, it would be nice if the shell was more solid. I want to feel security when I pick up the piece of hardware that contains the most important pieces to my company. Also, the SATA port on the SSD seem a little loose, the cable has the potential to drop off of the back of the drive. Same goes for the SATA power cable.

I would like to see a sleeker design. I want to be able to feel security when I pick it up, so maybe a metal case? Something that when I hold it, it feels heavy. It feels sleek and secure; there is no busting it up if it is dropped. Another suggestion is the ports on the back are a little more tightened, so the cables have no way of falling out of the back. Another cool aesthetic I would like to see is a logo. No more plain "SanDisk" logo at the top. A cool, sleek design engraved would be awesome. Even though no one sees the hardware in a computer (for the most part), it would add a professional vibe to it.

Deployment Issues:

I've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

I've had no issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

I've had no issues with scalability.

Other Solutions Considered:

Currently my gaming team relies on a small amount of hard disc space to be able to record and make videos for YouTube. We would like to move to Flash Arrays as they will not only expand , but further eliminate the limits of data centers.  With an increase in storage, our company will be able to save larger files, and run many projects at once, creating more and more content for the YouTube world.

it_user389073 - PeerSpot reviewer
Founder/President at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
The flash drive saved our survivor's stories and important documents when my motherboard was fried.

Valuable Features:

SanDisk Flash is extremely portable and reliable, and it protects my data. My laptop died on a Shattering The Silence Tour and Documentary Project, at FACSAFoundation.org. The storage on the device saved our documentary footage and years of hard work. We could not go back and recapture the emotions from the survivors stories and the events. It would have all been lost.

I like the higher storage with lower cost.

We got a nasty virus while on tour which fried the motherboard of my laptop. The flash drive saved our survivor's stories and important documents; and two years worth of work-things that could not be replaced.

Improvements to My Organization:

I personally use them a lot, and find that are portable, reliable, and protect my data, the stories from survivors and events from across the nation, which I could not recapture. You never know when you will get a virus, or your mother board will fry and in that instant, you lose everything.

Room for Improvement:

SanDisk Flash needs more storage and more megabytes. Videos and documentary work take a lot of storage, as well as family photos. If the packages could be created with more storage and lower fees, I believe their sales would escalate. People do not back up data or store it in a cloud as they should. Maybe SanDisk can start selling SanDisk Cloud Data storage.

I would like to see more megabytes. Maybe they could start selling cloud data services. There are so many options for expansion, and they are only limited to your imagination. The device could be thinner, lighter, and hold more data at a lower price. The future is becoming more virtual, and if you do not catch up to that, you get left in the draconian dust.

Use of Solution:

The FACSA Foundation has created a paradigm shift for survivors of sexual assault and human trafficking, when we began a 115 city tour hosting free educational prevention conferences across the nation with local advocates, filming a documentary, and conducting research. I used Sandisk Flash drives to capture our survivor stories and back up our data for our nationwide journey.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

We've had no issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

We've had no issues with scalability.

it_user381438 - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Admin at a media company with 51-200 employees
Transfer speeds are very fast and it helps with the amount of time it takes to transfer large video files and even pictures.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable features I've noticed is that my SSD boots very fast like in seconds instead of minutes like my hard drive did. My SSD doesn't always have 100% utilization like my hard drive. And the speed of the SSD is a lot more instantaneous so transfer speeds are very fast and it helps with the amount of time it takes to transfer large video files and even pictures. Streaming media from the SSD is flawless it works perfectly with my gigabit network. With no hickups in the video or pictures the SSD never reaches 100% utilization ever. The SSD doesn't get hot when it's under full load.

Improvements to My Organization:

In my data center I only have hard drives, with no SSD storage, but I always wish I could have some SSD storage to speed up with transfers and boot up devices faster. Currently, I have two boot SSDs - one in my storage array and one in my personal laptop. My laptop has a 240GB SanDisk SSD and I freaking love it. It works flawlessly and my storage array boots up very fast with a SanDisk SSD. I've never had an SSD as a boot drive and there's a big difference between SSDs and hard drives. I used to have to wait forever for my storage array to boot and file transfers were longer than I want. Me and my friend shoot videos and photos, and time-lapse videos of nature around Colorado. We struggle for enough storage space for all of our pictures, videos, and documents. I hope one day I can have a data center with all SSD storage. It would improve my workflow I can spend more time with my family instead of waiting for file transfers to finish. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to get a chance to win .

Room for Improvement:

When I got my SSD, I tried installing Windows 10 on it and it did not work, as it said the SSD was not formatted for a GPT drive. You should include instructions or help with installing Windows or a different OS. I had a lot of trouble with it. I reached out to my friends who maybe could help and the SSD still wouldn't let me install Windows 10. Then I tried formatting the drive for a GPT drive, made an empty partition and then all of a sudden it worked. They should make the is clone software free, and the coating on the SSD feels weird.

They should make the SSD a GPT drive so it's easier for people to install an OS on it. You could make OS cloning software free to download and use. It would've been very helpful to me. I tried making the SSD a boot drive for a week straight and spent endless hours trying to install an OS on the SSD . What I'm saying is you should format the drive as a GPT drive and make bootable partition. The partition was formatted as an MBR drive and the partition was not set up to install an OS on it. It also needs a different coating.

Product Categories