IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

OpenText ProVision OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

OpenText ProVision is #16 ranked solution in top Architecture Management tools and #34 ranked solution in BPM Software. PeerSpot users give OpenText ProVision an average rating of 8 out of 10. OpenText ProVision is most commonly compared to ARIS BPA: OpenText ProVision vs ARIS BPA. OpenText ProVision is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.

Download the Business Process Management (BPM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is OpenText ProVision?
OpenText’s MIM (formerly Metastorm Integration & Managed File Transfer) solution provides a single platform for you to manage both batch and real-time, system-based integrations and processes complete with an audit trail to ensure operational success. With OpenText MIM, your organization can: Track high volume transaction and data transfers and file content from a centralized dashboard Ensure corporate data and auditing compliance requirements Enhance agility and visibility into end-to-end process activities at the system, data and human interaction levels Tie legacy systems into new SOA environments Simplify interactions with your existing legacy systems and data by integrating them into your improved business processes

OpenText ProVision was previously known as Metastorm ProVision.

OpenText ProVision Customers
Delta Technology, Export Development Canada, Rompetrol, Salt River Project, AMEC, U.S. Air Force, HP Consulting & Integration
OpenText ProVision Video

OpenText ProVision Reviews

Project Manager at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable with okay pricing but needs better integration capabilities
  • "The stability of the product is very good."
  • "Integrating with or interfacing with other tools like data management tools would be very helpful."

What is most valuable?

The stability of the product is very good. The costs are reasonable.

What needs improvement?

There are a number of drawbacks. Mainly, the collaboration is lacking to some extent - at least when it comes to how we are using it. There is also the fact that the provider pushed us to the cloud version. Those are the main topics that are driving us towards a replacement that has a number of advantages against ProVision. That mainly is, collaboration and not being forced to the cloud on the provider's agenda. Integrating with or interfacing with other tools like data management tools would be very helpful.

We've been using the solution for the last five to seven years or so.

Stability is not an issue. We haven't had any major mishaps with ProVision. The stability and the quality of the software as such for the functional status given, we don't have an issue with that. It's more the collaboration functionalities and a number of other issues. For example, how to embed it more in our policies that are beyond process management.
Business Process Management (BPM)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Software AG, iGrafx and others in Business Process Management (BPM). Updated: June 2022.
609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The company previously used Visio, which is basically the paper and pencil version of premises management.

The pricing is not an issue for us.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users. We don't have a business relationship with the company. The current product which we're working with is ProVision, however, we would like to get rid of it. We're looking into the marketplace for a replacement. It does not do just process management, it has to fit in with the rest of our environment. It's not just the quality of the software itself, as process management. It's how it also fits in the rest of the environment. That plays a role with us. That said, there's no specific platform in this case. In the mid-term, we need to get rid of it, however, it's not that we have to get rid of it tomorrow. I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. It's not a bad product. It just doesn't work specifically how we need it to for our business.
MDS & Solutions Director at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
The license covers all models and features but only supports certain APIs
  • "All the features come as part of a standard license."
  • "Lacks the ability to have your own in-house developments."

What is our primary use case?

OpenText is for e-correspondence, document management, focus automation and it can also be used for accounts payable processing. We are partners with OpenText and users of this solution. I'm a solution director.

What is most valuable?

I like that all the features come as part of a standard license and that one license covers everything.

What needs improvement?

My main complaint is that the solution is not open source in the sense that you can't have your own in-house developments. The only thing that they can support is certain APIs that can help you integrate and create your own API solutions.

I've been using this solution for 15 years, initially on-prem but we're now moving to AWS.

The solution is scalable and stable.

The initial setup is straightforward, deployment took around three months and we used a consultant. We used a technical team of three or four people and we have around 300 users.

Unfortunately, the licensing is only for an end-user so you can't have a shared license like a concurrent license.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution.

I rate this solution seven out of 10.

Download our free Business Process Management (BPM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Software AG, iGrafx, and more!
Updated: June 2022