It is a solution for Linux remote users. We don't use Microsoft.
OpenText Exceed TurboX (ETX) OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
Download the Remote Access Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022
What is OpenText Exceed TurboX (ETX)?
OpenText Exceed TurboX (ETX) is a remote access software that helps maintain business continuity while offering high performance over wide area networks. With OpenText Exceed TurboX, you can move individual applications or complete desktops that are normally installed and managed physically on each user’s personal computer to a centralized datacenter or cloud environment, allowing remote users access to the business-critical applications they need from any location.
OpenText Exceed TurboX (ETX) Features
OpenText Exceed TurboX has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:
- Security: ETX offers strong security with over-the-wire network communication encryption and support for enterprise logon systems, including keycards.
- Speed: The solution provides reliable remote access for high performance and increased user acceptance.
- Integrated high availability: OpenText Exceed TurboX deploys in a highly available server “cluster” for high availability access to ETX Server with maximum uptime.
- Suspend and resume: With this feature, you can manually suspend sessions at any time and resume them on any computer, auto-adjusting to the new monitor resolution. In addition, you can easily reconnect to existing remote sessions after connection interruptions.
- Universal client: You can access your work remotely from laptops, desktops, and tablet computers by using the browser-based HTML5 client.
- Central web portal: With centralized administration, IT teams across the organization can easily monitor and manage user access to systems.
- Display of remote sessions: OpenText Exceed TurboX graphically displays remote sessions, including support for UHD displays and multiple monitors.
OpenText Exceed TurboX (ETX) Benefits
There are several benefits to implementing OpenText Exceed TurboX. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:
- Responsiveness and session resilience: OpenText ETX allows users to access graphically demanding software solutions, where responsiveness and session resilience are key, with nothing more than a laptop and a browser.
- Accelerates productivity: The solution is designed to accelerate productivity because it offers better performance than alternative solutions.
Multiple deployment options: OpenText ETX can be securely deployed in the cloud or in a datacenter, UNIX, Linux and Windows applications.
- Centralized servers: Users can connect, disconnect, and reconnect through a simple browser at any time, from anywhere, since each application and desktop instance runs on centralized servers.
- Administrative portal: The solution’s administrative portal helps reduce hardware, IT costs, and complexity by assuming control of all installations, updates, and access rights.
- Cost savings: By using OpenText ETX, you can replace expensive workstations with centrally managed servers to concentrate more users across shared resources. In addition, for other cost reductions, you can leverage advanced network infrastructure, bandwidth, and network reliability to implement a single (or just a few) global data centers.
Reviews from Real Users
A Project Manager at a tech services company says, “This product is great. It's easy to use and it can solve certain problems our remote users face. Employees in other cities and countries can easily access it. The solution is perfect for Linux users.”
OpenText Exceed TurboX (ETX) was previously known as OpenText Exceed TurboX.
OpenText Exceed TurboX (ETX) Customers
SMS Group, Micronas, Inphi
OpenText Exceed TurboX (ETX) Video