Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE is #72 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE is most commonly compared to NETSCOUT nGeniusONE: NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE vs NETSCOUT nGeniusONE. NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 74% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE?

NETSCOUT’s nGeniusPULSE delivers the visibility needed into today’s evolving IT eco-system to ensure the availability, reliability, and performance of your mission-critical business services across your multi-cloud environment, from wherever users need access.

NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE was previously known as nGeniusPULSE.

NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE Customers
Banco Votorantim
NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE Video

NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE Pricing Advice

What users are saying about NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE pricing:
"The price of NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE is high. The other solutions are less expensive but we cannot depend on the other solutions, they are not as stable."

NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE Reviews

Principle Engineer Network Management Systems at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Good visibility, simple installation, and helpful technical support
  • "The most valuable features of this solution are monitoring and maintaining traffic queuing, as well as seeing who is using the bandwidth."
  • "They require a lot of manual effort as traffic flows, networks, and formal times change."

What is our primary use case?

We use NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE in the same way that we use any other packet distributed permanent packet sniffing traffic and service insurance type product: you deploy it, you wait for things to happen, you create baselines, and you get threshold violations. When we get alarms from the system, you go investigate.

What is most valuable?

They are good.

The most valuable features of this solution are monitoring and maintaining traffic queuing, as well as seeing who is using the bandwidth.

What needs improvement?

They require a lot of manual effort as traffic flows, networks, and formal times change. Their physical devices require physical connections to other devices to gather information. It's a logistical disaster.

They require a lot of physical maintenance.

They could improve by embracing modern virtualized networks.

I have been working with NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE and other NETSCOUT solutions for decades.

Network Monitoring Software
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about NETSCOUT, Cisco, ExtraHop Networks and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: September 2022.
635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.

NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE is very stable.

NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE is scalable. However, the larger your network, the more probes, and tap points are required. It is easier if you are a smaller business than if you are a larger business.

We are currently in the process of shutting down the data centers where it is deployed. That was the Sprint network. We had about 30 concurrent network management users at its peak, with everyone monitoring the converged core traffic.

Technical support is good. They are not necessarily up to date on all protocols, but they have a good general understanding of the majority of them.

We had actually installed all three of them: PFS, the Network Packet Broker, and the nGenius Pulse.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We would have one team in charge of upgrading the software and server instances. Then there would be the data center teams, who would do the tapping.

I am not aware of the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest using something else if you get more than two data centers.

We don't resell, we are customers.

I would rate NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE an eight out of ten.

Mohamed Abdalla - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Network/UCC Consultant at FVC
Reseller
Highly stable, helpful support, and beneficial network troubleshooting analysis
  • "The most valuable feature of NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE is the network troubleshooting analysis. You can pinpoint an issue before it could shut down the network."
  • "The price of the solution could be reduced."

What is our primary use case?

We sell NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE to our customers that have highly secure sites to make them more stable. We need to be sure that there is stability in the performance of their network.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution can minimize the time technicians spend on troubleshooting issues in a company. This is a benefit.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE is the network troubleshooting analysis. You can pinpoint an issue before it could shut down the network.

What needs improvement?

The price of the solution could be reduced.

I have been using NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE for approximately 10 years.

NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE is highly stable.

The scalability of NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE is good. If the network grows the solution can handle it. It's very flexible to upgrade the users or nodes without any issues.

We have a lot of customers that are enterprises but this solution works well for all side companies.

The support from NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE is more than perfect. We open a ticket and receive a phone call from the technical support in the region, and they can fully support us.

The initial setup of NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE is not complex. You follow the steps and it is straightforward to complete.

The price of NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE is high. The other solutions are less expensive but we cannot depend on the other solutions, they are not as stable.

When you purchase the license annually it is more cost-effective. Monthly payments do not receive maximum discounts.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate NETSCOUT nGeniusPULSE an eight out of ten.