IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Adriamcam - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Engineer at ITQS
Reseller
User-friendly, easy to install, and helps with monitoring
  • "One of the most valuable features found using Harmony is being able to monitor in a simple and orderly way."
  • "The support is not very good."

What is our primary use case?

It was implemented at work to be able to monitor collaborators and know what pages they are using and thus be able to take the necessary actions to block pages that are not authorized in the company and also know in which pages collaborators spend more time and be able to measure their work performance and thus be more effective in our company.

Once all the security breaches of our collaborators have been detected, we can determine which options to mitigate in the company and improve security.

How has it helped my organization?

Harmony has improved the organization in being able to better monitor the use of internet bandwidth, accesses, pages, restrict pages, and allow sites, however, it has also been found that it makes machines a bit inefficient. By this, I mean that portable machines stick and become slow or cause lockouts with teams. It has also been possible to determine that, for use on a Mac PC it is not very complicated to do the installation. You must have very robust equipment.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features found using Harmony is being able to monitor in a simple and orderly way. The panel configuration and agent installation on each of the machines is very practical and quickly distributed.

Another valuable characteristic is the configuration of reporting and information of each of the users. This report is quite complete and it is possible to determine what actions to take in the organization and be able to present a report to high command.

What needs improvement?

One of the areas that should be improved is the ability to make the software less heavy for laptops that handle a relatively normal performance since, if it is used with a computer with high performance, Harmony behaves well and does not cause slowness.

This made us uninstall the product on several collaborator machines as the performance of the PC dropped a lot. Some programs, like Teams, do not work and this causes us issues where we cannot monitor those machines.

Harmony Connect
July 2022
Learn what your peers think about Harmony Connect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have used the product for a year.

The stability is very good, however, it harms a little of the performance of the PC.

The support is not very good.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

We did not previously use a different solution.

It was a simple installation.

We implemented the solution with the assistance of an intern.

The cost is very accessible and the installation is very easy to implement.

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

It is very user-friendly. The panel is easy to use.

Jonathan Ramos G. - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Engineer at ITQS
High catch rates, automated forensic data analysis, and great machine learning capabilities
  • "Review of exported and imported packages and protection and content filtering have been useful."
  • "In mobile devices, there is also sometimes a bit of tear when it is via LTE, however, that must be due to connectivity."

What is our primary use case?

It was installed on the machines of the organization due to the need to filter all the incoming and outgoing content and to protect the teams - mainly our units that use laptops and have to be constantly moving.

In the last two years with the appearance of Covid-19, this solution gave us that protection outside the organization that had been neglected for strengthening internal security.

Another great advantage is the possibility of being able to protect our mobile devices by integrating the solution into all mobile devices.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has given us an additional layer of protection in our equipment and applications, mainly now that the equipment is portable and in many cases, we must connect to various public Wi-Fi networks.

Its Granular Access Control over and within each resource, based on dynamic and contextual evaluation of user attributes and device states is great.

A broad set of rules can be applied across all users, servers, and enterprise data stores, including user commands and database queries - giving users well-managed access.

What is most valuable?

Advanced behavior analysis and machine learning algorithms shut down malware before it does damage.

The solution offers high catch rates and low false positives to ensure safety,
efficacy, and effective prevention.

The automated forensic data analysis delivers insights into threats.

Complete attack containment and remediation can quickly restore any infected system.

It blocks malware coming from web browsing or email attachments before it reaches the endpoints.

What needs improvement?

It is important to locally validate the consumption exerted on the equipment. At times, when I lose connection, I feel that the equipment is slowing me down. They could improve this detail or indicate that the application, while it is being restored, can generate latency in the communication processes. That said, it is definitely a very good solution for the protection layer in teams inside and outside the organization.

I have been using the solution for two years and it really works.

It is very stable and normally any problems generated are from loss of internet.

Scaling is easy and fast, thanks to the fact that it is licensed.

We did not use a different solution previously.

It is a quick solution to install, however, its cost is really medium and not low.

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

It is perfect for keeping all my devices protected.

Harmony Connect
July 2022
620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Cloud Support - Security Admin at a tech company with 1-10 employees
User
Easy to implement with granular access and good portal administration
  • "The application control and granular access feature are very easy to use, intuitive, and effective."
  • "They could improve on the available public documentation."

What is our primary use case?

In our company, we needed to be able to provide security to our teams that are outside the offices due to pandemic issues. With it, we found we were able to shield them through Harmony Connect.

It provided us with the way to provide governance, control and monitoring of the visited sites, see vulnerabilities and find out how to deal with them in order to avoid cyber attacks. With this tool, we can guarantee that the equipment will not be an easy target for cybercriminals. It is really simple to implement.

How has it helped my organization?

Checkpoint Harmony Connect helped us to guarantee the protection of equipment not covered by a Check Point Gateway. For example, when a vendor goes out and connects to the network from anywhere or is the target of cyber attacks (which can generate a loss of equipment functionality in addition to infiltrations or loss of company information that is confidential) which is why we decided to use this tool. It generated everything that was needed at the security level. It is an excellent tool.

What is most valuable?

The most valued features for us are:

The ease of implementation, of installation in the equipment, and the low performance of the equipment that the agent requires to provide security.

Its administration through a portal. Infinity Portal does not need to be implemented in an additional management server; rather, it is web-based and manageable from anywhere.

The application control and granular access feature are very easy to use, intuitive, and effective. It does not require equipment updates, policies are updated quickly.

What needs improvement?

They could improve on the available public documentation. The most modern applications or features of Check Point are difficult to find in their documentation for implementation. According to the manufacturer, sometimes it happens that the manual is applied, yet the desired implementation is not achieved.

Also, as seen in our support cases, it is somewhat slow to solve problems. There are other manufacturers that have better support. They can improve on that part and prevent customers from complaining about how they provide solutions.

We have used this tool for about two years.

It is an excellent security tool that provides additional features to our existing GWs. We can provide web security with it.

We had not really used other tools; when we had the need, we investigated, and we found Check Point Harmony Connect.

The cost is difficult to find, however, our seller can solve these issues. The cost is normal. It is per protected user.

We validated some security solutions, however, Check Point Harmony Connect was perfectly suited to what we needed.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very modern tool and can be used to achieve security for old and new vulnerabilities.

Mohan Janarthanan - PeerSpot reviewer
Assistant General Manager- IT Security at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Great real-time phishing blocking, great zero-day sandboxing, and effectively minimizes threats
  • "Overall, the unified agent covers endpoints as well as prevents web browser attacks."
  • "Providing USB control in a Linux environment will give more control over data security."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution as an endpoint protection platform, which supports the next-generation antivirus. It offers endpoint detection and response and will help on addressing a single agent that will support multiple features.

This helps IT Security operations front to minimize the security threats. Also, we can map the MITRE ATT&CK framework in a single dashboard which provides complete endpoint device visibility.

The solution offers runtime protection against ransomware, malware, and file-less attacks, with instant and full remediation features that give good insights into the organization's threat landscape.

How has it helped my organization?

The unified agent helps in addressing the system usage. Instead of installing different agents and real-time protection, the platform provides greater visibility to the operation team to see incidents in real-time, instead of creating a lot of false positives. The vaulted space features give more controls on signed processes. In case the malware attempts to perform a shadow copy deletion, the machine will not lose any data. We can also take a backup of the file.

Phishing protection gives good insights about credential theft and zero phishing.

What is most valuable?

Phishing sites are blocked in real-time and protect against previously unknown phishing sites and corporate credential re-use. This will prevent the business end-user from being compromised by attacks.

Zero-day sandboxing is an additional feature that can provide greater visibility on the sandboxing end and gives more control on the threat front. We can sanitize the files if we want, using a threat extraction process with infected files that can be cleaned in the process and provides a safe environment.

What needs improvement?

The remote browser isolation is not part of the unified agent, as of now. It could protect more on threat intel sources and could give a broader view of threat hunting.

Soon, the unified agent should take more CPU processing in the systems-deployed Check Point agent.

Providing USB control in a Linux environment will give more control over data security. Few other OEMs provide Linux USB control. If Check Point could adopt the technology in near future, it would give more of a value add to existing customers.

I've used the solution for more than six months. We are using the Check Point Harmony end point solution.

We switched in order to avoid multiple agents.

Pricing is purely based on their industry and company decisions.

We did look at the Sentinel product.

Sr. IT Network & Security Manager at ADAPTURE
User
Good pricing, easy to use, and very secure
  • "The integration that this solution has with the different routers or perimeter equipment is exceptional."
  • "The suspend feature needs more control."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Harmony Connect (clientless and client) with Harmony Mobile, Harmony End Point, Harmony Office security.

Before we were using Fortinet Client with Token and we are now using Harmony Connect in Saudi Arabia.

We use Check Point for application control, IPS, and web filter on-premises and wanted an in-kind solution for off-prem users. The primary requirement was for the Harmony policy to be able to be managed from the same SmartConsole instance as our on-premises gateways are managed.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution is secure, scalable, and easy to handle with good support

The Check Point portfolio showcases very strong products.

It very easily allows users to leverage their home office via safe access. If they had any type of issue with the machine, the disk is already encrypted.

The client's requirements were that the solution could:

• Be designed to prevent the most evasive cyberattacks
  • Have Zero-Trust network access to enterprise applications
  • Secure Internet access for remote users
  • Protect branch office (SD-WAN) connections to the Internet and the cloud

What is most valuable?

Harmony Connect Client is very powerful tool.

I find it very easy to implement and deploy in the organization. One point to note is that it is a very user-centric solution.

The integration that this solution has with the different routers or perimeter equipment is exceptional. We were able to implement the solution on the same hardware as the SD-WAN equipment in each branch and central site.

Mainly, Zero Trust Network Access is one of the most important features of this Check Point Harmony Connect solution. It's of the Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) type since it gives us secure access to the organization as if we were physically in the organization.

What needs improvement?

The suspend feature needs more control.

Zero Trust Network Access can be a security breach if not used correctly. I have implemented it and it turns out that access to the organization's applications must be complemented with user awareness.

It is important to note that the Zero Trust Network Access feature is an important feature for the solution, however, at the same time, the organization's applications can be accessed if user access is available. A double authentication factor could solve this gap.

I've been using the solution for one year.

We were using Fortinet Client Token Solution. We switched as CP gives more control and visibility.

The tool is very handy at a good price.

We did not look at other options.

Senior Information Security Manager at Adidas
User
Secure, with good support and an openness to constructive feedback
  • "The Check Point portfolio showcases very strong products."
  • "An improvement could be made in terms of achieving better coverage in such complicated regions as the Asia Pacific, China, and Russia."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the product to secure roaming users who work outside the office as well for protecting a variety of company locations.

It is great that Check Point continues to be a visionary in the network security market and delivers such anticipated products which allow users to cope with ongoing security challenges and trends.

It is used to protect offices and retail stores and it is a step forward from the traditional connectivity architecture which lacks flexibility and prevents business to advance at the desired pace.

How has it helped my organization?

It is great from an operational point of view. There is no need to procure and install HW; a new location could be secured almost instantly.

There is no need to talk about security. It comes from a team of talented developers and has a historic record. The Check Point portfolio showcases very strong products.

The support from Check Point's side is great as it always and allows you to understand the product, produce and secure design as well as deploy and test it. Furthermore, the product owners are actively looking for feedback. This allows you to express your opinion and shape the product to improve it according to your needs.

What is most valuable?

The product is great as it allows users to deliver the most security value at the fastest speed. It reduces an operational load in terms of provision, installation, management, patching, and hardware replacement by increasing uptime and reducing the time to deliver to market. It also provides cloud-native availability and allows you not to bother with the sizing and location capacity as long as you stick with Harmony Connect. The price is reasonable.

Last but not least, there is an option to manage Harmony Connect from the centralized management station which allows users to apply existing policies while having a single pane of glass for network security.

What needs improvement?

An improvement could be made in terms of achieving better coverage in such complicated regions as the Asia Pacific, China, and Russia. Some PoP locations might create complicated traffic flows and impact the latency and load on network infrastructure even further.

Advanced details of log information are missing. However, the Check Point team is definitely open to constructive advice and is happy to make any requested changes.

There are still some limitations that exist while using centralized management with Harmony Connect.

I've used the solution for six months.

alvarado - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Support Leader at a tech company with 51-200 employees
User
Protects equipment, provides good security, and offers great reporting
  • "The administrative part provided by the infinity console is very good and friendly to administrators."
  • "They could verify the time at which the emails arrive. Sometimes it takes a while."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution primarily as security for business equipment, and optimization of their use. We are very happy with the features.

In the company, it is about finding a way in which employees can optimize time in addition to validating the security found in personal equipment, thus providing protection over the information contained in personal equipment. In this way, it is the main defense against attacks. Besides being quite friendly and reliable as a super recognized brand worldwide, the managers are quite happy with the use.

How has it helped my organization?

The product has provided greater security on the computer in which the application was installed in addition to providing portability in what was the use of the equipment

It's generating trust with the use of the equipment, the secure web entry, and the peace of mind that the information contained in the hard drives in equipment is protected correctly. This has increased the productivity of the employee and the administrator thanks to the ease of use and its good reports sent monthly to validate everyone's use.

What is most valuable?

The truth is that the whole tool is quite good; it meets expectations.

One of the most important features is the visualization of web use.

The reports that arrive with the different sessions provide administrators with a broad visualization of the use of the equipment by the collaborators, and, based on the decisions made have shown an improvement in productivity.

What needs improvement?

Previously, it was not available for Mac.

They could also verify the time at which the emails arrive. Sometimes it takes a while.

The console, the inclusion of users, could be massive. We should have to add them one by one. Doing it in bulk would make it easier for administrators.

We need to verify if the agent is providing latency in the equipment. Some
collaborators indicated that the product could be occupying a lot of
performance of the equipment for which they sometimes complain.

I've used the solution for about six months.

I had not used such a great product previously.

The company needs to improve prices to make it more accessible.

Check Point is a great brand.

alvarado - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Support Leader at a tech company with 51-200 employees
User
Easy to implement with great reports and good availability
  • "The reports generated are very good and have helped us make decisions to improve the security of all our equipment and information located outside the perimeter."
  • "Sometimes the web portal has latency."

What is our primary use case?

We had a need, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, for teleworking, which had to be implemented massively worldwide, in our company and country it was also, for which all collaborators connected outside the office to work. This increased the risk of an attack both on the physical equipment and on the information handled by each of the users, also due to virus contagion through the network or VPN.

For this reason, we required security in this equipment, which we could not provide with our Check Point Gateways. When looking for an option, we found Harmony Connect, which came to meet this need in an incredible and easy-to-implement way.

How has it helped my organization?

Our experience with this technology has been very good. It helped us cover the teams of collaborators who are telecommuting with web filtering being one of the main features. We have managed to avoid access to pages with vulnerabilities to our teams and network.

It is also very easy to implement through its agent, which is installed in the computer's operating system.

What is most valuable?

Check Point Harmony Connect has helped us in various aspects of security. A very good feature is its compatibility with the Check Point Infinity Portal, which is fully managed from the cloud, in addition to its web gateway features that allow monitoring and blocking. With available application control, internet access has been totally more controlled and secure,

It is important to mention that the service has an availability of more than 99%.

Very easy to implement by mail we can download and install your agent.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the web portal has latency. It seems to me that they should validate that so that it would be a little faster when carrying out our administrative and control actions, on the other hand, have more online documentation for the complete use of all its functionalities.

Being a recently new application, even on the internet, there is not a lot of documentation that other Check Point functionalities have. It would be nothing more than those details that we think can be improved at the manufacturer level.

We are currently using this solution during an evaluation of its characteristics and we have been using it for approximately eight months.

Download our free Harmony Connect Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: July 2022