Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Oracle Advanced Analytics OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Advanced Analytics is #7 ranked solution in top Data Mining tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Advanced Analytics an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Oracle Advanced Analytics is most commonly compared to IBM SPSS Statistics: Oracle Advanced Analytics vs IBM SPSS Statistics. Oracle Advanced Analytics is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.

Download the Data Mining Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Oracle Advanced Analytics?

Oracle Advanced Analytics 12c delivers parallelized in-database implementations of data mining algorithms and integration with open source R. Data analysts use Oracle Data Miner GUI and R to build and evaluate predictive models and leverage R packages and graphs. Application developers deploy Oracle Advanced Analytics models using SQL data mining functions and R. With the Oracle Advanced Analytics option, Oracle extends the Oracle Database to an sclable analytical platform that mines more data and data types, eliminates data movement, and preserves security to anticipate customer behavior, detect patterns, and deliver actionable insights. Oracle Big Data SQL adds new big data sources and Oracle R Advanced Analytics for Hadoop provides algorithms that run on Hadoop.

Oracle Advanced Analytics was previously known as OAA.

Oracle Advanced Analytics Customers

Orbitz, Marriott, SGS Life Science, Masdar, AlliantEnergy Corporation, British Standards Institute, Skybox Security, Triple PointTechnology, and Coca Cola.

Oracle Advanced Analytics Video

Oracle Advanced Analytics Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Advanced Analytics pricing:
"The solution is priced well."

Oracle Advanced Analytics Reviews

OBIEE/ODI senior consultant at Kastech
Helpful technical support, but performance and queries should be addressed
  • "When needed, we will work closely with Oracle support and implement their workaround in our application."
  • "The performance, scalability and queries should be addressed, as well as the data distribution of certain data techniques."

What is our primary use case?

We use the 12c version of OBI and ODI and 11.1.1 of OBIA.

What needs improvement?

The performance, scalability and queries should be addressed, as well as the data distribution of certain data techniques.

I'm IT and have a total of 13 years of experience working with these tools, including ten with those of data warehousing, such as Oracle BI Analytics, ODI: Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle BNS Analytics and OBIA: Oracle Business Intelligence Analytics. I have also worked on Power BIH and in Tableau, for visualization purposes.

The scalability should be addressed.

When it comes to scalability, we require an area of application, meaning we need to maintain things in different application servers and to do so for certain agents, like network distribution. This means that when the issue comes in on the server, it will immediately be picked up from other servers and some clustering techniques will be maintained.

Data Mining
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, SAS, IBM and others in Data Mining. Updated: September 2022.
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

When an issue arises, we first analyze it on our end. If we see that it is not feasible for us to handle it on our own, then we will avail ourselves of Oracle support by creating requests and will coordinate the issue with them. When needed, we will work closely with Oracle support and implement their workaround in our application.

When it comes to data mining, I am acquainted with most or all of the Oracle tools and have had a positive experience with them. I include in this list SQL database, SQL PL SQL, ODI, Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle Business Intelligence.

What other advice do I have?

We must start from scratch for each new project, which entails assessing the data, data scrubbing, data modeling and implementing data mining techniques. There is also involved association, clustering techniques and regression.

There is a need to analyze the data and put it into the documentation.

I rate Oracle Advanced Analytics as a seven out of ten.

Feras Ahmad - PeerSpot reviewer
Director : Oracle GRC at Technology Risk Partners
Intuitive dashboard, high performance, and easy to use

What is most valuable?

The dashboard interface is intuitive and the user is able to interact with it to receive good results from the analytic. We have been getting high performance out of the solution and the tools are easy to use.

What needs improvement?

There are some transactions we have not been able to find through the dashboard.

I have been using the solution for years.

The solution is stable, we have not had any downtime.

The solution is scalable for up to 65,000 users then after that, I was getting an error related to memory or buffer size being too low.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle is number one in the world for security, safety, and privacy. This solution is very good.

I rate Oracle Advanced Analytics a ten out of ten.

Download our free Data Mining Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, SAS, IBM, and more!
Updated: September 2022