Perfecto OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Perfecto is the #3 ranked solution in top Mobile App Testing Tools, #4 ranked solution in top Test Automation Tools, and #5 ranked solution in top Functional Testing Tools. PeerSpot users give Perfecto an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Perfecto is most commonly compared to BrowserStack: Perfecto vs BrowserStack. Perfecto is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 69% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.
Perfecto Buyer's Guide

Download the Perfecto Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Perfecto?

Perfecto is a cloud-based mobile app testing tool that is designed to help test applications on different operating systems and devices. The solution lets users automate processes related to advanced test scenarios and access browser versions and devices according to individual requirements. With Perfecto’s smart test execution capabilities, teams can manage testing across web and mobile platforms using a single script, conduct parallel testing for large test suites, and design advanced user-based test scenarios to accelerate app release cycles. The solution is also helpful for IT departments, providing insights into biometrics, device vitals, audio injection, network throttling, packet loss, and rotation data to meet desired end-user conditions that align with business priorities.

Perfecto Features

Perfecto has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Live Stream analysis
  • User management
  • Test failure analysis
  • Real user simulation

Perfecto Benefits

There are many benefits to implementing Perfecto. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:

• Streamlined test creation: When you use Perfecto, test creation is easy for your teams. Testing frameworks, like Appium, allows you to scale automated test scripts without any issues.
  • Scalable test execution: Perfecto enables you to accelerate your mobile app testing and is elastically-scaled with no single point of failure, so you can get the testing cadence you need. In addition, the solution makes it possible for you to execute tests from within IDEs as well as through CI servers like Jenkins.
  • Superior application quality for mobile: By using Perfecto, you can maximize continuous testing and shift quality by combining the solution with BlazeMeter. Together, these two solutions can help you measure mobile user experience, produce high-quality test data on demand, and create realistic mock services.
  • AI-driven test automation dashboards: The solution’s unique dashboards and heatmaps give you high-level visibility with timelines and trends.
  • Cloud-based lab: Perfecto’s Smart Testing Lab gives you the tools you need to quickly test your mobile app against thousands of permutations.

Reviews from Real Users

Perfecto is a solution that stands out when compared to many of its competitors. Some of its major advantages are that it has fantastic testing, reporting, and automation capabilities.

Roland C., QA Lead at BMO Financial, says, “The most valuable would be their Live Stream analysis, where I can see the live analysis of all the executions on a single device or multiple devices as well as track them. The live analysis and reporting would be the single most valuable feature.”

Andy B., Systems Engineer at a financial services firm, writes, “I really love the interaction it has with mobile devices, the testing capabilities, as well as reporting capabilities that we get from the application. Perfecto is excellent when it comes to executing cross-platform testing.”

A Director, QE Automation & Analytics at a financial services firm, says, “The most valuable feature is cloud-based automation and testing.”

Another PeerSpot reviewer, Kristina B., Product Manager at a manufacturing company, states, “The solution allows us to do seamless cross-platform testing, saves time, and comes with excellent customer service.”

Perfecto was previously known as Perfecto Mobile, Perfecto Web.

Perfecto Customers

Virgin Media, Paychex, Rabobank, R+V, Discover

Perfecto Video

Archived Perfecto Reviews (more than two years old)

Regional Head Customer Experience at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Good automated testing, but the price and performance could be better
  • "The most valuable feature is automated testing."
  • "We have had some issues with performance, which is something that should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We write applications for mobile devices and we use Perfecto Mobile to test them. We set up automated tests, although we perform manual tests in some cases.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is automated testing.

What needs improvement?

We have had challenges while using this product.

The main problem has to do with OTP. OTP comes on the SIM but there is no SIM card in the cloud, so it makes it a big challenge for us. It is available in development but because we don't have the OTP API exposed, we don't have it in production.

The price of Perfecto Mobile should be lowered.

I have been using Perfecto Mobile for more than a year.

Perfecto
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Perfecto. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We experience some device hangs, as well as other performance-related issues.

It is not auto-scalable. We have dedicated devices that we use for testing our applications. There is an option for scalability but we aren't using it.

We have had contact with technical support and they are good. We have no issues with them.

The initial setup is not easy because the networking team is in the bank and the network is secure. It took a lot of time to get approval, receive access, and then set it up properly.

We had to engage the Perfecto team to assist with deployment.

This is an expensive solution compared to others, by 30% to 40%.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I would recommend. However, we have complaints about both cost and performance.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Responsible for Test Management at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Stable, easy initial setup, and offers coverage of various mobile devices and operating systems
  • "The most valuable aspect of the solution is that it covers all types of devices on the market allowing you to test different versions of an operating system."
  • "It would be ideal if there was a complete integration with other test management tools and other applications like HPLM, Micro Focus, or Microsoft Azure."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a mobile testing tool.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I looked at the solution a year ago. I'm not sure what functionalities were lacking or need improvement, but I do find it to be a good tool.

It would be ideal if there was a complete integration with other test management tools and other applications like HPLM, Micro Focus, or Microsoft Azure.

I worked with the solution for one year.

Once we had an open session and during the next entry, we had difficulties re-entering the tool. This only happened once or twice, but no more than that.

The scalability is very easy to handle.

The current version of the solution is very stable, so we've never had to contact technical support.

We use both Perfecto Mobile and Mobile Center. Our customers dictate which tools we use.

The initial setup is easy, especially with the cloud version, which is what we use.

My colleagues handled the setup phase and we had a center dedicated to mobile, but I am unsure if we solicited any outside help.

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model.

The solution itself is fairly broad in scope meaning you don't need to implement other solutions.

While Mobile Center is a little difficult to install, Perfecto Mobile is simpler for both setup and training.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten. It's the best tool, but it can still be updated to be even better.

Perfecto
November 2022
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Associate - Projects at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It offers cloud-based architecture for manual testing, along with integration with Appium and Selenium.

What is most valuable?

• Cloud-based architecture for manual testing
  • Performance testing & automation of browsers, mobile devices and gadgets
  • Enhanced reporting with video recording and proper steps
  • Wind tunnel
  • Appium + Selenium integration
  • Best-ever tool for RWD apps
  • Parallel execution of almost any browsers, mobile devices and gadgets

How has it helped my organization?

It has saved hours of manual testing time, costs and efforts. It's pretty much the best tool that has a repository of all the execution status, apps and information, which can be available in any part of the world.

What needs improvement?

Ability to use/automate Windows/iOS/Linux environment would be a great feature to add in cloud.

Increasing local deployment of cloud devices/resources worldwide would be even better.

I have used it for two years.

No issues.

Customer service is 100%.

Technical support is 100%.

We used Perfecto + UFT and then switched to Appium + Perfecto as it gives more flexibility and better control.

Initial setup was simple. Perfecto took care of all the setup.

Perfecto made it look easy.

Go for private cloud as it has unlimited hours of testing and the most availability of devices.

We evaluated multiple open-source and commercial tools, but Perfecto helped our needs by providing secured connection over cloud, as we use VPN.

What other advice do I have?

Perfecto has a highly active community so just blend with it. Completing their certifications would give a bright overview about their products and it helps to get better at the tool.

it_user173214 - PeerSpot reviewer
Test Lead at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Due to the cloud-based model, devices available in any geographical area can be accessed and used. In iOS, it needs improvements with some limitations.

What is most valuable?

The cloud features are the most valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

In iOS, it needs improvements with some limitations.

I've been using it over a year.

There have been no issues with the deployment.

There have been no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues with the scalability.

It's been 100%.

It's been 100%.

No previous solution has been used.

It was straightforward to implement.

We used an in-house team with help from the vendor.

No other solutions were used.