IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

NetSuite OneWorld OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

NetSuite OneWorld is #10 ranked solution in top ERP tools. PeerSpot users give NetSuite OneWorld an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. NetSuite OneWorld is most commonly compared to NetSuite ERP: NetSuite OneWorld vs NetSuite ERP. NetSuite OneWorld is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.
NetSuite OneWorld Buyer's Guide

Download the NetSuite OneWorld Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is NetSuite OneWorld?
A comprehensive web-based solution, NetSuite is the industry's first and only Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business software that supports your entire company from accounting/enterprise resource planning (ERP) to customer relationship management (CRM), professional services automation (PSA) and eCommerce in a single, integrated and powerful business management software solution.
NetSuite OneWorld Customers
Lovesac, Land O'Lakes, Shaw, Kiva, SRS Acquiom, CommVault, Thomas Baker
NetSuite OneWorld Video

NetSuite OneWorld Pricing Advice

What users are saying about NetSuite OneWorld pricing:
  • "Do not try to go it alone. Get a consultant who has been there and listens."
  • "NetSuite offers a great many advantages, including a cost of about third of the traditional pharma manufacturing ERP packages."
  • NetSuite OneWorld Reviews

Harry Paulison - PeerSpot reviewer
    VP of Operations at a manufacturing company with 11-50 employees
    Customizable with great integration capabilities and very good stability
    • "The ability to customize it to create custom fields that are reportable, and then to be able to write script behind it to automate other processes that might otherwise be manual is great."
    • "If you were to use standard costs, it doesn't handle standard costs well."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to run our entire organization from beginning to end. We started with the CRM for opportunities and leads prospects. We also customized it with custom fields to make separate line items and then used that to spit out reports on calculations of gross margin expected based on those opportunities.

We could have multiple line items underneath specific opportunities as the opportunity information's collected at the header level. We would generate sales orders based on approved quotations and a customer PO and we would put in a sales order. The way we configured it was just before we put the sales order in, we would enter all the item information. We would go into the item master, set it up with the associated vendor who was going to provide that material. That way, when you put the sales order in and you selected that item, and you completed and saved it, it would automatically generate the purchase orders without having to reenter all that information.

How has it helped my organization?

The product would see the sales order, understand the requirement, and it would generate demand, and then generate purchase orders. It could also generate work orders if it had a labor component associated with it. From the work order, you could generate POs. Basically, it saved a lot of redundant entries from that perspective. It saved us time and allowed for customizations that helped us with workflows.

In the sales orders, we were able to create custom fields so that we could measure our performance against promise dates. What we did was we created custom fields and there was some scripting behind that, which is one of the reasons we used NetSuite. We could put in the customer's original expected date, what our promise date was, and then measure against how we performed.

If that date was missed, we could then, in a third data field, put in the new date and a reason code. We made that mandatory, so that this way if any dates changed, we knew why. We were able to measure vendor performance against those dates, customer changes against those dates, and our performance against those dates. It was very helpful from that perspective. Having good dates allowed us to also do better cash projections in terms of shipments and invoicing.

It saves paperwork down the line. The only purchase orders that had to be done by purchasing were those that were planned. We had ongoing projects, yet only the planned orders needed to be purchased. Rather than reduce headcount, we were able to take the buyer who was working on the planned or the non-planned purchases and retrain them as an inventory analyst, so that we could focus more on the planned purchases.

It enabled us to really align the skillsets and the needs that we had as the business evolved as a result of the digital transformation. It really facilitated that ability without having to add headcount. We simply retrained. We didn't need to reduce headcount as all part of a growth strategy.

What I would also add is that it not only saves redundant entry there, but it saves redundant entry as it goes through to the fulfillment side on the logistics as all the information's already there. There's nothing to be reentered. When it comes to the invoicing, again, there's nothing to be reentered. It's all pulled from the sales order. In the end, you have a 360-degree view of all the related documents. Finding related records, POs, sales orders, invoices, fulfillment records was easy due to the fact that they were all connected.

What is most valuable?

It helped reduce redundancies in workflows by at least 25% or so.

It's easy to find records, POCs, sales orders, et cetera, as they are all connected.

We didn't have to add headcount or lose employees. We simply retrained them using this process.

The solution saves us a lot of time. It automates a lot of processes.

It allows us to track every aspect of an order to learn about if we are meeting deadlines and why/why not so we can further adjust our processes.

The solution is very good with integration. We were able to integrate DocuSign with NetSuite. That gave us another layer of automation that allowed us to get digital signatures. We did not have to take a lot of extra steps - such as printing, signing, scanning, reattaching, sending via email, et cetera. The system also allowed us to email automatically directly out of the system. We aren't constantly having to jump out of the system to do other processes. It was all contained and thus the communications stayed with those transactions. It really greases the skids all the way through.

We could work in multicurrency, which is what OneWorld allows you to do. It also allows you to have different setups for different city areas based on the company structure that you use. We were able to add and manage multiple virtual warehouses. You can have as many as you want.

The reporting is user-friendly. You could create any kind of reports you wanted.

The dashboards allow you to have all that information available to you as soon as you log in. For example, in accounting, once fulfillment is done, they know exactly what can be invoiced as it would show up in a saved search list and they knew exactly which ones they could invoice. If you set the dashboards up correctly, it provides that information at a glance along with financial reports and other things that it provides.

The ability to customize it to create custom fields that are reportable, and then to be able to write script behind it to automate other processes that might otherwise be manual is great. For example, we had a situation where there were certain fields that need to be updated as a result of other fields. What we did was we created custom fields so that if that field got updated, a script would run overnight. It got updated and it would go and populate the other field, which would normally have to be a manual process. Instead of having to compare and make updates, the system was doing it automatically, saving additional time. With all that time that we saved, we were able to redeploy to customer-facing activities, which were more important rather than maintenance of the system.

Its ability to maintain those customizations in that scripting, upgrades, and updates to the system notwithstanding, was phenomenal my experience previously was anytime you made customizations and there was an upgrade, things would get wonky. In NetSuite, that doesn't happen as they're upgrading the core functionality and you get that as a user, which they do twice a year. You never have to worry, however, as all your scripts and customizations are never touched. They're not impacted by those changes, which is really a great benefit to anybody who's been down that road.

What needs improvement?

There are different inventory evaluation methods that you can use with NetSuite. It natively does average costs all the time. It does that just fine, however, if you were to use standard costs, it doesn't handle standard costs well. It's not a very sophisticated process handling standard costs. That's one caution I would make. If you're using standard costs, you really have to be very aware of that. This is one of its weaknesses. It does it, but it doesn't do it well.

The other problem that we had, or the other challenge that we had, was some of the MRP functionality was cumbersome. In 2020, the update of NetSuite that took place in September, they addressed a lot of that through the supply chain control tower. That made it more automated. They added a number of automated supply chain features, which supposedly addressed that issue, however, how well it addressed it, I'm not clear.

NetSuite OneWorld
    July 2022
    Learn what your peers think about NetSuite OneWorld. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
    622,358 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We migrated from a legacy system to NetSuite and we went live on it in my previous company in 2020. I used it for a year after implementing it.

I find it very stable. They come out with a lot of the upgrades on a twice a year basis, March and September, which really address issues that they know that they have. It's a product that continues to improve and get better.

It's scalable and I find it to be pretty easy to work with. It's very intuitive, it's easy to navigate, and that helps on the training and adaptability side or adoptability, I should say, due to the fact that most users fight change.

However, when the change is made easy; they adopt it much faster. I would say that a good number of our employees had adopted it very, very quickly.

It's totally scalable. For small to medium-sized businesses, I would say that you can go into this product knowing that you can use it easily for the next five to seven years without issue unless your business model changes dramatically and requires something specialized.

I'd say outside of that, you could easily get into this system and use it for a very, very long time, due to the fact that they just keep improving the product and the features and the benefits from those features are what everybody's looking for, which is probably why it's going in three to one to any other ERP system.

In the last environment I worked with we had about 60 users.

I'm considering using NetSuite in my current company. We have currently about 15 users, which may go to 18 or 19. That said, it's a product that we will never outgrow. No matter how much we grow, we won't outgrow it.

I would say technical support is very good. We didn't use it that much due to the fact that we used our integration consultants. We had a number of phases where we were optimizing the system. Therefore, a lot of our support came from them. It was rare when we had to go to NetSuite directly because of that.

We did previously use a different solution. It was a legacy system that we migrated off of.

It was difficult to navigate. Information was hard to find and reports were done in Crystal. Unless you know how to write Crystal Reports, you constantly had to get a consultant to write reports for you. There were no dashboards. It was a client-server product being hosted in the cloud, so it didn't function really well as you also had to host a database. That setup gets clunky, which meant the performance was not great. As a result, trying to get information out, you're constantly having to do VLOOKUPs in Excel to get SQL information out and then massage and change it. It's was just very problematic. That legacy system really had to go. It was very labor-intensive doing any kind of entry. It was just sucking up a lot of time.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. Even the customizations that we made, we were able to identify some ahead of time and we incorporated them as part of our implementation right in the live system. I would say, in condensed timing, we were able to migrate from a legacy system and get NetSuite up and running at about seven months, which is outstanding.

Our deployment plan was basically to scrub our existing data. We made sure that we stuck to the scope of the project - the things that we had to have live such as the functionality, the movement of data from one place to the other, making sure that the setups and the reports were there, and that the training and the testing were done. We stuck pretty closely to our strategy and plan for a go-live. Just a couple of days after we moved all of our ending balances from one system into NetSuite, we tied them out as beginning and ending balances. We were able to then start to process.

For the most part, it was good. It wasn't exactly seamless. Everybody says seamless, however, nothing's seamless. It went as well as you can possibly imagine as most of these migrations usually take a year or more. I've been involved in a number of them over the course of time and this was pretty quick. I would also say that our consultants or integrators were very, very good. They were like an extension of us, which was a critical factor.

I handled the implementation of this solution.

I was the VP of operations, so I was also the acting project manager internally. I used a consulting company as my migration folks.

They were excellent and they really helped streamline the process so that we were able to roll out pretty fast. I'm already working with them again on another project. They work well with our team.

My previous company definitely saw benefits. Just to know our ability to be able to really change our processes and to establish some discipline within those workflows and all the other benefits made it worth the investment. There's tremendous value in it as a long-term investment. The more you use it, the more you leverage it, the more value you get out of it. That proposition never really ends, it all depends upon if the users and the company really make the most of that solution once they've invested in it. It's an ongoing process; it just doesn't end.

It's a bit pricey. It's probably at the higher end. I wouldn't say it's exorbitantly expensive, however, it's not inexpensive. It's certainly higher priced than Acumatica. We felt, for what we wanted to do, it was really the best solution and so we were okay with the cost.

They did work with us on price. We got some discounts and we worked through some additional things where we got some additional discounts. They did work with us to improve the cost value proposition. That said, it is still on the higher side of some of those other solutions.

We did look at other solutions before choosing this product.

We looked at Acumatica, which at that time would have been 2019. We felt Acumatica wasn't quite there yet in terms of features and functionality. Although now, I would say that's changed a bit as they've been chasing NetSuite and they've improved a lot. We looked at some other systems such as Epicor, IQMS, we looked at Sage Intacct. We looked at Microsoft Dynamics, as well, however, it's a different kind of a partial solution. It wasn't really the kind of solution that we were looking for.

I'd say Acumatica and NetSuite are very much the same. Customization in Acumatica may be slightly more challenging. One uses the Oracle database, NetSuite, obviously versus Acumatica, which is just an SQL database, which, at the end of the day, makes no big difference. At this particular juncture, there are only very few differences between the Acumatica and NetSuite products. Although at the time, Acumatica wasn't quite there yet in terms of usability, their MRP and demand planning functionality was very cumbersome. The reporting also was not as robust as it is now.

The Acumatica Cloud ERP and NetSuite were pro for the cloud; they were built for the internet. So they work really well because they're native to the cloud. And I think that's probably some of the key reasons as performance matters. People get impatient. It takes minutes to get things done versus seconds. That time matters. That's why the cloud is preferred.

What other advice do I have?

NetSuite by definition is a subscriber, full subscriber cloud product. You can't host it. It's not offered to be hosted on-premise.

I would say most of the users really, really like it. They felt it was a major improvement over what we had previously and the visibility that it provides you with really helps you understand exactly what's being processed in the workflows, which is critical.

I would advise other organizations to make sure it's a good match for your processes. For companies that already have a process that they need to stick with, they need to carefully review the way that the workflows in NetSuite work as they may have to change the way they work versus changing the system to work the way they want to. That's not going to be to everybody, however, a good first step is to really analyze and make sure that it works for you or you can adapt the system. For us, it was a very good match and we were able to make certain customizations that were not crazy, which really helped us a lot. And we wanted some of the discipline that came with a bit of the rigidity that NetSuite can be known for.

If you're not going to use all those features, there are different ways that you can buy NetSuite. You can buy its core and you can bolt other products onto it. It's possible to integrate certain other applications that are specific to, let's say, an Expensify for travel and expense or DocuSign for digitally signing documents, those are all easy integrations. Those kinds of things make the product very attractive as they're not trying to lock out anything; they're actually facilitating it, which is great.

We've been extremely happy with the solution.

I would rate it at a nine out of ten.

Antonio LiraTerritory Manager LATAM at It Business Edge
    Top 5LeaderboardReal User

What I really like most about Netsuite projects is that there are no small letters, the same you sign to be paid is what you really pay, no surprises on data transfer or MB consuming, it is great!!

Gene Hammons, MBA - PeerSpot reviewer
    Director at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
    MSP
    ERP for the pharma industry
    • "NetSuite is a great solution, fast to bring up and makes everyone's life easier."
    • "Lowers costs, produces higher efficiencies, while maintaining a leaner staff and produces advanced financials."
    • "There is not a 20 year pedigree of pharma experience in the NetSuite channel. While there are many of these CMO Pharma companies rapidly moving to NetSuite, there are few consultants with true pharma experience. Those who have experience are stretched pretty thin."

What is our primary use case?

This review was written in 2018 - See Update Below: We just brought up a pharma manufacturer client on NetSuite. They do contract manufacturing, and while they technically hold the 'manufacturer of record' with the FDA, it is essentially a distribution effort. The actual drug records are held by the CMO (contract manufacturing organization) and the traceability is done by the 3PL (third-party logistics) operations.

2019 Update: NetSuite for Pharma has really expanded - conquering the validation hurdle that kept pharma companies out of a cloud based program that updates every 6 months has been solved!  More current info on the ERPodcast here: https://profitfromerp.com/erpr...

How has it helped my organization?

NetSuite offers a great many advantages, including a cost of about third of the traditional pharma manufacturing ERP packages. As long as the pharma group is doing CMO manufacturing and 3PL distribution, NetSuite is a great solution, fast to bring up and makes everyone's life easier.

What is most valuable?

Most pre-commercial, pre-IPO pharma developments are running on QuickBooks, which is fine for early stages. This is not so good when you get into SEC reporting, advanced analytics, what-if projections for lifecycle, and acquisition decision-making, along with the historic providers of pharma ERP: SAP, Oracle, MS Dynamics AX, Lawson, etc. are million dollar investments (granted), and if actual manufacturing is present, these are all excellent solutions.

For a niche pharmaceutical, that is always going to have a moderate volume with outsourced manufacturing, NetSuite has a ton of advantages. More emerging pharma companies are going this route for these reasons: Lowers costs, produces higher efficiencies, while maintaining a leaner staff and produces advanced financials. It is all there.

What needs improvement?

There is not a 20 year pedigree of pharma experience in the NetSuite channel. While there are many of these CMO Pharma companies rapidly moving to NetSuite, there are few consultants with true pharma experience. Those who have experience are stretched pretty thin. If you are planning to go this route, you should engage a consulting firm that has brought up several different ERP products to fill this knowledge gap and connect you with teams that have actual experience.

Since authoring this article, we've added 6 more pharma manufacturers on the West Coast to the NetSuite Pharma MFG effort. Several do full production in house and we've integrated with Quality and MES systems where needed. We've found validation sources for effective cloud  - and in fact, handle an entire suite of related products for sunshine law reporting (Concur) FP&A, (Hyperion/Host) as well as HR, stock valuation, reporting - to help emerging pharma companies go from the 4 person QuickBooks outfit to an IPO/Commercialization 120 employee (and up) emerging company. More about Pharma manufacturing in some 2019 ERPodcast episodes here https://podcasts.apple.com/us/... and here https://podcasts.apple.com/us/...

No issues.

No issues, and it is much more scalable than QuickBooks.

Good support even when issues are user training related

We previously used Quickbooks. We have moved away from the challenges of handling a public company (SEC reporting) and a commercial enterprise.

There are complexities, and many of them are avoidable with an established consulting team.

Vendor Team. They could have more pharma experience. However, we found that a certified team of consultants avoids many of our issues. NetSuite is too broad for one person to understand all the different areas. We used two consultants for data uploads, a senior consultant for general setup, project accounting consultant, supply chain consultant, and integration consultant to connect with CMOs and 3PLs. Each played a small part in the implementation and our 90 day (this is extremely quick, not recommended) implementation, which came in under budget, because a dedicated data import specialist takes fewer hours than a generalist to do the same task.

Maintaining a lean organization and streamlining approval processes, business workflow, and connecting to outside vendors for inventory and supply chain efficiency.

Do not try to go it alone. Get a consultant who has been there and listens.

We evaluated MS Dynamics AX, Dynamics 365, Ross, and Sage X3.

What other advice do I have?

For a full Guide to Pharmaceutical startups, podcast version here https://profitfromerp.com/podc...

and Blogpost here: https://profitfromerp.com/erp-...

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Software selection, implementation, and monetization consulting.
    NetSuite OneWorld
    July 2022
    622,358 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Territory Manager LATAM at It Business Edge
    Embedded business intelligence, no need to wait, for extract functions, each transaction is reflected in the system dashboards in real-time are valuable features.

What is our primary use case?

Making Intelligent Dashboards is a great way to use this tool, and allow the use of reminders and another components such as Charts.

How has it helped my organization?

I’m Netsuite implementer consultant, and has implemented in various organizations, I think the biggest benefit has been providing a serious powerful software to small and mid-size enterprises at a cost they can afford, improving their operations, that in the past where not integrated into single tool.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Project collaboration through Dashboard Business management and Relations Management is easy to perform, it does need to be worked on as it is difficult for customers, suppliers, and internal users to use.

10 years.

The service level with Netsuite is contract based, some customers who contract the services obtained very good results, but those who have contract basic service level have good results but, few days later.

Technical support is a sensitive issue in Mexico, there are Netsuite partners across the country, but the lack of well-trained people is still a major unresolved issue, all technical knowledge in Mexico is concentrated in three partners throughout of the Country.

I used to be a traditional computing ERP (Prodstar-2, X3, X5, SAP R / 3, JDEdwards) implementer, often bill very well… I am convinced that cloud computing is a trend that we will not be able to avoid, allows organizations dramatically reduce their operating costs, and make them more profitable. This is why I decided to become cloud integrator.

It is really the simplest ERP tool that I set up, I think in medium complexity, because you may know Netsuite well and understand requirements as well.

I worked with two partners in Mexico and have had partial share with two others, definitely all have different competitive advantages that should be assessed, there are complex combinations of price and capabilities of their team.

30% average

Properly size number of users that will need in the medium term, this can generate savings in licensing, that Netsuite can respect for several years, prices vary depending on the type of organization, and implementation services, depends on experience and prestige of implementing Netsuite partner.

We competed with many ERP solutions the main competitor is SAP BusinessOne, midrange ERP as MS Dynamix, the advantage in several projects was not spending on hardware nor specialized personnel.

What other advice do I have?

As a small and mid-size enterprises tool, usually in Mexico and Latin America Netsuite customers migrate from very small systems, and suddenly their operations become more complex, if data migration and training issues are not well taken, implementation experience can turn into a very complex and time consuming problems; validate well your Netsuite Partner references of past projects, also check credentials of performing implementation personnel that will assist you.

Territory Manager LATAM at It Business Edge
    Processes that previously took hours to complete (such as reviewing a sales order and calculating inventory across warehouses) are now accomplished in minutes.

Agriculture Industry, located in Monterrey Mexico. Applications Replaced: Custom-built legacy applications, Aspel, CONTPAQ, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel.

Customer Success:

Sugar producer Ingenios Santos has dramatically improved business visibility, control
    and efficiency since migrating from disparate on-premise legacy applications.

Company has streamlined and automated core business processes including sales orders, procurement, multi-location inventory management, order management and
    fulfilment, customer management and more in a single integrated solution.

Real-time visibility into sugar stock across all five mills enables Ingenios Santos to
    optimise production processes and better meet customer demand.

Company has doubled its number of customers since going live on NetSuite.

NetSuite OneWorld global business solution provides management control over subsidiary sugars mills and enables multi-currency transactions in Mexican pesos, U.S. dollar and Euros.

Cloud-based solution provided business continuity and eliminated risk of damage to
    on-premise systems when a flood shut one mill for a month.

Rich customisability has enabled Ingenios Santos to easily tune NetSuite to meet
    unique business demands.

Challenges:

Antiquated on-premise applications offered no standardisation across processes and
    information.

Ingenios Santos lacked visibility into inventory management and other core processes,
    inhibiting visibility and forcing guesswork decisions.

Previous infrastructure could not scale to meet company growth objectives and consumed valuable time with tedious data re-entry.

Solution:

Ingenios Santos selected NetSuite over SAP, Microsoft, Oracle and TOTVS as a solution offering better business functionality and ease customisation.

NetSoft, a Mexico-based NetSuite partner that has led more than 60 NetSuite
    implementations, implemented the solution on time and on budget.

NetSuite cloud solution provides mobility and business continuity without the high IT
    maintenance and troubleshooting costs of the previous on-premise system.

"NetSuite has given us a world-class solution with minimal initial investment. A cloud solution has many advantages over an on-premise solution, and there is not a better solution in the cloud than NetSuite."

Ingenios Santos

Is Netsuite a Complete solution?

The asnwer is "Not Yet", unfortunately Netsuite not contemplate a robust WMS nor Complex Manufacturing production processes solution. Netsuite reported improvements will be made during 2016, So we must wait a bit more.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We've been a NetSuite strategic partner since June 2006.
    Antonio LiraTerritory Manager LATAM at It Business Edge
    Top 5LeaderboardReal User

In the time that has passed since I wrote the article, many improvements have been integrated into the Netsuite platform, including the improvement in the supply chain, this has been making the tool more sophisticated, the best of all is that they are integrated under the same contracted value of the functionality.

Veerender Kumar - PeerSpot reviewer
    Product Owner at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Scalable, stable, and responsive technical support

What is our primary use case?

NetSuite OneWorld is a cloud-based solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having more integration.

I have used NetSuite OneWorld within the past 12 months.

NetSuite OneWorld is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have approximately 1,000 users using this solution in our customer's company.

The technical support is very good. We also have local support here in India.

The installation is straightforward and it took more than one and a half hours.

I did the implementation of the solution myself. We have a team of approximately five people who do the maintenance and support of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate NetSuite OneWorld a seven out of ten.

Download our free NetSuite OneWorld Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: July 2022