Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

RSA SecurID Access OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

RSA SecurID Access is #9 ranked solution in top Authentication Systems. PeerSpot users give RSA SecurID Access an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. RSA SecurID Access is most commonly compared to Microsoft Authenticator: RSA SecurID Access vs Microsoft Authenticator. RSA SecurID Access is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 16% of all views.

Download the Authentication Systems Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is RSA SecurID Access?

The RSA SecurID Suite combines the separate disciplines of access management and authentication with identity governance and user lifecycle management into one comprehensive suite. It goes way beyond the capabilities of traditional identity and access management systems by using risk analytics to provide identity and access assurance. This helps organizations solve two fundamental challenges:

• Verifying that their users are who they say they are.
  • Providing their users with the right level of access.

RSA SecurID Access was previously known as RSA Access Manager.

RSA SecurID Access Customers

Milliman, Geisinger Health System, Advanced Micro Devices

RSA SecurID Access Video

RSA SecurID Access Pricing Advice

What users are saying about RSA SecurID Access pricing:
"I think the price of this solution is reasonable compared to YubiKey and Duo given that it offers the same similar features."

RSA SecurID Access Reviews

Rajesh Gottimukkala - PeerSpot reviewer
Managing Director at Invesdom
Scalable and secure, but could be more compliant-based
  • "I think it is really good when it comes to the hard token side of things."
  • "There are different compliances across the globe; RSA SecurID Access could be more complaint-based."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this solution for multifactor authentication.

What is most valuable?

All of its features work well with the cloud authentication manager and the tokens — the authentication manager is good. The tokens can be integrated with Okta, which is nice. I think it is really good when it comes to the hard token side of things.

What needs improvement?

There are different compliances across the globe; RSA SecurID Access could be more complaint-based. For example, it would be nice if the authentication manager was compliant with IRAP in Australia.

I have been using this solution for roughly one year.

Authentication Systems
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about RSA, Microsoft, Ping Identity and others in Authentication Systems. Updated: September 2022.
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Stability-wise, on a scale from one to five, I would give this solution a rating of three and a half.

In terms of scalability, I am not sure if it's necessarily scalable on its own, but when integrated with other cloud solutions and improved on a regular basis, it's quite scalable. The cloud side is definitely scalable. It's difficult to say exactly how scalable it is. Scalability-wise, I would say it's slightly above average; just be sure to integrate it with other cloud-based solutions if you need to scale out further.

I personally haven't had any contact with technical support; I handle the business side of things.

Although I haven't set up this solution personally, our development team has informed me that the initial setup is quite straightforward.

I think the price of this solution is reasonable compared to YubiKey and Duo given that it offers the same similar features. For a large company, if there is an agreement and a discount agreed upon, then you can get this solution for a reasonable price. The price really comes down to the size of your company and the type of discount you agree upon.

They should provide non-production environments that are in development with cheaper non-resalable licenses or even free licenses along with the production — that would be good.

We also evaluated Duo and YubiKey.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of seven.

If you're a large business in need of a large agreement, try and get a discount. Also, be sure to ask for a complimentary non-production license when you're buying production licenses; they're available for a cheaper rate compared to non-production licenses.

Download our free Authentication Systems Report and find out what your peers are saying about RSA, Microsoft, Ping Identity, and more!
Updated: September 2022