IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Nutanix Clusters OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Cloud Migration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Nutanix Clusters?

Nutanix Clusters integrates into public cloud accounts like AWS, so that you can run applications within existing VPCs, eliminating network complexity and improving performance.

Nutanix Clusters Customers
The Home Depot, JetBlue, Hyundai, ShiftLeft
Nutanix Clusters Video

Nutanix Clusters Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Nutanix Clusters pricing:
"I am working on one configuration that is priced at $50,000 USD, whereas another one that I'm working on is estimated to cost $250,000 USD."

Nutanix Clusters Reviews

CTO at MEDWIZ SOLUTIONS
Stable with great replication and snapshot capabilities
  • "The scalability is good."
  • "The pricing can be better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for versioning. The clusters are on my private cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

The fact that snapshot, replication, and management are tied together all is important due to the fact that if your snapshots are too big, you can have problems going ahead and replicating to the other clusters. You often need bandwidth managing to make sure that you don't flood the bandwidth of your connection between two or three places.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the replication, the snapshots. They all go hand in hand with each other. The snapshot technology with replication and bandwidth management is good.  The initial setup is simple.  The solution is stable.  The scalability is good.

What needs improvement?

The snapshots have room for improvement. The pricing can be better. They don't own the networking side of it. Nutanix is harder to restore. The problem with Nutanix is when you want to restore data and you only want to restore selected data, much more tedious. With Scale, it's a simple GUI and takes seconds.
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Nutanix, NetApp, Amazon and others in Cloud Migration. Updated: June 2022.
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We've had Nutanix now for four years.

The solution is extremely stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution can scale well if you need it to. If you have a large number of machines, Nutanix is the way to go. Nutanix will let you just keep on adding hundreds of nodes to a cluster. However, reading-wise, Nutanix is slower than, for example, Scale.  I have a staff of two. I have three others on my staff right now that currently know the system.

Nutanix support is good. However, Scale is better. They do respond and they do things, but Scale is faster.

I have both Nutanix and Scale, which are two competitors. Scale does some things better than Nutanix. Nutanix does some things better than Scale.

The implementation is straightforward. It's not complex at all. It's all very simple.  The deployment took us not even a day. It's very fast. Maintenance is easy and doesn't take much time. It's pretty self-repairing.

The pricing is a bit high. It could be less expensive. It gets very expensive to use it. It's based on the CPU and everyone else basically has pricing based on the CPU and between CPU, RAM, and hard drive space. It's not amazing.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user. Users are going to have to know the CLIs and they're going to have to learn the back doors to CLI for stuff and make sure that they really have someone who is doing the networking properly and double-check all your network configurations with Nutanix. They don't do any of that. Whereas Scale sells you the network switches already configured. I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.
Security and Infrastructure Practice manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Adds flexibility between on-premises and cloud-based servers, with good technical support
  • "The most valuable feature is having the full features of my Nutanix on-premises applications in the cloud."
  • "The biggest weakness with Clusters at this point is that the adoption rate is low because customers don't know enough about it."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Nutanix Clusters is one of the products that we sell to our customers. We deal primarily with architectural products that include physical servers, networking, and storage. It is mostly on the hardware side.

Nutanix Clusters is for customers that want to go to the cloud, but they have applications that can't be moved. By implementing Clusters, we can move most of the applications back and forth between the cloud an on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is having the full features of my Nutanix on-premises applications in the cloud. It gives more flexibility with the ability to create storage pools and share it between my physical servers and my cloud servers. Since I'm running it all on Nutanix, I don't have any data excise fees.

What needs improvement?

The biggest weakness with Clusters at this point is that the adoption rate is low because customers don't know enough about it. We are just starting to get engaged with this product.

It has to be priced aggressively because it needs to make sense for customers to migrate to it.

Nutanix Clusters was just announced last week, so I don't have much experience yet.

Although it is too early to tell for sure, if it is anything like Nutanix ALS on the hardware then it is very, very stable.

It's extremely scalable.

Nutanix tech support is one of the best in the industry.

The setup is not any more complex than a typical cloud implementation. You really need to pay attention to where you put your compute resources, how you handle high availability, and things like that.

The licensing costs depend on what you need and how it is sized. I am working on one configuration that is priced at $50,000 USD, whereas another one that I'm working on is estimated to cost $250,000 USD. It really depends on the customer's environment.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering Nutanix Clusters is to get a professional to help you with it.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
June 2022
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Sys Eng at a wholesaler/distributor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reliable and stable with excellent technical support
  • "The solution can scale well."
  • "Some of the interfaces aren't as intuitive as they should be."

What is our primary use case?

The solution provides our entire infrastructure for my 40 plus locations and 500 users.

What is most valuable?

The reliability is the solution's most valuable aspect.

I have found the stability to be very good.

The solution can scale well.

Technical support is great.

What needs improvement?

Some of the interfaces aren't as intuitive as they should be.

The initial setup can be slightly complex.

I've dealt with the solution for almost four years. It's been a while.

The solution is reliable and very stable. there are no bugs or glitches. it just works. There are no crashes or freezing.

We have over 500 users across 40 locations. Everyone from office workers to factory personnel has access.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand, it can do so.

I deal with tech support quite often and they are fantastic. I am very satisfied with the level of attention I get when I need their help.

The initial setup can be a little bit complex.

I handle the maintenance and deployments of updates myself. You don't need a lot of people to maintain it. It's easy, however, if you run into any trouble, there's always technical support who can assist.

I can't speak to the licensing costs. I have no visibility on that at all.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user. I use Nutanix on a daily basis.

In terms of the deployment version I am on, it's generally as close to up to date as I can make it.

I'd advise potential new users to do their homework and don't look back.

I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten. Overall, I've had a great experience.

Sr. Customer Support Engineer at Magnamious Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Beneficial data protection, reliable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

Nutanix Clusters are used for redundancy and to protect our core machines from failures.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Nutanix Clusters is to protect the data.

I have been using Nutanix Clusters for approximately six years.

The stability of Nutanix Clusters is good.

Nutanix Clusters is scalable.

We have one customer using this solution.

The technical support for Nutanix Clusters could be better.

The initial setup of Nutanix Clusters is of a medium level of difficulty. It took us approximately two days to deploy.

We have two engineers that are supporting Nutanix Clusters.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Nutanix Clusters an eight out of ten.

Solution Architect at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Feature - rich, with good scaling automation and micro segmentation

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Nutanix Clusters are Prism Central, Micro-segmentation, and cluster scaling automation.

What needs improvement?

There are still some things that could be improved about the product.

I have many customers who have been using Nutanix Clusters for more than ten years.

We have a mix of versions that are used, some are old and some are new versions.

Nutanix Clusters is a very stable solution.

It is a scalable product.

In my opinion, our customers will see a positive return on their investment.

What other advice do I have?

I am collaborating closely with Nutanix partners in India.

I would rate Nutanix Clusters a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Cloud Migration Report and find out what your peers are saying about Nutanix, NetApp, Amazon, and more!
Updated: June 2022