IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

NetSuite OneWorld OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

NetSuite OneWorld is #9 ranked solution in top ERP tools. PeerSpot users give NetSuite OneWorld an average rating of 8 out of 10. NetSuite OneWorld is most commonly compared to NetSuite ERP: NetSuite OneWorld vs NetSuite ERP. NetSuite OneWorld is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 57% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 35% of all views.
NetSuite OneWorld Buyer's Guide

Download the NetSuite OneWorld Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is NetSuite OneWorld?
A comprehensive web-based solution, NetSuite is the industry's first and only Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business software that supports your entire company from accounting/enterprise resource planning (ERP) to customer relationship management (CRM), professional services automation (PSA) and eCommerce in a single, integrated and powerful business management software solution.
NetSuite OneWorld Customers
Lovesac, Land O'Lakes, Shaw, Kiva, SRS Acquiom, CommVault, Thomas Baker
NetSuite OneWorld Video

Archived NetSuite OneWorld Reviews (more than two years old)

Kandiss Schulz - PeerSpot reviewer
Director of Finance
Allows leadership to make high level decisions
  • "The executive dashboards have satisfied the founders and leadership with up to the minute information. This allows them to make high level decisions."
  • "Needs time entry for billable employees."

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

Resourcing Financial Reporting Project tracking Executive dashboards

What needs improvement?

Time entry for billable employees.

NetSuite OneWorld
June 2022
Learn what your peers think about NetSuite OneWorld. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Not really.

Not really.

I would rate technical support as a six to seven out of 10.

We used Workamajig. We switched because it could not handle our ERP needs

The initial setup was both straightforward and complex. We added a lot of custom fields which created our own complexities.

Good solution for the price, but hire a skilled project manager to handle the technical setup.

We evaluated Intacct, FinancialForce, and Microsoft Dynamics AX.

What other advice do I have?

Hire a very skilled project manager with development skills.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are on the Customer Advisory Board.
Adam Alalouf - PeerSpot reviewer
Director of Information Systems at a energy/utilities company with 51-200 employees
Cloud access enables our distributed workforce to collaborate
  • "Utilizes best practices that are simple to implement."
  • "Some entities are not available for multiple subsidiaries, which requires duplication."

How has it helped my organization?

Cloud access enables our distributed workforce to collaborate.

What is most valuable?

Basic accounting and finance: order to cash, procure to pay, and reporting. Utilizes best practices that are simple to implement.

What needs improvement?

Not every field is queryable. Some entities are not available for multiple subsidiaries, which requires duplication.

Three to five years.

Some slower server response times have been encountered.

Does not support large number of locations without performance issues. Locations above 25 and up to 100 require special permission, and this has slowed down performance.

Technical support is average to good.

Yes, we had a previous solution. We wanted a more robust solution which was cloud-based.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

Measure twice, cut once.

SAP, Intacct, and Microsoft Dynamics 365; among others.

What other advice do I have?

Negotiate pricing, implement support with thorough the requirements documentation, and designate an internal training manager in lieu of opting for NetSuite training. Their training package is templated, which is not very helpful and not repeatable. Also, consider opting out of NetSuite's support packages despite the strong case they will make. If you have a capable in-house administrator, NetSuite's support will be a waste of money.

NetSuite OneWorld
June 2022
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user783078 - PeerSpot reviewer
NetSuite Administrator and DBA at a marketing services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Very flexible solution with almost limitless options for customizations and integrations
  • "Allows us to use it the way we need to instead of changing our needs and processes to fit the product."
  • "The Project Management User Interface is lacking."

What is most valuable?

Highly customizable: Allows us to use it the way we need to instead of changing our needs and processes to fit the product.

How has it helped my organization?

Improved our ability to manage projects, budget, related expenses, and accurately bill our customers for time and materials. Also, we improved our reporting ability considerably.

What needs improvement?

The Project Management User Interface is lacking. The UI could use an update to make it more user-friendly. Multi-subsidiary features could be improved to make the accounting process easier.

Three to five years.

This is a cloud-based solution. We had a few instances where the system was not available, but the vendor is always very quick to respond and fix.

Not so far.

Tech support is very good. If the support rep does not know the answer, they are very quick to escalate to the right group. They have excellent documentation and assist with customizations.

Our old solution did not meet our needs anymore. It was very difficult to report and handle accounting functions on it. Also, we were unable to support international expansion.

The setup was very complex, because we have very complex requirements, especially in accounting. A business with simple requirements could be up and running very quickly.

Consider the roles of the employees who will use NetSuite and identify any groups who will only utilize the employee center. These licenses are cheaper and will reduce costs significantly.

Yes, Salesforce and Intacct.

What other advice do I have?

The product is very flexible with almost limitless options for customizations and integrations. Having said that, Accounting is its main focus, so it is lacking in features when used for project management or support cases which are out-of-the-box. Overall, it is a great product for someone who wants to have a single system that handles all aspects of the business and does a great job making information visible across the company.

Download our free NetSuite OneWorld Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: June 2022