IBM Cloud Private OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IBM Cloud Private is the #14 ranked solution in PaaS Services. PeerSpot users give IBM Cloud Private an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. IBM Cloud Private is most commonly compared to OpenShift: IBM Cloud Private vs OpenShift. IBM Cloud Private is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a financial services firm, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the PaaS Clouds Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is IBM Cloud Private?

IBM Cloud Private is a private cloud platform for developing and running workloads locally. It is an integrated environment that enables you to design, develop, deploy and manage on-premises, containerized cloud applications behind your firewall. It includes the container orchestrator Kubernetes, a private image repository, a management console and monitoring frameworks.

IBM Cloud Private was previously known as ICP.

IBM Cloud Private Customers

Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company

IBM Cloud Private Video

IBM Cloud Private Pricing Advice

What users are saying about IBM Cloud Private pricing:
"We pay annual licensing fees."

IBM Cloud Private Reviews

Mustafa Kavcioglu - PeerSpot reviewer
Team Lead at Halkbank
Beneficial for compliance issues, great support; there are defects around multi-cloud management
  • "Excellent technical support."
  • "lacking in multi-cloud management."

What is our primary use case?

Initially, we were using the platform for POC, carrying out tests. We've recently started delivering our main banking applications and mobile banking app on the Cloud Private platform. Half of our main banking services are now on that platform. I am the administrator of the platform and we provide it to our customers.

What is most valuable?

The support provides crucial value because the culpability issues that we have faced are very challenging. The IBM Turkey support personnel helped us with those issues. We chose the product because we knew the support was good. It makes a big difference.

What needs improvement?

From a technical perspective, there are some things lacking including some defects around multi-cloud management. If you install a second one, you cannot manage both of them from one dashboard. That's a problem for us and needs to be solved.

I've been using this solution for over two years.

PaaS Clouds
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Red Hat, VMware and others in PaaS Clouds. Updated: November 2022.
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is scalable and stable.

Our company is in Turkey and IBM provides good support. We don't have any complaints.

The setup is fully automated, so there was no problem there. We have 13 users in our company who manage the system but many of our customers also use it. The users in our company our general admins, cloud admins and project admins. At the peak, there would have been a million customers throughout Turkey.

The licensing fee is paid annually.

What other advice do I have?

I think this IBM solution is the best for the industry because they support legacy systems, and since we're dealing with regulations, it's the best way for us to stay safe. The stability of the system is more important than anything. From a financial point of view, I recommend it.

I rate the solution seven out of 10.

Private Cloud

IBM
CristianIriazabal - PeerSpot reviewer
Architect of solutions at Gire S.A.
A solution that ranks in the top five and integrates well with API Connect
  • "The product's framework is good, it integrates well with API Connect, and the private cloud allows for use in any location."
  • "One issue with the solution is latency because there is lag time when we connect."

What is our primary use case?

Our company has a staff of ten who use the solution to provide cloud integration for our clients. Administration of API Connect runs in the cloud and other components are managed on-premises.

We are IT architects who provide consulting services and recommend different infrastructures. We are not partners with IBM but have a good relationship with them and other providers.

What is most valuable?

The product's framework is good, it integrates well with API Connect, and the private cloud allows for use in any location.

What needs improvement?

One issue with the solution is latency because there is lag time when we connect from Argentina to IBM's data centers in Washington and Dallas. It would be a benefit to have a data center in Latin America.

The solution does not offer many routes over the cloud that are available with other solutions such as AWS which is a leader in the industry.

I have been using the solution for two years.

We pay annual licensing fees.

Some colleagues believe AWS is more expensive but I don't find that to be the case.

We believe AWS is the leader in cloud services and ranks as the top solution. Azure and IBM rank within the top five solutions.

We are currently evaluating IoT and Elasticsearch solutions for other standardized services we might offer.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is not at the same level as AWS or Azure but it is a good IBM product.

I rate the solution an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud

IBM
Download our free PaaS Clouds Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Red Hat, VMware, and more!
Updated: November 2022