IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Kaspersky Security for Mail Server OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Kaspersky Security for Mail Server is #23 ranked solution in top Email Security tools. PeerSpot users give Kaspersky Security for Mail Server an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Kaspersky Security for Mail Server is most commonly compared to Fortinet FortiMail: Kaspersky Security for Mail Server vs Fortinet FortiMail. Kaspersky Security for Mail Server is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 55% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 41% of all views.

Download the Email Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Kaspersky Security for Mail Server?

Email is the number one vector used by cybercriminals to penetrate and attack enterprise IT systems.

Kaspersky Security for Mail Server uses Next Generation technologies including advanced heuristics, machine learning and sandboxing to detect and protect against ransomware, spam, phishing, data loss and even unknown threats penetrating your IT systems through emails and malicious attachments.

Kaspersky Security for Mail Server Customers
Vimpel Com, Estrella Galicia, Krombacher
Kaspersky Security for Mail Server Video

Kaspersky Security for Mail Server Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Kaspersky Security for Mail Server pricing:
"Price-wise, I would rate this product a four out of five. It could be a bit cheaper."

Kaspersky Security for Mail Server Reviews

General manager at DotCom, Lda.
You can install the plugins on the same machine hosting your exchange, and it's a good complement for other security solutions
  • "You can install the plugins on the same machine hosting your exchange solution. It's a good complement for Sophos security, which scans the traffic before it reaches your mail service. Kaspersky is on the mail server itself while Sophos handles the incoming traffic. With both of them working together, we have the perfect solution for mail."
  • "It would be great if Kaspersky could do what Sophos does for us. However, we love having these two different technologies doing the same thing. Sometimes Sophos has the patch to block a novel threat, but Kaspersky doesn't."

What is our primary use case?

We generally use Sophos for our mail servers, but we added Kaspersky for a second layer of protection. You can install the plugins on the same machine hosting your exchange solution. It's a good complement for Sophos security, which scans the traffic before it reaches your mail service. Kaspersky is on the mail server itself while Sophos handles the incoming traffic. With both of them working together, we have the perfect solution for mail.

We deploy Kaspersky on-premises because many government institutions in Mozambique don't want to use anything related to the cloud. That's why most of our solutions are on-prem, because our government customers are worried about their sensitive information.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if Kaspersky could do what Sophos does for us. However, we love having these two different technologies doing the same thing. Sometimes Sophos has the patch to block a novel threat, but Kaspersky doesn't. There are also times when Kaspersky is the first to have the patches. We are happy with the product so far. I don't see any improvement that I would advise.

We've been using Kaspersky Security for Mail for three years now.

Security for Mail Server is a robust and stable solution. Once you deploy it, you don't have to do much.

Email Security
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Kaspersky, Fortinet, Cisco and others in Email Security. Updated: July 2022.
619,967 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have three big client companies using Security for Mail Server with 2,500, 1,500, and 6,000 users, respectively. Many companies in Mozambique use their own on-premise mail servers, so it's an easy sell.

Kaspersky support is good.

The Kaspersky installation is a medium-level difficulty. You have to understand how the mail server is configured then apply the package on top. It takes a day to fully deploy the solution, and we could handle the deployment ourselves with two technicians.

Security for Mail Server is an annual subscription. You pay for one license, and you have full access to all features.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Kaspersky for Mail Server eight out of 10. It's a good complement to our mail security. I recommend it.

MOUSAM KHATRI - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Security Lead at vbl
Good anti-phishing capabilities and it's simple to set up
  • "The most valuable features are the anti-phishing and anti-spam capabilities."
  • "Encrypted email attachments are not being monitored by this solution, which is an area that they need to work on."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the anti-phishing and anti-spam capabilities.

What needs improvement?

They need to include features for deep packet inspection.

I have been working with Kaspersky Security for Mail Server for two and a half years.

Stability-wise, this product is good.

Kaspersky Security for Mail Server is scalable, and we have approximately 3,000 users.

We tried working with Kaspersky technical support when it came to an investigation that we were conducting. We needed further details so we requested certain information from them.

I would rate the technical support a three out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

This product is simple to set up.

We implemented this solution in-house.

There are between 10 and 15 people in our IT department and they are in charge of maintaining this product, as well as our other solutions.

We have come to know about Proofpoint Email Protection and the features that they provide. For example, they are pretty good in terms of email monitoring, especially because their product performs a deep inspection of both incoming and outgoing emails. In this regard, they are very good when compared to Kaspersky.

What other advice do I have?

Download our free Email Security Report and find out what your peers are saying about Kaspersky, Fortinet, Cisco, and more!
Updated: July 2022