IBM Watson Discovery OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IBM Watson Discovery is the #5 ranked solution in top Indexing and Search tools. PeerSpot users give IBM Watson Discovery an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. IBM Watson Discovery is most commonly compared to Microsoft FAST: IBM Watson Discovery vs Microsoft FAST. IBM Watson Discovery is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 57% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 14% of all views.
IBM Watson Discovery Buyer's Guide

Download the IBM Watson Discovery Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is IBM Watson Discovery?

Watson Discovery is an award-winning enterprise search and AI search technology that breaks open data silos and retrieves specific answers to your questions while analyzing trends and relationships buried in enterprise data. Watson Discovery applies the latest breakthroughs in machine learning, including natural language processing capabilities, and is easily trained on the language of your domain. Unlike competitors, Watson Discovery can be deployed on any cloud or on-premises environment.

IBM Watson Discovery Customers

Prudential, Bradesco, Woodside

IBM Watson Discovery Video

IBM Watson Discovery Reviews

Research at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Beneficial accuracy reports, highly scalable, and simple initial setup
  • "The most valuable features of IBM Watson Discovery are the integration with the rest of the Watson Suite and the Watson Assistant capability. If you use Watson Assistant, the ability for it to be able to determine the accuracy of your voice models and your voice response systems is a benefit."
  • "The support from IBM Watson Discovery is good but could improve to make it great."

What is our primary use case?

We used IBM Watson Discovery to look at the different models that we have built and their performance accuracy.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of IBM Watson Discovery are the integration with the rest of the Watson Suite and the Watson Assistant capability. If you use Watson Assistant, the ability for it to be able to determine the accuracy of your voice models and your voice response systems is a benefit.

What needs improvement?

IBM Watson Discovery has moved to a newer version and it is very difficult to train the newer version. It's harder to train than the previous one. They do provide training but it is still a work in progress.

I have been using IBM Watson Discovery for approximately one year.

Elastic Enterprise Search vs. IBM Watson Discovery
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Elastic Enterprise Search vs. IBM Watson Discovery and other solutions. Updated: November 2022.
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

IBM Watson Discovery is stable.

The scalability of IBM Watson Discovery is very good.

We have three or four data scientists that use the solution.

The support from IBM Watson Discovery is good but could improve to make it great.

IBM Watson Discovery's initial setup is simple.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement IBM Watson Discovery is to take advantage of the trial and go explore it well in the 30 days before you adopt it. If you do adopt it, it works best within the Watson ecosystem.

I rate IBM Watson Discovery an eight out of ten.

Roger Itai - PeerSpot reviewer
Founding partner at Proxima TI
Allows us to use rules to extract information and crawl external sites, but it needs a lot of memory

What is most valuable?

Being able to have some rules to extract the entities is valuable. The capability to crawl external sites and internal documents, and then draw internal information with external contents is also valuable.

What needs improvement?

It needs a lot of memory. Our index is very big. It is around 100 gigabytes. So, we need more than 100 gigabytes of memory to use Watson.

I have been using this solution since 2018.

We haven't deployed it to production yet. We are doing a proof of concept with some users. Currently, we have around 15 users, but we have plans to increase its usage. We currently have a solution for 400,000 users, and we want to replace this solution with Watson.

It's fine. Sometimes, they are kind of slow, which is okay when we are not in production, but in production, it is a risk for us.

It was simple because you get technical support from an IBM partner in Brazil.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten. It's a good product.