IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Norton Security Premium OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Norton Security Premium is #6 ranked solution in top Anti-Malware Tools. PeerSpot users give Norton Security Premium an average rating of 8 out of 10. Norton Security Premium is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Norton Security Premium vs Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Norton Security Premium is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 50% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 32% of all views.

Download the Anti-Malware Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Norton Security Premium?

The more connected you are and the more your personal information is out there, the more security you need. Do you watch videos or shop on your tablet? Use your smartphone to pay bills or check your balances? Your personal information is in multiple places. Keep it private across all of them. Norton Security Premium provides one easy solution to protect your computers, smartphones and tablets, even on multiple operating systems: Windows, Mac, Android and iOS — and Windows 10. Plus, only Norton shows you if that Android app you’re about to download will impact your battery life, has potential privacy risks or contains malware, before you even install it from Google Play.

Norton Security Premium was previously known as Norton Internet Security.

Norton Security Premium Customers

Temple University

Norton Security Premium Video

Norton Security Premium Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Norton Security Premium pricing:
  • "Pricing for this software is competitive."
  • "As I have been a long-time customer, I was given a fair price of $49.95 per month for the first four to six months."
  • "I don't pay for a license."
  • "Security Premium costs around US$100 for three years, which is a little expensive."
  • "The solution gives the value for the money."
  • Norton Security Premium Reviews

WalterDe Neve - PeerSpot reviewer
    Datacenter Business Development at Fujitsu
    MSP
    Protects against malware, viruses, and ransomware and is easy to handle
    • "Flexible antivirus and antimalware software. It also provides protection against ransomware. It's flexible, easy to handle, scalable, and stable."
    • "Having a dashboard that shows the different functions of Norton Security Premium can convince end users that the software is more than just an antivirus solution. This product offers several features, but end users think that it's just one out of the box solution, because the different functions are not explained in detail."

What is our primary use case?

I'm using Norton Security Premium because I want security and protection for my PCs.

What is most valuable?

What I found most valuable in Norton Security Premium is that it provides protection against malware, viruses, and ransomware. It's a flexible product. It's easy to handle.

What needs improvement?

They say Norton Security Premium is an all-in-one solution, but we don't know exactly what's in it, e.g. they didn't make an effort to explain the difference between a virus scan and a ransomware scan. They offer several features, but end users think that Norton Security Premium is just one out-of-the-box solution, when it has several functions that are not explained in detail. This is an area for improvement for the software. Having a dashboard that shows the different functions of Norton Security Premium can convince end users that the software is more than just an antivirus solution.

There's no problem with Norton Security Premium in terms of stability.
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Microsoft, Check Point and others in Anti-Malware Tools. Updated: June 2022.
    608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Norton Security Premium is a flexible and scalable software. I have a license for ten devices, so I can install the software on several PCs and laptops. This is what I'm looking for.

The setup for Norton Security Premium was easy. To activate a function, you just have to push a button and you don't need to do anything else.

I'm paying for the license of Norton Security Premium on a yearly basis. Pricing is competitive, because I'm paying less than 100 Euros per year, for 10 devices. If I were to rate pricing for the software on a scale of one to five, with five being the highest, I'm rating it a four.

What other advice do I have?

I have a full suite of Norton solutions to protect my PCs, including Norton Security Premium. The software is deployed on-premises, and I prefer on-premises deployment over cloud deployment, finance-wise. Professionally, we have some experience with other antivirus solutions, e.g. Sophos and Symantec, but I can't compare them with Norton Security Premium. Norton Security Premium is a solution I would recommend because it's easy to use, though end-users should be given more information about the different functions the software has, through a dashboard showing the functionalities. I was working in IT, so I know a bit about the product, but if you compare it with the knowledge standard end users have, I'm not sure if more than 50% of the end-users know what they are doing. The dashboard is very important, and I can't think of other features I'd like added to Norton Security Premium in the next release. I'm convinced that Symantec and Norton are the leaders, they know what they are doing, they cover all functionalities of spam, virus, and malware protection, etc. I'm rating Norton Security Premium eight out of ten.

An Owner at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
    Secure, stable, and well priced
    • "The internet security was a plus, and it's pretty good."
    • "I don't like the password manager of Norton Security Premium."

What is most valuable?

The internet security was a plus, and it's pretty good. The ransomware protection that they have now is worth considering.

When compared with Microsoft, Norton has a backup.

What needs improvement?

I don't like the password manager of Norton Security Premium. I won't use this solution for those purposes. The password manager should be simplified.

Their password manager is so hard to use. I really dislike it. You have to come up with a password, and other requirements when you are in the middle of things. It's terrible.

I had been using Norton for a long time and recently started using Norton Security Premium.

I have not had any issues with the stability of Norton Security Premium, so far it is doing what I want.

It is preemptive, and it reminds you that there are areas that need to be checked.

I have not contacted technical support.

I decided not to renew Norton because Microsoft gives you the impression that it is taking the place of Norton. When I used it, I lost an incredibly large folder. It was not necessarily related to malware, but they don't have any backup that I am aware of.

I have also used Dashlane. They have gotten very clumsy. You are constantly required to enter your password.

As I have been a long-time customer, I was given a fair price of $49.95 per month for the first four to six months.

I evaluated the 2021 rating for Norton Security Premium, and it was very high, which is why I decided to start using it again.

What other advice do I have?

I started using Microsoft in 1982.

My only advice to others would be that since it's rated by reputable people as either number one or close to number one of its type, they should consider using it.

I would rate Norton Security Premium an eight out of ten.

June 2022
    608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Shrikant Pillay - PeerSpot reviewer
    Service Management Consultant at Tata Consultancy
    A stable security solution that is easy to install
    • "Norton Security Premium is good, and it's pretty simple to install."
    • "The only problem with Norton Antivirus is that it consumes a lot of resources like CPU and memory in the background. Whenever it's scanning, my laptop becomes very slow, and the worst part is you cannot do anything about it. As this product is secured by my local IT team, you cannot even kill that process, and that's what I've felt about many other antivirus solutions. I'm using McAfee for personal use, and I have the same problem."

What is our primary use case?

We use Norton Security Premium for antivirus. We also use it to block USB devices and some other peripheral devices.

What is most valuable?

Norton Security Premium is good, and it's pretty simple to install.

What needs improvement?

The only problem with Norton Antivirus is that it consumes a lot of resources like CPU and memory in the background. Whenever it's scanning, my laptop becomes very slow, and the worst part is you cannot do anything about it.

I have been using Norton Security Premium for two or three years.

Norton Security Premium is pretty stable.

Norton Security Premium is scalable, but I have only had it for my personal use.
    In my previous company, there were more than 10,000 users.

The initial setup is pretty simple. It took me less than five minutes to implement this solution.

I implemented this solution.

I don't pay for a license.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Norton Security Premium a nine.

MohammadAlshatreet - PeerSpot reviewer
    Head of Information System at a construction company with 1-10 employees
    Stable, scalable, and not too expensive

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for security.

How has it helped my organization?

by saving company from virus

What is most valuable?

The antivirus aspect of the solution is very good.

The support we receive from Norton is excellent.

What needs improvement?

Occasionally when you open a ticket, there's a lack of understanding that prevents the solution from being resolved directly.

I've been using the solution for four years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable. There are no issues with adding other devices or anything like that. We have about 50 people using the product currently. We're using the product pretty extensively.

We are satisfied with the technical support we receive. It's easy to open a ticket if we need to.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's not complex at all. Everything is very clear. Deployment is quick. It only takes about an hour. You only need one person to deploy and maintain the solution.

I handled the implementation myself.

The pricing is good; it's not too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. It's very good. I'd recommend it.

Senior Director, Electrical Procurement at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
    Stable multifunctional virus protection

What is our primary use case?

I use Security Premium to defend against viruses.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the multifunctional protection.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the program is too complex, and simplifying it might be an improvement.

I've been using this solution for one or two years.

Security Premium is stable.

I previously used Kaspersky but decided to switch after hearing it originates from Russia. However, I prefer Kaspersky as the interface is simpler.

The initial setup was straightforward and took between thirty minutes to an hour.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate Security Premium eight out of ten.

Integration Architect at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Useful protection of personal information

What is our primary use case?

The solution is useful for the protection of personal information.

What is most valuable?

Norton is valuable because it protects me from internet vulnerability.

What needs improvement?

As far as improvement to the product, perhaps the price could be better.

I've been using the solution for three years now.

The solution gives the value for the money. It's a subscription model, so I subscribe to it for a year and renew it every year.

What other advice do I have?

When I'm the solution in my personal space, I can see that it secures my laptop. I like this. It works fast and it actually does what I want.

I would rate it ten out of ten because it does good things for me.

Download our free Anti-Malware Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Microsoft, Check Point, and more!
    Updated: June 2022