Panaya Test Dynamix OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Panaya Test Dynamix is the #1 ranked solution in top Defect Tracking tools, #9 ranked solution in top Quality Management Tools, #12 ranked solution in top Regression Testing Tools, and #22 ranked solution in top Functional Testing Tools. PeerSpot users give Panaya Test Dynamix an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Panaya Test Dynamix is most commonly compared to Tricentis Tosca: Panaya Test Dynamix vs Tricentis Tosca. Panaya Test Dynamix is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.

Download the Test Management Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Panaya Test Dynamix?

Panaya Test Dynamix makes it easy for large enterprises to test smarter and release faster, by gaining control and visibility of every aspect of their ERP testing wherever they are.

With SAP ERP testing holding unique challenges, Test Dynamix offers provides all test management and execution capabilities in a single place , with a business process-centered approach designed specifically for SAP and Oracle testing, risk-based testing and test automation, to ensure the most efficient and effective large-scale testing possible.

Panaya Test Dynamix Customers

Over 3000 leading enterprises worldwide including SONY, NICE, NEC, Shiseido, DHL, ABB and Grupo Bimbo

Panaya Test Dynamix Video

Archived Panaya Test Dynamix Reviews (more than two years old)

Enterprise Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Leaderboard
I get a consolidated view and reporting and it enables us to build a workflow that we can customize to our requirements
  • "The initial setup was not complex and the product itself is very easy to configure and use."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for reporting and as proof of all the testing that is done.

How has it helped my organization?

I like the fact that we have a single platform that provides all the features and where it is possible to have good reporting capabilities as opposed to integrating a few systems in order to achieve some of the functionalities. My biggest concern is always the consolidated view and the reporting that I have available.

What is most valuable?

The features I find most valuable is the fact that you gain the auto recording of the evidence as you execute the test cases from the 15 sites. Secondly, I like the collaboration amongst team members. The third thing I like is sprint feature, which is based on your weekly or bi-weekly sprints where you have all your development or functionalities, and where you want to roll it out in the next few days. It's easy, it's online and you can drag and drop.

When I think from a project governance perspective, the fact that you have a place for all your releases, and where you can drill down or add extra attributes to the pages for recording additional information is very valuable. I also like the building workflow that you can customize to your requirements, as well as the inputs and export features on the pages.

What needs improvement?

I think the costs can be improved because replacing the existing solutions with Panaya was actually quite expensive. Especially since it is an open-source product that requires a lot of security control.

I would also like the deployment of the custom codes to be handled in the system as well so that you can your build scripts and track all the fast links. So from that perspective, I would want to have the deployment prices being taken care of as well.

Test Management Tools
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Panaya, Micro Focus, Tricentis and others in Test Management Tools. Updated: November 2022.
    654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I think from a stability perspective, it's good. I remember at a time we were using it with Oracle ERP, and there were some issues, but I think that was an isolated scenario and we were using the wrong browser.

The scalability is good and we had no issues with that.

Some of our questions were answered very quickly. Others had to be redirected, and it took a little longer. I think it may be due to the time lag between Europe and America, so there was a small delay due to that. It may also be due to the availability of specific expertise, which may not be in Europe but in the US, so they had to wait to get an answer to the question.

The initial setup was not complex and the product itself is very easy to configure and use. I didn't see any complexity, but you need to know where you want to go and how you want to do that. My advice would be to consider using all the expertise and geo availability - especially for a new product. It's always good to speak to the people who have implemented it before and learn from their experience.

The solution is rather expensive due to the security it has to offer.

What other advice do I have?

There is always room for improvement, so, on a scale from one to 10, I would give it at least an eight.

PDG at Boreal Conseil
    Leaderboard
    Provides better monitoring for testing campaigns and business process testing
    • "Test migration from HPE are done automatically. We can extract our tests from HPE, and they convert it into the Panaya format."
    • "It is easy for business users to use who are not familiar with testing tools."
    • "Provides better monitoring for testing campaigns and business process testing."
    • "They provide options for custom fields or tabs, but customization of workflows would be great."
    • "Support is reactive and in English only."

What is our primary use case?

The primary user case is test management for user acceptance tests and business process testing. It is also used for test automation with record and play and codeless script editing, e.g., we can replay a test with different data sets.

How has it helped my organization?

• It is easy for business users to use who are not familiar with testing tools.
    • Provides better monitoring for testing campaigns and business process testing.
    • We are able to test more things and be quicker with automatic documentation.

What is most valuable?

• Automatic test documentation
    • Codeless automation
    • Collaboration into business process testing. This is very unique and useful!

What needs improvement?

They provide options for custom fields or tabs, but customization of workflows would be great. Though, the standard defect workflow management is already great.

Less than one year.

Support is reactive and in English only.

We previously used HPQC. It was not fitted for business users, too old, expensive, and hard to use

Onboarding was easy. There is a single training for the tester.

We evaluated QASymphony.

Panaya is more designed for BP testing. They started with SAP upgrades, so they could better understand ERP needs.